Holding On (Wildcreek Ranch S...

By Rituparnadarolia

Twenty-six year old Rihanna Wilson, an elementary school teacher was very attached to her students. So, when... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen

548 17 0
By Rituparnadarolia

Rihanna's eyes widened at his question. "What's tonight?" she squeaked. Was he asking her permission to make love to her tonight? Rihanna's face flushed red but to her surprise, Hunter just chuckled.

"What do you think it is?" he asked in return, instead of answering her. However, before she could speak an excited Robbie ran inside the house with his fishing gear.

"Uncle Hunt, can we please go fishing? I'm bored," he said, expectantly.

"Let's go to Yellowstone National Park. It'll be fun," suggested Rihanna. Robbie's eyes widened with sheer happiness and he already started jumping up and down with excitement.

"I've never been to Yellowstone. Please, Uncle Hunt, let's go," said Robbie, unable to contain his excitement.

"But we wouldn't be able to return home tonight. It's a four-hour drive away," said Hunter, his eyes blazing with something as he stared expectantly at Rihanna.

"We can stay there overnight, " she suggested, her cheeks coloring again remembering what he had said to her earlier. Hunter looked contented hearing her reply.

"Sure, pack up and we'll leave in an hour. I'll just make arrangements at the ranch, " he said, striding out of the house. Robbie pulled her with him to his room to pack.

"Pack my stuff first, Mommy," he said happily, making her almost run with him towards his room. Rihanna had never seen him this excited before. So the next few minutes, they hurriedly packed first Robbie's stuff and then her own stuff.

"What about Uncle Hunt's clothes? Will he be n*ked?" asked Robbie with a horrified look on his face.

Rihanna rolled her eyes as sinful images of his uncle Hunt crept into her mind. "I'll pack his. You select the toys that you need to take with you," she told him. He ran to do as asked. Rihanna sorted through his clothes, selecting the ones which he could wear on the trip. She had packed everything except his underwear. Should she pack them or should she leave it for him to do? She sat staring at the drawer full of his undergarments not knowing what to do.

"What are you dreaming of?" whispered an amused Hunter as he strode into his room having made all the arrangements at the ranch. His manager, Andy Jackson would handle everything while he was away. Rihanna jumped suddenly hearing him near her.

"You scared me?" she gasped, clutching at her heart, her eyes widening as she turned to look at him.

He gazed into her eyes. "I can give you a better option than what you are doing right now," he whispered, lifting his fingers to tuck a stray curl behind her ear. Rihanna blushed profusely and looked away.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I was just packing for you but since you're already here, you can do it yourself. By the way, I haven't packed any of those," she said, gesturing towards his drawer full of undergarments. Hunter caught her by the waist, not allowing her to leave.

"Complete what you've started. I don't like incomplete work, " he said in a slightly displeased tone. Rihanna looked at him. Was he serious? Or was he hinting at something else? She shrugged not wanting to waste any more time for Robbie's sake.

"Leave me then," she ordered. He left her waist reluctantly. She picked up a few fresh undergarments and packed them up too with Hunter watching her closely.

"Stop staring and go and get ready," she said impatiently.

"I want to stare at you," he insisted. "Do you have a problem if I do?" he asked.

"No, it doesn't affect me. Stare to your heart's content." She turned to walk out of his closet but he was blocking her way. "Hunter let me go, please," she said when he didn't move an inch to let her pass.

"You didn't answer my question," he reminded her.

"What question?" she asked, remembering his previous question about tonight. But tonight what? She was still puzzled by that incomplete question.

"Will you let me sleep with you tonight?" he asked huskily, his eyes searching her face hopefully. Rihanna's heart flooded with relief or was it disappointment?

"You can but no funny business. Only sleeping, " she said sternly using her teacher's tone. Hunter chuckled but didn't answer.

"Go and get ready. You have fifteen minutes more," he said as Rihanna glared at him. How could she get Robbie, herself as well as some food ready in fifteen minutes?

"You get Robbie ready while I pack some food up. Robbie just had his milk and we didn't have anything yet," she said, massaging her temples. Hunter caught her arm.

"Relax, Rihanna. It's a fun trip. Take your time and make some sandwiches and pack up some fruit. We will buy something on the way," he told her. Rihanna smiled with relief and nodded.

In an hour, they had their breakfast and were ready to leave. Rihanna had packed some sandwiches, fruits, some muffins, some potato wedges, and enough juice and water for the journey. Hunter locked up the house well and loaded their luggage onto his truck while Robbie hugged his little backpack of toys, refusing to part with them. They climbed onto Hunter's truck and drove off towards Yellowstone National Park with Robbie singing in the backseat.

"Thank you," Hunter said in a soft voice. "I've never seen him this happy in the last three years. Thank you for not giving up on him," he told her softly. Rihanna smiled.

"You don't need to thank me. I love him and he makes me happy and complete," she told him. Hunter looked a little jealous at her answer but he didn't say anything else.

"Mommy, I'm hungry," said Robbie. Rihanna handed him some potato wedges and he munched happily.

"This is the yummiest food ever," he said, kissing the wedges and eating them. Rihanna grinned seeing his happy antics but Hunter looked more jealous.

"Do you want some?" she asked Hunter, seeing his expression.

"You have to feed me since I'm driving," said Hunter, with a small smile on his lips. Rihanna smiled. Of course, he would want that! She picked up a potato wedge that she had made and fed it to him. His mood seemed to uplift and all was at peace. The rest of the drive they talked about Yellowstone National Park. They stopped midway for refreshments since they had an early breakfast.

"You make the best sandwiches, Mommy," said Robbie, munching his food. Rihanna ruffled his hair and he smiled adorably at her. By the time they reached Yellowstone National Park, it was already lunchtime. Hunter had booked a rustic cabin for themselves and they drove through the West gate of the park towards their cabin.

"Wow, " gasped Robbie, as Hunter parked his vehicle in the free parking area of their cabin. Set on the shores of Hebgen Lake, the cabin looked like the perfect getaway that they needed. "Can we go fishing here, Uncle Hunt?" asked an excited Robbie, already picking up his fishing gear.

"Hang on Robbie. Let's grab a quick lunch first," said Hunter. Rihanna pointed at a Cafe nearby and they walked towards it to eat lunch. Later they unloaded their luggage and carried it into the cabin. After freshening up, they drove into the National Park with Robbie bursting with excitement.

"Have you come here before?" asked Hunter, curiously.

"Yeah, many times." 

"With your friends?" he asked. She knew what he was hinting at but couldn't ask her in front of Robbie.

"No, with my family. I don't have friends. I'm awkward at making friends with anyone so I don't even make an effort. I have always concentrated on my career all my life," she told him. Hunter looked at her with disbelief.

"You didn't have any problems with us," he pointed out. Rihanna shrugged. She had no idea how she connected to Robbie and his uncle so well. She was a good and popular teacher at her school and never had a connection to her students. Neither did she have problems connecting on a professional level with her fellow teachers but where friendships were concerned, she was lost. She couldn't open up much and bond with anyone. The only exception was Adelaide, Rhett's wife who's a simple and sweet girl. She had no problems connecting with Adelaide, their friendship still going strong.

"It's because Mommy loves us, don't you know?" said Robbie happily staring at some elks drinking water at the edge of the river. "Look, are they gonna drink all the water up? They're so thirsty," he said with a laugh. Rihanna clicked a picture of the elks as well as of Robbie and he happily posed. They saw moose, bison, herons, white pelicans, and bald eagles as they drove along Hebgen Lake.

"I want to go for a boat ride to watch the sunset, please," said Rihanna. Hunter smiled.

"Sure," he promised.

They entered the park and checked out the famous Old Faithful Geyser to start with. Rihanna explained to Robbie what a Geyser was as they stood on the boardwalk checking how 8400 gallons of scalding hot water was expelled with such force to create a mist that reached nearly 120 feet high into the air. It was an enriching experience for them and Hunter watched how different Robbie was in Rihanna's company.

He wanted this bond to last forever. He wanted her to stay with them forever. He knew it was a selfish wish but he wanted to be selfish.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 3.4K 28
Losing the love of my life taught me that inactions have consequences. My new bookkeeping job teaches me that numbers don't lie, but people do. Shar...
1.9K 34 48
Mia Rives 18 year old Mia lost her parents in a tragic accident when she was 15. She found herself in an abusive relationship, shes lost in her own h...
42.6K 2K 36
Twenty-eight year old Rex Bradley Wilson had given up all hopes of finding love when his twin decided to marry the woman he loved, Adelaide. However...
123K 3.7K 33
COMPLETED! Rose Wilson has been the girl that was always there for everybody. Always willing to give help to those who needed it. When her best frien...