A Rose and the Bee

By RZren7374

<Pilot's heartbeat rising rapidly.> <Attempt to break free NO. 1... FAILED.> <Pilot's sustaini... More

Protocol Three... Failed.
Planet Remnant.
Introducing Stinger
Welcoming to Beacon
Renovations and 'Motions
A Giants Initiation
Food Fight!
Board games and Dilemmas
A clash of Steel
A/N
A/N 2 (Lord have mercy-)
A New Link
Duels with Caution
Bad news y'all
Sorry for my Laziness @_@

Interception of a Infiltration

214 4 4
By RZren7374

(NO-ONE POV-)

Inside a room are multiple people wearing suitrs and dresses, people enjoying their time talking to one another ending in laughter. One by one they are finding their partners to dance with but Ruby was only found standing alone with a glass fruit punch, soon enough Jaune comes by holding a glass for himself.

Jaune- "I see you're hiding at the punch bowl too."

Ruby- "Yup."

An akward silence happens between them.

Jaune- "To the socially awkward."

Ruby laughs before they both clink their glass together.

Ruby- "Sorry things didn't work out with Weiss."

Jaune- "Meh, it's fine; Neptune's pretty cool too. I get why she went with him."

Ruby- "What do you mean?"

Jaune- "Well, come on. Not many people can pull off blue hair."

Jaune said drinking from his glass of fruit punch.

Ruby- "No, I mean Weiss came to the dance alone."

Jaune in response choked and gagged from the surprising news.

Jaune- "Uh, what?!"

Ruby- "Yea, she said she had too much focus to worry about boys."

Jaune looks around and sees Neptune laughing along with two other people, grunting a bit before giving his punch to Ruby.

Jaune- "Hold my punch."

Ruby only watched Jaune head towards Neptune only to be stopped when he sees Pyrrha walking alone towards the balcony. She takes a sip from her punch before placing the cups down and grabs out her scroll and calls Stinger.

(BALCONY)

Jaune walks towards Pyrrha as she gazes away at the view.

Jaune- "Hey, Pyrrha."

Pyrrha turns around to face Jaune.

Pyrrha- "Hello Jaune."

A moment of silence was in the air till Jaune stepped closer to Pyrrha.

Jaune- "You okay? I haven't seen you tonight."

Jaune asked before stopping next to her.

Pyrrha- "Arrived late, I'm afraid."

Jaune- "Well, you look really nice."

Pyrrha- "Thank you."

Jaune- "Your, uh date isn't going to beat me up for saying that, is he?"

Pyrrha- "I think your safe for tonight."

Jaune- "So, where is the guy?"

Pyrrha akwardly turns towards Jaune once again and says..

Pyrrha- "There is no guy."

Jaune- "W-what?"

Jaune asked with a surprised manner.

Pyrrha- "Nobody asked me."

Jaune- "But that's... You're Pyrrha Nikos! H-how could nobody ask you?"

Pyrrha- "I've been blessed with incredible talents and opportunities. I'm constantly surrounded by love and praise, but when you're placed on a pedestal like that for so long... 

You become separated from the people that put you there in the first place. Everyone assumes I'm too good for them; That I'm on a level they simply can't attain, It's become impossible to form any sort of meaningful relationship with people.

That's what i like about you. When we met, you didn't even know my name. You treated me just like anyone else, and thanks to you I've made friendships that will last a lifetime. 

I guess you're the kind of guy I wish I was here with, someone who just saw me for me."

Pyrrha begins to leave as Jaune continues to look outward from the balcony.

Jaune- "W-wai-..."

Before he could finish his sentence, Neptune arrived to greet him.

Neptune- "Hey uhh, Jaune right?"

Jaune- "Yeah."

Neptune- "This party's pretty lame, huh? I mean, ballroom dancing."

Jaune- "Yeah."

Neptune- "Cute girls though huh?"

Jaune only grunts in annoyance.

Jaune- "Is that all you think about?"

Neptune only let out a "huh?"

Jaune- "D-do you even care about the girls you're hitting on? How the feel about you?"

Neptune- "Whoa, where's this coming from?!"

Jaune- "How could you just turn her down like that?"

Neptune- "Wait, w-who?"

Jaune raised his arms up in frustration.

Jaune- "Weiss!"

Neptune- "I, uh... it, uh... It just didn't work out. Y'know?"

Jaune- What? You think you're too cool? Too many other options?! Weiss Schnee asked you to dance. What in the world could possibly keep you from go-"

Neptune- "I can't dance."

Jaune- "I beg your pardon?"

Jaune asked stupefied.

Neptune- "I can't dance, man."

Neptune admitted with a higher pitched voice.

Jaune- "But, you're... so... cool."

Neptune- "Thank you. I try really, really hard."

Jaune- "You would rather break a girl's heart, and go to a dance alone, than... Just admit to everyone that you can't move in rhythm to music?"

Neptune- "That about sums it up, yeah."

Jaune starts to face away from Neptune.

Jaune- "Well, I certainly feel alot better about myself."

Neptune- "Please don't tell anybody- huh?"

Before Neptune could finish his sentence they say Stinger holding materials flying toward his warehouse.

Neptune- "Isn't that Stinger? No. Wait, back to the point. If you want Weiss, she's all yours. I don't want to get in your way."

Jaune sighs.

Jaune- "Do you like her?"

Neptune- "yeah, I mean, I don't know about her too well yet, but. She seems pretty cool."

Jaune- "Then just go talk to her. No pickup lines, no suave moves. Just be yourself.. I've heard that's the way to go."

Neptune- "yeah but that isn't-"

Jaune- "Hey, you don't have to look cool all the time. In all honesty, if you could be a little less cool, I'd really appreciate it."

Neptune- "Yeah, okay."

Jaune- "Go talk to her. I gaurantee it'll make her night."

Neptune- "Thanks, you're a really cool guy, Jaune."

Both Neptune and Jaune approach each other.

Jaune- "Alright, don't lie to my face."

They did a fist bump before Neptune leaves.

Jaune- "Alright, Only one thing left to do."

(OUTSIDE OF WAREHOUSE)

Emerald is seen outside the warehouse typing on her phone whilst attempting to stay out of sight, she looks around and heads to the doors smirking. As she entered she looked around, soon enough her eyes land on the weird structure in the center of the building which was Stinger's docking bay.

Emerald- "Ain't this interesting."

She takes a photo of it and goes around the warehouse, taking more photos of parts that include a finished MRVN arm and torso sitting on the tables. What caught her attention was a glowing hue, she soon found out the source to be a giant green battery which she immediatly took a photo of until she heard the sounds of thrusters and a loud thud outside the warehouse doors.

(EMERALD POV-)

I hid behind one of the tables when suddenly the sound of the warehouse doors could be heard and loud thumping noises. I peaked over the desk to see what looks like a paladin only skinnier, has blue glowing bits all over it's body and what looks like thrusters.

"That has to be the thing Ruby was talking to on here scroll."

I whispered to myself, taking photos of it as it set down the materials it was carrying. The moment I attempted to take my leave, I see a blue glow surround me.

Stinger- "Miss Sustrai, why are you here?"

I turned around to see the thing staring at me, crouching down to be closer to my height.

"I er.. Wanted to explore around Beacon but I got a little lost! Sorry for intruding your space."

Whatever it is It only stared at me for what seemed like an eternity before getting up and said.

Stinger- "I recommend you leave, the teachers would be upset if you are found anywhere but the dance party."

"Yea. Got it."

I turned around and left the area, once I was outside I began to run.

Shit, shit, shit. SHIT!

(BALL ROOM/DANCE ROOM)

Mercury is seen up the stairs, waiting for someone as he observes the others dancing along, Comedically, Jaune is wearing a dress as he dances along with Pyrrha.

Mercury- "Damn it where is she.."

Soon enough he noticed the green haired girl walking hastifully towards Mercury.

Mercury- "Finally you showed up. I was wondering where have you be-"

Emerald- "No time for this! We have trouble!"

Soon a voice erupted from their earpiece.

Cinder (Comms)- "We will deal with it later Emerald, Focus on the mission at hand."

Cinder let off a scoff before cutting off comms.

Whilst the commotion was happening Ruby went towards the balcony to take a breather only to see Cinder jumping from roof to roof. With a look of determination she went to the railing to jump off to chase her only to see Stinger rising from below.

Ruby- "Stinger!"

Ruby yelled in shock from the sudden appearence of Stinger.

Stinger- "Please embark Ruby, I'm ready to assist."

Stinger asked Ruby as he opens the hatch. Ruby quickly nodded and smiled as she gets in then soon flies off to meet Cinder.

(CCT TOWER ENTRANCE)

A single gaurd stands infront of the doors as suddenly he sees a blur go by quickly, confused he went forward to investigate but was hit in the back of the head. Dragged into the bushes by Cinder until she noticed something in the sky..

Cinder- "What?"

Soon the object landed, dust lifted in the area blinding Cinder a little. As she looks towards to where the object landed she was surprised to see Ruby and the strange palladin. Coincidentlly a locker landed next to them with Crescent Rose inside, Ruby just hastily grabbed her weapon.

Cinder- "So, you're the thing my lacky had to deal with hm?"

Stinger- "Cinder Fall, you are under arrest."

Ruby- "You know, it's not a masqerade party, so why don't you take off that-"

Suddenly Cinder pulled out a device and swung it, leaving a trail that somehow turned into shards and shot them towards Ruby only for Stinger to block them off with their arm. (Note the shields on titans are larger than their bodies.) 

Ruby spun away from the cover of Stinger and shot a couple rounds towards Cinder but she blocks all of Ruby's shots with just her hand, Cinder does a twirl as she summons her weapons as Ruby launches herself towards Cinder slamming Crescent Rose into the ground as Cinder manges to dodge it by cartwheeling backwards, jumping upwards and fires 3 arrows but hits the ground infront of Ruby. 

As they looked onto eachother they heard the sound of footsteps getting louder and louder as they see General Ironwood running towards them, as he reaches them he looked over to Ruby then setting his eyes onto Stinger. Ruby looked back towards to where Cinder was only for her to be missing.

Ruby- "Aw nuts.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.5K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
453K 16.2K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
616K 37.5K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...