Caught In A Web

By just-dreaming-marvel

You were living your best college life when your life suddenly changed after getting bit by a spider. When th... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen

fourteen

584 34 5
By just-dreaming-marvel

You were still in the lab when Tony arrived back. He came storming in, slamming the door open, causing you and Bruce to both jump.

"You're back?" You questioned as Tony headed for you. "How did—"

You were cut off by Tony's lips pressing against yours. His hands grabbed you and pulled you into him. You sunk into the kiss, allowing him to press your body against his and allow his tongue to dominate your mouth.

Bruce cleared his throat, hoping that you and Tony would separate. Both of you ignored him. "Uh, I'm just going to go," he muttered and slipped out of the lab.

Eventually, Tony broke the kiss and rested your foreheads against each other.

"What was that for?" You breathed out with a small smile, still trying to catch your breath.

"I shouldn't have gone," he admitted quietly.

"What happened?"

"She..." He sighed, almost like he was blaming himself for something. "She wanted to get back together." You felt like you couldn't breathe. "And she... she kissed me."

"Oh..." You felt like you were going to puke. You took a step back, trying to pretend that Tony didn't look hurt by that. "Did... Did you—"

"I stopped it, immediately. It wasn't what I wanted at all." You kept silent. "Y/N... please," Tony timidly reached out for your hands. You didn't fight him as he took them in his own. "Say something."

"You... you stopped it?"

"Yes, as soon as it happened."

"And did you... did you tell her about us? About... me?"

"I told her that I'm seeing someone. That it's private and we're taking it slow."

You nodded. You understood that Tony wasn't at fault here, but it was still hard to take for you. Pepper was more his 'age-range' and what you presumed to be his 'type'. You were in your mid-twenties and Tony was in his early-forties. You weren't the most attractive in compared to others you have seen with Tony. You honestly wondered why he wanted to be with you.

Tony could tell that you were retreating into your mind. He wished that he knew your innermost thoughts so that he could help you.

"Sweetheart?" He slowly rubbed circles on the back of your hands, trying to get you to come back to him. "Talk to me... please." He waited a moment, only for you to stay silent. "I am so sorry for what happened."

"I know," you whispered. "And I don't blame you."

"Then what's going on?"

"I just... Pepper is..." You looked away, hating to get too emotional right now. "Never mind." You pulled away and turned toward your project.

"Y/N—" Tony went to touch you but you moved away.

You tried not to flinch at the hurt look Tony gave you. "I'm sorry, Tony. This... this has more to do with me than it is you. Or even the Pepper thing. I promise, let me have a moment to myself and I'll be fine."

Tony didn't quite believe you, but he was going to respect the space you were asking for. "Okay. I'll... I'll be in my own lab when you're ready."

You nodded, unable to look at him as he walked out of the room. As soon as he was gone, tears began trailing down your checks. You knew that this wasn't actually about Tony. This was just you and your own insecurities. Between the tears and the growing shakiness, you ended up tossing what you were working on across the room. It went flying, slamming into one of Bruce's screens, shattering it.

You stepped backward until you hit the wall and then slid down it until you were sitting on the ground. You broke into sobs, your arms coming to rest on your knees before your head fell against it.

~~~

Tony was standing in front of one of his screen. His tie was untied, sitting on his shoulders, with his coat thrown over the nearby stool. His eyes weren't leaving the live footage on the screen. Tony couldn't stand seeing you like this. He was blaming himself.

"Boss," FRIDAY interrupted, "you're going to want to see this."

FRIDAY moved the footage of you over and opened up the news. There, front and center, was a picture of Tony and Pepper kissing.

"What are they saying?" Tony asked.

"The reports say that the two of you had dinner together that ended in a kiss. Most sources are hoping that the two of you are getting back together."

Tony sighed, running a hand down his face. "How do we fix this?"

"Unfortunately, the only way would be to reveal your relationship with Miss L/N."

"Not an option. Just... send out a response saying that the two of us have moved on."

"And the kiss?"

"Shit. I guess we can say I'm still a playboy."

"I'm afraid many still believe that, Boss."

Tony huffed with anger and. annoyance. His hands went down and rested on the desk in front of him, leaning him forward while he head hung down. "FRIDAY, I don't know what to do."

"Help is on the way, Boss."

~~~

You were still huddled up against the wall when Wanda entered. The Team had been called up by FRIDAY, where the AI and Tony informed them of what happened. While they were figuring out a plan, Wanda slipped away to see how you were.

"Y/N?" She called gently as she came over to you.

"Did he send you down here?" You rasped.

"No. I came by myself." She slid down the wall next to you. She gave you your space though, not wanting to push you into anything.

"Did Tony tell you?"

"Yes, and we saw the news."

Your head snapped up. "The news? It's on the news?"

Wanda winced at your tone. "Yes."

"Wanda... I'm scared. I... I care about Tony a lot. I may even love him. But... I can't compete with Pepper and the press. Pepper's the right age for Tony. She's strong and beautiful and the press loves her with him... I... I'm twenty-five, just got my Ph.D due to this job. I'm not as beautiful as her... I don't know if this will work."

"Y/N," Wanda place her hand on your knee, "I'm in a relationship with a robot. That shouldn't be able to work. You and Tony's relationship is normal. Tony cares deeply for you. None of us have ever seen him this way, even with Pepper. You are better for him than she ever was."

You nodded, taking her words to heart. "And the press? How do I handle that?"

"You don't need to. Tony and the others are taking care of it. Tony will make things better. He will always try to do that for you."

~~~

Wanda took you to your floor, leaving you there alone. You told FRIDAY to inform Tony of where you were and that you would like to see him whenever he's done. You were standing in your living room, staring at the glowing skyline, when Tony exited the elevator. He was nervous, scared that he had ruined this relationship like he had done before.

"Wanda told me that you and the Team were working on dealing with the press," you said quietly, not moving to turn around.

"Yes," replied Tony, taking timid steps to you. "We got it taken care of and still have our privacy." You silently nodded. "Y/N, I am so sorry that all of this happened. I— I know that I'm a handful and that this is partly my fault."

"What?" You turned around. "Why would you think that?"

"I went to visit with Pepper despite your feelings on the matter."

"Tony, I told you to go."

"Yes, but I could tell that you really didn't want me to."

"That's not—"

"And Pepper's kiss got caught on camera and sold to the news outlets. I should have been more careful. I... I understand if this is too much for you. If I'm too much for you." You gave him a sad smile and a chuckle. "What? Is me being open funny to you? I'll admit that it's not normal but I—"

"No, Tony, that's not it." You walked up to him to close the distance. "I was having insecurities too. Like my age and my looks and—"

Tony tenderly took your head in his hands. "You are the most beautiful woman to me. Please, don't ever doubt that. Okay?" You nodded, growing emotional. "Okay." He pressed a light kiss to your lips. "And the age thing? Age is just a number. I never act my age anyway." That got a small laugh from you. "There it is. That laugh I love."

You wrapped your arms around him and pressed yourself close. Pressing a kiss to your head, Tony wrapped his arms around you. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, though I don't understand exactly what for."

"Just... for being you. I'm just really thankful for you."

"I'm thankful for you too, spidey-girl." He kissed your head again before barely whispering, "I'll forever be thankful for you."

You closed your eyes and just let yourself hold Tony close. You knew that this wouldn't be the last of the rough patches of your relationship, or even the hardest of them, but you had faith that the two of you could make it through anything that came your way. You just needed each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

495K 16.6K 74
You are Y/N Y/L/N, a young girl working at your father's company. After your father got ill and died in a short period of time, you found out there w...
163K 4.9K 29
You have lived your whole life, knowing who your father is, but he doesn't know about you. One day when your room mate and best friend, Peter Parker...
84.5K 1.9K 11
All thee wonderful Tony x Reader fanfic you could ask for (with in reason)! **I take suggestions and story requests, you just have to give me a few d...
85.7K 1.5K 19
Just some one-shots about your innocent cinnamon roll Peter Parker... REQUESTS ARE CLOSED!! THIS BOOK IS NOW FINISHED!! ALL ONESHOTS ARE MY OWN I DO...