The Capitol's Siren (Finnick...

By ollieluvyou

Cordelia Benham a 16 year old girl gets reaped into the Hunger Games. Cordelia was left to fend for herself a... More

•PROLOUGE•
•CAST•
•ACT ONE (ℙ𝕣𝕖-ℍ𝕦𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣 𝔾𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕤)•
•𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐚𝐲•
•𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧•
𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐥
𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲
𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬
𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐡
𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐏𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐬
❝𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐇𝐢𝐦❞
𝐑𝐚𝐠𝐞
𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫
𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎(ℙ𝕣𝕖-ℍ𝕦𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣 𝔾𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕤)
𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐃𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬
𝐌𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞
𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐞
❝𝐇𝐞 𝐀𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝❞
𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦
𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐬
𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝟔𝟗𝐭𝐡 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬
𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝟕𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬
𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐚..
𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐥
𝐒𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬
𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧
𝐃𝐚𝐦
𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲
𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐭
𝟕𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤

𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬

1.6K 41 1
By ollieluvyou

◦╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╱◇╲╳╳╳╳╳╳╳◦

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚞𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜.

- 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚛 𝚁𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚝 

I stayed up to see John's score and he got a 9. I'm honestly really nervous about tomorrow. Caesar is most likely going to ask me how I got my score and I don't know what to tell him. I can't just say 'oh yeah, I threw a knife at one of your gamemakers.' that wouldn't work and would take away all of my sponsors.

I head back to my room after saying goodnight to everyone. I put on my pajamas and turn off my lights.

※※※

I wake up to Winnie knocking on my door. I get up and head to the shower. I scrub my hair with sea smelling shampoo and conditioner. I wash my body with a honey apple body wash. It smells like home during the winter. We wouldn't get harsh winters or snow storms, but when it would get colder I would go over to Mags' house and she would bake me some carmel apples.

When I'm out of the shower I walk out of the bathroom and I see Tigris sitting on my bed. She hands me a robe and we walk out of the room and head to another room like the one we first met in.

My prep team comes in and I realize I never got their names so I ask, "I never got any of your names. Can you tell me?"

"I'm Appia." The one with pink hair says.

"Zelena," the one with purple hair says with a smile.

"And I'm Castus, but you can call me Cas." the one who looks most normal says. I smile and they start on my makeup.

About an hour later Zelena says, "I think we are done."

I start to get up to look in the mirror, but they push me back into the chair. "We were given specific rules to not let you see until you are fully done." Cas says.

I sit back down and they leave the room leaving me by myself waiting for Tigris.

Tigris walks into the room with a big white bag with most likely my dress. She walks up to me and opens the bag.

It's a beautiful blue dress with spaghetti straps and tool everywhere. It has silver designs at the bottom of the bodice that makes a seamless flow into the bottom that flows out. She pulls a light out of the bag and points it onto the dress.

"It will sparkle when you step out on that stage." Tigris says. And she's right. It is really sparkly. Not enough to kill your eyes, but just enough to where it's really pretty.

I step into the dress and she zips up the back. Tigris then pulls out a pair of silver high heels. They're not too tall. Just enough to where I won't trip and fall on my face.

Tigris then goes to curl my hair. She takes some of the pieces near the front of my face and pins them back to make some sort of a crown. She digs in another bag and grabs some small starfish and seashells. Another thing she pulls out of her bag is the sparkle spray. She sprays that all over me and when she's done I walk over to the mirror to see the final look.

When I look in the mirror it's like my breath has been taken away. I look so good. I don't even recognize myself. My makeup is beautiful. There is light blue eyeshadow that only stays on my eyelid this time and blends out to just my skin tone. There are some pearls around my eyes in random spots. There is eyeliner too that pulls into a cat eye. The mascara is again on the outer parts of my eyes and I think this time they put false eyelashes on me because my eyelashes are not that long.

I turn around and give Tigris a hug. Which she doesn't hug back.

"Come on Tigris, this could be the last time you are styling me." That gets her to crack and she hugs me back. When we pull from the hug I think I even see a small smile.

She clears her throat and says, "Let's get you down there."

We walk out of the room and head towards the elevator. When the elevator stops we are at the interviewing stage. I see Finnick and Cody talking to a nervous Adrian. Tigris walks me over to them and when Finnick turns around he looks like he just caught the biggest fish ever.

"You look beautiful Kiddo." Cody says, walking up to me and putting an arm around my shoulder. "What about you Finnick, what do you think about her outfit?" He says in a mocking tone.

Finnick clears his throat and says, "You look beautiful, Dels." He comes up to me and gives me a hug. I smile.

"You don't look too bad yourself, seaweed brain." I say with a smirk.

"You wound me, princess." He says with a hand to his heart.

"You'll get over it." I say walking away from him. I walk over to Adrian who looks scared.

"How are you doing buddy?"

"I'm nervous. We go in tomorrow and what if I say something wrong out there today."

"You won't say anything wrong. Just go with what Caesar says okay." I tell him with a small smile. He nods and looks up to the screen where Selena Plinth is just finishing up her interview.

The district 3 tributes get called up and soon it's time for Adrian. I watch him walk on stage and talk to Caesar. Soon enough someone comes out and calls my name telling me to get on the stairs to get ready to go next.

"Next we have a very special tribute. You all love her. Cordelia Benham!"

I walk out on stage. The lights are super bright so I have to try and adjust them before walking. When my eyes adjust I look out to the sea of people cheering for me. I put on a smile and wave as I make my way over to Caesar.

"Why hello there dear. It is so great to meet you." Caesar says.

"Well it's an honor to meet you." I say with a smile.

"Oh I bet it is. Anyways, how do you feel about being in the Capitol?"

"It's wonderful here. I love to see everyone's beautiful faces." I say with a fake smile. Everyone here is so fake.

"So, Cordelia, do you have a special someone at home?"

"No. It's just me and my siblings." I say with a sad smile.

"What do you mean just you and your siblings?"

"Well, my parents died last year and I worked really hard to keep them out of an orphanage." I say

"It must have been hard."

"Yeah. It's really hard being away from them right now. I just want to know if they're okay."

"We hope they are okay too. If you wouldn't mind telling us how you got the highest score of these games?" There it is. The question I have been dreading the most. I have to just say something random.

"I can't go telling my secrets now can I Caesar. I guess you'll just have to wait and see in the games." I say with a smirk on my face.

Caesar laughs and says, "I can't wait. One final question. How is it having Finnick as your mentor?"

"It's great. I mean me and Finnick have been friends for years. He's wonderful help. He actually would go out of his way to help me and my siblings when we were in need." I say with a genuine smile. Finnick has always been my person. He always would help me when I needed it even if I told him not to.

"Finnick is just great isn't he. Anyways, that is all we have time for today ladies and gentlemen. Please give a hand to Cordelia Benham!" I wave and give Caesar a kiss on his cheek and walk off the stage.

When I'm out of sight from the Capitol people my smile is wiped off my face and I take the heels off my feet. I walk up to Finnick and hug him.

"You did great out there. You have a load of sponsors waiting for you when you get in that arena." He whispers in my ear. We break the hug and he sees the tears in my eyes so he quickly takes me to the elevator.

When we get to our floor I run to my room to wipe off all this makeup and to get out of this dress and into my pajamas.

I wipe everything off in the shower and put on my silk pajamas. I walk out of my room and grab an apple. I walk over to Finnick and sit next to him. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I know. It will be hard. I just need you to stay strong. Stay strong for Casp. Maisy. Stay strong for me." He whispers in my ear.

I nod. "Can you stay in my room tonight?"

"Of course." We walk out of the living room and head to my bedroom. Finnick lays down and opens up his arms so he can hug me close to his chest.

"Forever?" I ask

"And Always." Finnick says in a whisper.

◦╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╱◇╲╳╳╳╳╳╳╳◦

𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐬. 𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤. 𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞. 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬. 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞. 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐑!!! 𝟏𝟔𝟔𝟏 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 16 12
❝I save others to forget I don't know how to save myself.❞ ➳➳➳ When one has no prospect of life, what shall they do? When their death is guaranteed f...
1.8K 80 36
(REUPLOADED - again...deleted at 3k reads) Like all children in his world, 14-year-old Finnick Odair had the chance of being chosen for the Hunger Ga...
352K 16.2K 22
"𝘈𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘢 𝘋𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘯, 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 73𝘳𝘥 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴. 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦...
422K 8.6K 112
• pre-hunger games -> post-mockingjay pt 2 • Finnick Odair X female OC •I edit as I post the chapters (if I can be bothered) A story in which two...