Him and I

By lamel0d1p

Cassiopeia is a twenty-one year old, freshly graduated college student, trying to find her position in the wo... More

One - Three Months of Agony
Characters
Two - Family Dinner
Three - Brunch
Fourth - of July
Five - Continuation
Feed
Six - Concrete Jungle
Six - CJ Part II
Seven - I do?
Eight - In or Out
Nine - Birthday Suit
Ten - 21 Reasons
Twelve - Acclimation
Thirteen - Absense Fail
Fourteen - The Plan
Fifteen - Executing the Plan
insta

Eleven - Moving In

462 15 1
By lamel0d1p

Cassiopeia Odette.
Penthouse.
Charlotte, North Carolina

September 10th, 2021
10:45am

I had finally arrived to Charlotte, today was the day I moved in with Melo and our arrangment officially began. Melo and I hadn't discussed our relationship status since the trip to New Orleans, the day after his birthday he rushed off to Charlotte to start training and conditioning for the season. If I'm quite honest, I'm scared out of my mind to see him today. How do I greet him? With a hug, a kiss, a small wave, just a 'hey'? I don't know. If I greeted him too simply he might be upset, too forward and he might get turned off. Maybe I should let him greet me?

I had been running ideas of what to do for almost ten minutes now, standing awkwardly in front the door to his- our penthouse.

Fuck it.

I enter the door code and nudge the door open, I think my heart is actually in my ass right now.

I pull my luggage into the foyer and look at my surroundings.

A somewhat peculiar house, luxurious but immature in taste, basketball and 'LaFrance' paraphenila hung on the walls. The walls were black , with purple and blue details scattered around, not my taste personally. I crept deeper into the house, into the waiting area, living room, kitchen, into the hallways, and bedrooms lining the hallways. No trace of Melo, besides the several portraits, figurines, and art pieces modeled after him- how humble of him...

At the end of the hall is double doors. I knock, but not response. I push the doors open and see a grand room with the walls painted black. On the walls is the same decor as the rest of apartment, Lamelo Lafrance, the bed sits centered on the wall across from the doors, covered by a black fuzzy duvet and black pillows. Once I walk in sitting area on my rightside, the couch angled to look out the window and see the wall mounted TV. On my left is a bean bag and doors that led to a large bathroom that connected to the walk in closet.

Nice. Not much else to say. The majority of the house was black and somewhat depressing. It kind of reminded me of a teenage boys room decor if he had a million dollar budget.

My phone pings,

Melly❤️
sorry phat i forgot to txt
u earlier but i'm at practice rn
be home around 3-4
mi casa su casa

Phat ma💍
mk. bring food

Incoming Facetime Call
Mels❤️
ACCEPT DECLINE

Melo appears on my screen sweating and heaving into the camera. Even sweaty and funky this man is so fine. When he sees me he smiles and tilts his head to lean closer I feel butterflies

"How was your flight" he asks

"No complaints," I shrug, pushing the butterflies down "How's practice?"

Shrug, "Light work. I can't wait to see you"

I feel my cheeks burn bright red and smile, "Ditto. Do you wanna get me ice cream on your way home?"

"Yea baby, what you want?"

Butterflies. I love when he calls me baby, I love the way he treats me like his baby.

"Pistachio or Dulce de Lèche"

"Ight, I gotta go tho"

"Bye Melo" I smile as he smiles back

"Bye Dee" he hangs up

I sigh, walking to the living room. I turn on 'The Nanny' and text the family group chat

Dee
just got to the house.
severe makeover necessary

Momma🧸
Only gonna be there for a
couple months.
You'll be fine🥰

Pops🫀
Send pictures.

Dee
Attachment: 5 photos

Pops🫀
🤣🤣🤣🤣Sorrows and prayers

Momma🧸
It could be worse🫠

Dee replied to Pops🫀
sir u r way too old to
be on tiktok😒

Pops🫀
Your husband is too old to have
video game posters up.
Don't make me call Porsche!

Dee
ma get ur husband

Momma🧸
I'm single w no kids.
Who are you little girl?

Dee
both of y'all are old and wrinkly
bye.

I roll my eyes and laugh at them

~~
3:25pm

"Hello?" I answer my moms call

"Hello my dear," she replies in a chipper tone

"Oh you not single n barren no mo?"

She hmphs "How was the birthday trip? I saw y'all on the WAGs page"

"Ma why do you follow WAGs" I chuckle under my breath "It was good. I never got to tell you like... everything"

"I heard Gelo and his thing broke up"

"Yea, it was crazy. I told you I ain't like her though"

"Mhm" she acknowledges

"So we went clubbing and I got a little tipsy-"

"You got drunk n nasty?" I can hear the smile without even seeing her

"Kinda" I scratch my head and clear my throat

"Ok, nasty. What y'all do?"

"So we drank- like a lot. N then he took a body shot andddddd the alcohol just took over. Went back to the airbnb, he said he couldn't do nun cause we were both wasted. He was actually really cute about it and respectful. Anyways, he go to sleep, I'm like half awake. N I just couldn't deal no more and woke him up. Did the thanggg and yea"

"Did what thang"

"All the thangs ma"

"Nasty asses, I thought you was celebate"

"I was until that liqua started talkin" I shrug "It's not like we not engage, might as well act like it"

"Mmmm..." moment of silence, "Is he acting the same after this?"

"He's actually sweeter, more clingy. We're actually starting to like each other and more"

"What you mean 'and more'"

"Enjoying e-" I here the lock on the front door twisting "I think he's home"

"Mk, well call me later to tell me how living together works. Love you"

"Alright, love you too" I hang up just as Melo walks in

"My love," Melo puts the grocery back on the coffee table and climbs on top of me

"I missed you," he squeezes my tight and burrows into my neck

"I missed you too, babe" I hug tightly around his neck with a large smile.

I'm not sure how to explain the excitement I feel knowing and feeling that he's missed me as much as I've missed him. To be in his arm, under him, around him, it fills me with so much joy I don't know what to do. My heart hurts with so much excitement, my brain slows, my lungs don't function completely, I can't breathe because I'm so overjoyed. Because of Him.

Today marks the day our relationship- our marriage agreement begins.

Today starts our life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 875 26
mya x zo ______ sequal
53.8K 904 25
Naiara Bryant is a famous basketball player in LA, voted one of the best young females in America. When her family moves to Chino Hills, they move ri...
101K 2.8K 36
**SEQUEL TO PLAY WITH ME** Leilani and Melo are living their best life together putting aside all that has happened but....What happens when a new bo...
158K 2.6K 37
"you act as if I don't have feelings for you." "cause you never said anything bout it." ((Things happen fast in this book sometimes but there will be...