Drama Queen's Chauvinist (#3)

By lovebirds15

"You are a jerk!" I yelled. "You are impossible!" he yelled back. "You are so stupid," I told him angrily. "... More

Story Details
Ego's Clash
Flat-Enemies' Terms
Koalemos' Child
Enemy's Move
Game's Rule
Hospital's Owner
Night's Events
Thanksgiving's Dinner
Lia's Treat
Loose Ends' Fix
Christmas' Eve
Holiday's Trip
Single's Dilemma
Rake's Thoughts
Storm's Night
Valentine's Night
Heart's Sorrow

Trip's Day

220 14 32
By lovebirds15

Lia

"I am driving!" 

"No, I am!"

"No, I am. It is my car!" 

"We are gonna get late!"

"I wanna drive!" 

"This trip is a disaster right from the start."

That's exactly how we started the morning of the second last day of the year.

After that night two days ago, we all decided to meet the next evening and decide the place where we wanted to go.

After a short discussion, we all settled on the fact that we wanted to make it a three day road trip which included a bit of camping and stargazing for New Year's Eve.

Now, the best spot for a really amazing stargazing and camping experience is usually far from the main city and has to be somewhere in a hilly region.

The nearest such place we could find was in Maine, which is located a few states northwest of New York. 

Once the place was decided, we had to settle on the mode of transport. Although we could have just flown there, we wanted to enjoy the snow too which we would get to see only during this time of the year. There was the fear of icy roads of course, but we all were experienced drivers and we knew we would enjoy it. Hence, we decided to drive there instead.

Now, this is where the problem started.

Once we had settled all the luggage inside the car, we realised that none of us had discussed who would drive and all of us wanted to.

Hence, for the last thirty minutes, we are trying to come to a decision we all would agree on.

"Look, this isn't going anywhere. Why don't we just toss a coin and decide?" Amy suggested.

"It is four of us and there are just two sides of a coin," I reminded her.

"Well, we can pair up for the first round and then the side that wins gets the second round," she shrugged.

"That's so not fair!" I complained.

"It is the only option I can think of. You have better ideas, be my guest," she said, raising her hands in surrender.

I huffed in annoyance and looked at the guys who were also trying to think of something.

"I think this is it," Aaron nodded, "Mel and I are a team and you guys are the other."

"Obviously, you'll say that. You and Amy make a good team. Me and this crazy woman? Not so much. We wouldn't even agree on the side to pick," Drama Queen scoffed.

"You think I wouldn't agree with you on just a side to pick?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"Would you? Cause the track record says against it," he told me.

"It is just a side of a coin! You think I am so stupid? Or else you think that I just want to fight with you all the time? Do you think I am such a quarrelsome person?" I scowl.

"Well, do you want me to answer that with honesty?" he asked.

"You -"

"Stop it!" Aaron yelled.

"Can you both ever not fight?" Amy asked looking at us.

"We all know the answer to that, Mel. That is irrelevant. The real question here is how do you both find ways to fight from nothing at all?" Aaron asked us.

"You think I ask stupid questions?" she scoffed at him.

"When did I say that?" he raised his hands in question.

"You just said that we all know the answer to the question I asked. It means I am dumb and ask stupid questions," she shrugged and looked away angrily.

What's going on? That's so not like Amy.

"Hey, you did ask a pretty dumb question there," Aaron told her.

That's not the right thing to say right now, you dumb man.

"You are just calling me dumb now," Amy scoffed.

"Well, I just said the truth," he shrugged.

"You think I am dumb for real?" Amy looked at him in shock.

Okay, this is turning up bad.

"Aaron, Amy, it was just a joke," Drama Queen said to get them to cool down.

"No, it wasn't," Amy glared at Aaron.

"Amy, I am sure Aaron didn't mean that. You are just reading too much into it," I tried to tell her.

"What the heck?" Amy scoffed, "How conveniently you have managed to turn everyone against me!"

Aaron looked at her in disbelief, "I haven't said anything to them."

"No, of course you haven't. I am really the bad person here now, am I not?" she said looking hurt.

"Amy, calm down, okay? It was just a joke," I told her.

"Yeah, yeah, let's just go, okay? It doesn't matter who drives. We need to leave," Drama Queen said and pointed to the car.

"You know what? I think I don't wanna go any more," Amy scoffed as she glared at Aaron.

"I can't believe you right now, Mel," Aaron scoffed.

Amy bit her lip briefly and continued looking at him before she suddenly started laughing hard.

"What the heck? You were supposed to continue it!" Aaron cribbed, laughing with her.

"I couldn't control it anymore," she raised her hands in defeat and laughed harder.

What the heck?

"Are you both kidding me right now?!" drama queen and I said in unison.

I looked at him and he looked at me. We both made a face at each other and looked back at them.

"I thought you both were fighting for real," I stomped my foot.

"I thought this is gonna end up bad and then Mom will find some wild reason to blame it on me and then, finally, kill me for it. I was scared for my life," Drama Queen scoffed.

They both laughed harder and Aaron placed his arm around Amy and hugged her from the back.

"Now, you know how we feel when you both fight like kids?" Amy smirked at us.

"Besides, Mel and I? Fighting for such dumb reasons?" Aaron scoffed, "Not in a million years. Mel is not like that."

Amy smiled and kissed him lightly.

Aww, so cute.

They broke the kiss and looked at us. 

"So, now the driver?" Drama Queen asked.

"Didn't you just say it doesn't matter?" Aaron asked him.

"That was because I thought you both were arguing. Not anymore!" he scoffed.

Aaron shook his head and said, "Why don't we do this? We split into two teams. Mel and I are one and you two are the second. It is a twelve-hour drive. We split it into six hours each. Whichever team drives first right now will drive second when we return so that we get to experience both day and night driving. Between the teams, you can split as you want."

I frowned for a minute and asked drama queen, "I drive three, you drive three? Return trip we shall decide based on the roads?"

"Sounds fair," he nodded.

"Cool," I said and we nodded at Aaron.

"Finally!" Amy sighed and pulled a coin out of her pocket, "Heads or tails?"

Drama queen looked at me and raised his eyebrow.

"I am fine with any. Just pick," I told him.

"Heads we drive right now. Tails you drive right now," Drama Queen told her.

Amy nodded and flipped the coin. 

It was tails!

I pressed my lips in annoyance and got into the back seat of the car.

Drama Queen got in after me and I shifted to the leftmost side of the car, leaving enough space between us. Aaron too got into the passenger seat as Amy started driving.

The stereo was playing in the background as we started talking about random things until the city was left behind and the high rises turned into small homes and those turned into flatlands covered in snow.

Some people would say that it is nice to drive through this region during the summer or the fall season as right now all you would see is dead trees and snow. But, for me, this is the best thing ever.

One would assume that after all these years of living in Canada, I would have had my share of snow-covered mountains and lands and I must be done with it. But, on the contrary, I can never be done with it. I just love the feel of the cold weather and the snow it brings with it.

After about three hours of driving, we had reached the end of the flatlands and were going into the mountains. Amy pulled over the car in near a small shop at the edge of a mountain and we got out of it to stretch our legs.

"Anyone wants to eat something? We can get it from the trunk or this shop. From the maps, the road ahead looks to be tumulous and I feel the car won't stop for a while now?" Aaron said.

"I'll get the crate of water bottles. Let's keep it in the front seat just in case," Drama Queen said and walked to the trunk.

"I'll use the restroom," Amy said and we nodded.

"Don't you wanna go too?" Aaron asked me as it was just two of us.

"Nope, I am good for now," I shook my head and smiled.

"It is beautiful, isn't it?" he said as he leaned against the car next to me and took in the snow-covered mountains in front of us.

"Yup, it is," I nodded and stared at the mountains.

He sighed, "I am glad the roads haven't iced already. It would have been no fun, to be honest. Also, I just hope that there is no blockage -"

Aaron was cut off as a huge ball of snow hit his face and I looked in the direction to see Amy laughing hard.

"Mel!" he yelled and rubbed his cheek.

"It was meant for either of you but, it went your way," she laughed and before I knew it another ball landed on my face.

"What the hell!" I yelled as she laughed harder.

I looked at Aaron and then, we both ran towards her and started hitting her with snowballs.

"Wait, wait, this isn't fair!" she laughed as she hit us back.

"You started it!" I yelled at her, "We were unarmed."

"Please! This is cheating! You both can't team up!" she laughed as we overpowered her.

"Everything is fair in love and war!" Aaron told her.

"That's so cliche!" she scoffed as another one of my balls hit her.

"Hey!" she yelled at me.

Suddenly, I felt someone hit me with a snowball on my back.

"What the -" I narrowed my eyes as I realised it was Drama Queen.

Before I could react, he threw another ball at Aaron.

"Need some help, Amy?" he yelled as he ran towards her.

"Sure do," she nodded and threw a right in my face.

Then, for the next twenty minutes, we battled in the snow laughing our asses off.

Finally, all of us were out of breath and stood heaving.

Aaron sat down on the snow we stood around him with our hands on our knees and back as we took our breaths.

"Tired already?" Drama Queen scoffed at me, "You are so weak."

"Huh, please. You are tired too," I said between my breaths, "Besides, I was clearly better than you at it."

"No way, I was definitely faster," he shook his head.

"That's cause I was trying to make bigger and stronger snowballs," I told him, flatly.

Aaron lay back on the snow, "Uh...I agree. That was so much fun but, equally tiring."

Amy clicked her tongue, "You're getting older, Aaron. I mean I already kind of expected that it would be sooner than normal. But, didn't think it would come this soon. I thought you'd make it until thirty at least."

"Care to repeat that? Whose getting older?" Aaron looked at her challengingly.

"You are," Amy teased.

"Uh huh?" Aaron muttered and kicked Amy's leg slightly, making her fall over him.

He rolled her over and started ticking her and throwing some snow at her.

"Stop, stop, stop," Amy laughed.

"Say the magic words," he said and continued.

"Aaron is not getting older," Amy said between her laughs, making Aaron stop.

He looked at her for a second and then, leaned down and kissed her hard, making me look away slightly.

Okay, it's alright. They are newly married.

Maybe it is just me and I have no idea why but, all these lovey-dovey things were starting to get a little weird for me.

Finally, when they were done, Aaron got up and pulled Amy up with him.

"Let's go?" he said as they swatted the snow off themselves.

We nodded and started walking towards the car.

I think I am gonna ask Amy to sit at the back with me. That way we can catch up a bit and finally, have our girl conversations and not just talk in a group. I am sure even she needs a bit of a break from being around Aaron all the time.

Unfortunately, I was too occupied thinking about it to notice that there was some ice around the edges and I stepped right over it, making me slip.

"Oh, oh," I caught the nearest thing that my hand fell on to stop myself from falling.

But, it didn't work because what I had tried to hold was not something or someone but rather a coat that someone was wearing.

Hence, I fell, and with me fell, the person wearing the coat.

"Ouch!" We yelled in unison as our foreheads collided and I opened my eyes to see that it was Drama Queen.

He winced and rubbed his forehead as I moved my hair away from my face.

Our eyes met, making me suddenly realise how close we were and it made me a bit uncomfortable. I honestly think it was the fall and not the close proximity that was making my heart beat faster but, who can tell for sure?

I stared into his caramel eyes for a minute and now, I could finally tell why so many girls were mad after him. The depths in them may be the reason that it was so easy for them to look past his dramatic and jerky behaviour.

Suddenly, he cleared his throat and got off me, bringing me back to reality.

"Can't you see and walk ever?" he scoffed and got up.

 I sat up straight and just looked away, swatting the snow off me.

"At least spare her a hand, Dan," Aaron told him.

Drama Queen rolled his eyes, "I am not gonna do it. You can try if you want."

What a jerk! He's got no manners.

As if you were gonna take his hand. My subconscious argued.

Yeah, well. I know I would have said no because I don't need anyone's help, but he should try.

You are obnoxious. My conscious scoffed as I got up.

We walked back to the car and I opened my mouth to tell Amy what I was thinking about. But, before I could, Aaron and Amy got into the driving seat and the shotgun, respectively.

"Amy -" I started but she was already inside by then.

"Huh?" she asked me as she pulled the seat belt.

"Umm....nothing," I smiled and shook my head.

"You sure?" she frowned.

"Yes," I nodded and got into the backseat beside the drama queen.

We glared at each other for a few seconds as the car started and then, he just opened his gaming device and started playing something on it. I turned to look at Amy who and talking to him, something about the roads.

I was trying to listen to them and join the conversation but, my eyes fell on Aaron's hand that was holding Amy's hand over the gearbox and my mood was gone. I sighed and plugged in my earphones.

Soon after, I started feeling sleepy and I didn't realise when I dosed off.

"Hey, Lia," someone nudged me after some time.

"Hmm..." I muttered as I rubbed my eyes and stifled a yawn.

"Lia, it has been three hours. It is Daniel's chance to drive," Amy told me.

"So, wake him up," I pouted in confusion.

"Yes, but you need to sit shotgun and give him company," she told me.

"But, Aaron can -"

"Dan, you sure you are fresh now? Otherwise, let Lia drive. Amy and I are gonna sleep so, Lia and you are gonna have to manage by yourselves. No fighting, okay?" Aaron said, cutting me off.

Drama queen nodded and washed his face. He poured some water over his head, wetting his hair and then ran a  hand through them. 

"Lia? You were saying?" Amy shook me again.

"Uh...nothing," I just shook my head and got out of the car.

I thought that Amy and  I could spend some time together while Drama Queen drives and Aaron sits by him. But, I guess, we can do that later.

I mean, of course, it is a long and tumulous road with very narrow lanes at some places and it is winter time. The driver has to be on his toes all the time and Aaron must be tired. We too did have our fair share of sleep, didn't we?

Aaron smiled at me and I smiled back.

He offered me a bottle of water and said, "Had a good sleep?"

"Yup," I nodded and drank a few sips.

He opened his mouth to say something but, was cut off as Amy winced, "Ouch!"

I was about to go to her but, Aaron beat me to it.

"Mel," he said as he rubbed her head that she had accidentally bumped while getting into the car.

"This isn't your car, Mel. The roof isn't high like that one," Aaron chuckled.

"I know. I am just so tired that my brain has stopped working and I mechanically bend a little less than I should have," she said.

"I know that. Here, let's just push the back seat a little and lie down," he told her as he pushed the backrest almost flat.

"If I lie down, where will you sit?" she frowned.

"I'll lie down next to you. We'll just cuddle," he winked at her.

She gave him a look and blushed a little before getting inside.

Okay, too much sweetness for my taste.

I gulped and looked away.

"Crazy woman, do you like forest areas?" Drama queen asked me.

"How does it matter to you?" I frowned.

"Nothing. I just thought you would like the jungle and its ways. I mean it coincides with your nature, you know? Do you wish to stay here for the rest of the trip?" he waggled his eyebrows at it.

"Oh, I would love to if only you stay too and I get to feed you to my wolf friends when they come to greet me at night," I smiled at him.

He clicked his tongue, "Ah! I would have said yes to it, but I have plans, you see? So, I'll just call a raincheck this time. Maybe next time?"

"Think about it. There may never be another time when we are together, going through a forest during winter?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Maybe, maybe not. Let's leave the future to it," he told me.

I shrugged and nodded.

He stared at me for a minute and then said, "You're sure you don't wanna stay?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I already told you, no."

"Then, what are you waiting for? Get in," he rolled his eyes and got inside the car.

He will never change, will he? Drama Queen.

I got inside the car and while I was hooking in my seatbelt, I saw Aaron and Amy cuddling in the backseat. I was surprised at the calm look on their faces as Aaron had his hand wrapped around Amy's waist, who was lying almost over him.

How can they be so calm in such an uncomfortable position?

My attention was brought back to the road as the car started.

"Damn, we are almost two and a half hours behind the schedule," Drama Queen muttered.

That's when I noticed the clock.

Fuck! I didn't realise the time at all!

 We had started at seven thirty in the morning. We had been driving for six hours and had taken that one break because of the impromptu snowball fight, and then there was the driver shift stop. Thus, it was already almost three in the afternoon. I hadn't eaten anything solid since breakfast and I am pretty sure the car will not stop for another three hours. That means I am gonna have to starve until then.

Damn it! Now, I feel so hungry out of nowhere.

What do I do now? 

Ask him to stop the car at the next gas station.

Like he will agree! He will be a jerk about it and say that I am always hungry.

Just at that very moment, my stomach grumbled.

"You are hungry?" he asked, rubbing salt on my wounds.

"No, no. I am not," I lied.

"Your stomach is grumbling. Oh yeah, you haven't eaten since you woke up, right? It has been five minutes," he smirked.

See? Told ya, total douchebag.

"I am not hungry," I gritted.

"Quit lying and just have something from that huge food storage you call a handbag," he nodded towards my purse.

That's exactly where the problem is now.

"I don't get it. You have been eating non-stop since the trip started except for the two hours that you were dosed off. It just doesn't end. How can you carry so much food inside it? Is it something like Hermione's bag?" he joked.

How do I tell you now? I thought as I opened the purse and tried to find anything edible.

"You know what? I am not hungry," I said and pulled the chain.

Guess what? My stomach grumbled. Again. Just when I finished talking.

He frowned as he looked at me through the mirror.

He eyed the purse and then, finally, burst out laughing hysterically.

"It is finally...finally over, is it?" he laughed harder, making me fold my hands over my chest and look away.

He continued laughing for about a minute, making my lips twitch a bit too.

He finally slowed down when Aaron or Amy clicked their tongues slightly and groaned.

But, even then, he did continue chuckling, "Guess that's what I should have expected to happen at the rate you were eating."

"It wasn't even that much, okay?" I argued and shook my head.

"You haven't given even a bit of rest to your jaw muscles. I am still confused about where it all goes. Believe me, you eat like a whale," he nodded.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I am not using your money, am I? It is my wish. Besides, guess what? Your wishes have finally come true. No food for me for the next three hours at least."

I pouted at looked at the road ahead. 

"Come on, don't be so sad now. Just control for some time. We'll just stop at the next gas station," he told me.

"Really?" I asked happily.

"Yeah, it will delay us even further and we may not even get something vegetarian at the first one, you know? We might have to make a couple of stops, but that's fine. Food is more important," he taunted.

"You don't need to take so much trouble for me. I'll just grab whatever I can find. Even if it is just a pack of chips," I told him, twitching my lips in annoyance.

It isn't like I will take forever, is it? It is just food. We are already a bit late and what's the point of a road trip if you can't enjoy the route?

"That's great then. Let's stop in two hours," he told me.

"Two hours?!" I yelled in shock and he winced with wide eyes, pointing to the back.

I winced and whispered, "Two hours?"

"Yes, that's where the nearest gas station is," he told me.

"What the fuck!" I groaned, "Then, why did you even suggest it? Why give me hope when there is none?"

"I am saving you an hour of hunger. That's nothing for you?" he asked me in shock.

"A bucket from the ocean," I clicked my tongue and pouted.

"You know you call me a drama queen but, you are the dramatic one when it comes to food," he chuckled.

"Maybe," I said, lifting my chin, "But, I am proud to be who I am. Super proud."

He stayed silent for some time and I realised that it was because we were at a horseshoe bend and he wanted to be careful.

Once we were back on a straight road, he sighed and said, "Can you grab the black backpack from behind please?" 

In any other circumstances, I would have said no to doing any of his work. But, he is driving so, I have to give him that leverage.

I nodded and looked behind at the car floor, conveniently avoiding Aaron and Amy, so that I wouldn't feel any awkwardness just in case.

"Here. This one, right?" I asked as I brought the bag to the front.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Do you need your sunglasses?" I asked him.

I was kind of confused. I mean yes, it was sunny but, not enough to make a person wear their glasses.

"No. Open the first chain," he said without looking at me.

I opened it and there in front of me was a packet of instant ramen noodles. Vegetarian Ramen noodles.

I gulped and forced myself to look away.

"You can grab those and there is a thermos with hot water. so, feel free to use it," he said, making me turn to look at him in a whiplash.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"You can use those noodles. It is for you. We grabbed it while we all ate lunch while you were sleeping," he told me.

"Okay, I have a pandora of questions about that!" I said as my jaw dropped to the floor.

"Amy tried to wake you up for lunch but, you were too deep into your sleep. We too had the same noodles cause that shack had only this good option. I have already added the bill for that to your share for the trip. What else? Oh yeah, it is vegetarian if you haven't already seen it," he completed.

I hate to say this, but he does know me well.

"I still have one question?" I gritted, trying to keep my anger at bay.

"Shoot," he said.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me all of this before?!" I yelled, pouring all my anger into it.

He smirked and looked at me, "You really think the next gas station is two hours away?"

I winced and took a deep breath as I clenched my hand into a fist and punched him on his bicep.

"Hey, crazy woman! I am driving and this road is not safe for all this. Do you want me to crash the car and end up killing all of us?" he warned me.

"The road ahead is straight, there are no cars around us and I am fucking horribly pissed at you!" I yelled back, making him laugh.

I hate him so much! 

"I was so fucking hungry and you wasted thirty minutes of my time, just to have a laugh. Fuck you!" I told him angrily as I removed the pack of ramen noodles and followed the instructions.

He continued laughing as I started eating.

"Hmm," I moaned as I had the first bite, "This is so good."

"They are okay," he commented, "They just taste good cause you are that hungry."

"Obviously, you'll say that," I scoffed, "After all they aren't from any of your stupid overpriced restaurants, are they?"

"And we are at that again!" he sighed and shook his head, "How many times do I have to tell you, woman? It is not the price of things that makes them good. It is the taste. These ramen have no taste compared to the ones I make. If only you would agree to let me cook for you someday."

"No way. I don't wanna die before time," I shook my head making a face.

Suddenly, there was a sharp, familiar pain in my right knee. 

I winced as I rubbed it a little.

"You're okay?" he asked.

"Yes, I am. Don't bother," I narrowed my eyes at him.

He raised his eyebrows in frustration and then, stayed silent for some time.

After a while, when I had finished eating, the silence in the car suddenly felt too torturous.

It felt like it was taking an hour for each minute to pass.

Finally, I couldn't bear it and I said, "So, how's work?"

"Good," he frowned.

"Great," I nodded, praying that he would say something back.

"How's work for you?" he asked.

"Same as it was. Shifting to new wards after the break," I told him.

"Nice," he said and pursed his lips.

Damn it! How the fuck have we spent almost three months in the same house and still not have anything to talk about?

"So, you...uh..you like -"

"Do you want to start some music?" he cut me off.

"Yes, yes, music sounds good. Let's play it," I nodded and switched on the radio, sighing in relief.

"Thank goodness," he muttered under his breath, but I heard him.

I can't agree more! Small talk is definitely not our thing. We can argue, fight, and insult each other. But, no damn fucking small talk, please.

As the music played, I started looking at the roads and the mountains surrounding us.

"I can't believe these two are sleeping and missing out on all this," I muttered to myself, as I picked up my phone and recorded a few scenic, curves.

"Don't worry. They have seen enough while you were sleeping," he told me.

"Really?" I responded to him, without looking at him.

"Yup, some were even more beautiful than these," he said nodding towards the road ahead.

"Damn! I missed it. Why didn't anyone wake me up?" I pouted.

"Cause you were sleeping like a log. I thought you were a light sleeper," he told me.

"I am," I nodded.

"You weren't back then, for sure. You were snoring," he said.

"I wasn't!" I gasped taken aback.

"Oh, you were. I was gonna record it, but Aaron stopped me," he rolled his eyes, "He is really into the whole brother thing with you."

"I know and he did a very good job by not letting you record me," I nodded in appreciation.

"Point is, you were really tired. Deservingly so. I know you have had a very rough last few months at the hospital," he said.

"All thanks to -"

"Me. I know," he smirked.

I clenched my teeth together and was about to hit him on the arm when the car came to an unexpected halt.

I frowned and looked at the road to see two deers at a slight distance, chasing each other across the road and back.

I smiled as they kept running in circles and finally stopped in the middle, nuzzling each other.

"Guess they aren't used to many travellers at this time of the year," Drama Queen muttered, looking at them.

"I wonder what they must be thinking right now," I said.

"Maybe nothing at all. Maybe they are just contended with each other," he said.

"Why do you think they are nuzzling like that?" I asked, still not able to look away from the deers.

"I think they are expressing their love for each other by nuzzling," he said.

"Really?" I frowned.

"Yup. I think it is just their language of communication," he said as the deers disappeared into the forest once again and he started driving.

"Language of communication?" I frowned looking at him.

"Yeah, you know, everyone has a language of communication. Like for kids, they don't speak shit, but parents know what they need. With our family, we may not need to express ourselves in words but, you just get things like when they are depressed or happy. Language of communication. Whatever way you both are comfortable in talking to each other," he shrugged.

I frowned and looked at my nails, "Were you always this sensible or something has changed recently? Because that made some real sense to me for no reason."

He pressed his lips into a thin line as I chuckled, "I have always been sensible. You are the one who is nonsensical and loves to argue about everything I say."

"I love to argue? Are you serious?" I asked him.

"See? Again," he told me.

"That's cause it is so not true. I never argue without reason," I defended.

"You mean I give you reasons to fight with me?" he scoffed.

"Obviously! Just think about it. Why is it that I am always just fighting with you? Have you seen me like this with anyone except you?" I scoffed.

"That's just because you hate me and you are a chauvinist who thinks that everyone must listen to you," he accused.

"Well, you hate me too, you are a fucking drama queen who wants to make everything dramatic and of course, you need to listen to me cause I am way more sensible than you!" I accused him.

"Please, that's so not how-"

"It is definitely how -"

"Shut up!" yelled Aaron and Amy from the backseat, making us look at each other in shock as we bit our lips.

We stared at each other for five seconds before we bursted out laughing.

"We may not be good at making small talk but, we are definitely great at fighting over nothing at all," Drama Queen chuckled.

"True that," I chuckled.

I guess fighting is just our language of communication.

***********************************************************************************************

Hello Readers,

I am extremely, utterly and insanely sorry for this delayed update.

I was too busy with work, learning to drive and also, a bit not in the mood to write something nice and solid.

But, finally, I am back.

How was the chapter? Things changing a bit for the better, aren't they?

Please vote, share and comment

Thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585K 27.5K 60
"No! Don't-- Don't touch me." Her voice was trembling now because of her so much of crying session. She's getting weak. Physically too. "Okay!! okay...
124K 1.2K 86
"That's it, baby," he continues, his tone almost soothing, despite the filth spilling from his lips. "Take my cock. Take all of it." Baby. My belly f...
50.3K 977 45
College? No, this was paradise. Three years filled with partying, not so secret underground drug-deals, and hot-headed men sliding into beds like sn...
7.7K 961 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...