His Ravenclaw

By jenziestorytime

In the mystical realm of Hogwarts, Jean Johnson, a formidable fifth-year Ravenclaw, grapples with ancient mag... More

Plot and Characters
Chapter 1 - Despise
Chapter 3 - Fight or Lose
Chapter 4 - little banter

Chapter 2 - Help You Help Me

20 2 0
By jenziestorytime

Two weeks later I'm sitting in the classroom doing my potions exam and it's going flawlessly. I am pretty sure, my potion is going to be unbeatable. The task is to make a wiggle potion, which makes wounds heal temporarily. Can be fatal if done wrong. But me? I am mastering it.

For some reason after class, my eyes wander over to the blonde boy. Not that I expected him to talk to me again after the last time I encountered him in the hall after my lesson with the headmaster, but I can't deny the disappointment I'm feeling. I am still stunned about how casual he was acting. Like he has actual real feelings and isn't just a mean bully with a brilliant mind. After the break, all of us go back to the classroom and I take my seat next to Luna again.

"He's being weird, right? I was in the dungeons a bit early to discuss my presentation with Blaise, and Draco nodded in my direction. Like I am one of his acquaintances."  Luna says confused next to me, preparing some ingredients for a new potion we are going to learn to brew. 

Draco was a distant cousin of hers, but her family had absolutely nothing to do with the Malfoy's anymore. Especially after the first war, after her family decided to fight against Voldemort.

"He is, isn't he? I thought I was the only one who noticed. Not that I'm focused on Malfoy or anything...I just, I don't know. I bumped into him a few weeks back and he was all teasing and friendly."

"Friendly even?" Luna asked shocked.

We never really were victims of his hate crimes like the other houses, but she knew him just like I did and everyone who is not a Slytherin or used to be one will never describe him as friendly.

"Yeah, can you believe it? Usually, he doesn't speak much as you know, but two weeks ago he was having a full conversation with me. I was so stunned after he left, didn't even tell you"  I explain.

We keep working on the new potion, while Professor Snape asks a few questions, testing the class.

"Today's lesson will test your understanding of advanced potion-making. Can anyone in the class enlighten us on the Draconis Essence Elixir, its brewing techniques, and potential applications?"

Hermione raises her hand.

"Well, I was embarrassed, sorry. I mean I was speechless because of a Malfoy. That's ridiculous, right?"  I say to Luna, ignoring Snapes question, even though I know the answer. 

In this particular class, I let Hermione fight her battles against Malfoy.

"Professor, I believe the Draconis Essence Elixir involves the extraction and purification of essence from magical dragon scales. When successfully brewed, it enhances magical capabilities and provides temporary immunity to specific hexes and curses. The essence must be collected under specific lunar phases, and the brewing process demands precise temperature control and advanced stirring techniques."  Hermione answers after Professor Snape gives her permission.

"Very well, Granger. Five points to Gryffindor. Now, anyone else want to add anything?"  he asks.

I, still not completely accustomed to raising hands since that is not a thing in the US, confidently add, "The Draconis Essence Elixir is indeed a complex potion, involving precise techniques to extract and purify essence from magical dragon scales. The result enhances magical abilities and provides a temporary shield against hexes and curses. The collection of dragon scales requires specific lunar phases, and the brewing process demands meticulous temperature control and stirring techniques."

Snape looks at me bored and somewhat with a trace of anger.

"Miss Jean, I am not running a discussion forum. Do try to remember you are not in America anymore. This is Hogwarts. We expect proper behavior and adherence to our traditions. Nevertheless, your description is adequate. So I won't take any points from Ravenclaw for misbehavior. Now, silence in my classroom."

I look over to Luna annoyed, since I know that my answer is perfect. Snape just hates everyone but Slytherins.

"Very interesting. Should have told me. Then maybe I would have had the courage to tell him the other day that he was picking the wrong herbs for class. Still feel guilty about it"  she says, nudging my side.

"Well, I was embarrassed, sorry. I mean I was speechless because of a Malfoy. That's ridiculous, right?"

Crabbe and Goyle sneak up behind us, each of them messing with one of our hair and whisper-shouting 'smartass' and running away giggling and satisfied, followed by a grinning Draco. We didn't notice that Snape left to get something in the ingredients storage room. Malfoy's eyes scan me, but just as briefly as they lay on me, they leave as well and he is gone again.

Suddenly Harry is up on his feet in front of Crabbe and Goyle.

"Leave them alone you assholes"  he says bravely.

I do appreciate the thought behind Harry's action, but this wasn't necessary. Luna and I are fine by ourselves. These Gryffindors always trying to play hero gets quite annoying after a while.

Then Draco gets up, walking towards Potter.

"Oh, is Johnson your new little girlfriend Potter? Is that why you're so insufferable?"  he asks teasing, a big smirk on his face.

"Shut your mouth Malfoy"  Harry replies angrily.

Is this an actual fight because of me?

"I am speechless right now"  Luna whispers next to me.

I have to stop this somehow, this is ridiculous.

"Go on then Potter, try"  Draco says, provoking Harry.

Seconds later wands are out and spells are flying around. Ron gets up and starts hitting spells as well, while Hermione is shouting at them to stop. I get up as well, this is nonsense.

"For Merlin's Christ, stop this! What the actual fuck is this going to solve?! This is stupid!"  I say, and all eyes in the room land on me.

"Oh just go back to your seat Johnson! Don't get involved in this. This is even for you! You stupid little girl"  Ron says and I feel my blood boiling.

Remember those lessons with the headmaster trying to control that anger? Well, they aren't fully completed yet and definitely not mastered. I hear Luna telling me to come back, but I can't. I'm standing a few steps in front of Malfoy and suddenly my wand is raised and pointed at Ron.

"What did you just say to me?"  I ask him, my eyes shooting him a deadly look.

"We are not allowed to use magic on other students!"  Hermione shouts into the circle that is forming around us.

"Do I look like I care about the fucking rules right now, Hermione?!"  I shout back.

I hear Malfoy's steps coming closer to me.

"I said you stupid little girl. Don't get involved in things you can't comprehend! And don't scream at her!"  he says and before I can react, Malfoy fires a spell at them, which Harry blocks.

That's when I lose it as well and cast a Levioso spell on Ron, lifting him in the air, just like Malfoy did to me a few weeks ago.

"Quick learner aren't you"  Malfoy tells me.

Then Snape burst into the classroom shouting and I let go of Ron, he falls to the ground with a heavy thud.

"This is unacceptable! What on earth were you thinking?! All four of you to my office, right now!"

The whole thing resorted to detention after school. Hagrid needed help to get some ingredients to cook something for a beast he rescued, and we needed to help him.

"Assholes"  I swear under my breath while walking up the stairs, out of the dungeons with Luna.

"This was intense. And weird. What about our golden boy? Has he talked to you ever since-"  she starts asking, when all of the sudden, I see him smiling at me at the top of the stairs ­ Harry.

Like speaking of the freaking devil.

"Hey Jean"  he greets me.

After leaving Snape's office, Draco stormed off, as did Ron.

But wait, Jean? He just used my first name? Harry Potter and a nobody at this school like me is on a first-name basis now?

Harry apologized to me as well, before entering Snape's office.

"Jean?..."  I hear Luna whisper, just as shocked.

"Hey, uh, Harry?..."  I awkwardly reply.

"Do you mind if I walk with you for a second? I'm still sorry for before. Shouldn't have done that"  he asks politely and I nod, firing a confused look back at Luna.

She shrugs her shoulders and pushes me towards him.

We walk for a moment in silence, the only sound being the students talking around us and my black heels clicking on the floor.

"It's fine. Shouldn't have gotten involved myself I guess"  I reply.

After yet another few moments of silence, he comes to a halt.

"So I was thinking and I know a way we could help each other out"  he says and I look at him suspiciously.

Help each other? What could Harry possibly need from me?

"What do you mean?"  I ask confused.

"Well when you were dueling with Draco, you really impressed me. And just now in the classroom as well"  he explains.

I start laughing. Is he messing with me? Draco kicked my ass in the exam. Only got the second-highest score in the class.

"Which one? The one where he destroyed me?"  I reply still slightly laughing.

"You were the only one brave enough to even take him as a dual opponent"  he says.

"Yeah, and only got accepted because Remus knew you would probably kill each other if he let you guys do it together"  I explain, still wondering where this conversation is going to lead to.

"You still dared to volunteer. But that's beside the point. I want to practice my duel skills, and you seem like the perfect partner. We could both profit off of this. Would you be down to go practice sometime after class?"  he asks.

"Wait a second, you want me to practice defense against the dark arts with you?"  I repeat, making sure I heard correctly.

"Can't really ask Draco to help me, can I"  he jokes smiling.

And before I even realize it, I have agreed to meet him up next week and practice. Luna is going to lose her shit when she finds out.

First HP fanfic ever! Still in the learning process and currently (because of the cold winter weather) back on my HP obsession!! Hope you enjoy this story:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 6K 78
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

148K 3.5K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
530K 19K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
156K 4.7K 49
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...