A Series of Mysteries ~ Ranpo...

By galaxyxpandas

Y/n L/n never knew her biological parents nor did she ever really care to know them. She had loved her adopte... More

โŸก 1) Missing โŸก
โŸก 2) First Meeting โŸก
โŸก 3) Family Ties โŸก
โŸก 4) Brother โŸก
โŸก 5) Twists and Turns โŸก
โŸก 6) A Bump in the Road โŸก
โŸก 7) Jailbreak โŸก
โŸก 9) A Murder Case โŸก
โŸก 10) Uncovering the Murderer โŸก
โŸก 11) Abductions and Disappearances โŸก
โŸก 12) Unknown Feelings โŸก
โŸก 13) New Kids Take Charge โŸก
โŸก 14) A Path Has Opened โŸก
โŸก 15) Reunited โŸก
โŸก 16) The Guild's First Move โŸก
โŸก 17) Start of the Three-Way War โŸก
โŸก 18) Forging Ahead โŸก
โŸก 19) Double Black โŸก
โŸก 20) Discoveries โŸก
โŸก 21) Confession โŸก
โŸก 22) A Blossoming LoveโŸก
โŸก 23) Cannibalism: Part One โŸก

โŸก 8) Home โŸก

356 15 1
By galaxyxpandas

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

Y/n POV:
It wasn't long before a car had shown up, Dazai exiting from the passenger side of the car.

"Y/n! Are you okay?!" He shouts, running up to the door as the barista unlocks it.

"Dazai!" I shout jumping towards him and wrapping my arms around him in an embrace.

"Y/n. I'm so glad you're safe," Dazai says, returning my hug.

"I missed you... Osamu..." I say, finally gathering the courage to use his first name.

Osamu hugged me tighter in response to me using his first name, the two of us staying there in a comfortable silence, just taking in the moment.

"I hate to ruin this touching moment and all, but we need to get going," I hear Kunikida's voice say from the direction of the car.

"Kunikida-kun? What are you doing here?" I ask, slightly breaking my hug with Osamu to talk to Kunikida.

"Dazai's a terrible driver so I drove him here," Kunikida explained.

"Oh... I see," I say, kinda shocked to hear that.

I grab ahold of Osamu's hand after completely breaking from our hug, dragging him towards the car. We both enter the back seat of the car, Kunikida returning to the driver's seat, and head off to Osamu's home.

Once we got there, we bid our farewells to Kunikida and headed for the front door. Osamu took out his keys and inserted his house key, opening the door for us to enter. His house was a tad messy but nothing too bad, mainly just takeout trash on his counters.

"Sorry about the mess. I can't cook so I usually just order takeout, or get Kunikida-kun to make something for me," Osamu explains.

"I don't mind. I'm content just being here with you," I say, giving him a reassuring smile.

He looked stunned for a moment, but it quickly changed to a soft smile as he pulled me in for a tight hug.

"Awww! It makes me so happy that you feel that way about me!" He says, spinning me around in his arms.

I chuckle a little before saying, "Well, it's true. Despite the calm composure I kept on my face, I was really scared. I was scared of being separated from yet another brother. I was scared that I would never see either of you again."

"We can't be separated that easily. Proof of that is our first meeting. We came back to each other even after being separated from birth. Nothing can keep us apart," He said, releasing me from our hug but keeping his hands on my arms, my hands grabbing his arms in response.

"You're right," I say, Osamu's hand raising to my face, wiping away the tears that I wasn't aware I had shed.

"Anyways, I believe it's time to go to bed since it's getting late. I already have your room set up. Let me show you the way," Osamu says, leading me up the stairs.

The first door on the left was the bathroom, the door directly across from it was Dazai's room; my room (the guest room) was further down the hall on the left. The washroom is located directly across from my room. When we entered the house, the first room we stepped foot in was the living room, which led to the kitchen and dining room.

"If you need anything, just knock on my door; and if I don't answer, try calling me cuz I might be sleeping and the ringing should wake me up," Dazai informs me.

"Okay. Thank you again for letting me stay here," I say, expressing my gratitude for Osamu allowing me to stay with him.

"It's no problem at all. It's the duty of the Armed Detective Agency to protect and serve our clients. Plus, I would never abandon you. You are my sister after all," He says, giving me a close eyed smile.

"Thank you, Osamu. Good night," I say, waving goodbye to him while I make my way towards my room.

"Good night, Y/n," He says in response before closing his door.

~

I woke up to the rays of sunlight shining through the cracks of the blinds, ironically blinding me even though they're made specifically to prevent me from going blind. I shut my eyes and lay in my bed for a little while before deciding to get up.

After completing my morning routine, I made my way to the kitchen, Osamu nowhere to be seen, meaning he was probably still asleep, or he left but he's most likely asleep. I opened up the fridge and was met with pretty much nothing. 'I knew he didn't cook but I didn't think he would have nothing. Guess I have to go shopping. I think I remember seeing my purse in my room, although I don't know how it got there. I probably left it somewhere and the Agency brought it here, knowing that I was going to be staying with Osamu.'

I grab my shoes and get ready to leave, sending Osamu a text letting him know that I was going to be out getting a few groceries.

~

Today 6:37 AM

Y/n
I'm going grocery shopping so if I'm not back by the time you read this, that's where I'll be
Delivered

~

I head out the door, locking it on the way out, and start walking towards—

'Wait. I have no clue where I'm going.'

I take out my phone to look up any nearby grocery stores, clicking on the closest one. 'A 10 minute walk. Not too bad, I guess. Could be worse.'

I began my walk towards the store using the path that appeared on my phone, a dashed blue line indicating that this was the walking route.

After 10 minutes had passed, I had arrived at the grocery store, stepping foot into the store after the doors automatically opened when I walked up to them. I had grabbed a cart beforehand since I don't know how much food I'm going to end up buying. I walked down the aisles, peeking into each one to see if there was anything that I needed, not wanting to enter the aisle just for me to not get anything.

I ended up getting apples, bananas, milk, and cereal. I plan on going back later for more ingredients because there's only so much that I can carry by myself, especially since I don't have my car.

After getting my last item, I make my way over to the check out station, placing all of my items on the conveyor belt. I felt my phone vibrate, resulting in me reaching into my pocket to check who sent me a message. It was Osamu.

~

Today 7:23 AM

Osamu
kk. when do u think you'll be back?

Y/n
I'm checking out my stuff right now so I'll be back in about 15 minutes

Osamu
alright. i'll see u then :P

~

I chuckle at his little emoticon while I put my phone back into my pocket as the cashier finished bagging up my stuff. I paid for my things and grabbed all of my bags, heading back down the same path I took to get here.

When I got to the front door, I knocked on it, waiting for Osamu to let me inside. I can hear the unlocking of the door as I watch the doorknob turn, the door opening to reveal Osamu still in his pajamas.

"Y/n! You're back!" He exclaims, like a puppy excited to see its owner return.

"Yes, I'm back. And I can see that you're still in your pajamas," I say while slightly laughing.

"Well, I did go back to sleep after I texted you. But I stayed on the couch so I could hear when you got back," He explains, a sweat drop forming on my forehead after hearing his comment.

"Well, go get dressed. I don't feel like having to listen to Kunikida-kun's yelling. Again," I say.

"Again?" He questions.

"Oh, right, you weren't there. When I first arrived at the Agency, Kunikida-kun, like probably everyone else, mistook me for you and started yelling at me for being late," I explained to him, his face expressing pure shock.

"Did he do anything to you?" He asked me.

"Uh, I mean he grabbed my shirt and forced me to sit at your desk. Other than that, not really," I told him, recollecting the event.

He had an unreadable expression on his face after hearing my answer to his question.

"Well, then. We better hurry and get ready so we're not late," He says with a smile, a smile that I can tell is very forced.

"Sure," I say, a little skeptical of his change in behavior.

After Osamu finished getting changed, I had prepared breakfast for the two of us. I made each of us a bowl of cereal and sliced up some apples. The bananas were placed in the center of the dining table for if he wanted one.

"Sorry I was only able to make cereal. I don't have my car so I could only get things that I would be able to carry back on my own," I explain, wishing that I could've made a better meal.

"No need to apologize. I'm happy enough knowing that you even made me food," He says with a genuine smile this time.

I returned his gesture with a smile of my own, turning my attention to my bowl of cereal; my thoughts were occupied with something else though, a remembrance of a previous thought that I had brushed aside at the time.

'Why did the Port Mafia choose me specifically? Did they find out about my connection to Dazai? Or my connection to my birth parents? Or my adopted parents?'

'Or was it all of it?'

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 1.2K 13
[please read] You are a 21-year-old woman. Dumped by your (now) ex boyfriend, you have nowhere else to stay but your car. You work at a small cafรฉ s...
33.6K 1.2K 15
* เผ„ เณƒ ยฐโ€ขโ€โžท โ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™›๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ค๐™—๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™จ, ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฎ ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜๐™š๏ฟฝ...
4.6K 169 14
Dazai is a very complicated person and so is your history with him, after so much hurt and agony, you lose the ability to speak after he disappears b...
18.6K 464 16
"we'll meet again, chuuya. it may not be in this life, but in the next.. after all, my love for you is so great, it cant be contained in just this on...