VIOLENT DELIGHTS ( cato hadle...

By Unlock-Your-Mind

"They've been to hell and back for each other, and I think they'd both be willing to take a second trav... More

SOUNDTRACK
ACT ONE โ€• para bellum
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ. vows we made
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ. kiss with a fist

VIOLENT DELIGHTS

452 29 93
By Unlock-Your-Mind

-: \\ *. * · -ˋˏ ⚔ ˎˊ- *. * · // :-

────── VIOLENT DELIGHTS ˎˊ-

╰ ⋟ a cato hadley story

-:     ✦                ⊹ .               * ࣭ ⭑๋ ࣭ ⭑

‧₊𓇼         ˚✧              ꙳ ✦

⊹             ₊ ★

made by soulofstaars

They've been to hell
and back for each other
and I think they'd both
be willing to take a second travel
if they had to

── unkown, via pinterest.

-: \\ *. * · -ˋˏ ⚔ ˎˊ- *. * · // :-

────── SYNOPSIS ˎˊ-

-:     ✦                ⊹ .               * ࣭ ⭑๋ ࣭ ⭑

‧₊𓇼         ˚✧              ꙳ ✦

⊹             ₊ ★

     HONOR - THE WORD HAUNTED HER. Born in District 2, every child is taught their purpose in life from a young age: bring honor to your family. The way this is achieved? To win the Hunger Games. Fight 23 other children to the death in a specially designed arena and come out the victor. You don't show fear, you don't cower; you win.

     Cassandra Crawford had never questioned her place. She never thought twice about the weapon placed in her hand and the pressure put on her shoulders. Why would she when fighting made her feel free? When the strain put on her muscles made her feel alive?

     Her brother Ryker had always been her example. He was strong, fast, capable. The day he voluntered, she knew for sure District 2 would deliver the victor that year. But the Games broke him, turned him insane, broke down his strength until there was only a weeping boy left. First, she had to watch his mind crumble, then his body be slaughtered by another Tribute. Her seemingly invisible brother had succumed to weakness and it cost him his life. But that wasn't even the worst of it.

     The worst came afterwards, when her mother could no longer bear the pain. She chose the cowards way out and left Cassandra and her father to be shunned by the rest of their District. Her father lost his position as Peacekeeper and was forced to work in the weapon factory instead. In a warrior worshipping culture, there was no place for the weak.

     Slowly, the resentment grew. She hated Ryker for the dishonor he brought upon their family. She hated the people of District 2 for turning their back on them. There was only one way for her to restore honor to their family name. Do that which she was born to do: win the Hunger Games.

   Of course, her father was aware of her plans to enter the arena. Whether it was the thought of losing another child, or the fear of being left alone, Cassandra did not know. But he made her swear not to enter until she was 18. Perhaps Elias hoped his daughter would change her mind before that time.

     But she didn't. She kept training, she kept growing stronger. To avoid being seen by any of the resentful people of her district, Cassandra only used the training center in the early morning hours when it was empty. Until one morning it wasn't. Cato Hadley, son of the mayor and the most arrogant idiot she'd ever met, was waiting for her. He'd seen her skills and insisted on training with her.

    She should've just said no, but the temptation of matching her strength to the boy who had been proclaimed the potential winner of the next games was too great to pass. Soon enough, their early morning sessions became an unsproken regularity. But Cassandra refused to admit to anyone, most of all to herself, how much she'd actually come to enjoy his company. She knew she had to stay focused, or else her hard work would all be for nothing. There would only be one victor and it was going to be her.

     If only she hadn't found her damned heart in that arena.

Nothing ever ends poetically.
It ends and we turn it into poetry.
All that blood was never once beautiful.
It was just red.

── kait rokowski (via tromos)

-: \\ *. * · -ˋˏ ⚔ ˎˊ- *. * · // :-

────── CAST ˎˊ-

CHRISTIAN SERRATOS  as
────── CASSANDRA CRAWFORD

-: I have heard it said that love turns people soft but I have never been more brutal :-

-:  ✦                ⊹ .               * ࣭ ⭑๋ ࣭ ⭑

‧₊𓇼         ˚✧              ꙳ ✦

⊹             ₊ ★

&&&

ALEXANDER LUDWIG  as
────── CATO HADLEY

-: To feel anything deranges you; to be seen feeling anything strips you naked :-

-:     ✦                ⊹ .               * ࣭ ⭑๋ ࣭ ⭑

‧₊𓇼         ˚✧              ꙳ ✦

⊹             ₊ ★

────── ALSO STARRING ˎˊ-

HENRY IAN CUSICK as
────── ELIAS CRAWFORD

SALMA HAYEK as
────── OCTAVIA CRAWFORD

DIEGO TINOCO  as
────── RYKER CRAWFORD

SOPHIE THATCHER as
────── NYX WHITEFORGE

-: \\ *. * · -ˋˏ ⚔ ˎˊ- *. * · // :-

────── TABLE OF CONTENTS ˎˊ-

-:   ✦              ⊹ .             * ࣭ ⭑๋ ࣭ ⭑

   ‧₊𓇼       ˚✧            ꙳ ✦

  ⊹           ₊ ★

-ˋˏ ACT ONE  ─── PARA BELLUM
( set: before the games )

ACT TWO ─── MEMENTO MORI  ˎˊ-
( set: during the games )

He and I are closer than friends.
We are enemies linked together.
The same sin binds us.

── oscar wilde, (an ideal husband)

-: \\ *. * · -ˋˏ ⚔ ˎˊ- *. * · // :-

────── STORY NOTES ˎˊ-

-:    ✦               ⊹ .              * ࣭ ⭑๋ ࣭ ⭑

‧₊𓇼        ˚✧             ꙳ ✦

⊹            ₊ ★

     DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Hunger Games. This amazing series was created by Suzanne Collins. All credits go to her. I do however own Cassandra Crawford and the plot, background, character and dialogue related to her story. The lay-out of this chapter was inspired by the lay-out created by -voidlegends She also created the absolutely stunning cover and character posters at the start of this chapter. Stealing will be considered plagarism and won't be tolerated.

     DEDICATIONS: This book is dedicated to all these lovely people who inspire and support me: -voidlegends soulofstaars lunaxhale dunbonnet pepperronys pixiiedusts Winter326 dunkesdale   fciryriots arsvenal 

     AUTHOR'S NOTE: Well, I never thought I'd write a Hunger Games fic after all this time. But here I am anyway! My love for this series has returned in full force. And, as usual lol, that means a new fic! If darker themes and characters aren't your thing, I'd advice against reading. I'm fully embracing the deranged character trope in this one. I really wanted to create an oc who truly has some screwed up views and actually believes them. That's not to say Cassandra doesn't have the potential to become a better person though...And please know that in no way do I share her views, it's fiction.

     I've always been fascinated with Cato's character. But since little is actually known about him I've taken the liberty to turn him into a little bit an oc. I won't excuse or change any of his deranged behaviour, since that's partly what makes him so interesting to me. But I'm definitely adding some depth to him! I've also added my own bits of lore and culture to what little is known about District 2. Everything is very much inspired by ancient rome. Suzanne Collins took some inspiration from this culture as well, so I thought it was only fitting I added to that!

     There are two endings currently planned in my outline for this book. I guess we'll see which one I'll end up going with. My decision will be partly based on my own motivation and inspiration going forward. But it will also be based on the amount of interaction from you guys. That's not to say I want x amount of comments or anything. But support is always appreciated :) Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

     xx Nelly

STARTED: 25/11/2023
PUBLISHED: 10/12/2023
STATUS: ongoing
FINISHED: tbd

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 4.1K 79
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
366K 21.9K 78
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
395K 6.3K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...