Erik and Christine: Loves Sec...

By LyndsayTibbetts

A story about discovering what they really want in their life. For Christine Daae is engaged to the ViCompt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 - The Finale

Chapter 11

17 1 0
By LyndsayTibbetts

Later that night in Christine's room, Christine is staring at the mask until suddenly she hears the door opening. Raoul pops his head out with a bouquet of flowers and says, "Hello Christine." Christine turns her head and smiles. "Hello, Raoul. How are you?" she asks. Raoul walks towards a table, puts the flowers in a vase and turns around. "Oh, I'm alright. Just a little tired," he sighs from exhaustion. Raoul smiles and walks towards her to sit down and relax.

"Well how was your trip?" she asked.

"It went well. But I'm glad to be back with my lovely fiancé," he sighs as he gets comfortable in his chair. Christine blushes and says with a smile on her face, "Oh Raoul." Raoul smiles back and leans towards her to take her hand and holds it. "I mean it. But anyway how was everything going while I was away," he asks.

"It was good. My Uncle Gabriel and my cousin Charlotte came to visit today. Along with Charlotte's fiancé Alexander," she replied with excitement,

"That's good. It was ten years since you saw them last time, right?" he inquired.

"Yes, it has," she replied. Christine looks away as she thinks back at the memories they shared with her family as well as his family. "I'm so glad I saw them today. It reminded me of when we were children, and we would play when my cousin and I came to visit you and your family," she stated. Raoul gives a small grin and looks down as he also recalls the memories he shared with her family. He sighed and said, "Yes, I remember. We would always get into trouble when my father would see us doing something wrong."

"Yes and your mother would sometimes cover for us because she knew we were just children," she laughed. Raoul chuckled as well. "Yes. She was good at that," he recalled. He sighs as he remembers how much he misses his mother. "Raoul. I'm sorry about your mother. She was truly a wonderful woman. And I'm sorry to bring up memories of her," Christine apologizes.

"No, it's alright. She may be gone now, but I know that I will see her again when I die when God's will says so," he says with positivity and optimism. "Besides she would want me to be happy and cherish the memories that I had with her."

"That is true. My father would want me to do the same," she said.

"Speaking of fathers. I got a letter from my father saying that he is coming to visit soon," he said with a smile on his face as he leans closer to her. Christine feels a little nervous that his father is coming to visit them; not knowing he his father had been since Raoul's mother died. "Really why?" she asks with a slightly scared but curious tone in her voice. "Well he wants to see my beautiful fiancé, and we are going to have our engagement party next week," he said. Christine pupils expand; to which Raoul has a feeling from the look in his eyes that Christine had possibly forgotten about their engagement party.

"You do remember that the engagement party is next week don't you?" Raoul asked with a concerned tone in his voice.

"Of course I remembered. That would be silly of me to forget my own engagement party," Christine replied.

"Good. For a minute I almost thought you had forgotten about it. But I could never imagine you to forget things. Let alone lie to me," Raoul said. She takes his hands. "Of course. I love you too much ever even to think to lie to you," she said as she skooches closer to him and kisses him.

"Anyway, I will let you get back to what you were doing. I'm going to unpack and go to the library to work on somethings," Raoul said as he stands up and heads towards the door.

"Alright. I will leave you in the library in peace," Christine replied.

"Thank you," Raoul said with a smile on his face. He opens the door. "I love you," Christine said quickly. Raoul pops his head through the door and responds, "I love you too my little lotte." He leaves and closes the door. She looks away, sighs and sits down. She covers her face and softly asks herself, "Why do I keep lying to him? How did I forget about the engagement party?"

That evening after Raoul went to bed, Christine waits patiently in her room for her Angel to come to see her again. She looks at the gift her uncle sent her and whispers softly to herself, "I wonder where my Angel is?"

"Well, why don't you look out your bedroom window," Erik replies. Christine turns around and sees Erik standing outside by the window. She stands up and walks toward the window. "Angel," she said with a smile on her face. He tilts his head and asks, "Aren't you going to let me in?" She blinks several times, takes grabs the handle to the window and opens it. "Oh, forgive me. Of course, I am." Once he enters the room, Christine closes it. He puts his coat down.

"Angel how are you?" she politely asks. He turns around and replies, "Good, what about you?" She takes a few steps towards him, and responds, "Good."

"That's good," Erik said with a smile on his face.

"So how was your day?" she asks.

"I haven't done anything much besides unpacking everything. Which easier than I was packing," Erik replied as he sits down. Christine walks towards her desk and puts her uncle's gift in the drawer. "I bet. I haven't really ever brought everything that I needed after my father died because my Uncle owns it and so when I go visit them I know that my belongings will still be there," she states.

"What about you? What did you do today?" Erik asks. Christine turns around and replies, "Nothing much. My Uncle Gabriel and Cousin Charlotte came to visit me."

"It sounds wonderful," Erik replied.

"Yes. I'm so glad that they came to visit. I also met Charlotte's fiancé Alexander Mason. He is very charming and lovely. You would like him," she said with a smile on her face. He smiles and slightly chuckles. "I'm sure I would too. Your uncle is a very nice man."

She smiles, however, quickly realizes that there is a problem. "Oh no!"

Erik raises his eyebrows and asks her with concern, "What is it? What's wrong?" She turns, walks away from Erik and sits down by a cushion that's by a window. "I forgot to tell Raoul that he and I, were invited to their wedding," Christine replies.

'Should have figured that she would forget something,' Erik thinks to himself.

"But, even if I did tell him, he might not go," she sighs. Erik realizes that Christine is going to open up about something. "Why is that?" he asks. Erik walks towards her. "Because he's busy all the time," Christine says as she turns to face him. Erik notices that she is releasing out her frustration. "Well maybe if he can't take you, I can. If you would like," he implied.

Erik takes out his hand and reaches for hers. She looks at it then looks into his eyes, and stands up. "Angel...are you serious?" Christine asked.

"Yes, I am. I would take you anywhere if he cannot," Erik replied. Christine's eyes are filled, with happiness; knowing that Erik can take her. He smiles at her. "That is so sweet of you Angel. Thank you," she says with thanks. "You're welcome. I would do anything to make you happy."

She smiles then looks away from him. Christine walks towards a candle that she lit for her father and stares at the flame. Erik notices that there is something on Christine's' mind.

"Christine, do you have something on your mind? I can tell," he politely asked. Christine turns around and crosses her arms. "Well. It's just I have one question to ask of you," she stated.

"Ask away," Erik responds.

Christine gazes into her Angels eyes and walks towards him. "Angel...will you be my teacher again," she asks. Erik blinks his eyes several times as he is confused and curious about what Christine had asked of him. "Beg your pardon?"

"Be my teacher again? I want to continue with my lessons and maybe critique my music scores," Christine implied. Erik looks away for a moment and replies, "I don't know."

"Please. I want to continue, and I want to learn..." Christine implies. However, she pauses on what she wants to say next. Erik notices that there is something else in her mind. "Learn what?" he curiously asks. She looks deep into his eyes and replies, "About you, everything about you."

He lightly touches her neck and cheek. "Oh, Christine. I..." Erik leans in closer to her, looks deep into her eyes and can hardly finish what he wants to say next because he is entranced by her beauty, innocence, and curiosity. He blinks several times, snaps out of it and says, "I would be honored." Christine blinks several times; shocked and happy that her Angel had agreed to give her lessons again. "Really?!"

"Of course. I would love to teach you everything that I've learned. Besides, I want that voice to be in tune when you return on that stage," Erik replied. Christine hugs him. "Oh! Thank you, Angel," she said happily.

Erik hugs her back. He glances at the clock and notices that it is almost midnight. "I should go. We start tomorrow at two o'clock," he implied. Christine nods her head in agreement and lets' go. "Yes, angel. I promise I'll be there," she said with determination. Erik nods his head and leaves her room through the window. She follows him and watches him go.

After Erik leaves, Christine sits down and thinks about what had just happened. "Oh, father! It was so good to see my Angel of Music again. I've missed him so much. But what in the world happened when I said when I asked him about telling me who he is and learning more about him?" she asked herself.

At the same time, Erik does the same thing when he is walking back to his domain. "Seeing Christine again felt so intoxicating...and wonderful. Every time I see her, it's like seeing my own Angel. But what did she mean by wanting to know everything about me? Does she really want to know everything about who I am and who I came to be before she met me? Should I tell her everything?" he asks himself.

"I mean of course I want to know more about who he is and everything about him before we met. But why? Maybe I'm curious to know because there's more to him than I already know," Christine implied as she talks to herself.

"I mean I already know more about her, so. Besides this might be a good idea," Erik implied as he stops and leans against the side of a building. "Well, I wouldn't blame her for wanting to know more about me."

Christine stands up and walks towards her window and stares at the night sky. "I guess it's a good idea. After all, maybe this might be the chance to tell him how I feel," Christine implied.

"This might be the chance to tell her how I feel. I couldn't tell her last time, and I don't want to let another opportunity go because I'm too scared to tell her," Erik said. He glances and notices a small, beautiful rose bush. Erik takes one of them and gazes at its beauty. Reflecting on not only the beauty of Christine's voice, everything about Christine that makes her special. He sighs and says, "I have to...I have to tell her. I'm going to tell her."

Christine sighs and says, "I'm going to tell him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 204 17
[Completed] Phantom Of The Opera Fanfiction Forbidden Love? This is a scenario that Princess Christine DaaƩ and Commoner Erik Destler understand far...
Shattered Rose By Pan

General Fiction

6.1K 348 20
Christine was proposed to by Raoul soon after finding out her true passion for her Angel of Music. Afraid of her love that could be with Erik she acc...
28.4K 1.1K 21
Phantom of the Opera Book. All Rights Reserved. Christine & Erik begin their journey. Please enjoy:)
52.5K 2.3K 110
In this sequel to The Phantom of the Opera (2004 film), Christine DaaƩ decides to run away and marry her Angel of Music, Erik Destler, and leave for...