Like a Cinderella

By Dranonymous21

I have suffered a lot. And he made sure to make me suffer more. He did every possible way to torture me. B... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Authors note
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Author's note.
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 14

109 9 1
By Dranonymous21

Delilah sinclairs

"Can I see the orthopedics? " I say it to receptionist.

God, I hate hospitals but the way Abraham is standing behind me, as if he is scared of me or more like he is scared of hospitals.

" But, he is taking class rightnow in wards."

Receptionist look at me as if I bothered her.
"This is urgent. He had fractured his hand and he is in pain."

I point at Abraham who is standing behind me.

"No, I am not in pain and this is not urgent. We can go back to university."
Abraham says looking at receptionist.

"Okay fine then."
Receptionist says and looks back at her computer screen,

"Excuse me, which ward can I find that orthopedics?" I knock at her desk.

She looks at me in disgust but tells me the way.

"we can go back Delilah, Its fine." Abraham says.

"Just shut up. I am not leaving you until I get to know its alright with your flesh and bones inside them."
I say
And He really shuts up.

I see a very different Abraham right now.
I don't know much about him but I am sure he has suffered a lot as a kid.

We enter the ward and I can see a bunch of medical students standing there.

I try to spot the orthopedics and I am glad I can see a man in navy blue scrubs, he looks saged and he is teaching the students in white coat.

"Lets go back delilah. He is busy."

Abraham stands at the door of ward whereas I enter it and move towards the bed where the doctor is standing.

"Excuse me Sir."

I say, looking at the doctor but now I can see Noah standing there too, wearing his white coat and with an Ipad in his one hand and the apple pencial in another.

I am speechless for a second.
I know he would freakout again if he would see me with Abraham.

"Yes?"

The doctor replies politetly.

"There's an emgerncy sir, My friend has injured his hand and I am afraid he has fractured the bones or may be smashed the flash of his skin."

I say without pausing.

"Okay lets go. Class dismmised."
He says
And moves out of ward.

Noah looks at me with a number of questions in his eyes.

"Noah come here." I held his hand and follow the doctor.

"Which friend is injured Delilah?" Noah asks holding my hand tightly.

"Him." I point towards Abraham who is standing just at the door of ward.

" Abraham?" He stopped walking.

" Come on Noah, accompany me for now. I will explain."

I held his hand a little more tighter.

"Okay." He follows me holding my hand.

The doctor looks at Abraham's hand, me and Noah are standing just at a little distance away from them.

"You should go and get an X-ray."

Doctor writes something on page and handover it to me.

Noah looked at me holding the page and then at Abraham.

Meanwhile Abraham has been silence since Noah accompanied us and he only answered doctor's questions.

"Is X-ray important? I need to go back."

He says when we are out for x ray and he seems innocent.

'Well, Mr.Abraham it is important. Your hand doesn't look so good to me."

Noah replies him.

"Okay then lets go." Abraham says.

I was afraid he might behave rude towards Noah.

We got the X-ray. And the doctor said It wasm't anything serious and no bone is fractured. Now, I doubt if the doctor is even real?

I wrote some prescriptions and hand over page to us.

"You 2 should wait for me, let my mark my attendence. I will head back with you guys to your college?"

Noah says to us, more accrulately he is looking at Abraham.

"Okay." Abraham replies.

"You should come with this med student boyfriend of yours. I am already leaving." Abraham says.

"Don't you wanna say Thankyou to atleast Noah?" I ask him.

"No, I don't. Technically he didn't help in anything and I have paid all my fees. So, Bye Delilah."

He leaves.

He is heartless.

I look at him leaving like he owes me nothing may be he doesn't. May be I expected more from him as I always do.

"Where did Abraham go?" Noah says.

"He had some important task. He said 'Bye' to you."

I say holding his hand again tightly becuase he has always been person I run back to when world treats me harsh and he always accepts me.

" Lets go and have lunch in our hospital's cafeteria. The burger here is good." He says.

"I am sorry Noah, I didn't tell you about Abraham being my partner in project."
I say

"I am sorry for overreacting that night."

He says and hugs me while the poeple around us cross and doesn't see to notice.

Because we are standing in a hospital here you see people hugging their loved ones and telling them their loved one survived and here people hug their loved ones crying and telling them that they might not get to see their ill one ever again.

Hospitals are weird everyone is sitting and standing with some worrisome thoughts in their minds and hearts and some hope of things getting better in their eyes.

______________

Abaraham Walton

"Where are you coming from? A hospital?"

Isaac looks at me when I reach my home and he is already standing there outside in cold winter as if he was waiting for me.

"Yeah, a fucking hospital"
I say and move inside without waiting for Isaac to join me.

I remove my gloves and look at my hand that has all swollen up. And it really hurt alot in it.

'Why hospital? Why didn't you ask her to just leave you here?"
Isaac asks me.

" She kept telling me she won't listen my no."

I bring my hands near fire in chimney and makes them warm.
It feels comfortbale.

" Seriously? You never take Delilah serious." He laughs more like he mocks me and then adds, "besides, You hate hospitals."

I take a few steps to go and pull rocking chair to put it near chimney and sit there.

But Isaac comes before I could reach the chair, he keeps the chair near chimney and asks me to sit and I do.

" Does it really hurt a lot in your hand?"

Finally he realized I am in pain.

"No a bottle of wine would fix everything."

I tell him looking at the fire, there's no difference between fire in chimney and fire inside me.

" Let me bring it for us."

He says and leaves to bring a bottle of alochol or wine may be.

At this brief moment, I only and only focus on fire, It's yellow more like orange yellow, I can clearly see the wood being burnt. the intense fire, raising flames of it as if they don't want to be part of it, they don't want to be part of fire destroying innocent wood whose only sin is that they can catch fire and let itself burn in it.

"Here's your alcohol Mr Abraham Walton." He pulled a chair to sit near me and poured alochol for me in a wine glass.

I take it.
And take a sip from it.

A single sip in my system and I can feel every cell in my body getting calmer than it was.
Another sip, and I can feel the pain vanishing away as if it never touched my body.

Why there are so many medicines when alcohol can be the cure to very single disease out there if not disease atleast it can be cure for every single pain out there.

"You remember when we were kids and you came to our school and had no friend." Isaac spoke holding his glass of wine and probably he is looking at me but I can't seem to take my eyes off from fire.

"Neither did you have any friend. Instead that one day they bullied you and took your lunch box and you were sitting in corner and were crying."

I told him becuase I remember eveyrthing clearly.

"You were ill and weak back then but you still hit them all. How did you actually do it? I still wonder sometimes."

He asks from me.

" Anger, rage. It drives me crazy. I had already stayed in hospital for so many days because I got sick crying for mom, I didn't eat anything for days. You were right I was weak and I was dumb. But then I saw you crying and asked you who did wrong to you. I kicked the asses of those bullies becuase I saw myself in you Isaac, we both were weak and one of us had to be strong. I decided to be strong that day."

I keep the glass of alcohol on table and take the bottle and poured the entire bottle inside my mouth as if thats the last bottle I would ever have.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 14.2K 104
Everyone has that one life changing moment, That moment defines you. It shapes who you are as a person, and pushes you down the path that leads to th...
789K 17.1K 47
It wasn't supposed to be like this, I wasn't supposed to fall inlove with the man my stepsister is arranged to marry. While i'm stuck being the "maid...
268K 5.9K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
76.5K 1.4K 52
This story is purely made from my Imagination. A Mafia Romance By Dylanobriensmami ---------------------- 𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 I was sen...