Mistress of Death Amongst Imm...

By Ninjettey

Leilani Alula Potter, the first girl to be born into the Potter line, has vanished, along with Hermione Grang... More

Cast
Decision Made
Leaving
Arrival
Pilot
Poll
Comet Tails
Curious
Oops
Storytime
Riley the Prick
Playing With Fire!
Surprise!
Siriusly
New Arrivals
Diary Entry and Moonrise
Doppel-Napping
Is That a Horcrux?
Tea Party
Question
Death Cleans House
12144
Date Night
Dinner Party
Memories
Running With Wolves
Reunion
Wenches
Burnt
Black, Blue, Red

What the Hell is a Boggart?!

1.9K 93 34
By Ninjettey

It was mid-day when Kol found his way into the library. He had spent the majority of his time after being undaggered in Hermione's Sanctuary. He wasn't avoiding his siblings per se, he just felt like they would be bothered with his presence. Especially considering he was working with witches to construct a dagger that would work on Niklaus. Kol only wanted to dagger his older brother so he would know how it felt after a century or two. It was petty, he knows that, but it would have been worth it. Just so he could say, "See! That's how it feels!"

However, now that their father has been eliminated, Kol has been left on his own. Which is where he is now, the library inside the Potter home. And he didn't know where to start. He stood in front of the long table just staring into space when someone came into the room.

"Hello? You must be Kol?" Lavender had wanted to find a moment of peace without being isolated in the room she was given. The library seemed like the best place. She and Pansy were becoming accustomed to this world quite easily since the differences weren't many. Pansy had decided to wander around the town with Regulus and Minerva. The three of them offered for her to go with them but she politely declined. Entering the library, she was surprised to find one of the oldest vampires from the world lost in thought. She thought he was a very handsome man, but he looked so lost.

Kol faced the new person, "The one and only, darling. And who might you be?" "Lavender," She extended her hand for him to take. Kol lightly grasped her hand and kissed her knuckles like a true gentleman. He politely dropped her hand and Lavender cleared her throat. She asked, "Are you looking for something in particular? I may be able to help."

He smiled at the young girl and faced the bookshelves, "I don't know where to begin." Lavender moved to stand next to him, "Well, what is it you're trying to achieve?" "To answer that, I would have to tell you how I became an Original Vampire," Kol says. Lavender sat in the nearest comfy armchair and gestured for the one next to her. Kol sat and took a breath, "My siblings and I have lived and roamed the Earth for over a thousand years. When we were human, I was a protege in witchcraft. When I would have reached maturity, I could have surpassed my mother." Darkness filled his expression as he thought about what his mother had done, "But when my mother turned us into what me and my siblings are, I lost that connection with nature and with it my ability to practice magic."

Lavender's heart broke for Kol, "Oh, that is so sad. In our world whenever a witch or wizard became a vampire their magic would become stronger. Although, the breed of vampire was different. Their skin was pale, eyes were black, and they seemed more animalistic than human. But the author who wrote about them was very prejudiced. The only vampire I ever met was nothing but kind and a gentleman. He was visiting an old professor of mine during the holidays and answered questions for some of the students. So, what is it you're trying to achieve?"

The Original smiled at the enthusiastic girl, "I would like to be able to practice magic again." Lavender smiled as she stood up, "Alright, let's start with the basics. Since our magic is different, we'll start with Magical Theory, History of Magic, Wand lore, Ancient Runes, Numerology and Grammatica, Herbology, and Magical Drafts and Potions." Several books quickly floated from different shelves and landed on the table in front of Kol. He stood from his seat and was going to start skimming through them when Lavender put her hand over his.

She quickly let go and tried to hide her blushing cheeks, "These are the basics. Besides our school textbooks. Magical Theory, History of Magic, and Wand lore can help explain how our magic works. Though some of the theories are a little outdated. Numerology and Grammatica in conjunction with Ancient Runes are the baseline for creating new spells and being able to calculate the outcome. Herbology and Potions is pretty self-explanatory. Maybe the answer you're looking for is to create a spell and/or a potion to give you the ability to practice magic."

"Thank you, darling. You have been very helpful," Kol really was thankful. They once again smiled at each other then went about reading in silence. It was late in the day that Fred and George ventured into the library for a spell book and found the Original. They conversed with Kol and told him if he needed help on creating the spell just to ask either of them. Kol thanked the both of them and asked what they were up to. "No good," Was the short answer given in unison. Lavender just shook her head at the troublemakers and continued to read her book.

Speaking of books, Bill, Hermione, Minerva, Severus, and Leilani had finished creating the book to monitor magic. After Leilani explained the young boy, Josh, was a muggle-born from this world they all worked on charming the book and its monitor devices. Two separate crystal pendulums that would swing when an influx of magic would occur. The pendulums were set to cover the entire world, which was not an easy feat. Once the magic was detected, an entry was revealed. The color of the entry would depend on the magic. Black ink was for safe or relatively harmless. Red is for harmful magics no matter the severity. And Blue was for an accidental magic outburst. Minerva cast the final spell to activate the monitors, "Now, we wait."

Inside the Lockwood home, what was left of the council met. Carol was outraged by the disrespect her son and brother-in-law showed and wanted to remove the ones who caused her family to pull away. The sheriff wanted to cleanse the town of all the supernaturals and gain control once again. The rest of the council members were just eager to rid the town of all abominations. Carol was staring out of the study window facing the Potter home. She sighed, "These people have caused nothing but trouble the moment they moved into my town. I want them gone, no matter how it is achieved. Tyler won't even speak to me because he is too busy with them."

Liz nodded her head, "Caroline has not come home. She would rather stay at the Potter's." Liz couldn't care less about Caroline since she has become a vampire, but she had an image to uphold. She felt calling her ex-husband to try and "fix" their daughter was the best solution. And since that did not work, a stake to the heart is the only option. Liz has already grieved for her daughter when she learned Caroline was a vampire, so...She internally shrugged.

Carol scoffed, "That entire household needs to be put down." One of the council members spoke up, "There's children in that home." Carol turned to face the guy who spoke, "They're abominations, all of them!" A new voice enters the room, "Perhaps I can help." Esther walked in and sat down in an armchair like she owned the place. "Who are you?" Liz unclipped her gun holster. Esther waved her off, "I'm not a threat to you. I only want to help." Carol observed the woman, "How would you help?" Esther snickered, "My children are amongst those abominations. I only wish to right the wrong I committed 1000 years ago." And so, Esther, Carol, Liz, and the council came up with a plan to destroy the Originals and the rest.

Kol had read through the books he was given and wanted to learn more. He ignored his siblings sitting around the table quietly discussing their next move while skimming the books Kol had finished. Lavender and Pansy were working on a spell for their own cosmetic needs when shouting was heard from further into the library.

When he pulled a large, heavy tome off a dusty shelf in a dark corner, Kol had disturbed a Boggart. Apparently, it traveled undisturbed in the shelves through the dimensions. Lavender and Pansy pulled their wands and ran to where the shout originated. The Mikaelson siblings were right behind them. They thought Kol was being dramatic. What they came across was heartbreaking. Kol was cowering against a bookshelf with his arms shielding his face. An image of Finn's hateful glare standing with Elijah who was adjusting his cuffs while telling him, "You are worthless and unwanted. Should have left you daggered." The image shifts before anyone could move. It is now Rebekah telling Kol, "I never loved you. None of us love you." Again, the Boggart shifts to Niklaus, "I should keep you daggered. That way we don't have to deal with you!"

Finally, Lavender moves to stand in front of Kol and the Boggart shifts. It reshapes into a man who was mostly beast during the final battle at Hogwarts. This was the werewolf that attacked Lavender, scaring her face and body, and changing her into something less human. She held her head high, aimed her wand, "Ridiculous!" The werewolf shifts into a fluffy, Husky puppy chasing his tail. Lavender loudly laughs at the image. Pansy then moves Lavender aside and gains the Boggart's attention.

The Boggart swirls and shifts into her parents. Her mother screeches, "You're a disgrace. We raised you to be a Pureblood wife and Lady of the House! You were raised to continue your bloodline!" Her father downright calls her, "You are nothing but a Pureblood broodmare!" Pansy steels her nerve, "Ridiculous!" The Boggart was becoming weak. The image of Pansy's parents shifted to horses wearing her parent's clothes. Pansy burst out laughing with Lavender joining her. The Boggart tried to shift into a new image but was too weak. Instead, it kept shifting and getting smaller and smaller until it vanished.

A pale, shaking Kol stood from where he was cowering and faced his siblings. "Kol? Is this what you think of us?" Rebekah asked with tears in her eyes. Kol didn't answer, he was trying to not let himself seem vulnerable. But it was useless. They all could see Kol was holding back his emotions. Elijah tried to speak to him next, "Kol? Please, say something." Instead of saying anything, Kol pushes past all of them and speeds to the room he was given when not in the Sanctuary and sits on the end of his bed. He did not want their pity. A little later, Lavender knocks and enters his room. She had a tumbler of Bourbon with some calming drought and a few drops of blood mixed in. She hands him the tumbler then just sits next to him but stays quiet. She, too, was shaken from seeing her Boggart.

The rest of the Mikaelson siblings on the other hand were deeply disturbed by what they saw. They don't understand what that was. So, Elijah asks Pansy, "What was that thing?" Pansy brushes off the invisible lint from her top trying to stop her hands from shaking, "That...Was a Boggart. It takes the shape of your worst fears." It felt like the air was knocked out of their lungs. What that thing said to Kol is what he fears they feel toward him. "Kol fears we don't love him," Rebekah wanted to sob. "But we do love him. He's our brother. We get annoyed with each other from time to time but we're siblings. That's what we do," She added.

Leilani, Damon, and Sirius were up to no good. Leilani had mentioned to Sirius that she had his motorcycle in the garage. Sirius had the brilliant idea of flying it over the town and scaring the townsfolk. Leilani laughed but suggested they fly over the next town over and blame it on a UFO. Damon laughed at them both and tagged along because it sounded like fun. They were opening the garage when George regretfully had to spoil their fun. He informed them of the Boggart incident and then went back inside. They followed inside to check on everyone and search the library for any more hidden creatures.

Luckily, no other creatures were found amongst the shelves in any part of the library. Damon was sitting with Klaus trying to get him to cheer up, "You know Lei, Sirius, and I were going to do something incredibly stupid. But thankfully we were stopped." Klaus gave a small, sad smile, "What were you going to do?" "Sirius' motorcycle can fly," Was all that Damon said. Leaving much to the imagination. That got all the siblings thinking about a flying motorcycle and wondering what havoc could be caused.

Kol spent a couple of days in his room. It was Finn that got him to come out. The eldest male sibling enticed Kol with visiting the dragons. Kol felt at home around the dragons to the point Charlie had begun to have Kol help with the younglings. Kol enjoyed spending time with the dragons, even when a youngling hiccupped and nearly set him on fire. Finn sat back with the Chinese Fireball and watched Kol tend to the dragons and smiling every now and then. The pair of brothers spent the rest of the day and part of the night in the Sanctuary.

During dinner the dining table had to be extended and every chair full. It was now that Klaus stood to gain everyone's attention, "Evening everyone. Over the past few months, Mystic Falls has been our home. However, it is not where we truly like to be. This town has some bad memories from our past that we like to forget. Make no mistake, we have made a few good memories with our new friends and family." Everyone raised their glasses with him. But he wasn't done, "However, my siblings and I have decided to move back to New Orleans. The city we built but had to leave a hundred years ago.

"It has come to our attention that someone we hold dear, and thought had died is very much alive. And we would like to reconnect with my adopted son, Marcellus. If any of you would like to join us, we will be leaving within the next few weeks." Klaus sat back down. Lei stood and regained everyone's attention, "I'll be the one to say it. Since the encounter with Esther, this town has become less inviting. We all may need to leave before drastic measures are taken. Especially with Esther still on the loose."

Leilani said what most were thinking. Stefan spoke up, "Elena has tried numerous times to break into the Boarding house. She is also becoming a nuisance." Damon snorted, "I'll say. Last time she was there I had to wash all my clothes since she thought it was a good idea to wear them and then put them back into my drawers. Stefan and I are here most of the time, so she sees it as an opportunity to snoop. Should just kill the bitch and get it over with." Hermione suggested, "We can alter her memories. Make her forget all about magic and the supernatural." "That would be the best option. Do the same for the adults of this town and then leave," Alaric gave his opinion. He may not agree with Elena's behavior, but he doesn't want her dead and hurt Jenna like that.

Alaric, Jenna, and Jeremy were already talking about moving away from Mystic Falls. To somewhere less likely to have so much supernatural drama. Elena refused to consider leaving her childhood home and will be staying. She is going to get a rude wakeup call when the utilities get shut off, and the mortgage is not paid. Elena will end up moving in with her aunt Jenna anyways.

Once Mason and Tyler returned the matter of moving was discussed and decided. Everyone will be moving to New Orleans in about a month including Mason and Tyler. The teenager could switch schools and stay with his uncle, it's not like his mother cared for him anyways. The only one who was reluctant to move is Minerva. She quite likes the small town. So, she agrees to help alter the town's memories so she could continue to reside in Mystic Falls.

Their plans may need to happen sooner than they think with the Council and Esther plotting against them.

AN: Shorter chapter. The next is moving to NOLA, but not before dealing with Esther again. Damon/Lei/Klaus will officially start dating after moving.

A new "Diagon Alley" is going to be built in NOLA? Name suggestions? The entrance will be in Rousseau's after it is bought by the Mikaelson's.

Stefan/Luna, Kol/Lavender, Pansy/Marcel(eventually), Freya/Rodolphus, Charlie/Caroline, Draco/Rebeka are the other pairings. Any suggestions for Fred and George?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 4.3K 30
What if Elijah Mikaelson an Original Vampire had a child? Could she change their destiny? And maybe not only their faith, maybe watching her life cou...
3.2K 59 12
Azalea Montgomery is a hybrid. The first and only of her kind. what happens when her best best friend calls her to mystic falls to help him fight an...
101K 2.9K 41
Edward leaves Bella in new moon. She starts moping around. Mystic Falls is having some vampire problems. Liz calls Charlie asking for some help with...
538 29 19
Takes place: Mystic Falls after Hermione finishes hogwarts. How can something so wrong feel so .. right? Hermione Granger and Klaus Mikaelson go on...