Forever Yours Truly | Blade x...

By CheChiMulay

After non-stop recruiting new bodyguards every now and then, your father eventually got fed up and decided to... More

A Foreign Encounter
A Smile On Those Soft Lips
Royalty
An Invitation
An Old Friend
A Quick Glance
Change of Plans
A Crack Slithering Within
Portrait on the Wall
Standing Next to You
Unknown Future
Unexpected Circumstances
Dismissal
Authors Notes

Interrogation

228 8 2
By CheChiMulay

 Silence was the only thing that filled up your bedroom as you looked around the room. There was nothing foreign about it, just the same architecture that stretched across your walls and ceilings; a comforting luxury further complimented by your furniture made from the most exquisite fabrics and patterns. Sitting back up at the edge of the bed, you slowly glance over to look at your window and allow the morning rays of sunlight to greet your sleepy face. Interestingly, the balcony door did not welcome even the slightest hint of a breeze to dishonour your room. You rub your throat in an attempt to soothe the odd dryness in the air.

"The protection spell must have been gone by now," you thought to yourself, as you swung the door open. To your surprise, however, Blade was not there waiting by your doorway. Perhaps you woke up a bit too early this time.

Notably, the sounds of a cart piqued your attention. Its wheels glided through the hallways in echoed sync with your servant's footsteps. As expected, she has come to deliver your current meal of the day; as expected, your servant greeted you with a smile.

"Excuse me," you gestured towards your servant, before thanking their efforts in delivering your food. "But are you aware, or perhaps know of, Blade's whereabouts for today? Usually, he would be here by now before you give me my meal: I assume that you had seen him last night or this morning."

Your servant shook her head as she entered your bedroom, placing the tray of food onto your desk. "I deeply apologise, mistress. I have not seen him at all. But I have heard from someone else that he appeared to be in a rather fatigued state of condition this morning, peculiarly so from how he normally composes himself this morning. If you are feeling curious, you may as well proceed to his room from the second floor underneath your room once you finish your first meal of the day."

"I see..." Youooked around before turning to your servant, who awaited the next command from you. "Very well, I will head to his room once I'm done with my breakfast."

"As you wish mistress," she bowed before regaining her composure. "Before I dismiss myself, mistress, I have privately received news from the famous Miss Tingyun herself that she has initiated her visit to be scheduled for today"

"Today? Would it not be more customary for her to inform me of her visit a few days prior, rather than announcing it to me on the same day?"

"I apologise for not telling you sooner, mistress, but it was through the usage of advanced technology that she provided me with such a message in secret. However, if this is appropriate, if I may ask, why do you look a bit slightly distraught, mistress?"

Your eyes blinked a few times before focusing your concentration on your servant, who seemed eager to know your thoughts. Steadily, your mind became clearer as you gathered your thoughts from the letter last night till now. That sly woman was indeed correct, you cannot refuse her proposal to meet you in person properly.

"It's nothing," You nodded, gesturing your hand to excuse her. "You may dismiss yourself now."

"As you wish, mistress."

----------------------------------------------------

Walking through the hallways of the mansion, you began to wonder to yourself about Miss Tingyun's presence. Had she been so impatient to eagerly present herself in such an urgent manner, just to have a conversation with you and leave immediately? You were fully aware these conversations were meant for the business meetings as discussed through the letters. However, only a few of these letters could have sparked cause for an in person meeting. Indeed, it seems like your encounter from the village has facilitated this urgency.

Your footsteps finally came to a halt before reaching Blade's door. There was no doubt that you had to inform him of your concerns in regards to Miss Tingyun's suspicious character. Considering his background and relations with Jing Yuan, he had to be able to reveal some truth behind her. Perhaps, it could also potentially be related to that mysterious person you noticed from yesterday.

Pushing the door open, leaving a loud creaking sound that alerted your ears, your gaze met Blade's. His skin, which was normally kept fair and clean, had been tainted with a few scratches. In addition, the dull expression on his eyes now appeared to be reduced to exhaustion, most likely from the events that transpired last night just like how your servant described. Likewise, his coat lay rested on the desk, and your eyes followed a trail of used bandages seemingly covered in dirt, sweat and blood. Taking note of Blade's physical state, you noticed how he was only covering up the fresh wounds on his arms. The bandages on his torso have already been completed, and the tightened bonds accentuated the muscles on his body. But despite his healthy physique, you noticed how scarred his body was. While some were small and hardly noticeable, others were large and deep. Those must have been from the Mara War. Blade barely gave you a moment's glance nor a single reaction as he continued to bandage himself.

"What are you doing here?" Blade asked, before turning his brief attention away.

"I do apologise for entering without knocking but I was informed that your current state is just resting in this room."

"Would there be a need to do so, mistress? I will be going back on duty to guard your room right after."

"Is it an offence to you that I am curious about your well-being from last night? Notably, how could I not take a glimpse of all the used bandages on the floor without asking questions?"

"Like I said, it is none of your business of what happened last night," Blade scoffed. "It seems like my protection spell had been removed earlier than I expected. I could barely detect it off of you."

"So what happened while you were off?" You asked, before taking a few steps forward, shutting the door as your feet avoided the trail of bandages that were scattered across the floor. "Would you care to explain yourself on why you're in this current state? The servant informed me that you looked slightly fatigued, not someone who came home from a battle. So explain yourself to me, please, were you defeated by that swordswoman I saw the other day?"

"I prefer that you will not know my reasons in regards of it is personal or not,"

"Fine, in that case, I will call up a servant to bring in some aid for you." You scoffed due to his stubbornness before turning around to walk towards the exit of his room.

"Don't." Your bodyguard said in a firm tone, grabbing your arm to return your attention to him. "There is no need for you to have such trivial concerns towards me."

Turning around, your gaze met his. He looked tense, but there was no hint of apprehension in it. His firm grip on your wrist refused to release you.

"Why are you keeping me from getting some aid for you? Is there something that is making you hesitant, despite being granted all the benefits of being my guard?"

"Not exactly," Blade sighed, loosening his grasp till your arm fell off to your side. "However, mistress, what exactly are you here for?"

"I only came here to check on your well-being. Is it not a crime to do so?"

"No, but I know that it was not the main reason for your presence being in my room here."

"Indeed, I originally came here to inform you that Miss Tingyun will be arriving today. Though, it was told to me through secrecy that she cannot wait for a few days before setting up the proper arrangement for the meeting room."

"I see." Blade nodded in response before turning his attention back to his uncompleted bandaged arm. "Perhaps her reasons were that urgent for her to arrive in this estate immediately."

"Regardless, it is Miss Tingyun we are discussing about." You stated, crossing your arms. "In that case, I would rather have her reveal her intentions whether it is from malicious intent or not. It would not be peculiar of her if it was for the General's cause. So what do you think?"

"Miss Tingyun's intentions are trivial to my concerns; what matters more is your safety under my care. You can return back to your room as I will shortly return back to my station once I am done with this." Blade replied. His surprisingly reassuring tone eased your worries a little, as your breathing shortly relaxed right after. However, though you were very well aware of his capabilities as a soldier alone, the sight of his physical state was not something that could be easily ignored.

"If that is what you wish then..." You headed towards the door, opening it slightly before looking over your shoulder. "I have some food for you to eat once you return outside of my bedroom door."

Blade looked at you in reluctance. However, he knew better not to be so hesitant to accept your generous offers before it turns into pleading or nagging him to care more for his well-being; as a result, he sighed in defeat.

"As the mistress wishes, I will."

----------------------------------------------------

Silence surrounded the meeting room as the clock continued to keep on ticking, allowing each second to fly by.You remained in your seat, sitting up straight with your shoulders back as Blade stood by the side of the meeting room. Remaining seated in front of you was your only visitor for the day in which you awaited her presence after your servants were compelled in hurrying to tidy the room. The purpose of her presence alone, meant for the secrecy of her personal intent, will finally be unveiled before you.

The visitor sipped the tea you offered.

"So this is the person I had been pen pals with?" Miss Tingyun said with a sly grin, maintaining eye contact with you. " It seems to be that my letter was, fortunately, not rejected as I am here now."

"It is indeed quite the pleasure to be able to meet with you, Miss Tingyun; especially in a private space like this. Is there any business that you wished to discuss with me? Or perhaps is there something else that piques your interest?" You asked before gesturing to Blade to allow some alone time between the two of you. Without resisting, Blade obeyed and silently stepped out of the room.

"No, no," Tingyun shook her head before taking another sip. "I am simply here just to meet you in person, nothing more, nothing less."

"A person would not just rush for a meeting in an immediate manner without any hesitancy. Now tell me," You paused, breathing in slowly as your hidden caution remained unnoticed towards her. Notably, you recognised yourself as noble but being in front of Miss Tingyun's presence, you felt your courage begin to waver, despite being in the comfort of your own home Her keen stare, those grinning eyes, it left your legs to numb itself, resulting in you being glued to your seat as a way of holding your composure. "What is your real purpose for being here?"

Miss Tingyun presented herself with a smile as a response before placing down the teacup on the table in between both of you at a safe distance; her finger slowly went to caress the edge of the cup in a deliberate manner, turning her eyes from the cup to yours at the current moment. Likewise, she pulled away to properly sit with her legs crossed with her hands now on her lap.

"Now now," she cooed, resting a hand to her side before grasping her fan and allowing her chin to rest upon it. "If I must, then I shall. However, if you believe I am here on the pretense of a business meeting, or the discussion of my letter suggesting to launch a floral business, then I'd regret to inform you that you are mistaken"

You held your breath, not removing your concentration from her eyes that could cause anybody to be lost in. Her eyes smiled towards you as if she was catching on to your act, as if you had any; however, you needed the truth. She was right in front of you, yet your chest...to not glare at her. You need more information. Remain calm. Provide her with the hospitality and sincerity of a noble. She was a guest after all.

"It is actually about your mother." Miss Tingyun's voice broke the silence between you.

"My mother? For what reason would you need to have this knowledge about my mother personally, rather than sending one of your servants to retrieve it for you? How come you requested a meeting with me so urgently for that? Perhaps, if you wished to discuss acquiring her items, then I would have to politely decline."

"No, no," she shook her head before tilting it in curiosity. "I have no interest in such trivial matters but I am interested in what you know about her."

"What do you know about my mother?" You replied, withholding back a glare. "My memories of my mother are rather more of a blur. It would not grant you any more benefits than what you expect."

"Regardless," Tingyun's voice cooed. Her hand that gently grasp the fan removed the tip off her chin before playfully pointing it towards you as her lips formed a slight curve. "Just tell me everything you know starting as a child till her death."

In that second, your heart dropped; Miss Tingyun's request for this information was much too personal. On the contrary, she could have just sent a servant to run errands to save her the time and energy to travel, yet her shamelessness in a question left you trapped in your seat. When it comes to your mother, everything was a blur, and the stories of her were only from the servants who came before you.

Awaiting a response, Miss Tingyun crossed her legs, leaning back on the sofa. You finally inhaled, yet remained cautious towards your guest.

"Before I tell you anything, for what purpose will you be using this information for, exactly?"

"Oh?" She asked in amusement.

"Tell me first, then I will answer your question."

"If that is what you wish, then I will, mistress."

Despite her eagerness to comply, it did not discard any heaviness in your chest. Rather, it remained the same. Remaining still in your seat, you began to let out a short breath before observing her body language. She was calm, and collected, perhaps finding amusing in you; undoubtedly, you could not deny why she was well known in Xianshuo Luofu when it comes to sales or managing business.

"You may find it questionable but I just want to know some information. It is actually about the Stellaron; a powerful device that is about to grant tremendous power, from creating to let alone, destroying everything in sight,"

"And how does it exactly relate to my mother?"

"That," she paused, revoking her smile before speaking to you. "That is something that you will have to find out in the future."

Her smile returned, shortly after.

"However, I will tell you this.The public does not know much butI will tell you if you are unaware. Depending on the stellaron, it can possess a power as great as the one that rivals the Abundance, or even one that compares to the Destruction.Those things contain the powers of an Aeon, as if it was its own being in which the Mara War was for. Consequently, someone from that past managed to acquire one and worsen the mara struck onto people, as if it became some disease. Though, there is a well known group that is still currently on the hunt for it, as you may already know."

"Enough. If you want to know about my mother then I apologise to disappoint you but I do not know much." You said sharply, hoping to conclude her possibly more invasive questions.

"Do you perhaps remember what she looked like? Or how she acted in the past?"

"The answers you will get will be as vague as my memories of her. Most of the information you can get are only found in documents written in the past. Knowing you, however, I assume you've already sent someone. to do it for you."

"Oh?" Miss Tingyun looked in amusement, leaning forward before pointing her fan towards you. "Indeed, I do take note that a sickness is what caused your mother's death is it not?."

"So what do you want out of that information to be exact?"

"Like I said, you will eventually find out"

It was undoubtedly that your guest was trying to elicit a reaction out of you, to gather more information when you had none. Her probing intentions began to build your anxiety before she suddenly, yet deliberately, stood up. Yet your gaze finally removed once she began walking closer to you. Moreover, her arms remained clasped behind her back, and before you could react, Miss Tingyun was now right in front of you, pointing the end of the fan at your chin, forcing you to face her wicked eyes directly now.

"Perhaps you were just an unfortunate child then. Are you even the real noble in this estate? You seem to not know much given by how much you are holding your breath back just from my presence. Was it too much? Everyone is aware that your father bought that noble status himself and now you are next in line for the wealth. If rightfully so."

"Pardon me, however, your comment against my status would be considered crude. My answers to you do not define the overall status of me as a noble."

You were aware that your incredulous opinions against her statement were unhidden but you convinced yourself to remain calm. Do not give a reaction; a proper answer with sincerity is most preferred. Yet, her aura, her comments were utterly ludicrous that you could not fathom why she wanted to taunt you. If you show weakness, she will use it, who knows what she could do. Possibly, your reputation in the future could be tarnished.

"Yet it seemed to be that the servants who served your mother were replaced. I have only seen a single portrait of her in this mansion; rather, there was more of a variety of yours. Notably, you were barely in social events, as if you were shunned by the people. In fact, should I point out that you never even had a celebration during your coming of age? You are way past your coming of age ceremony yet there was no documentary to fully acknowledge your status in this?"

"There is no need to point out the past. I am a noble myself, by blood and heart I am one. I have authority in this mansion and I am free to make connections and handle business affairs myself."

"Then why was it that you have none? How come whenever you attempt to do so, they just went to your father's instead? Were you perhaps unable to make any? So basically you just get to enjoy such luxuries without any responsibilities?" Miss Tingyun teased, pressing the fan further up your chin now.

"My father is just wishing the best for me. It is not my fault that they would rather go to him instead whenever my father finds out about it."

"Oh? Tell me more. Why should you be perceived like that instead rather than a spoiled noble who does nothing? Oh-Oh! How about-"

"Enough of this, Miss Tingyun," Your voice snapped. "I believe that this was supposed to be a business negotiation rather than-"

From that, your eyebrows began to slightly frown, as if a small sliver of cracks formed with your emotions. You already lost from there and she knew it well enough. Unfortunately, you still do not know her true intentions.

"I see, you do not know much then. My apologies but it appears that my time here is up now." That was all she said before standing up, leaving you alone inside the meeting room. However, before she left your sight, her head turned around.

"Oh and, do not believe everything you see." Those were her last words from that on.

There was nothing left from her after, not even a farewell, nor allowing you to properly provide her with necessities to provide for a guest. All that was left was a simple thank you before shutting the door closed.

You were met with silence again, the same as usual yet barely comforting due to its familiarity. Moreover, the achiness in your chest somehow went heavier. Everything you knew about your mother, why was it that her existence was needed? Why was it that essential to the point of needing a reaction from you? Although you personally did not expect much when it came to her, it made you want to scream your lungs out, frustrated. Yet, you cannot deny her, she was correct; but, it made you somehow feel useless on the fact that you are a person who cannot do anything other than enjoy such luxuries provided to you, despite your age. All you could do was enjoy, take, take again, and obey just like the good, respectable noble you are, until provided orders as such. It was everything that you knew how to do other than to just wait for the next opportunity to come. It pained you to know that you are doing nothing despite being given higher expectations.

Sighing in defeat, you stood up to leave the room, shutting the door shut as all you could do was walk and think. Your legs kept going but not purposefully as you wandered around the mansion. Blade, as expected, followed behind without a word. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238 14 19
I smile at this loving the reaction he gave me. So go back to tracing. Purposely making each of my touches softer and slower. He grabs my hand and tu...
47.6K 843 23
******* I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 14. THE WRITING IS BAD. I AM HOPING ONE DAY TO EDIT IT!!! Tessa Greens dad hires her a body guard. What could go wron...
2.5K 292 47
It wasn't what he expected when his father said about a guard. He didn't expect the secretary to be a new page in his life... And he didn't know the...
30.8K 1K 34
A third generation chaebol, Lee Yoohan, was frustrated with life and tired of succession war. He attended an underground fighting club to pent up his...