Sometimes Hate is Enough

By auroranequam

The story follows the events of the night when Arnav tried to force Khushi into marrying him. More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue I
Epilogue II

Chapter 31

2.6K 229 23
By auroranequam

Seven years later

Khushi

Lucknow

"Kya, Jijaji, why are you doing this to me?" I asked as I stared at him, then looked down at the container in his hand with furrowed brows.

"Khushi, you should not take more than 6 teaspoons of sugar a day. It's not healthy!" He explained as he placed the container on the further corner of the table, then walked up to me, gently turned me by the shoulders, and slowly pushed me towards the living room, where Bua Ji, Amma, and Babu Ji laughed while looking at us. "And don't call me Jijaji in front of Payal. Please!"

"Why are you doing this to me? What did I do to you that you can't let me eat even one laddo?" I whined loudly as I tried to look over my shoulder at him. But he grabbed me by the top of my head with one hand and stopped me halfway before making me sit on a single sofa. Then he kneeled on the ground in front of me. "And why can't I call you Jijaji when you are my Jijaji?" Then suddenly, a realization hit me, and I gasped loudly with shock. "Jiji rejected you?"

"Payal rejected me?" His eyes widened as he looked at me, then looked over his shoulder at Amma, then back at me.

"What are you saying? Why will Payaliya say no?" Amma asked without looking up as she knitted. Oh, she didn't! Thank you, Devi Maiya!

We both sighed in relief before I looked at Jijaji again and said, "If you let me have a laddo, then I'll pray to Devi Maiya that Jiji says yes to you."

He sighed with a shake of his head before he asked softly, with concern lacing in his eyes and tone, "Do you know there's 307 calories in 1 besan ke laddo, which covers about 15 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories?"

I didn't know that!, I thought as I opened my mouth to argue, but soon closed it and pressed my lips tightly because I had nothing to say that could possibly convince him to let me have one laddo. Hai, Devi Maiya, help me!

So as a last resort, I slipped down from the sofa, copied Jijaji's posture, and then held both of his hands in a death grip between mine as I looked into his eyes before asking, "Do you want me to tell Jiji that you plan to propose to her?"

His face again turned into an image of shock as his mouth fell open while I heard Bua Ji's loud gasp followed by inaudible murmurs, but he still didn't answer and just kept staring at me like I had expected him to.

I dropped his hands and flashed him a big smile before standing up on my feet and saying, "I thought so!"

"I warned you, Nandkishore, not to tell Sanka Devi anything. Now see, she's blackmailing you." I heard Bua Ji from behind as I walked up to the dining table on the left and grabbed a laddo from the container before biting into it. Oh.. it's so good!

"Khushi!" Jijaji called my name quietly, but I bit on my second laddo before turning to the living room and looking at Jijaji, who now sat in my former seat and was looking at me with slightly pressed lips and worried brows.

I opened my mouth, but it was Amma who spoke, "Nikhil Bitwa, don't listen to her nonsense. I know Payaliya will say yes no matter what. You don't worry."

"Yes, I won't say anything to Jiji. Don't worry," I said, pushing the remaining laddo into my mouth as I sat down next to Babu Ji on the sofa. "I also want to see you two getting married and growing old together with my 3-4 nieces and nephews."

But Jijaji still sat with his brows squinted up and his lips pressed thin, while I licked my fingers clean as I tried to laugh at his misery. I literally ruined his whole evening of excitement, didn't I?

"Don't worry, Bitwa. She won't say anything to Payaliya." Babu Ji this time assured him while stammering in his words as he slowly patted on my hand, and I obediently nodded as I looped my arms through Babu Ji's and placed my head on his shoulder. Thanks to Devi Maiya, Babu Ji got well. Although he has a problem speaking fluently, at least he's fine... None of this would have happened if Shyam Ji hadn't tried to kill him with...

"But Babu Ji, what if... she says no?" Jijaji's whole face turned into a look of horror as he stared at a distance with wide eyes, then suddenly shook his head and looked at Babu Ji again. I'm 100 percent sure he just imagined Jiji saying no to him.

"Then you don't get to marry her." I answered casually with a shrug while trying my best not to laugh as the corners of my lips twitched.

"Ay, Chup!" Bua Ji scolded me from next to Amma as they both glared at me, but I avoided it and gave a mischievous smile to Jijaji, whose color started to drain from his face. "Why are you troubling him ha?"

"What did I do? I just answered his question." I defended myself.

"How long till Bitiya reaches?" Babu Ji asked, diverting me as soon as I finished. "She's quite late."

"Jiji's flight was a little late. But don't worry; Suraj is also coming with her. They'll be here anytime now. So..." I paused when I heard the bell ring. And my whole face lit up as I looked at Jijaji, who was also looking over his shoulder. "It's definitely Jiji! I'll check." Then, without wasting any time, I ran to open the door at lightning speed.

I pulled the double door open, and there she was, after 13 days. She flashed me her biggest smile as her eyes glittered in the light, then she dropped the bags in her hand on the side and pulled me into her arms. My eyes watered before I closed them, and a familiar warmth spread inside me as I hugged her back.

"Bas bas! Now it's my turn!" I heard his voice and snapped my eyes open as Jiji took a step back but held my hand.

Suraj flashed me a big smile as he spread his arms open and started for me, but I took a step back with a small smile. He halted near the door and gave me a look, which only broadened my smile as I pulled Jiji inside by pulling her hand.

Amma and Babu Ji stood up from their seats with a smile on their faces, but Bua Ji stopped both of them by grabbing their arms, then motioned at Jijaji, who was standing and staring at Jiji with a smile.

"Nikhil Bitwa!" Bua Ji called loudly through her teeth as she glanced between Jiji and him while trying to signal him secretly.

"Ji?" He turned to her and waited for her to speak. Kya hoga inka?

I shook my head with a heavy sigh before grabbing Jijaji's hand and putting Jiji's hand in his before motioning with a hand at the hallway that led to the back.

After Jijaji finally caught the hint, he took Jiji to the back while we all again settled down in the living room, as Suraj asked, from where he sat next to me. "What was that about?"

"Jijaji's going to propose to Didi!" Manoj's overexcited voice came as he placed a tray of tea on the center table.

Suraj's eyebrows shot up as he glanced at me briefly while he pulled his tie loose enough to unfasten the top two buttons of his white shirt.

"So when is the wedding?" He asked as Manoj handed over a cup of tea to Babu Ji.

"Let her say yes first!" Manoj answered, and everyone except me looked at him like he just said something that's completely impossible. I shook my head at him because that bechara didn't know that Bua Ji wouldn't leave him after this.

"What is wrong with you, Nandkishore? Why are you also trying to jinx such a happy occasion?" Bua Ji scolded with furrowed brows as she glared at Manoj first, then at me. "Wasn't Sanka Devi enough for doing that?" I looked away from her, sipped deeply from my cup while avoiding her, and pretended like I didn't know what she was talking about.

"You already did that?" Suraj whispered from next to me, and I glared at him, but he just smiled before leaning against the backrest and adding, "Oh, AR agreed to sign the contract in Mumbai. So, we don't have to change our schedule. We can move as I planned before."

"But I think," I whispered quietly as I also leaned back on my seat and looked at him. "Our CFO would be a day or two late because of the thing going on in the back. So maybe it's just going to be us tomorrow."

His face turned into a look of surprise as he thoughtfully nodded before he looked into my eyes and whispered back, "Just us?"

I bit the corner of my lips to stop myself from smiling as I tried to hold his eyes, but miserable failed, and I looked away with a shake of my head and gulped down the rest of my tea and got on my feet before I walked to the center table and placed my and Suraj's tea cups on the tray.

I heard two slow whispering sounds drawing close, and a smile spread on my lips before I clasped my hands over my mouth in excitement, shared a look with Suraj, and walked a few steps on my tiptoes to my right to peek at the hallway ahead. Jiji and Jijaji walked down the hallway with small smiles and a deep blush on their faces while looking down.

"She said yes!" I squealed loudly with a big smile before glancing between the living room and them. And by the time they all looked up and noticed me, I was already running towards the two of them with my arms open for a hug.

"Khushi!" Jiji said as a warning while her eyes widened at me, but I slammed onto them anyway and wrapped my arms around both of their necks while jumping on my feet with excitement.

Devi Maiya, please make sure they get married and stay happy forever together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 4.1K 5
Post kidnapping and and his outburst on Khushi due to Anjali, how does Arnav Singh Raizada woo his lady love back? This is a saga of their new life t...
449K 17.4K 36
The story is based on ISS PYAAR KO KYA NAAM DHOON. It begins after Diwali night,which forces Khushi to see things differently and to fight for her fa...
228K 14.1K 88
This is my first ever SUPERNATURAL story. I just am giving it a try as my readers wanted it. Please ignore it if it is not up to your expectations.
49.7K 3.3K 27
Arnav and Khushi find themselves married but torn apart by misunderstandings. Arnav's deep-seated hatred for Khushi remains unexplained, while she si...