An Angel Walks Among Us

By Writesintheshadows

15 year old Angel Madison should be going to high school, going to school dances, participating in sports, an... More

The story so far

5 0 0
By Writesintheshadows

Sometimes I like to dream. I dream of life pre cancer. I dream of life after cancer. I mostly dream about life the no cancer version. I wish I was born normal. I wish I didn't have so many hospital bracelets it filled up my whole door. But then I wouldn't be who I am now. Happy, loving, kind, caring, and adorable. Still cancer sucks. But it's a part of what makes me well me. I am Angel Madison and I have cancer, brain cancer to be exact, but I never let that stop me. It's just life. -Angel.

~

I woke up to a bunch of machines beeping and making noise. 'Great way to start my Monday morning.' I thought to myself as I slowly woke up. "Angel! Are you ok? Your heart rates going off like crazy!" My mom, who happens to be a nurse at the hospital in in, said. "Yeah I'm fine. I don't know why it does that." I said sitting up in bed. I looked around the room. Same salmon pink walls, same tile floor, same bright lights, different room. I had been transferred to the intensive treatment unit a few nights ago after not being able to do literally anything on my own. "Are you sure? I can get Dr. Amelia to come down. Are you tired? Did you sleep enough? Do you need pain medication?" My mom said at about a mile a minute. "Mom I'm fine. I'm still alive. I'm not dead yet." I said smiling. She didn't think it was funny. "Sorry." I said softly. "I'll let it slide. Now are you sure-" my mom started. "Yes mom I'm fine. I can take care of myself." I said softly. She nodded and busied her self  with taking down my vitals. I decided to upload an old picture to my instagram. 

I chuckled at Lucas' comment. Leave it to him to find the light in everything. I placed my phone back on its charger and decided to get up for the day. I unhooked myself from the I.V. as it turned off and got up. My first steps were a bit rough but I managed. Now I have to greet the day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Alina By ihidethisapp

General Fiction

1.5M 37.9K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...
165K 6.2K 79
Not many people understood 12 year old Jessica, as a person and an individual. That doesn't include, however, her older sister, who Jessica adores w...
41.3K 2.2K 26
Hooked onto drugs, no family, no guidance or sanity until she met HIM. Cover Creds: @Triceynexttdoor ❤️ -BLICKY.
250K 18.2K 22
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...