X-Men Evolution: X-22

By TheCayde

A group of people discover that they have extraordinary powers and must decide whether to use them for good o... More

????
X-Pulse
Rogue Recruit
Mutant Crush
X-22 VS Wendigo
Middleverse
Turn of the Rogue
SpykeCam

Strategy X

1.3K 38 11
By TheCayde

We open to a football game. First we see some cheerleaders that are from Bayville, then the football players getting ready to hike the ball.

Football player: Blue 22. Blue 22. Hut! Hut

Number 11, Duncan, scores a touch down for Bayville and landing on his back, clutching the football. Jean comes over, leans down and takes some pictures of him.

Duncan: Hey, Jean. Is that one for the yearbook

Jean: No. This is for my personal collection.

Scott is in the bleachers watching them walk from the field.

Announcer: A touchdown by Duncan Matthews!

Meanwhile, Toad is underneath the bleachers, picking pockets. Three of the Bayville players notice.

Number 77: Tolensky's at it again.

Bayville player : Oh man. It's unbelievable.

Duncan: Someone should teach him a lesson. Hey, coach, can we be excused a minute?

Coach looks up and sees Bayville is winning by a lot.

Coach: Yeah, sure, just hurry back.

They head towards the bleachers, Duncan leading.
Back to Scott who is playing with some money. The quarter slips through his fingers.

Scott: Oh, man, my cash. Hey, check it, looks like someone's taking up a collection.

Paul: Woah, think we should we call the cops?

Scott: Keep that option open.

Underneath the bleachers. Toad reaches up and steals another wallet.

Toad: Got another one. Heh heh. Woooaaaw!

One of the football players yanks him down to the ground causing him to fall into the mud, while some money falls around him.

Duncan: Well, if it isn't Toady Tolensky picking up a little spare change.

Toad: Uh... heh heh, Duncan, I can explain...

Duncan: Shut up, frog face!

Duncan slams him into the bleachers.

Football player: Let's crush him, Dunk!

Scott: Let's not, "Dunk". Just chill. The wallets are still there. Let's have him give back the cash, no harm done.

Toad nods, holds up a handful of money.

Toad: Yeah. Yeah. Here's the money.

Duncan: What do you care about this scuzzo, Summers?

Scott: Not much. But I'm not crazy about three against one, either. Let's settle this peacefully.

Duncan: I think me and my buds are going to squash this slimeball. Howlett isn't here to save you this time. So you and your stupid sunglasses at night can just bail.

Duncan throws Toad down and stamps his foot in front of Toad's face, splattering him with mud.

Scott: I said, "Stop it"!

Scott runs at Duncan and throws him into the other two, causing them all to fall. The other football players start to help Duncan up then notice that Toad is taking advantage of the distraction. They drop Duncan back in the mud and run after Toad. Now the only two left are Scott and Duncan.

Duncan: Big mistake, Summers!

They start to fight. Duncan is bigger, but Scott seems to be doing OK until Jean shows up.

Jean: Scott? Scott, NO!

Scott looks over and Duncan punches him. Scott is slammed back into the supports and his glasses are knocked off. His eye beams tear up the ground under the bleachers and Duncan goes flying.

The blast gets very close to a propane tank near the field and it explodes, causing a huge explosion. Meanwhile, Jean is standing there watching this with a horrified look on her face.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

============================================================

An ambulance and police have arrived. Someone removes Duncan's helmet.

Medical person: Take it easy, son. Try not to move.

Duncan moans.

Cop: What happened here?

Duncan: My head... can't remember.

Medical person: Concussion, he's been hit hard. So, what do you think happened here?

Cop: Hmmm. Well, it looks to me like...

Prof X concentrates from inside his car, changing the cop's thoughts.

Cop: Of course. There must have been a leak in that propane tank.

Under the bleachers Jean approaches the fire.

Jean: It's too hot to touch, At least with my hands.

Jean uses her telekinesis to lift some burning boards and lifts Scott's glasses into her hand. Scott is sitting on the ground, legs pulled up to his chest, eyes shut.

Jean: Are you OK?

Jean puts Scott's glasses on him.

Scott: Jean! Oh, man, I...

Jean: Shh, I know. Listen, you better split.

At the field, Jean runs over to Duncan who is lying on a stretcher.

Jean: Duncan, are you all right?

Duncan: Sure, Jean. You know me, skull like concrete.

He taps the side of his head.

Duncan: Owwww!

Jean: Aw, You poor baby.

Jean is walking by the stretcher going to the hospital. Scott is watching from beside the bleachers. His shoulders are hunched. Toad approaches.

Toad: Thanks, Summers. I mean really. Y'know?

Scott: Sure.

He leaves. Toad crouches down. A fly buzzes around him. He eyes it for a moment then Scccclup! No more fly. Prof X talking to Storm, also in the car.

Prof X: Things are under control here. But we'd better hurry. We have a train to catch.

At the Bayville train station. Prof X waits with Storm. A blond kid gets off.

Storm: Kurt?

Prof X: That's not Kurt.

He Looks toward a different exit.

Prof X: This is.

Kurt gets off the train. He is wearing a robe that covers him completely. In the mountains we are introduced to Jacob Howllet speeding down the road, An Agent in hot pursuit. Agent gains ground, both hunter and quarry racing past 100 MPH.

The Agent grabs an Atchisson assault shotgun from a rack behind his seat that holds an impressive array of weaponry. He lowers the passenger window and gets a bead on Jacob, who swerves to keep himself and his more fragile motorcycle a tricky target.

The Agent fires six shells in rapid succession. Hundreds of steel pellets scream over the motorcycle, perforating the face of a smiling farmer on a fertilizer billboard. Jacob turns and sees the SUV closing on him. Agent rams the bumper into the Harley and Jacob very nearly loses control, managing to right the bike at the last second.

Jacob accelerates and opens up thirty yards of breathing room. He turns and sees the Agent catching up again. Jacob clamps on the brakes, hard. He holds out his left hand and extends his claws. The tips of the blades scrape the asphalt and sparks fly. The SUV cannot brake in time. As it hurtles past the motorcycle, Jacob's claws hit the SUV's front tire and shred it instantly.

A split-second later he shreds the rear tire. The SUV totters, falls to its side, and barrel rolls across the empty road. It ends up on its roof in a drainage ditch, wheels still spinning in the air. Jacob turns his bike and pulls up next to the upended SUV.

He lowers the kickstand, stands, and walks to the driver's side. The Agent, bloodied and dazed, has managed to push open the door. He leans out and aims his shotgun at Jacob, who slices the weapon into four pieces with a sweep of his claws. Jacob grabs the Agent by the back of the neck and hauls him out of the car.

Jacob: Those were good people back there. Innocent people.
-

V/A: Roger Craig Smith
-
The Agent surreptitiously pulls a commando knife from a sheath on his ankle.

Agent: You ever notice good people tend to die when they spend time with you or your old man?

He swings the knife at the side of Jacob's neck.'Jacob catches the Agent wrist and slams it against the door frame. The Agent drops the knife with a pained smile. He didn't think that would work.

The Agent: Maybe you should stick with the bad
people. We're more your speed.

Jacob: I got a message for your boss.

Agent: Yeah? Tell me.

The smirk fades from his face as he sees the adamantium claws plunging toward his heart. In the Mountains somewhere else, Logan is on his motorcycle and stops at a gas station. He turns his head hearing another bike engine seeing Jacob pulling up.

Logan: Well?

Jacob: Zero won't be stalking us anymore.

Logan: Hmph. Not bad kid.

They look at a newspaper. The headline reads, "Explosion at high school. Student barely escapes injuries in freak accident."

Logan: Hmmm, Trouble at your school.

Jacob: And I was starting to enjoy my mini vacation.

Logan: Just because you're a straight A student doesn't mean you're not going back.

Jacob: Since when were you into academics?

Logan grabs the paper and they head toward the counter.

Elderly clerk: Yo... Uh... gonna buy that paper?

Logan: 'S why I'm holding it, bub. Bottles of water, too. Cold.

Clerk: (getting the water) Warm weather we're having, for this time of year.

The clerk sets the bottles down. Jacob and Logan gets it, slices the top of the bottles off with their claws, downs the entire contents and slams the empty bottle onto the counter.

Jacob: Recycle that for us, will ya.

The clerk stares, having missed it, only seeing that the upper half of the bottle is sitting on the counter next to the bottom half. Beside it is a twenty.
Jacob and Logan get back on their motorcycles. While Sabretooth is watching them from a nearby peak.

Sabretooth: Grrrrrrr...
===========================================•==================

At the mansion. Scott is waiting by the bathroom, waiting for Jean to get out so they can leave.

Scott: Give it up, Jean, it's hopeless.

Jean is brushing her hair and using her telekinesis to hold up mirrors.

Jean: Just a second!

Scott: C'mon, we're going to be late!

Jean: Almost done!

Scott: Do you want me to blow this door...

Jean opens the door and looks at him.

Scott: down?

Jean: So, are we going or what?

Jean touches his chin as she goes by, Scott smiles a little and walks her direction.

Scott: We're heading out, Professor!

Prof X: Just a minute you two. Come here. There is someone I want you to meet.

Jean and Scott go into the study where Prof X, Storm and Kurt are waiting. Kurt is still wearing his robe with the hood still pulled up.

Prof X: This is Kurt Wagner. He arrived on the train late last night.

Scott: Hey, Kurt. This is Jean. I'm Scott. How ya doing?

Scott offers his hand. Kurt looks at it and backs away toward the Professor.

Prof X: It's all right, Kurt. You're among friends here.

Kurt steps forward and shakes hands with Scott. He shows that his hand only has 3 fingers and is blue.

Kurt: Hello.

Scott glances down and starts slightly, raising an eyebrow. Kurt quickly withdraws his hand.

Prof X: I was just telling Kurt how I made this institute for gifted youngsters. Youngsters whose gifts are not always an asset, right, Scott?

Scott: So, Uh, you heard about last night?

Prof X: It was hard not to, it was on all the news channels. Fortunately no one was badly hurt in last night's incident and the true cause was not discovered but you must be more careful, Scott.

Scott: Come on, Professor, I'm packing a bazooka behind each eyeball. What do you want from me?

Prof X: Control, Scott! Scott's eyes project an optic force beam.

Kurt: Cool.

Jean: So what about you, Kurt? Got a special gift that brought you here?

Kurt teleports across the room and swishes his tail around.

Kurt: Maybe.

Jean and Scott: Woah

Prof X: I'll show Kurt around while you two are at school.

Cut to the principal's office at Bayville Toad is sitting in a chair, moving his feet. The principal's door opens and she calls him in.

Ms. Darkholme: Mr. Tolensky?

Toad gets up and follows her into the office. She makes a face and waves her hand in front of her face, trying to get the awful smell to go away.

Ms. DH: Uggg, Excuse me while I open a window.

While she is opening the window, Toad hops onto a chair.

Ms. DH: Ahh. There. So, Toad, shall we have a talk about your new friend, Scott Summers?

Toad: What about him? He's cool. If it weren't for him those jocks would have stomped my skull flat.

Ms. DH: Hmmm, yes. As you have noticed, Scott has special powers. There are other like him. We need to know more. Much more.

Toad: Uh, well, I don't know...

Ms. DH: SILENCE! You'll do as you're told!

She grips his shoulder and her hand turns into blue claws. She changes into the sharp-toothed monster. Back at The mansion, in Kurt's new room.

Kurt: Wow. This bedroom... is mine?

It's a huge room with bed, stereo, mirror, chairs, desk, all the things you would expect in a bedroom at an expensive boarding school. Kurt is still wearing his robe, with the hood down.

Prof X: Of course, Kurt. That's why your parents sent you here. Because they knew you would be happy.

Kurt: Happy?

He walks toward Prof X, looks into the mirror.

Kurt: How can I be happy when I look like this? I scare people.

Storm puts a small box on the bed.

Prof X: Mm, I have a surprise for you, Kurt.

He hands him a watch.

Prof. X: Put this on.

Kurt puts on the watch/image inducer and his appearance changes to the human appearance.

Kurt: I don't believe it!

Kurt looks into the mirror, checks behind, for his tail, then flexes his fingers.

Kurt: I... I'm normal!

Storm: Of course you're normal, Kurt. But not because of that machine.

Prof X: Storm is right, Kurt. Normal is what you truly are. Never think otherwise. This is just a disguise, so you will not be persecuted by those who do not understand your gifts.

Kurt: I understand, Professor. But nonetheless, you RULE!

Storm and Prof X leave. Kurt looks into the box Storm put on his bed and finds his X-Men uniform. Back in Bayville High, at Scott's locker. Students are moving around the halls, talking to friends, getting stuff from their lockers, and going to lunch, Scott stops at his locker.

Paul: You coming?

Scott: Just grabbing my lunch. Save me a seat!

He gets his lunch, closes his locker.

Toad: Hey, Summers.

Toad does a little spin then backflips up onto Scott's locker.

Toad: What's up?

Scott looks around; the hallway is deserted.

Scott: That's quite a jump.

Toad: Like it? I'm surprised you could see it through them smokies of yours. Here, let me help.

Toad spits out his long, slimy tongue and grabs Scott's glasses.

Scott: Hey!

He covers eyes with his arms, dropping his lunch.

Toad: Whatsamatta, Summers? Afraid to, heh heh, open your eyes?

Scott: Obviously, we both know what will happen if I do. Now give me back my shades before I go nuclear on you.

Toad: You got it!

Toad throws the glasses into the air, catches them with his tongue and smacks them into Scott's outstretched hand.

Scott: Ugg!

Toad: So you and me, we got somethin' in common.

Scott: Yeah.nNow we're slimy.

Toad: Nope... I mean we ain't like other people.

Scott: And your point is...

Toad leaps so he's hanging onto the locker next to Scott.

Toad: I just wanna talk. Get to know each other better. You know, maybe

He-snatches Scott's lunch from the floor and eats it, bag and all.

Toad: do lunch.

Scott: I'll think about it.

Toad: Yeah, you think about it. Me, I got better things to do.

He backflips out an open window. We see Prof X is in his study reading a book. Red lights start flashing and the wall opens up to show Cerebro, a big pile of technology with various buttons and keypads and monitors. He look at one of the screens which has a map of the high school. There is a blinking red light, indicating a mutant.

Prof X: Hm. So, out in the open.

His phone rings. Prof X presses a button on his chair.

Prof X: Hello, Scott.

Scott: Man, Professor, you know it always weirds me out when you do that.

Prof X: Sorry, Scott. What are you calling about?

Scott: This guy at school... well, he's kinda like us.

Prof X: Hmm, yes. Todd Tolenksy.

Prof X presses a button and a little compartment opens. He takes out the headset and puts it on.

Scott: You know him?

Prof X: Cerebro just picked up a reading on him. He must be using his powers openly now.

Scott: Well, he's not the kind of guy I'd really like to share a room with. To put it bluntly, he has the personal hygiene of a dead pig.

Prof X: We cannot turn our backs on anyone, Scott. You know that.

Scott: Yeah. I know. Bye.

Kurt walks in, wearing his uniform.

Kurt: What's that thing, Professor?

Prof X: That "thing" is Cerebro. It detects the manifestation of special powers, which is how I found you.

Kurt: So this guy is one of us?

Prof X: That remains to be seen. Storm?

Storm is in her room, watering her plants with a miniature storm cloud.

Storm: Yes, Professor?

Prof X: There is someone I'd like you to audition for me.

At the mansion during the evening Storm throws open the glass doors on her balcony. She has changed into her uniform. She soars into the air.
Toad hops up to the fence surrounding the mansion grounds. He grips the bars and looks up.

Toad: Heh. Cake.

He jumps over the fence and bounds toward the mansion. He stops to look up at the developing storm and sees Storm flying through a break in the trees and the clouds gathering after her. It starts to rain. Toad makes a face.

Toad: Whoa. Now that is just freaky.

Storm starts to fire lightning bolts at Toad.

Toad: eeeeek!

She fires, he jumps, fire, jump, fire, jump.Inside the mansion Kurt is wandering around. He looks up at the sound of thunder then continues down the huge staircase to the entrance. He gets to the bottom and approaches the door. The doors slams open and Kurt has to brace himself against the force of the wind.

Toad: eeeekkkk!

Toad comes flying through the open door and hits Kurt. They roll across the floor until Kurt manages to fling him off. They come up facing each other and pace in a circle.

Toad: Whoa! What are you? Some kind of ratty plush toy?

Kurt: (sniffing) Ugg, the name's Nightcrawler. And at least I don't reek like unwashed lederhosen.

Toad: You blue-furred freak!

Toad leaps for Kurt who 'ports away. Toad makes a face at the smoke and tries to wave it away.

Kurt: As you say in America, Neener, neener, neener!

Toad: That ain't gonna help you, boy!

Toad leaps up to the light. Kurt jumps off just before he reaches it, and lands on the wall.

Kurt: You're so slow!

Toad: grrrr...

Kurt: You couldn't catch flies on a windshield!
They go down a hallway, clinging to the walls, hopping from one side to the other.

Storm flies in through the still open door. Prof X comes down a hall.

Prof X: Tolensky is indeed gifted. He could be one of us.

Storm: Sometimes, Professor, I feel your good heart blinds even you from the truth.

Kurt and Toad come down a different hallway, knocking things over.

Kurt: Over here! No, over here! Over here!

Toad: I'm going to rip out your pointy tail you fuzzy gecko!

They are back at the big staircase. Or another big staircase.

Toad: Monkey boy! Come here!

Toad tries to get Kurt with his tongue. Kurt jumps away and Toad hits a window.

Kurt: Ha!

Prof X: This test is over. Todd Tolensky does indeed have the X gene. He may stay here if he so desires.

Toad: The only thing I Desire is blue boy's fuzzy head!

Kurt is on another of those giant lamps and Toad leaps for him, catching Kurt's arm with his tongue before Kurt can jump away. They struggle on the light for a moment then fall off. Kurt 'ports before they hit the ground, to the surprise of Storm and Prof X. They reappear in midair in the Danger Room.

Kurt: Woah, where are we?

Toad: You're asking me, foo? You're the one who brought us here.

Kurt: I think I am going to regret it!

Kurt points at some giant weapons which are coming out of the walls to aim at them. They bounce around, avoiding the blasts.

Toad: eeeekkk!

Cut to Scott and Jean who are getting into their uniforms.

Prof X: Scott, Jean! Nightcrawler and Toad have teleported into the Danger Room.

Scott: Oh man, the Danger Room has automated defenses!

Jean: It'll attack them with everything it's got!

Prof X: Hurry!

Kurt and Toad are jumping around, trying to avoid the machines. Jean and Scott run in.

Scott: I'll take care of the cannons. You keep them away from the tentacles.

Jean: On it!

Jean lifts Kurt up just before he's hit.

Kurt: You are an angel!

Jean: *laughs* On occasion. How about you, are you a demon?

Toad is being squished between metal panels. Scott blasts him out.

Scott: Tolensky, over here!

Prof X and Storm finally reach the control room.

Prof X: Automatic override. Voice print- Charles Xavier.

Computer: Confirmed. Shut down in 5 seconds.

Kurt: Now I get it! It's a training area. Watch.

He teleports to a cannon.

Kurt: I just pull the plug and... woooooahhhw!

The cannon shakes Kurt off and begins firing in all directions. One blast hits Scott and Toad and slams them into a wall. Storm hits it with a lightning bolt. Everything else turns off.

Toad: Man, I've seen enough. I am out of here!

Scott: Tolensky! I'm sorry, Professor. I couldn't stop him.

Prof X: That's all right, Scott. He wasn't ready to be one of us.

Kurt: I blew it, too, Professor. I'm sorry. You've been wonderful but I guess I just don't belong here.

He teleports away.

Prof X: Nightcrawler, wait!

Scott: No sweat, Professor. I'll handle this.

Outside the mansion Toad jumps out a window and lands on an outdoor table. It breaks and he tumbles up to Jacob, who just got back.

Jacob: Going somewhere, bub?

In fear Toad spits green slime in Jacob's eyes making him scream. Logan then runs in.

Logan: Kid why are you shouting?

Jacob: I'm shouting because this f*cked-up mutant motherf*cker with his tongue hanging out of his mouth spit a bunch of green snot at me!

Logan: Not a bad reason. So where ya going?

Toad puts up his fists like he's going to fight and Jacob and Logan pops their claws.

Jacob: You're gonna regret sliming me!

Toad cringes.

Prof X: Logan, Jacob NO! Let him go.

Toad: Heh heh....

Logan: Hmmm...

Both Howletts retracts their claws and steps aside. Toad hops away, mumbling to himself.

Logan: *sniffs* We came back because I thought I smelled trouble.

Jacob: *sniffs* Of course, it could have just been stink boy over there.

Prof X: I'm afraid not. Welcome home, old friends.

Jacob and Logan smiles. Cut to Kurt appears in the hanger.

Kurt: Vas ist das?

Scott: The SR-77 Blackbird. Twice as fast as the SR-74 and with four times the firepower.

Kurt: Sehr gut. Is it yours? Please tell me you get to fly it.

Scott: It's ours. And if you stick around a while, I'll show you how to pilot this bad boy. So what do you say? Want to be a member of our team?

Kurt: Me? I almost got you killed a few moments ago.

Scott: Yeah... don't do that again. But look, we all make mistakes sometimes. I know I do. That's why we're here. To learn not to make mistakes like that.

Kurt: And you don't mind... the way I look?

Scott: *laughs* Dude, just don't hassle me about my shades and we'll be fine.

Kurt: We have a deal then.

Scott: Come on. I'll show you where they hide the sodas.

Cut to Ms. Darkholme's office and Ms. Darkholme is very mad.

Ms. DH: I don't believe it! You were actually inside and you RAN AWAY!

Toad: So I freaked.

Ms. DH: And no doubt, the good professor wiped your mind so you don't remember ANYTHING!

Toad shakes his head.

Ms. DH: GET OUT!

Toad leaps out, knocking over his chair. Ms. DH slams the door.

Ms. DH: AAAARRGH! RRAAARGH!!

She then shifts into Mystique, her natural self. Mystique goes to pick up the chair. Some metal things on her desk start moving around. Magneto is there but we only see a vague outline of him.

Magneto: Don't be so hard on the boy, Mystique. We don't want to thin our ranks now do we?

Mystique: No, sir. I'll be more careful.

Magneto: See that you are.

Paper clips fly into Mystique's face.

Mystique: ahhh!

Magneto: Remember, this is only the beginning.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

=============================================================
Go time🕺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113 0 29
Four friends gather together to stop an evil force, one that is powerful enough to kill thousands. Will these friends be able to succeed or will they...
4.7K 53 10
A young mutant from Sweden is discovered to have massive powers. Powers that unfortanly attracts the attention of some dangerous people. Not followi...
659 382 18
Alicia and Aurora's lives were difficult, and then everything changed. They discovered their hidden identities and found their better halves! (There...
4.5K 116 17
A hero sent from another world to try and help the X-Men and stop anything that gets in his way of his search