As The Rain Stops (Slow updat...

By bubbillette

"Two exes, a child, and their not-so-typical family love story." | Tales Of Teyvat #1 || Wriothesley x Neuvil... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Neuvillette Day!
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen

Special Chapter

979 26 29
By bubbillette

ATRS had reached 1K reads!

Thank you for reading and supporting this book!

And because you guys mean a lot to me, this special chapter will be dedicated to all of you who read this book.

(p.s. My apologies for the short update because I am busy with my thesis😞... If ever you encounter some grammatical and typographical errors, please don't mind it, I might  fix these errors if I have time :))))

Enjoy!
Have a nice day, afternoon, or evening!

Maanne loves you💛

*****

College... It was never in Neuvillette's plan to find another companion at this stage of his life. Because for him, nothing is more important than studying the law of Fontaine.

He was once content to eat alone. To study alone. To watch Sunday movies alone. That's how plain his life is.

After all, everything other than studying wasn't included in his plan.

But then there comes Navia, whom he never thought he would be friends with. If it weren't for her talkative self, maybe Neuvillette's life would be as quiet as it was.

And finally, his man, Wriothesley, comes next. The man he never thought he would love more than his life

This man truly changed his life drastically. Because of him, Neuvillette learned how to smile, have fun, and, most especially, how to love and feel the love he deserves.

These people weren't included in his plan. Yet he manages to give them some space in his life.

And in a snap of a finger, Wriothesley became part of his life. He became his other half.

"Neuvy!"

Neuvillette was currently reading a book when he heard someone call him.

He softly smiled as he saw who it was. "Hi, Navia," he greeted.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have classes?" She asked, then she sat beside Neuvillette.

"It's my vacant, actually. How about you?" He asked back.

"My class ended a few minutes ago," she answered.

Neuvillette nods. "That's good. Are you planning to go home?"

"Supposedly yes, but there's this friend of mine who needs my help with something, so I can't go home just yet," she answered with a grin.

"Oh, you too? That's weird," he said.

"Why is it weird?"

"Well, that's what Wriothesley told me earlier. Those exact words, actually," he said, making Navia's breath hitch. "Could it be that you two are up to something?" he asked.

"Huh? No! Of course not! What made you think of that?" She quickly reacted.

"Mm seems suspicious. Am I missing something?" he said.

"Psh! Nothing's suspicious, Neuvy. You're just imagining things. Wriothesley and I aren't doing anything, believe me!"

Neuvillette stared at his friend before sighing. "I'm sorry for the accusations; it's just that Wriothesley was acting weird these past few days. Although he's still doing the same thing he does every day, I feel like he's hiding something from me," he said as he looked down at the ring in his finger.

It was a promise ring that Wriothesley gave him while they were having a Sunday night movie date. It's quite unexpected and not-so-romantic, but that night was one of the most memorable nights he can never forget.

A pledge of long-lasting love...

"Oh, Neuvy, you should trust Wriothesley. You've been together for so long, and I can see that he's loyal to you and that he loves you dearly," Navia said.

Neuvillette nodded. "I just can't help but overthink, yet you're right, I should put my trust in Wriothesley," he said, which made Navia smile.

After they talk to each other, Navia goes ahead while Neuvillette stays to read books again while waiting for his class time.

In the afternoon, Neuvillette just got off from his last class. He was about to head to the library when someone suddenly pulled his waist and cornered him against the wall.

"Who are y-Wriothesley?" Neuvillette exclaimed with wide eyes.

Wriothesley has a big grin plastered on his lips as he stares at Neuvillette. "Did I scare you?"

Neuvillette's expression relaxed as he smiled, "Yes, a little." He answered,

Wriothesley chuckled as he hugged the latter's waist and pulled him closer. He buries his face into Neuvillette's neck, inhaling the sweet and warm scent of the latter.

"Where are you heading?" Wriothesley asked.

"Library. I was going to return the books I borrowed yesterday," Neuvillette answered as he caressed Wriothesley's hair.

"Then after that, do you have any other plans?" Wriothesley asked.

"None, unless you ask for a date, then that was considered a plan," Neuvillette said, making Wriothesley's head rise up like an excited puppy.

"Really?" He asked.

"Hmm~" Neuvillette hummed upon nodding.

"Then let's date!" He excitedly said as he started to drag Neuvillette.

"Wait, Wriothesley, the books!"

"Forget the books! We still have our date waiting!" Wriothesley said.

Neuvillette shakes his head as he chuckles because of his boyfriend's silliness.

Well, maybe all you have to do is trust him wholeheartedly.

*****

"For real, Wriothesley, where are we going?" Neuvillette asked as Wriothesley kept on dragging him out of nowhere.

"I have seen a perfect spot for our date so be patient, honey pie." Seeing Neuvillette roll his eyes makes Wriothesley giggle.

He really loves to tease Neuvillette, as he loves to see his cute, annoyed face.

"Stop calling me that; it's too sugary," he complains.

"Oh, sure thing, baby cakes," Wriothesley teased again.

"Wriothesley!"

"Pfft~ Okay, fine, sorry!"

Neuvillette shook his head. Above all the traits Wriothesley has, this is his least favorite. But this is also the reason why he keeps on loving him more.

After a series of talks, walks, and teasing, they have finally reached their destination.

Neuvillette's eyes widen as he sees a picnic basket and a picnic blanket scattered neatly on the grass. It was near the cliff and had the perfect time and place to watch the sunset.

"Did you prepare this?" Neuvillette asked as his eyes were still settled on the view in front of them.

Wriothesley scratched his nape. "Well yes, but with a little help from Navia and Clorinde," he said.

"So you're this friend whom Navia was talking about," Neuvillette said, making Wriothesley chuckle.

"Yup. Actually, this was her idea. I just hope you like this, although it was kind of simple," Wriothesley said.

"Simple yet romantic," Neuvillette whispered under her breath.

Wriothesley confusedly looked at Neuvillette as he tried to understand what the latter whispered but failed. "What is that? Oh!"

"I love it! Thank you, my love," Neuvillette said as he hugged Wriothesley.

Wriothesley was a bit startled, but he immediately smiled and hugged Neuvillette back.

"Anything for you, my love," he said.

That day was one of the happiest days of their lives. It was like nothing could stop them. Nothing can dare ruin them...

But little did they know that there was someone who was just waiting for the right time to ruin the relationship they had.

*****

-wriollette-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 255 21
In which a girl that used to be childhood best friends with Wriothesley goes missing, only to be found with her abusive husband. ❗️DISCLAIMER THIS BO...
35.4K 1.6K 11
𝗡𝗘𝗨𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘 𝗫 𝗙𝗘𝗠. 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗥 ━━━ can you be our mom? ( tokimihyachi / 10.01.23 )
59.9K 2.3K 24
❝ 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗶 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝗴𝗼 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀? ❞ ⎯ wriothesley x f!reader ⎯ college au , chat fic / text fic , exes to lovers
320K 6.8K 42
"Make me believe that fairy tales can happen in the hood.." -Ann Marie Started October 2022. Ended July 2023.