Magulong Kapaligiran, Sa'yo l...

By bluexthename

"Kakaiba ang tama ng sinag sa'yong kutis na kayumanggi, o sa'n ba 'ko dinadala?" banggit ko sa kaniya nang ma... More

A/N: IMPORTANT
Mga Karakter
Prologue
I - I Need You
II - I'm Only Yours
III - Excellent Customer Service
IV - I'll Just Show you
V - She's a Beautiful Woman
VI - Winner in My Heart
VII - Welcome Home
VIII - Flashback
IX - We Will be There
X - Fire Inside of Me
XI - I Needed Someone to Distract Me
XII - You Should Go Talk to Her
XIII - It's Just a Matter of Time
XIV - Don't Ever Do That Again
XV - Tattoos
XVII - Anntonia
XVIII - Porsild
XIX - I Hope This Never Ends
XX - A You Problem
XXI - What Do You Want Me to Do?
XXII - Will You Be...

XVI - Point of View

473 18 6
By bluexthename

A/N - I hope bawi ko muna ito for the meantime. I'll try my best to publish a few more chapters this coming week, but I can't promise if there will be ones today and tomorrow please forgive me 🥺

This is in chronological order of the characters' childhood-highschool days-early college life before proceeding to the present day (pool scene from the previous chapter).

Papunta na tayo sa exciting part. 🫢

=========================================

Anntonia POV

"Ate Mich! Ate Mich!" I pulled her shirt so that she could look down at me. She's way taller than me, and I feel even smaller right now that I am sitting like a frog here on the sand while she's playing with her camera taking pictures of the scenery in front of us.

"Ann, how many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to call me Ate, ha?" maybe because she doesn't want to feel like an ate since she's a bit tomboyish hahahaha. She has this justin-bieber-looking-hairstyle where her bangs are parted on one side covering a part of her face. She also likes wearing baggy shorts and shirts.

We've been living together at the house for 12 years now, well, for me. For her, she's been out there for 13 years.

I tucked my hair strands behind my ear as I trace drawings on the sand with my fingers. 

"Look, oh!" she faced me and lifted her camera up. I posed with my two hands signing a peace-sign and smiled widely at the camera. She went closer to zoom in on the drawings on the sand.

"What's that supposed to be?" she asked me as she examined my drawings and looked at her camera's screen to zoom in on the picture she just took.

"I don't know, I just felt like doing that." I stood up and tapped her shoulder. She looked down at me, she always has to do that because of our height difference. I am just right below her shoulders, so I promised myself that I will be as tall as her when I grow older. Both my parents are tall, just as much as hers, so I think that would be possible in the future.

"Sinong crush mo?" she squinted her eyes while softly chuckling at my question. I always admired her features. Even though she's trying to deny that she's just as pretty as me, maybe because she's not really trying right now, I always tell her that I love her facial features. While I have almond eyes and pointy nose, she has these small eyes that disappear whenever she smiles and a cute nose that aligns perfectly with her cupid arrow lips.

"Pinagsasabi mong bata ka?" she didn't answer me but instead just returned a question as well, it's her habit of avoiding questions she doesn't want to answer.

"Why did you ask? Ikaw, may crush ka 'no?" she pointed her lips at some random teenage boys a little bit farther from us on my left side, so I glanced at them and judged them by their actions. They're picking up sand and throwing it at one another. I rolled me eyes at their silly figures.

"E? Mas pogi ka nga sa mga 'yon?" she whistled once as if she couldn't believe I just told her that.

She raised her pinky finger at me and I immediately raised mine too, interlocking it with hers. "Remember our promise? Never keep secrets from each other?" she asked, while our pinkies are still interlocked.

"Of course." she pulled her hand away from mine, i just copied what she's doing and sat on the sand with our legs stretched out, locking our elbows as our palms rest on the ground. She playfully kicked my leg so I kicked back, which made her laugh but her face turned serious immediately.

That day, she told me how she's feeling certain confusions, but she concluded that she might be attracted to girls just like how she is attracted to boys. I felt a rumbling inside of my stomach that travelled around my back up to the back of my head that I quite don't understand. But I just listened to her as she tells stories of how she came up with that conclusion. I gave her an assurance that there is nothing wrong with what she's feeling, it's normal for humans to feel love towards another human.

As we walked back to our cabin, we showered together before getting ready for bed. I cuddled beside her, but all I can think about before I drifted to sleep is the idea that she likes girls.

The possibility of her tending attention to a different girl is bothering me. We've been best friends since forever, and I don't want another girl getting her love and care that she has been giving me.

But...

I don't want her to think that I do not support her for who she is, so I kept in mind that I will always be special to her - the most special.

===============================================

We got in one of the most prestigious private international schools in the Philippines, we're finally college students! Michelle has been busier since she decided to run for batch representative. She actually asked me to join her but I don't really like the idea of being in position just to do certain responsibilities and duties or what-nots, so I just made a promise to her that I'll help her with anything that she needs, I'll even volunteer to their projects and events if ever she wins.

What am I even thinking? Of course she'll win.

She decided to change her style, which I should be given credit for. When we were much littler kids, she joined youth pageants, and I always thought that that side of hers stands out. But then again, she decided to be comfortable with what she wears and how she looks with the nonchalant and boyish style. But now, it's different. She's different. 

Yet she is still that charming, beautiful, poised woman I grew up with. Just more, just better.

I've had petty relationships back in high school, but those boys reaaaallyyy know how to be annoying. They try to kiss me even though I don't want them to, I just like having someone to hold my hand, carry my bag for me, buy me lunch, walk me to my classes and such.

Nasanay ata kasi ako.

As I reminisce the past years, Michelle and I attended the same high school as well, but for the past four years, we've never been in the same classrooms, so our schedules don't really match. But we get to be together during mornings, lunch breaks, study breaks, and of course whenever there are celebrations in school. She never forgets to take care of me, she does all the little things that she thinks don't matter, but for me, those little things are the most flattering. She doesn't realize how she remembers to do things without me ever asking her.

She honestly set the bar high for me, that's why when it comes to choosing my crushes or boyfriends, I always compare them to her. But somehow, they can never level with her. If only there's a guy like her, I'd be marrying that guy.

I remember this one time, during the last occasion of our high school days, we did this annual routine of ordering all foods when outside stores are invited to sell in one of our school events.

"Doon tayo!" she pulled me towards a food stall that is setup here at the middle of our quadrangle. She bought two orders of fish and chips. I winced at the idea of people catching those poor fishes from the ocean or other bodies of water, whatever. Yes I am scared of fishes, but it doesn't mean I don't eat them. I just erase the idea of them being caught from underwater.

We're walking around the campus hand in hand, my left hand is interlocked with her right hand, so this hand seems to be a mechanical robot because she's poking through her food with our interlocked hands and bringing it to her mouth. I am just holding my food on my right hand as I can't take a bite because obviously, I only have two hands, and this girl beside me is using my other hand.

Before I can even roll my eyes, she exchanged our foods fast. "Hey! Ubos mo na iyo t'as akin kakainin mo?" she didn't acknowledge me as she poked the fried foods inside the cone.

"Say aaaaa" I didn't think twice to take a bite of the food she's offering me. I shook my head playfully from side to side as I enjoy the taste of the delicious snack.

"You want to buy sushi naman?" I instantly imagined a raw fish getting cut up into fresh pieces but I shook that idea away as I think of the mouthwatering texture sushi brings to my taste buds. I nodded exaggeratedly at her.

"Michelle!" someone called us from behind and it's her group of friends from her class. They signaled her to come to them, she was about to run away from me as she unclasped our hands, but she stopped at her tracks and looked at my face.

She wiped the corner of my lip with her thumb. "Hahahaha mayonnaise" pang-aasar niya sa'kin. 

I was startled when she plopped her thumb to her lips.

Did....

Did she just?

For whatever reason, she quickly smiled at me and gave me a peck on my lips

......with her lips.......

"Balik ako!" sabay talikod niya at takbo niya papunta sa mga kaibigan niya na ngayon ay nagsisitwanan.

She stole my first kiss!

I mean it wasn't really a kiss per sé, but no one has ever had their lips on my lips before. Even if it was just a peck for a tiny nanosecond...

But still!

My reminiscing was cut short as I see Michelle walking up the stage as the MC asked all candidates to line up. As the MC announced her name, I released the loudest cheer in this gymnasium.

===========================================

I am so annoyed at her this morning!

She left me alone here at the salon even though we had a deal that this is our date today. We've been stressed with acads, added with the baggage of SG brings to her plate (and mine too because I have been a consistent volunteer all throughout) so, I just want us to relax for a little bit!

Michelle was pre-occupied with something on her phone. Or should I say, with someone. On the way here to the salon, she asked me to drive so she can freely use her phone, I just let her but deep inside I am so annoyed talaga. When we got here, she grabbed the keys from me and bid her goodbye, saying that hahabol daw siya. I just gave her my cold shoulder and went straight inside.

Whenever we chika, she brags to me about all the guys and girls she gets to hang out with, even the ones she gets to make out with, so I brag about all the boys I've been with too.

But lately, she's been busier with this Rain girl. She's a lot older than us, maybe six years older? Seven? I don't know. She's a celebrity so I just checked on Google while the hairstylist is wrapping my hair with foil for a hair treatment.

Ah, six it is. She's five years older than Michelle. Whatever, basta she's older.

I know she's starting to have feelings for her, because of the way that she talks about her, and whenever I thirdwheel with them, her attention is on to her.

Tsk! I don't even know why I am so jealous. Maybe because she's giving that Rain girl the same treatment that she gives me. Sometimes, I feel like being replaced as her solid rock - her best friend.

Just a few more semesters until we become the seniors of our university. I bet she'll even be busier next academic year because she's running for the highest position in the student government, which I know she'll get. She's quite popular now because of her various exposures in local media, just a couple of commercials and endorsements because of our parents' connections. I have also been exposed, but not really. I am always present at our business events, so my family gets to introduce me too to different personalities.

Finally my hair treatment is done, I decided to call Manong to pick me up since Michelle is still not here. We're now home so I immediately get ready for bed, heading towards Michelle's bedroom as there's something telling me that I shouldn't be in my room tonight.

The moment I was about to fall asleep, I heard her coming inside. I kept my eyes closed.

"Alam ko gising ka pa" paos niyang banggit sa'kin, kaya napabukas ako ng mata at bumungad sa'kin ang mapupula niyang mata at ilong. She opened up to me that she confessed her feelings to Rain.

So I was right.

I let her cry more, letting her embrace all the comfort that I could give. My heart is breaking witnessing this, I knew I was right that her player side is just a way for her to mask her genuine feelings for someone.

And that someone is Rain.

She told me she's madly in love with her, but she can never have her.

One thing that's been running in my mind is I just want to take away all of her pain. I want to let her know that she is loved, that she deserves to be reciprocated with everything that she is...

Could I be that person?

I shake that idea away from my brain. But... I'm scared that it might be true in the near future. I don't want to fall for her like that. I'm not even sure if I am attracted to girls. I've never had that kind of attraction to any girls, ever in my life!

So why am I thinking of this? Why am I feeling this just for her? 

=====================================================

A/N ----- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! let me know of your thoughts 🫣

- blue

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 4K 87
Apat na taon ng kasal si Shu sa isang lalaking ni minsan ay hindi pa niya nakikita o narinig manlang ang boses. Palibhasa ay hindi naman siya dapat a...
849K 39.2K 31
At age seven, Nina was adopted by a mysterious man she called 'daddy'. Surprisingly, 'daddy' is young billionaire Lion Foresteir, who adopted her at...
1.5M 34.1K 54
Rivalry, a basketball athlete and a culinary student had never seen herself attracted to any men. Despite her friends' persistent attempts to set her...
348M 7.1M 80
This work of fiction may include potentially disturbing readings, scenes and discussions around topics such as sexual, self-harm, physical violence...