Mi Sol (Male Isabela x Reader)

By GlacialQueen25

The story of Encanto...but with a twist. (I do not own anything related to Encanto or the imagery used. I on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Finale
New Books Out

Chapter 2

5.2K 162 16
By GlacialQueen25

Inside of Casita was a mess of different people decorating and moving things left and right for tonight's ceremony. A few people bumped into the teens making them stumble a little before catching their balance.

“Luisa, the piano goes upstairs!” Abuela Alma instructed.

Luisa, who was walking past them carrying three barrels, leaped into action dropping the barrels onto the ground, “I'm on it! Careful sis! Careful (Y/N)”

  A strong gust of wind blew their hair back and they looked over at Tia Pepa pacing in a circle clearly stressed.

“My baby's night has to be perfect, and it's not perfect.” She muttered loudly, “And people are going to be coming and nothing's ready!”

“You're tornado-ing the flowers!” Tio Felix tried to warn her, “The flowers!”

“Did someone say flowers?” A cocky male voice echoed out.

A beam of light focuses on Isaiah as he floats down on his vines. The storm ceased and everyone watched the male in awe and glee, while Mirabel looked unimpressed and annoyed.

“Please don't clap.” Isaiah created a bouquet of flowers and handed them to Tia Pepa.

“Thank you.” The older woman smiled, holding the flowers close.

Isaiah smiled sweetly, “Oh, it's nothing!” He turned his head sharply, making his ponytail hit Mirabel in the face. He rolled his eyes at her, “A little brotherly advice, if you weren't always trying too hard, you wouldn't be in the way.”

Mirabel narrowed her eyes at her older brother, “Actually, Isa, this is called helping. And I'm not in the way. You are.”

(Y/N) winced at Mirabel who just ran into a pillar and before she could help, a vine wrapped around her wrist. Her (e/c) eyes followed the vine and saw Isaiah smirking at her.

“Come on, Mi Sol.” He yanked the vine a bit and started walking, “I got something to talk with you about.”

(Y/N) looked back at Mirabel giving her an apologetic smile before getting yanked away.

Isaiah dragged the girl all the way to his room and once the door closed behind them, he released the vine's grip on her wrist.

“So what did you want to talk about?” She asked him, watching as he sat on his flower bed.

He grabbed the vines that kept his bed hanging and looked at her with a teasing grin, “Mi Sol, why do you still have that orchid?

“Well if it grew the way I wanted it to, I was going to give it to you.” (Y/N) said and frowned looking down at the potted plant in her hand.

“How cute.” He grinned, “Though you are terrible at gardening, I appreciate the thought.”

She cracked a small grin and walked over to the bed, taking a seat and looked at him with furrowed brows, “Why did you drag me away from Mirabel?”

He frowned, “I needed to talk to you, I heard Abuela talking to the Guzmans, I-I think they are trying to marry me off to Mariana.”

A sudden pain hit her heart, the idea of him being with Mariana made her sick for some unknown reason. She forced a smile on her way and tried to push the unknown feeling away.

“She seems like a nice girl.” She shrugged, “She's liked you for a while now too.”

Isaiah scoffed and looked at her, “But I don't love her so it's pointless.” He sighed and laid back on his bed staring up at the high ceiling filled with flowers, “There's someone else I love, but I doubt she loves me back.”

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and laid back on the bed as well, “She'd be stupid if she didn't. You're a Madrigal, plus a pretty decent guy personality wise. Looks, yeah you lack there.”

He sat up with an offended gasp and threw his pillow at her, “How dare you! I am the most handsome man in all of Encanto!”

Giggling, she sat up as well and smirked teasingly, “You sure? I’ve seen Mariana's brother and he is pretty handsome.”

“AHH! ISA!”

The door slammed open and Abuela Alma stood in disbelief at the scene. Isaiah glaring up at (Y/N) as she hung upside down from one of his vines.

“What are you doing?!” Abuela Alma gasped.

The male’s eyes widened and he released the vines holding the girl upside down, letting her fall to the ground with a grunt.

“Uh…there was a spider and (Y/N) got scared.” He lied with a perfect smile.

The eldest Madrigal clearly didn't care to discuss the manner and gave him a narrowed eye look, “A-Aye  nevermind that, make sure your room is clean! I don't care how big it is!”

She shut the door and it was silent for a few moments, before the two broke out into quiet laughter.

“You should probably go get ready for tonight.” Isaiah said as he offered her a hand up.

(Y/N) grabbed his hand and let him lift her up, “Yeah probably…” She patted down her outfit and gave him a teasing grin, “Try not to show off too much tonight? Tonight is all about your cousin.”

He rolled his eyes and pushed her out of his room, leaving her standing outside his now closed door with a small smile on her face.

~*~

The sun had set, but the excited energy that filled the air was high as everyone in town was heading uphill to the famous Madrigal house.

(Y/N) wore her a nicer white blouse that was sleeveless and a bright (f/c) skirt that was to her ankles. Her (h/c) hair was braided and hung over her shoulder. She had an excited smile on her way as she greeted Camilo and Luisa in the front of the house.

Her (e/c) orbs roamed the entire area as many people were conversing and eating. The music was upbeat and lively, it was near impossible to not dance on the spot. She saw Mariana’s mother fixing her hair, as the young woman stared dreamily at certain male dancing carefree.

Isaiah looked handsome as always and was entertaining the couple of townspeople dancing with him. He made one a flower crown, gave one a bouquet,  and a flower beard to a bald man.

His brown eyes found the sun in his life and stopped throwing petals, instead he shot a vine out towards her. The vine wrapped around her waist and yanked her away from the conversation she was having with a townsperson.

“I-Isaiah!” (Y/N) exclaimed, blushing brightly as they were now chest to chest, the vine keeping her in place.

“Mi Sol, so glad you finally came.” He gave her a flirty grin, “Let's dance.”

She rolled her eyes playfully and grabbed his hand, “Just one dance, Isa.”

The vine holding her was gone, now replaced with his arm as he dipped her, “Anything you say.”

One dance turned into two, then three, they kept dancing together as they were lost in the moment. They danced until it was time for the ceremony to begin.

All of the Madrigal's were closest to the beginning of the stairs, Isaiah keeping (Y/N) by his side with his family.

Abuela Alma held the magical candle in her hand and turned to face everyone at the ceremony that gathered around.

“Fifty years ago, in our darkest moment, this candle blessed us with a miracle.” She recited the speech she always gave for the ceremony, “And the greatest honor of our family has been to use our blessings to serve this beloved community. Tonight, we come together once more as another steps into the light to make us proud.”

The curtains at the front of the house pulled open and there stood a scared looking Antonio. The town cheered for the younger boy, but he didn't move. He turned his head to the side and held his hand out pleadingly to the person there.

A few seconds pass and outsteps Mirabel, much to the surprise of everyone in town.

Antonio grabbed onto her arm and the two began to make their way down the aisle.

(Y/N) wore a sad smile on her face, she can tell by the look in Mirabel's eyes, that she is reliving her gift ceremony. She glanced up and saw the annoyed look on Isaiah's face and hit his chest.

“Hey!” He hissed quietly, rubbing the aching spot.

“She's your sister, stop making that face.” She glared at him, before focusing back on Mirabel.

She caught the girl's eye and gave her an encouraging smile, something that made Mirabel feel a little bit better.

Everyone stared up at the top of the stairs where Abuela Alma stood with Antonio's parents. The young boy walked up to his Abuela and she continued the ceremony.

“Will you use your gift to honor our miracle?” Abuela Alma recited, “Will you serve this community and strengthen our home?”

Antonio nodded as he touched the candle, he then looked at the glowing door in front of him.

Everyone watched with bated breath as his small hand touched the golden doorknob. Just like that a new miracle was blessed, the door glowed brightly and a toucan randomly landed on Antonio's arm.

“Uh-huh, uh-huh. I understand you.” Antonio answered the toucan with a bright smile, “Of course they can come!”

From above more birds of different colors flew down as well as some forest animals running up the stairs. The door revealed an engraved Antonio with multiple animals surrounding him.

“We have a new gift!” Abuela Alma announced happily.

Everyone cheered loudly at the news, happy for the youngest Madrigal.

(Y/N) unintentionally grabbed Isaiah's hand and yanked the poor male harshly behind her, as she sprinted up the stairs.

Everyone followed behind as they wanted to see the newest room in Casita and it was a BIG room. Past the doorway was an entire jungle just waiting to play and explore in.

Antonio was given a ride by a jaguar that took him around the beautiful landscape, (Y/N) almost felt a bit jealous at the sight of Antonio's own waterfall to play in. Tio Felix was cheering the young boy and embraced the child as soon as the jaguar brought him back to his family.

“I knew you could do it!” Abuela Alma kissed Antonio's cheek lovingly, “A gift just as special as you.”

(Y/N) winced at those words and looked over at Mirabel. It was clear that she was wearing a sad smile on her face. She gently grabbed Mirabel's hand and gave it a comforting squeeze.

“We need a picture!” Abuela Alma gasped excitedly, “Everyone! Come, come, come, come, come!” She gathered the whole family, minus Mirabel, “It's a great night! It's a perfect night!”

“Mira…” (Y/N) whispered, “Go join them! You're still part of the family.”

Mirabel forced a smile and shook her head, “No, no it's fine (n/n). It's Antonio's moment, I don't wanna ruin it.”

(Y/N) felt her heart ache in that moment and sighed softly. She then gave her a soft smile, “Wanna get some of your mom's famous arepas then? Gift ceremonies always make me hungry.”

“Maybe later, not feeling so hungry right now.” Mirabel gave a small smile back.

The family took their group photo and somehow Mirabel had left the room unnoticed. The party was back in full motion with lively music and dance.

As Isaiah was forced to dance with Mariana, his eyes would keep drifting over to (Y/N) who was dancing with Antonio, Tio Felix, and Tia Pepa. The four of them hitting every beat with big smiles on their faces.

“Come on, Abuela!” Tio Felix encouraged the older woman to dance. “Tirame un paso…wepa!”

“THE HOUSE IS IN DANGER!”

And just like that the music stopped as Mirabel pushed her way through the crowd with a distressed look on her face.

“The house is in danger! She repeated, “The tiles were falling, and there were cracks everywhere. And the candle almost went out.”

Abuela Alma looked concerned, “Show me.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 661 17
What if you were sucked into the world of Encanto. what would you do? (Reader:Avilla Muerte x Isabela Madrigal) Disclaimer: I'm not very good in writ...
11.3K 445 11
oneshots with the la familia madrigal :) accepting requests!! unless it says fem or male, oneshots are written gender neutral :)
57.7K 754 82
(In the tune of Welcome to the Family Madrigal) Welcome to the Encanto Male reader, Something Something Male reader, (Stops singing) Okay I'm done w...
257K 7.1K 18
A boy named Y/N recently moved into the Encanto in search of a new life but what would happen if he suddenly captured the hearts of the Madrigal girl...