bakugo x oc! Reader

By benson8796

when raven kudo, a girl gifted with the quirk of blood manipulation gets shunned by one of her closest friend... More

character
middle school
first day
indoor battles
USJ 1
USJ pt2
USJ 3
sports festival. 1
SPORTS FESTIFAL 2
RAVEN VS BAKUGO
BASIC TRAINING
TRAINING CAMP 1
TRAINING CAMP 2
TRAINING CAMP 3
RESCUE
FALL OF THE NUMBER 1 HERO
DORMS
ULTIMATE MOVES
TEST
HOUSE ARREST
THE BIG THREE
NEWS PAPER
OVERHAUL
suneater
FIGHT
RECOVERY
SCHOOL FESTIFAL
SCHOOL FESTIFAL 2
FESTIFAL 3
PLAY
check out my other works

hero names + internship and past memories

121 5 0
By benson8796

two days after the sports festival the students had resumed back to there classes, a few people passing raven on her way into school congratulated raven on her third place, she politely smiled and thanked them.

"come on hurry up !"

ravens head lifted to see ida, he and Midoriya were stood by the lockers, raven chuckled and walked over to the pair.

"good morning raven, how have you been!" Midoriya smiled. raven unlocks her locker and hums, "its abit weird, cause i keep getting recognised" she shrugs. "i mean its nice and all, but i want to go to the shop to buy sweets without being bothered"

Midoriya nods, "i was on the train this morning and a lot of people were recognising me, and i wasnt even on the final podium" he shakes his head.

raven smiles "yea, but you made one hell of a show" raven slips her cigarettes out of her pocket and puts them in her locker, ida and Midoriya share a look before turning back to the girl who was walking away.

in the class raven sat behind mina who swung back on her chair abit.

"It's different when they broadcast the matches on TV after all, huh?"

"So many people talked to me on my way here!"

raven listens to peoples conversations and turns to mina. "what about you raven, i mean you came in third, so people are going to notice you!" toru speaks up and raven looks towards the eyes that stare at her.

"i mean yeah, a few people spoke to me, its getting kinda annoying" she shrugs.

the front door swings open and aizawa walks in. "morning"

"good morning!" everyone hums, "Mr aizawa you're bandages are gone"

"the old lady went over board with her treatment" he responds, walking behind his desk. "more importantly were having a special hero informatics class today"

the class falls, "i hope its not a quiz" mina mutters and raven nods her head.

"you need codenames "aizawa spoke up and the class suddenly brightened. "were gonna do something exciting"

"This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day. The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years, after students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to the pros." aizawa pauses.

"In other words, for them to extend offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential." he shows us the daft for the hero picks, raven, Todoroki and bakugo were leading the class with thousands of hero's wanting to recruit them.

ravens eyes widen and she looks at aizawa, he shrugs and raven groans, dropping her head onto the table.

"the pros must have been reluctant to work with Katsuki because of his demeanour during the awards ceremony the kid who had to be restrained on the podium." sero chuckled making bakugo grunt out a "if i scare them, then there just weak"

mina taps ravens head and she slowly lifts to meet her eyes. "are you feeling okay" mina whispers. raven nods and she frowns. "dont lie to me"

"I'm just tired, I've been training a lot recently" she mutters,

"but weve had the past two days to recover" mina frowns at her friend who just shakes her head and sits up straighter, watching as her face hardens and raven takes a deep breath. "I'm alright" she responds before nodding.

midnight arrives and tells the class that she will have final approval over the names. After she hands out canvases to write on, Midnight tells the class they must present the names they've chosen

raven stares down at the canvas and grumbles something, unclipping her pen and scribbling something down.

Most of the class are too nervous to go up, so yuga reveals his name first. He chooses "I can not stop twinkling" and although most of the class find the name strange, Midnight simply shortens it to Can't Stop Twinkling and moves on.

mina tries to choose "Alien Queen" as her label, but Midnight doesn't allow her to compare herself to the villain from Ridley Scott's movie franchise causing the class to worry.

tsu picks the title "Rainy Season Hero: Froppy" and the class responds cheerfully since she chose a normal name in comparison to the initial two.

Kirishima goes up next and reveals he chose to brand himself after his idol "crimson riot" by choosing the name sake "Sturdy Hero: Red Riot".

jiro goes up next and announces that she's chosen "Hearing Hero: Earphone Jack" as her name.

shoji chose "Tentacle Hero: Tentacle", sero selects "Tape Hero: Cellophane", ojiro picks "Martial Arts Hero: Tailman"

Sato takes "Sweets Hero: Sugarman" and mina changes her name to "Pinky". Midnight loves the chosen titles and continues to approve the others with choosing denki "Stun Gun Hero: Charge bolt".

toru picking "Stealth Hero: Invisible Girl", momo selecting "Everything Hero: Creati" and tokoyami electing to simply use his first name. choose "Jet Black Hero: Tsukuyomi", mineta picks "Fresh Picked Hero: Grape Juice".

koda silently selects "Petting Hero: Anima" and bakugo tries to use "King Explosion Murder", but Midnight says his name is a little too violent. ochaco goes up next and reveals "Uravity" as her chosen name.

raven sighs and stands up, she walks up to the front and holds up her canvas.

"CARNAGE!"

midnight gives raven a quick look and raven hums. "dont you think its abit aggressive sounding, for a hero?"

raven shakes her head. "no"

midnight hums and raven spins around and goes to sit back down. ida just uses his name, and Midoriya used the name deku. he explains that although he used to detest the nickname, Ochaco taught him it could have a different meaning and he's had a change of heart. 

 Midnight denies bakugo's elected name change "Lord Explosion Murder".

aizawa returns to the first topic they discussed beforehand. He explains that students who received offers will choose from among their nominations, all the others will use a different list with about forty agencies. Midnight suggests that the students choose an agency that best suits their aspirations, and then Shota dismisses them.

mina wraps her arm around ravens shoulder as they walk to the cafeteria. 

----------

"so where are you going for your internship?" raven groans slightly as she sits beside bakugo, he already had a cigarette between his lips. she dangles her feet over the roof and takes it from his mouth. 

the pair spent every lunch since the sports festival smoking up on the roof. gradually becoming closer as friends. 

"not sure" he grumbles, raven hums, "well, i was looking at mine, i think i might go for a smaller hero"

"why?"

"dunno, just thought it would be a good idea to see what the smaller hero's get up to, i mean the bigger hero's are always on tv" she exhales and passes back to bakugo. he plucks the cigarette from her fingers, "why are you hands always so fucking cold" he grumbles.

raven glanced at her hands and shrugged, "cause of my quirk" she sarcastically responds

"how would i know that!"

"i dont know" raven argues, bakugo glares at her and she smirks, resting her head on his shoulder, "i dunno" she whispers. 

---------------------

"so raven, why carnage?" mina asks taking some of ravens sweets as they walked down the street. 

"well, my dad said i would make a great hero and i rember we spent hours thinking of a hero name, and that's what we settled on" raven hums, "he said it sounds good next to his  and when i was old enough we would go out on patrol together" she pauses, "but i guess that time never came" 

"I'm sorry raven" mina mutters, raven shakes her head. "its fine" 

----------------

ravens hero internship she had been abit intimidated by the larger hero's asking for her, instead she choose a smaller hero. magneto, a hero known for his ability to create any blade. 

maybe she should have gone with a larger hero, she was sweating, the sound of a katana slicing through the air makes her jump, spinning around and bringing her own to clash against it.

raven grunted as the hero pushed on further, going to sweep her legs from under her, raven noticed the subtle movement and swung around, kicking him back before he could do anything raven had jumped over his head and slammed him onto the floor. the blade of her katana rests on magneto's neck and he huffs out a breath.

"well done raven" he nods as she steps back and helps him to his feet. "that's 5 to you and 5 to me, one more match, final round wins all"

raven nods and steps back, magneto walks back and raven walks down the corridor, they had been practicing in an old warehouse, raven listened for his heartbeat, the blood flow, the faint thrumming of the mans was above her, she let out a small breath and listened for it to get closer, and that's what it did.

she pulled out her katana and pressed her back against the wall, magneto made his way down the stairs, looking for raven, he silently opens the door and walks inside the room, raven crouches to the ground and waits for him to walk past, with that she jumps out and in a swift flick both katanas smash against each other, hard enough to draw a spark, they slipped from hands and shot across the ground.

magneto threw the first punch, raven caught his hand and jabbed his chest, he grunted and stumbled back, raven who still had a hold of his hand brought her foot up to smash into his side, he chokes and shoots backwards into the wall.

raven runs over and he laughs, "oh wow, your good" he stands to his feet. "your fast as well"

she smiles and he chuckles, flicking on the lights to illuminate the warehouse.

"let me fix it" raven hummed, gently placing her hands on the mains bruising ribs, he flinched at the coldness of her hands but watches as the bruises heal and raven steps back.

"you'll make one hell of a hero when you're older" he smiles, walking over and picking up the katanas, as if they weren't there he moulded the metal into a small ball, slipping it into his pocket.

"thank you" raven smiles.

---THIS NEXT PART HAS (DEATH MENTION, DRUG OVERDOSE, SH MENTION AND SUICIDE)---

"weve been called to the south side!" magneto grabs his mask and looks to raven. she nods and hurries behind him, carefully taking off her mask for a quick second, slipping a few sugar pills into her mouth before putting her mask back on, she had no idea what she was about to face.

when the pair get to south side raven thinks her heart stops for a second, police cars and ambulances are circled around a house, her eyes look further up the street to her old house, run down and abandoned. after what happened with her mum, Asahi spoke to vlad and he got them a house on a different street.

magneto tapped her shoulder and broke her from her trance. after that night, raven never went back to the south side, it hadnt registered in her head the first time magneto had said that's where they were going.

rain spluttered out the clouds when raven got closer to the house, the wails of a small girl made her look over, a girl, probably around 8, her hands dripping with blood, tears staining her cheeks as police surrounded her, the girl was clearly overwhelmed.

"mother is dead upstairs, killed herself" magneto appears beside raven. "are you okay kid, you look abit pale" he nudges her but raven just steps forward, walking over to the girls, the police turn to see her and she motions for them to leave.

"I've got it" she assured and they all walked away, sharing confused looks, raven knelt down Infront of the girl, the girls sobs were heart-breaking.

raven gently rested her hand on the girls knee, meeting eyes with the crying girl. "what's your name" raven almost whispers and the girls hands are shaking.

"Celia" the girls voice cracks.

"that's a lovely name" raven hums, "breath for me Celia, you are a very brave girl, did you know that?"

Celia shakes her head and raven cups her cheek. "you are so brave, such a brave girl"

"mummy's dead" the girl cry's and raven just wants to wrap the girl into a hug. "its okay Celia, its okay" she whispers, the small girl cry's and throws herself at raven, knocking her back abit, grabbing at her costume and wrapping her arms around her neck.

raven is stiff, slowly her arms wrap around the small girl, she rubs shapes into her back and lets the girl cry. "its okay" raven whispers. slowly standing to her feet she turns to the police who are talking with a boy. he was around 16 years old, his eyes met ravens and he pushed away from the police running over.

"I'm Sam, I'm Celia's older brother, what is going on here!" he is panicking and raven glances down at the girl in her arms, still rubbing her back. "your mother has overdosed" raven's voice cracks abit. watching as Sam's face pales and his hands start shaking.

"listen, were going to take you both to the station okay" raven places a hand on Sam's shoulder, "there going to get in contact with other family members, find you somewhere safe to go"

Sam shakes his head, tears pricking in his eyes. raven leads the pair to the car and sits in the back, Celia was still attached to her as magneto sat up front. the small sniffles from the girls throat made raven sigh.

--------------

in the station Celia had been taken away, the department got her some new clothes and washed away the blood of her mother from her hands, raven sat beside sam.

"parents are supposed to love there kids" he speaks up and raven turns to look at him. "so why do they act like this, why are they so selfish, they hurt and ruin there kids lives "he rubs the tears away.

"i did everything to get her to stop. all i wanted was my mother back" his voice cracks. "apart of me thought, maybe, just maybe if she could see the damage it was doing to her, and the family, that maybe he would give it all up" he cry's.

"that in the end she would realise, that loving us, would be enough"

raven places a hand on his knee, "i was in a similar situation, when i was younger, i tried everything to stop my mother, every day i wished we would be a normal family again, i wished that i would come home and she would be stood there, not laying on the couch passed out" raven pauses, " i wanted her to realise that we were enough"

"did she" Sam asks. raven shakes her head. "she never did, and it broke my heart"

"i wanted her to see me, to love me, to realise that i needed her more that she needed the drugs" raven looks at sam, "i just wanted her to change for me, for Celia, shouldn't we be enough"

"one of the hardest things I've ever learnt was that people wont change because we want them to, they have to want it for themselves" raven speaks, looking up to the roof, "i promise you, life will get better, you will find someone who loves you, you will be happy again" she looks at Sam, tears pour down his cheeks and he tries to brush them all away.

"i- i dont want to do this anymore" he cry's. "i dont want to feel like this anymore"

raven passes him a tissue and he takes it with Shakey hands. "were going to help you Sam"

"things might be tough for a while, but your going to get through it" she promises, her eyes falling to the door where Celia is walked inside, a tall woman walking behind her.

sam stood up and ran over, leaving raven sat on the chair. Sam wraps around the woman and she cradles the back of his head.

after a few seconds raven stands up and eyes turn to her.

"I'm there aunt" the woman speaks, holding a hand for raven to shake, raven hums and shakes her hand. "I'm sorry for your loss"

the woman smiles through glazed eyes, "i wish i would have seen the signs sooner"

just them Sam turned to raven, wrapping her in a hug, he buries his face into her neck. "thank you" he whispers and raven pats the back of his head. "its okay"

just then he steps back and picks up his sister, she looks at raven. "your a very good hero!" she whispers, a small smile on her lips, even though she had just been through hell. ravens heart squeezes and she mutters out a quick "thank you" 

-----------------

"no raven!" Asahi cry's, trying to shove his sister away, she staggered under his arms and her eyes widened. "mum?"

"mum?!" she yells abit louder, walking forward Asahi grabs raven, wrapping his arms around her body, her eyes stuck onto her mothers dead body, laying in a pool of her own fluids. a blood curdling scream leaves ravens throat and she pulls from Asahi, running over to her mother, trying to heal her arms. blood stains ravens hands and sinks into her clothes. 

asahi screams, trying to pry his sister away

"Wake up mum!" raven cry's, her hands grabbing and prying at her mothers cold lifeless cheeks. "please!" 

"raven come on!" asahi pry's his sister away, disappearing down the hall.

"no, i can heal her!" raven screams trying to pry from his grip. "you cant!" he yells, tears burning his skin. "she's dead!" asahi cry's and grabs the phone to ring for the emergency services. 

20 minutes later there outside, the mother has been put into the back of an ambulance, raven is sat beside asahi, he's answering all the questions, as a woman wipes raven down from her mothers blood. 

"and how old are you both?" the woman asks. 

"I'm 17 and she's 13" asahi mutters. 

"and you both have quirks, yes?" 

"yeah"

"i knew your father, he was a great hero" 

"yeah, we know" asahi mutters, "but being good means nothing, cause he still wound up dead" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 251 8
You are a new student at UA and immediately make friends with your whole class after a few weeks you find yourself falling in love with 4 guys and th...
405 24 16
Y/n Bakugou, a young hero in the making, with her twin brother katsuki and her best friend izuku by her side will they be able to navigate not only t...
3.4M 97.3K 85
(𝚈/𝚗) (𝙻/𝚗) 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝...
1.2M 40.3K 90
𝐀 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲, 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 �...