Cyberpunk:The Lone Wolf

Oleh Cheetahniel

This story is about a guy who became a edgerunner. watch him as he proceeds to become the most famous edgerun... Lebih Banyak

A beginning of something new
A protection Job part 1
A protection Job part 2
A Date
A Job with the Nomads
Project 777
The Big One.
A Mansion Job
Arasaka Convoy
Fly me to the moon
Personal Vendetta
Relationship is hard
Ambushed
Hot Springs
Perfect Murder
I can fix her
You wanna know how I got that scar?
Childhood memories
Best. Night. Ever.
Confessions
The Italian job
Resolving Negotiations.
Cammora sends his regards

A pleasant surprise.

40 1 0
Oleh Cheetahniel

As Ronin gets his team ready he suddenly gets an urgent call from Rogue.
Rogue: Get over here! I'm trapped and barely holding myself. I've been ambushed! Come here as quick as you can!
Ronin: Sure thing, we'll be there in five minutes

Ronin hangs up the phone, after which he turns to his team

Sarah, Lucy, you're going with me. Alt, you stay with Victor and keep the house safe. Everything clear? - Ronin says, expecting an answer.

Sarah and Lucy give a short nod before heading off with Ronin. Victor and Alt are left at the house to keep watch over it as requested.

Ronin and his team of two now get ready to go to Rogue's location. They head over to their car, Sarah and Lucy getting in the back and Ronin driving. Rogue's location isn't too far, but it's not going to be an easy job either.

As they arrive at her place, they notice tigerclaws shooting around like a bunch of maniacs. They then regroup with Rogue and plan out how to get out of this situation alive and well.

Rogue sneaks up on one of the Tyger Claws and quickly dispatches them before anyone notices. In the chaos, the other Tyger Claws have not noticed Rogue either.

Sarah, in the meantime, has already started firing at the Tyger Claws, taking cover behind a wall. Lucy is also covering in her own way.

Rogue looks at Ronin and gives a simple signal to engage and help in the battle.

Well, I guess it's my turn now - Ronin says as he puts on his earphones playing time in a bottle by Jim Croce. He then activates his sandevistan slowing time so much, that it seems like he completely stopped it. He takes out his red bladed katana and starts to slice the  tigerclaws one by one.

The TigerClaws are still caught off guard, but they don't have this kind of cyberware to fight back against their own. They're easily dispatched of.

After finishing off the last Tiger Claw, Ronin returns to normal time speed and looks around him. Most of the area has been cleared of Tiger Claws. Rogue smiles and gives you a thumbs up. Sarah and Lucy have also taken down a few Tyger Claws themselves.

Well, that was quite impressive. - Sarah says to Ronin. Thanks - he replied. But we're not quite done yet. - he adds while looting the bodies. He looks for a while and he picks up a note from one of them that says: " I don't care how or when you'll take her out. But it must be done ASAP. That bitch has crossed my ways way too many time. The reward will be wort your time." Unfortunately for Ronin he couldn't see who wrote it, because a piece of the note was covered in blood. Huh. Doesn't seem like it was someone from the Tiger claws. - Ronin says. It ain't Voodoo boys either - Sarah adds. It must've been someone from the outside. But who? - Sarah says wondering. - I don't know, but first, we must know why the TigerClaws would attack Rogue in the first place. - Ronin says as he hides the note in his jacket and walks up to Rogue with Sarah.

Ronin and Sarah approach Rogue. The two of them begin to discuss the possible motives behind the Tiger Claws attacking Rogue.

Hey Ronin, that note you found, could you show it to me? - Rogue asks as she looks at Ronin whilst pouring everyone a glass of red wine. Sure. We didn't conclude anything on it, so maybe you'd be able to help... - Ronin says handing her the note.

She looks at the note, after which she smiles saying: Ha! I guess you still haven't got enough after I had beat you back in 2072. Well, you failed. - Who failed? What are you talking about? - Ronin says confused. Mickey "Break" Bredski.  

Rogue sips some wine. Anyway... Where was I? Oh... I fought him in the bet we made back then. Basically, whoever cashed more and had better efficiency would win. Of course, I crushed him in that competition back in 2072. But he couldn't admit defeat. I always ignored him. At least until today. Look, I want you to end it once and for all for me. This has been taken way too far, and we need to solve it. You could say it's my personal Vendetta. Do this, and I'll owe ya one.

Ronin looks over the note for a few seconds. "Alright. I'll do it. I'll take care of him for you."

Ronin's mind races. Mickey "Break" Bredski is a notorious merc. He's not known for accepting contracts and working for others. There's only one thing on his mind. Money. As long as the money is good and he's not betrayed, he's reliable. Rogue must know this and she's willing to take her chances with the merc.

Take your crew and we'll hit him tomorrow. Trust me, this will be worth your time. As for now, you can either stay a while in the afterlife or go back to your place. I'll call you when everything will be ready. - Rogue says whilst sipping another glass of wine.

Ronin looks at Rogue for a few seconds before finishing the last of his own glass of wine.

Alright, that sounds good. For now, I'll be heading back. Let me know when everything is ready. - Ronin then  leaves and heads back to his place with Sarah and Lucy behind him. They arrive at his apartment and Ronin takes a quick shower and a nap while Sarah and Lucy make themselves at home.

A few hours later, his phone rings. Rogue is on the line. She tells Ronin that everything is ready for the  hit  tomorrow.

Alright then. See ya tomorrow - Ronin says after which he hangs up. He then gets surprised by Sarah wearing a red dress with occasional black accents. He asks her what occasion it is. She just replies that she wants to enjoy him all night. He politely agrees, after which they made love till midnight.

In the morning, Sarah was the first one to wake up. As she does her daily routine she checks out a pregnancy test out of curiosity. It is positive. Holy shit. What am I gonna do now? I don't know if I'm ready to be a mom. And how the hell will I tell it to Ronin? He would be shocked by it... Maybe even rejecting me. - she thinks. Okay Sarah, you'll figure it out. For now, finish your daily routine and go get some breakfast. Well think about it later. - she says to herself to cheer her thoughts and ego.

Sarah walks over to the kitchen and starts prepping some breakfast for herself. She makes some eggs and bacon with a glass of orange juice on the side. As Sarah eats her food, she can't help but think about her sudden pregnancy and what it would mean for her, Ronin, and their mission. A few minutes later, Ronin gets up and leaves the bedroom to get some food himself. Sarah notices this and tries to make a plan to break the news to her significant other.

As Ronin sits beside her on the couch, she suddenly says as they both watch TV: Hey Ronin, Remember how we've said that we would be great parents if we ever had kids? - She asks him to check if he'll figure it out.

Ronin smiles and nods. -
Yeah, I do.

He then takes a second to look at Sarah before asking, Why? Do you have something to tell me?

Well, when you were still asleep in the morning, I decided to check it just out of curiosity... -  She says as she awaits his reaction.

I... Sarah takes a deep breath. Guess I am - she says while looking at Ronin with an awkward smile.

Ronin's hands shake as he realizes what he just heard. He looks down at his shoes for a moment, trying to think and wrap his head around the possible ramifications of this news.

Eventually, he looks up and faces Sarah. A few seconds pass before he finally speaks: And... what are you gonna do... about it?

I... dunno to be honest. It's still shocking to me. - she says.

Ronin sighs deeply. He places a hand on Sarah's shoulder to comfort her. - I understand.

Ronin then looks at Sarah with a serious expression, as if contemplating something important. After a few moments, he speaks once more.

I want to be a dad. But... not yet. It's just that we're on a mission and... I guess I just don't know how things would go between us.

A heavy silence falls between the couple. They both have a lot on their minds.

Ronin then walks up to the window and looks at it while drinking his morning tea. Felix. Felix jr. for a boy and Victoria for a girl. - he says. Sarah is confused for a while but then she switches to shock and surprise. Felix jr? - she says... Does that mean... Your name is Felix? - she asks. Yup. - Felix Syn to be exact. I have used the Ronin nickname ever since I was a teenager. I never knew my parents and I were raised by ninjas who were  descendants of the two ninjas that fled here after Hiroshima got nukes. They taught me everything. That was until my father was murdered  when I was 15 and my mother died of brain cancer when I was 17. That's when I got myself that nickname. And I've been using it ever since. But remember Sarah, this is a secret between us and no one else, got it?

Sarah nods slowly, surprised by Ronin's story. As she processes all the information, she takes a sip of her own orange juice.

That's quite a backstory - she says with a slight chuckle. I'm sorry that you had to go through so much.

Sarah then looks Ronin in the eyes and says: I'll keep the name a total secret, don't worry.

After a few seconds, Sarah goes back to her morning routine. She finishes her breakfast and heads to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face.

After a while, Both Lucy and Alt come downstairs to make their breakfast. Lucy looks at Ronin asking him: Hey Ronin, is everything ok? You look a bit pale. No... I'm feeling good. It's just... Do you girls think you would be good godmother's or aunts? - he asks them,leaving them both in confusion.

Alt looks at Ronin for a few seconds, trying to comprehend his question. She then looks at Sarah and Lucy with a puzzled expression. - Are you trying to tell us you're going to be a father? Congratulations! - Alt smiles and gives Ronin a light hug.

Lucy also looks at Ronin with a confused expression. Wait... what? You're gonna be a dad?

Lucy glances over at Sarah, who smiles and says that she can feel the baby kicking.

Alt nods her head and smiles. I can't wait to become a godmother!

Ronin smiles as he says: thanks Alt. He then adds - What about you Lucy? Are you proud to be a future aunt?

Lucy gives a smile back and nods. - Hell yeah! I can't wait to be an aunt!

Lucy and Alt both get excited at the news. The news that a member of their crew is going to become a parent has made them joyfully happy.

So... what does this mean for our mission? - Alt asks. Will, you have to leave to be there for Sarah? Or are you gonna stay with us?

Well... Theoretically flexibility isn't recommended when your pregnant. But I can still go on a different kind of missions for another 3-4 months - Sarah replies.

Alt nods her head. - Well, that sounds good. But please, be careful.

The whole crew is a bit worried for Sarah's health and the well-being of the baby.

So, what's this kid gonna be called? - Lucy asks Ronin.

Ronin thinks for a moment and says: I suppose we could call him Felix, after me.

All of the crew members chuckle. - Very funny, Ronin. Alt says, giggling. Let's think of a name that you haven't already used.

See? Told ya they wouldn't believe it - Ronin whispers to Sarah quietly. Yeah, I guess you were right - she replies with a smile. Anyway, we have some time to kill before our job, so how about we watch a movie?

The crew all nods and smiles. Sure, that'd be great. - Alt says with a smile.

Alt puts on some popcorn and the crew decides on a movie to watch. Alt and Lucy both decide on a classic romantic movie. Sarah and Ronin decide on an action movie. After a few minutes, the crew is comfortably cuddled up in the couch and watching the two different movies.

This is nice. Ronin says with a smile. This is a nice moment.

Indeed. - The crew members say as they chip in the snacks.

The crew watches the two movies together, having a good time and enjoying the company of each other.

Sarah watches the romantic movie, still adjusting to the news of her pregnancy. She turns to Ronin and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks for accepting me today. I was a bit afraid you'd reject me.

Ronin smiles back and wraps his arm around her shoulder. I won't let anyone hurt you Sarah. Nor will I reject you. You're like a big sister to me. I could never reject you.

Thanks, Ronin, that really means a lot to me - Sarah says while looking at him with her ocean eyes.

The movie ends and the credits roll. The crew had a nice time, eating snacks and watching movies together. The movie credits reach their end as Sarah is adjusting to the big news she has to learn to live with: a baby.

As Alt, Lucy, Sarah, and Ronin sit on the couch and snuggle to each other, the future they share as a crew feels promising and hopeful.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

737 21 1
This is just a one-shot on the Anime: Cyberpunk Edgerunners. I do not own any characters in the anime or the plot. This will only contain one chapter...
38.7K 1.2K 54
Legendary Status, Its what every merc, solo, fixer and Netrunner wanna hit. Few get close enough to Jump to it. Even fewer actually do. Then there's...
103K 3.7K 14
Trying to survive in a place like Night City, a city obsessed with technology and body modifications can be next to impossible for some people, so th...
884 19 12
2077. While Earth is thriving in its new Space Age, the corporations keep Night City in a state of a degradation. A grim idol of the old world of unr...