Pokémon of the Elite (REWRITE)

Od KojiEnthusiast

Pokémon. Some see them as tools other see them as friends. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka has gone to ANHS to learn abo... Více

Prologue
First Pokémon and an interesting shopping trip
First Assignment and First Capture
Battles Among Elites
Clues Amidst Captures
a Sweet Club Fair
Does Swimming and Nightmares go hand-in-hand?
I am you
Point Zero, Midterms and Summer Vacation?!
Vacation Turned Into a Tournament
From Partner to Foe
Ayanokouji vs Paul
Battle of the Elites
Immovable Object vs Unstoppable Force
Ayanokouji vs Alain (part 2)
Greatness recognizes greatness

Strategies Unveiled and The Clash of Titans

1.2K 77 47
Od KojiEnthusiast

Even if I succumbed to my biological needs (sleeping), then that won't stop my natural habits of waking up early and doing what I've always done - calisthenics, shower, breakfast and get a move on for the rest of the day.

As of yesterday, my Pokémon party consists of 3 - Honedge, Caterpie and Fletchling.

Some novice trainers would be proud of themselves for accomplishing such a task, but I was hoping to get more done, I would need to start training my Pokémon so that they'd always complete the task, no matter what.

I'll let bygones be bygones and head off to school.

Class seems livelier than ever, probably due to people being relieved of not being expelled.

One by one they'd arrive and I can tell that no one got expelled. They either defeated a Pokémon or captured one, or more.

Horikita seems to be, at first glance, entranced by the book she's reading, titled "Crime and Punishment." But I noticed earlier, that she actually was watching a Pokémon battle stream. Funnily enough, I noticed that one of the trainers who was in the battle, was the same trainer, who I saw fight on my first day on campus.

~Pokémon of the Elite~

Today's class seems to be different, we're learning about all the Pokémon types that exist. There are a total of 18 Pokémon types. (Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Bug, Poison, Electric, Ice, Steel, Psychic, Dark, Flying, Rock, Ground, Ghost, Fighting, Fairy, Dragon)

The most common Pokémon are Normal and Bug-type Pokémon. According to the teacher, they'd also be the weakest.

Exceptions always exist, so I take the teacher's words with a grain of salt.

We were also shown a graph on the white board.

I'd analyze it, and it would all make sense now, the events of yesterday. The reason why Honedge's 'Shadow Sneak' didn't work on Fletchling.

The teacher emphasized the fact that if for example, a Normal, Ghost type Pokémon is hit by a Ghost-type move, it wouldn't work, even if it's 2x as powerful against a Normal-type, its secondary typing of ghost would make it immune to Fighting-type moves.

"If some of you are wondering, then yes, if a Pokémon is dual-typing and the attack is resisted by both types, then it'll take 4x less damage, but the opposite applies as well, a Pokémon with the dual typing of Rock and Normal will take 4x the damage from the move."

Some theories of mine would be proven correct, but I can only theorize so much, with the limited experience and information I have using my Pokémon.

If possible, I want to explore around more today on the campus and gather more information, if not, I'd just go back to the Safari Zone and attempt to catch more Pokémon. As if something inconvenient could put a halt to my plans, that would be way too much of an inconvenience.

The next 2 hours would be occupied by Maths, which went by slowly, but most people didn't pay attention to it and teachers didn't seem to care as well.

Lunch would come and I haven't had the opportunity to explore the cafeteria, so I decided to finally do that.

It would seem like my plans would be put to a halt however.

"Ayanokouji-kun!"

My name was mentioned by none other than our class' angel Kushida Kikyou.

"Kushida?" I couldn't hide my surprise, I had thought that she'd forgotten my name.

"You remember my name? Thank god." exclaimed Kushida.

"I'm more impressed about you remembering my name."

"I mean after hearing about your goal, it's kind of hard to forget." said Kushida.

"I was hoping you'd come join me and my friends for lunch."

My social standing is a bit below average, however, I would prefer not to be bullied for as long as I stay here, so I don't really have much say in this, huh.

~Pokémon of the Elite~

The walk to the cafeteria wasn't long, it was 2 floors down on the ground floor. Some students, particularly male ones, were looking at me with an envious gaze, I don't quite get their sentiment. I'd happily exchange my place with anyone.

"So, Ayanokouji-kun, what were the things and hobbies you liked again?" said Kushida, seemingly breaking the ice.

I did say I had a few stuff I did like.

"I guess I'd say the things I like doing is reading and practicing calligraphy and more of a hobby is working out I guess?"

The reactions were mixed, some didn't seem to be particularly blown away, but they weren't disgusted or disappointed with my choice of hobbies, which is a good result.

The rest of the way was just some idle chat where I'd input a few words when asked or needed.

There are many meal sets, but the one that caught my attention was the free one. Naturally, I'd buy the tonkatsu set.

We'd gather at the chosen desk and start eating, but the way the seating was organized was where I would be next to Kushida, while she's seated next to Mori and across from her is Inogashira.

The seating is placed in a way where Kushida has sort of isolated me from the rest of the group and it seems like the rest of her friend group is already in on it.

"Ayanokouji-kun, there's something I have to ask you." asked Kushida.

She turned her body towards me and then said the following words:

"Are you friends with Horikita-san?"

I never thought I'd be asked about that.

In my few days at ANHS, I haven't seen Kushida with Horikita, so color me impressed, if she somehow got her name. I have my theories on that, but I need to answer the question now.

"I wouldn't say so, where'd you get that idea?"

"I haven't seen her interact with anyone other than you."

That's quite a surprising observation, I could count the amount of times I've interacted with Horikita on just one hand, Kushida's either paying attention to me or Horikita, but judging from the conversation, it's rather the latter.

"I guess you could call us acquaintances?" I answered hesitatingly.

Kushida seemed content with my answer.

"You see, I want to be friends with everyone in class and Horikita has always declined my invitations, so I was hoping..."

She decided to look me in the eye while grabbing both my hands.

"I was hoping you could help me befriend Horikita."

How powerful, she's doing the infamous: Cute + Pleading + Upturned eyes = Lethal.

However I'd need to put in a lot of effort in order to be able to accomplish getting Horikita, the person who doesn't want friends at all, to befriend Kushida.

Sadly I'd have to decline her offer.

"I'm sorry, but Horikita isn't the type of person to want friends."

"No way, I won't give up on her, if I can't befriend her, I can't befriend everyone at school!" says Kushida with fire in her eyes, figuratively, not literally.

I'd personally start befriending all the easy-picks and then go to the last boss aka Horikita, just personal advice though.

The rest of the lunch break was peaceful, just some basic conversation about current trends, however nothing about what we're learning here in ANHS aka Pokémon, which is upsetting.

The next lesson would begin, but it turns out it would be a practical one.

"Students, we'll be going to the colosseum for Pokémon battles, let's go."

We were going in pairs and unsurprisingly, I ended up going with Horikita. I can now discern Kushida's gaze a bit more easily, since I'm more cautious of her motives.

I thought I'd make some small talk of someone who's caught the eye of the angel of Class 1-D.

"So, Horikita, have you ever seen a Pokémon battle before?" I asked curiously.

Truth be told I know she has, I'd rather not go in complete silence for the next how many minutes.

"I mean, if you're going to become a Pokémon trainer, then it's impossible not to have seen one before."

I guess I'm a bit inexperienced in that part.

"Do you have a favorite Pokémon trainer, a reason for wanting to become a trainer?"

"Of course I do, it's my Nii-san, he's the greatest trainer and he'll be the Pokémon master for sure." She said with a tone of admiration.

I wonder if I'll get to duel this brother of his one day, I would definitely want that.

"I'm assuming if you're the one asking such questions, you should have a favorite too, no?"

"Surprisingly, I don't, but that could be subject to change." I said, trying to convey the point that maybe we'll see some great trainers at this colosseum.

"I see." said Horikita.

That would mark the end of the conversation, which is convenient, as we've basically arrived at the colosseum.

It's huge and like the name says, it reminds me of the colosseum in Rome, heavily inspired by it, however it's a more futuristic take on it.

The size of it is bigger though, with the reasoning for it being able to have many top tier Pokémon battles happening at the same time.

There would seem to be some sort of battle happening right now, although you can't hear any crowds, you can tell just from the subtle quakes from the battlefield itself.

"Hey sensei, how is the colosseum able to withstand some of the Pokémon's moves, which are so powerful?" asked Ike.

His curiosity and having no bounds when it comes to questions, would be beneficial, as I am also curious about it.

"The ANHS Pokémon Colosseum and all other colosseums are all built to withstand Pokémon attacks and abilities using the energy from the attacks, to power the whole of Japan, in fact, Japan's able to now sell excess energy to other countries."

This colosseum is very advanced, but I wonder how much the cost of it would be to build this, cause the amount of money able to be earned back is ludicrous.

"Right this way, Class 1-D, we've almost arrived and we're going to begin by watching an on-going battle happening right now, and after that, we'll be having battles of our own."

I was expecting some groans and what not, but it seems like my classmates would all be excited thanks to this development.

I was sharing the sentiment, but who could be the trainers dueling each-other?

We were following the teacher until we've reached the stands and we're staring right at one of the open parts of the colosseum, where you can even see the sky, even though the roof can be closed, if need be.

There doesn't seem to be many fans, which is to be expected, ANHS campus is covered by students, teachers and workers. Not many would have the free time to be able to come and watch a Pokémon battle at 1 PM.

However there is some sort of camera crew and commentator, so this might be live broadcasted to some sort of channel, how fascinating. Forgot to mention, there's also a referee, of some sort, who's officiating the battle.

But I'm more curious about the people who are battling.

On the right side I can see the spiky-red haired student from the day before yesterday and he's not battling in a 1v1, it seems to be a 2v2 battle. He's partnered up with a blue-haired female student with long hair and a ponytail.

The people they're facing are people who I'm unfamiliar with, so sadly no mysterious bespectacled student with black hair. Instead one of the students seemed to be a blonde-haired blue eyed male student, who seems to be enjoying the battle. 

Next to him, keeping a bit of distance from him, seems to be another blonde student, this time female, she has a hair clip on each side of her hair. It would also be an understatement to say she's a fan of the color black.

The left side's Pokémon seem to be quite fascinating, one reminding me of a samurai, at least from the helmet, it also has some sort of aura around it, that screams my instincts personally, to escape.

There would also be a sand-shark Pokémon next to it as well, those claws look very nimble yet deadly, reminding me of a mantis.

On the right side, I can see a dragon that, in my honest opinion, looks a bit harmless, but looks can always be deceiving.

Next to it would be sea-horse Pokémon, who look like it could possibly spit out strong beam blasts.

I can't help but be excited to see what will happen in this battle.

~Pokémon of the Elite~

Entering commentator POV

"CAN NAGUMO AND SHIRONA (CYNTHIA) FINISH THIS OFF? IT'S BEEN A HEATED BATTLE WITH BOTH TRAINERS DUOS LEFT WITH THEIR LAST POKÉMON - KINGAMBIT AND GARCHOMP. OR WILL IBUKI (CLAIR) AND WATARU (LANCE) CONTINUE THEIR DOMINANCE WITH THEIR DUO OF DRAGONITE AND KINGDRA?"

Wataru would lock eyes with Ibuki and Ibuki would nod at him.

The first move would soon be made by Wataru.

"Dragonite, use Brick Break on Kingambit!"

Dragonite would approach Kingambit at hypersonic speeds, but Garchomp was ready to intervene.

"Kingdra, use Ice Beam on Dragonite!"

Kingdra would blast an Ice Beam that was heading straight behind Dragonite.

"Dragonite, fly above, now!"

Dragonite would listen to the command and fly straight up and would try again, to lock on to Kingambit, but Kingambit would be nowhere to be seen at the spot it was just at.

"Kingambit, move in to block Kingdra's Ice Beam, now!" said Nagumo.

Kingambit would blink in front of Garchomp to block the attack and it didn't seem to faze it much.

"Nagumo, I don't want to be indebted to you, and you know that. Garchomp, repay our debts by hitting Kingdra with consecutive Dragon Claws!"

Garchomp would fly towards the Kingdra and knock it into the air with a Dragon Claw.

"WHAT A CREATIVE INITIAL IDEA FROM IBUKI AND WATARU, BUT IT WOULD BE READ BY NAGUMO, AS EXPECTED OF THE VICE-PRESIDENT OF ANHS! KINGAMBIT BLOCKED THE ICE BEAM ATTACK AND SHIRONA WOULD CAPITALIZE ON THE MOMENTUM BY TARGETING THE KINGRA, WHO IS COOLING DOWN SLIGHTLY FROM THE ATTACK"
Ibuki, judging the situation, came to a conclusion.

Garchomp was closing in, second by second, she'd wait until.

"KINGDRA, USE HYDRO PUMP POINT BLANK AT GARCHOMP!"

Kingdra would instantly charge a powerful attack at the Garchomp who could do nothing but take it point blank.

"GARCHOMP, STAND UP QUICK!" screamed Shirona.

Garchomp would attempt to stand up struggling, however it wouldn't be enough.

"Dragonite, shake off Kingambit and finish off Garchomp with a Dragon Claw."

Nagumo could be seen clicking his tongue as the Dragonite would blink away and get a Dragon Claw off of Garchomp.

Garchomp wouldn't be able to get on its feet and would stay on the ground while being fainted.

"Garchomp is unable to battle, it is now a 2 on 1 from this point forwards." said the referee.

"GARCHOMP HAS FAINTED AND IT SEEMS LIKE NAGUMO'S KINGAMBIT WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO WIN BY ITSELF... WHAT IS THIS? THIS KINGAMBIT'S AURA SEEMS TO BE GROWING STRONGER, IS IT HIS ABILITY!?"

The Kingambit seems to be surrounded by an aura that would be its ability, Supreme Overload. All other 5 Pokémon are dead. Meaning that Kingambit is now 1.5x stronger.

Nagumo's irritated tone would seem to have been a charade, as his smile was more apparent than ever.

Shirona would seem to be irritated that she got taken down, but from Nagumo's expression, everything seems to be according to plan.

"Kingambit, playtime is over, use Guillotine at the still airborne Kingdra, now." Said Nagumo while snapping his fingers.

Kingambit would blink above the Kingdra and would use both his claws to seemingly execute the airborne Kingdra.

Kingdra would join the Garchomp as it was also fainted.

"WHAT IS THIS? THE 2v1 ADVANTAGE SEEMS TO BE CANCELED STRAIGHT AWAY! KINGDRA HAS BEEN TAKEN OUT OF THE BATTLE!!

"CAN DRAGONITE TAKE THE RECENTLY EMPOWERED KINGAMBIT, WE WILL SEE!"

Wataru looks at Clair, who's seemingly disappointed.

"Leave the rest to me." said Wataru with a smile on his face.

Ibuki would nod and you could see a small hue of a blush on her ears.

"Dragonite, give it all you've got and use Hyper Beam, while Kingambit is in the air."

Guillotine is a very powerful move with the purpose of OHKO (One Hit Knockout) a Pokémon. No Pokémon can use it and just walk it off without feeling the aftermath of using it.

Dragonite would charge a Hyper Beam while Kingambit is in the air and it would fly right at the Kingambit.

"Kingambit, use the big blade on your head to slice the Hyper Beam in half!"

Wataru's eyes would widen as Kingambit would lower his head and it would be a tug'o'war with a Hyper Beam, who would come out on top?

Kingambit would take damage, but would only take less than he should as it partially reflected the path of the Hyper Beam with its blade.

An explosion would be the aftermath, but Kingambit would land in the air, on its feet, still standing.

Dragonite, now panting from firing a Hyper Beam, can't seem to move much.

"You wouldn't resort to defeating Dragonite now, while he can't move right? Let's give our kouhais some good entertainment." said Wataru, as he pointed towards the first years, who have all finally gathered at the stands.

"Do I really strike as the kind of person who'd kick a man while they're down?" said Nagumo.

"You'd be correct, Kingambit, finish off Dragonite with Night Slash."

Kingambit would use its claws, covered in an ominous darkness and charge towards the defenseless Dragonite.

Dragonite would fall as the winner had been decided.

"Dragonite is unable to battle, the winners of this duo battle are Shirona and Nagumo!"

"THERE IT IS, NAGUMO CLUTCHES UP A 2V1 AS KINGAMBIT RISES TO THE OCCASION!!"

Back to Ayanokouji's POV:

That battle seemed to be on the surface, a level-fielded battle, but everything in my entire being is telling me that Nagumo was planning on making it so from the beginning, that Kingambit is a really strong Pokémon, although, maybe it's the trainer that really brings out the power of it. Nagumo essentially used Shirona's Garchomp as a pawn in order to checkmate Kingdra and Dragonite, quite an interesting strategy.

I briefly also decided to make notes on the rest of the first years I saw here at the stands. Some of the more prominent people were a magenta-haired guy who was using a girl's head as a leg rest, a strawberry-blonde haired female student with a personality matching of Kushida. There would also be a well built, bald student, who looked like he should be in college, rather than university. There would also be a lilac-colored female student, who looks like a doll, her expression seemed to be just a smirkish smile, however when she noticed my gaze, her smile warped to a bit more wider, although that might be just a coincidence.

"Now that the battles have ended, we will now divide back to your separate classes and announce the duels, Class 1-D through A, go with your homeroom teacher to await your next instructions."

Chabashira-sensei would be waiting and we'd be going with her to the next location, where we'd be having our own Pokémon battle.

Can't help but be excited for what is to come.

After a 2 minute walk, we'd arrive at the part of the colosseum, where our class would fight our duels. As expected, it's smaller than the main part of it and the roof is closed, so our Pokémon could not go to the moon and back, how unfortunate.

"We'll be now announcing the duels, pay attention to the monitor and remember your number on the screen, you will have to stay here until everyone has finished their duels, you don't have to watch the duels, but you will need to be present in the stands, however, I'd advise watching the duels." said Chabashira-sensei in a matter of fact tone.

The screen in the arena would start raffling and the duels would be decided.

1. Kouenji Rokusuke vs Kushida Kikyou

2. Hirata Yousuke vs Sudou Ken

3. Yamauchi Haruki vs Shinohara Satsuki

4. Ayankouji Kiyotaka vs Horikita Suzune

...

A/N:

YO,

From what I heard last week, you guys wanted longer chapters so here you go.

I'm sorry if the chapters aren't called anything more fitting, my creativity is very low it would seem.

If you're confused on Lance, Clair and Cynthia, that's there Japanese names, I just decided to use them as their last names, because it didn't sound too bad.

I'll try update again on weekend and if not it'll delay a day or two like it did this time.

As always, let me know if I made any mistakes or if you've got feedback to give.

Until next time,

KojiEnthusiast.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

4.3K 213 6
One-Shot Book (Mainly dabbles in crossovers) Been around the COTE community for a year or two, reading and lurking within the shadows, and now, I hav...
4.6K 225 8
Classroom of the elite X Pokemon X Oshi no Ko Kiyotaka Ayanokoji, Yuki Tsubaki, and Shiro Hoshino are going to ANHS. The school is famous for educati...
2.6K 119 40
These are just ideas I've posted in threads while on Wattpad or Discord that I remember or saved on my phone. it will be either a copy and pasted fro...
14.6K 939 9
"My flaws are the tools for my perfection." Dissatisfied with his state as a blank slate, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka resolves to change during his time in t...