The Bad Fairy (girlxgirlxgirl)

By FannyJosefina

"Now, since you decided to be an awful little fairy and swallow that crystal, I have no choice but to take yo... More

šŸ’§ Introduction šŸ’§
1. Encyclopaedia Of The Middle Realm
2. Blue Teardrop Crystal
3. A Mischievous Fairy
4. Demon
5. The Goblin Prince
6. An Angel's Wrath
7. A Cup Of Tea
8. A Terrible Surprise
9. A Little Big Trickster
10. A Turn Of Events
Page three: Wars between angels and demons
11. Guilt Over Old Mistakes
12. Trust That You'll Be Faster
13. Forgiveness Is Key
14. Feather Light
15. Bow Down
16. Follower
17. Self sufficient
18. Yet another failed plan
19. A common destination
20. A storm on the blue river
Page six: Powers and Metals
21. Awakened
22. Turmoil
23. A sweet blue touch
24. A few stories at once
25. A bucket of water
26. Regrets
27. Nocturnal
28. Conversations in the forest
29. Inner turmoil
30. Nighttime events
Page nine: Blue power and the teardrop crystal
31. The impatient angel
32. The Heaven-Reaching mountains
33. The ultimate betrayal
34. Constructive
35. Two perspectives on travelling
36. Self hatred
37. Footsteps
38. Undefeated chains of restriction
39. Having fun
40. Cast out
Page twelve: The old Gods
41. When two becomes three
42. The royal fight
43. Thrown away
44. In the dungeon
45. In the forest
46. Memories
47. Welcomed home
48. Sworn in blood
49. Hunting
50. Two sided goblin
Page fifteen: City structure and architecture
51. Blue death
52. Nerves
53. Trying, failing and winning
55. Pact of loyalty
56. Blue Moon
57. Last fight
58. Epilogue
!NEW POLYAMOROUS BOOK OUT NOW!

54. For love

903 68 6
By FannyJosefina

💧

Standing in the dark room, a sword in her hand and a completely still look on her face, the archangel Evangeline stares over her previous friends and allies. She thought that she'd feel some sort of anger at seeing them, but honestly all she can feel is indifference. 

It makes her realise a crucial part of her that she never understood before. She's always felt indifferent towards angels. Whether she killed for them, worked for them or led them, she's always felt indifferent. Standing opposite of them, she feels no different from before.

In a way, it's a relief. Now she doesn't have to suppress any kind of emotion. In fact, she can see them as mere targets, standing in the way of what truly matters. Chepi. And, that they were trying to take Chepi. That's all that matters, and that's what she is going to kill them for.

Evangeline has never had any morality. She's like an animal, ironically. It's ironic because others often see her as the picture of discipline, diligence and grace. But in reality she simply showed such an image because she served such people. All she really cares about is her purpose, and so her morality fits with her purpose. Now her purpose is Chepi, and Evangeline is the type to give 100 percent to her purpose.

The moment they heard Nayan say that Chepi wasn't with him, and that she had left to find the next keeper of the crystal, Evangeline already knew what she had to do. She loves Anemone just as much as she loves Chepi, but unlike Chepi Anemone can take care of herself right now, and Anemone isn't in danger. Forgetting Anemone and everyone else in that moment, Evangeline rushed away from the scene with the hopes of finding Chepi before someone else would.

Evangeline is an angel. She knows how much the angels want Chepi, and she knows how often they are one step ahead of everyone else. She knew she could never leave Chepi alone, not even for a second, because the angels would not waste a single opportunity to catch her.

Anemone, almost as if living inside the angel's head, immediately knew what Evangeline was worried about and ran after her. Evangeline didn't even notice the demon was behind her before they reached the tower of the princesses. It was natural that Chepi would go there, because Miriam was the only natural choice left for her, since all her other siblings and friends were in the courtyard. Evangeline and Anemone ran inside together and saw Chepi there, a sword pointed at her and at her older sister, angels flocking to her like animals to water.

Chepi is her morality, and having Chepi has her morality is easy. If Chepi says something, she'll listen. If Chepi is in danger, she'll get rid of that danger. Easy, so easy. It's much easier than having the angel cause and its many rules and disciplines as her morality. Chepi is freeing, in a way, and so Evangeline will kill 'her own' if it means to protect her. Especially when 'her own' stand on the wrong side of history.

"Evangeline?"

The archangel was still surprised to see Pacome as the leader of the angel attack, standing off to the side on the balcony. Pacome is a bright angel and has a lot of experience when it comes to the fairy kingdom and foreign relations, but he is not exactly what Evangeline would call a 'fighter'. Xeraphina is that, and she is that, and honestly nearly all other archangels fit that description, but not Pacome.

Still, he stands here, eyes wide with surprise as he utters her name, probably more surprised to see her here than she is to see him. It seems like the angels didn't know Evangeline had joined the side of the middle realm. Probably because it's a side that has just formed.

Evangeline doesn't waste a breath, and keeps her mouth shut. All other angels in the room are frozen, staring at both Evangeline and Anemone, but with a clear emphasis on the archangel Evangeline, who they both respect, fear and don't know how to treat anymore.

Anemone is already on the floor, holding on to a collapsed fairy, while Miriam is standing still in the corner of the room with at least three swords pointed in her direction. Evangeline is really the only threat right now. But they don't really know how to deal with her. She is an archangel, after all, just as Pacome is.

Pacome, however, knows more than the other angels. He was there when they put her under unofficial house arrest, and he must've been right there in the meeting room when they found out that she had escaped and betrayed them. That is why his surprised look slowly melts into a look of superiority and smugness. And since he is so good at hiding his expressions, Evangeline honestly can't tell whether or not he is nervous at all.

"You ought to know about the warrant over your head, archangel. You didn't happen to think that your house arrest was optional, did you?"

Evangeline almost scoffs at his remark, but she keeps her reactions near impossibly neutral instead. The archangel responds instead with the most monotonous voice she can muster. "The day you manage to lock me up is the same day I die, Pacome."

The other archangel's mask of emotion slips for a split second. He looks annoyed, if anything, but Evangeline can't tell if he's holding back his anger because he is scared or because he is genuinely trying to manipulate her and put up a front in front of the angel soldiers around them. Either way, she doesn't care that much. Pacome cares, though.

"This is embarrassing for you Evangeline, joining the enemy and becoming a traitor like this." His strict eyes turn a little kinder. "Your name isn't publicly slandered yet, you could still do the right thing and come back to our side." He tries his best to convince her, but Evangeline can already tell that he doesn't believe she'll ever change and come back. Even if he did believe it, he is lying.

Her name might not be publicly slandered, but coming back won't be easy. She'll probably be locked up under high security, manipulated and then forced back into the war, if it's still ongoing by the point she is deemed safe enough to fight for them. Evangeline is offended by the mere thought that she'd stand on their side again. Still, as if to play with him, her eyes widen authentically, and she makes sure a look of pity flashes over her face.

"Really?"

It seems like Pacome is actually a little fooled by her innocent desperation, and Evangeline takes that opportunity to take a step forward. Her sword is still in her hand and she doesn't let her eyes leave the other archangel, who looks at her with genuine surprise before answering her softly.

"Of course."

Evangeline takes another step forward, pretending to look torn between the two options laid out in front of her. The act that she is putting on is mildly disturbed by Anemone's indifference. The demon knows that she won't betray them. In fact she is so confident in that knowledge that she doesn't bother turning around or even listening to their conversation at all, her full attention on Chepi and on the angels nearest to them, the closest threats.

Evangeline's performance is believed for a few seconds, though, and it's just enough for her to get close, drop her desperate look back into her regular monotonous one and stare at Pacome with a sense of slight disgust.

"Shut the fuck up."

Evangeline lifts up her sword and cuts straight through the air, already close enough for Pacome not to be able to do anything. It cuts across his chest, creating a deep but not too dangerous scar right over his heart and cutting through his white clothes. Blood quickly stains his shirt and he stumbles backward, eyes wide with surprise.

The other angels draw their swords, but Evangeline has never seen them as a threat, and she never will. She turns to the left and meets a sword coming her way, pushing it to the side by using her own blade, and then meeting the next target with a quick swing to their neck. One angel after another fall at her feet.

Anemone stands up and kills anyone daring to come close. When one of the angels guarding Miriam turns to fight Evangeline, the princess takes that opportunity to jump up, kick one of the angel's in front of her in the chest so that they stumble backward, and then cut the other across his throat when he tries to swing his sword at her.

Evangeline fights her way toward Pacome so fast that he hasn't even recovered from the shock once she reaches him. Suddenly she is there, at least ten lying angels by her feet, a sword pointed right at his chest, backing him into the balcony and threatening to push him off with the tip of her weapon.

Pacome is wide eyed, and only now does Evangeline finally recognise that his expression had been one of fear this entire time. He knew, just as he logically should have, that Evangeline could beat him and everyone else in this room in a matter of minutes. Seconds, even. He knew that because he truly is a smart angel, and his only option was to try and stall her by using words.

Sadly for him, Evangeline is not big on words. She lets her sword do all the talking for her. Pacome realised that too late, because now he is standing in the face of death, a subtly warning and pleading look on his face. "You wouldn't dare." He doesn't sound nearly as commanding as he should, but to be fair he has never been big on the commanding part.

Evangeline doesn't hate him. He works for the angels and has done his duty, just as she once did and has done. Feeling merciful, knowing that he has helped her many times in the past, Evangeline looks at him sternly and doesn't move her sword.

"Give up, go back home, or die."

He looks like he doesn't want to die, but at the same time he is tied down to his duty and partially, to his pride. Not saying a word, Pacome only stares back at her with his fearful expression melting into one of discipline and duty. Evangeline sighs, her jaw clenched.

She honestly doesn't really want to kill him right now, but she won't hesitate to do so if he denies her a second time. That's why she takes a step forward and makes sure that the edge of her sword presses on his fresh wound, so that he may feel what death would feel like, should he continue down this path. "Pacome. Go back home."

Pacome's dutiful expression falters. He opens his mouth, hesitates, and looks a little lost. Just like she did when she put on an act to fool him, except it's more real this time. After a moment of silence, Pacome looks away from her and mutters out what she wants to hear.

"I'll go back."

He looks like he decided on this the moment she walked through the door. Evangeline is like a machine you can't escape. The angels must've felt losing her a bigger loss than anything else, because the moment her sword is pointed in your direction, you run. Pacome opens his wings wide while keeping his eyes on her, half careful and half ready to leave. Evangeline keeps her sword pointed at him, not trusting him even for a single moment. But she lets him leave, flying off into the night sky and leaving angels behind. 

The few angels who are still conscious or alive get up and follow him, and Evangeline doesn't stop them. They might return to fight her later in the hour, but for now, she has other things to worry about. She waits a few seconds before turning around, facing a slightly breathless Miriam. It's almost painful not to look at Chepi first, but Evangeline knows that Anemone is there with her, so all is well.

"It's good to meet you again, although under regretful circumstances."

"Indeed, archangel."

Miriam gives her a slight bow, since when Evangeline was still archangel their ranks were the same. But Evangeline shakes her head, putting her sword back in her belt temporarily. She bows even deeper than Miriam did. "I believe I'm only Evangeline now, your highness." Miriam looks a little confused, but really there must be a thousand different things on her mind that keep her from thinking about it too deeply.

"I don't believe I understand, but I have seen the way you and your demon friend fight on our side, so I won't protest your presence. You are here to protect her, and not kidnap her, correct?"

Evangeline doesn't really know what to say. Everything has been happening so quickly. Just a few weeks ago she had a place and a purpose. She was an archangel, at the top of the food chain. She knew who to bow to, what her rank was, and who should bow to her. She knew what her relation was to other people and could easily explain why she was doing what she was doing. But now, when she is following her heart rather than her heritage, nothing is the same.

As a disciplined person who likes to follow rules, it's hard for her to not know which rules apply and which don't. Still, Evangeline is willing to try. For Anemone, for Chepi, and for her own happiness. Even for the future of the middle realm, which she has grown to love with each and every mission that she has spent here in the last few years. So, Evangeline says the only thing she can.

"I must introduce myself to you properly when all of this is over, your highness. I stand on your side, as long as you stand on Chepi's. She is the one we follow."

Miriam nods slowly, her eyes still shining with a hint of confusion.

"I see."

Evangeline gestures at the door, wanting to cut their conversation short. "You should join the others in the courtyard. If the angels have reached this room, they must've reached them too." Miriam doesn't move, though. She looks at Evangeline for a while, then down at Chepi, before looking back up at the angel. "Protect her for me, will you? With father gone, I and the rest of our siblings must protect the kingdom and palace, but really it is her I wish to protect now."

Evangeline nods to her without a hint of hesitation.

"I will keep her safe."

Miriam looks back at the angel, her determination now equally as strong.

"You are of honest character, Evangeline. I trust you."

With that, the princess leaves, but not before giving Chepi one last worried glance. Evangeline listens to the princesses footsteps as they rush down the hallway. Then, as soon as Miriam has faded away and she can no longer smell any conscious angels, she quickly bends down to where Anemone is together with Chepi.

"Come on, we don't have much time. Let's find safety-" She stops mid sentence, about to say 'in the forest' but realising that somebody could be listening despite her not sensing their presence. "-Somewhere else" she continues, after a moment of hesitation. Anemone nods to her seriously, and helps the drowsy Chepi back to her feet. 

Chepi looks bad. Not in that way, but in a worrisome way. It's like she is using all the energy she has left into dealing with the pain that must be tormenting every part of her body right now. Nothing in the old texts about the crystal mention it being painful to deal with an active crystal, but Evangeline imagines it is only natural. The crystal is in her heart, after all, and actively trying to leave. It must hurt a lot. 

Taking Chepi's hand, Evangeline and Anemone lead her toward the balcony. The rest can continue their fight on the courtyard, but they have to leave. It'll be safer in the forest, away from society. 

It'll be safer there.

💧

Thank you so much for 40k!

I'm so sorry for the constant delays that I've had these past few weeks. The final chapters will all come within this week, though, so there will be no more delays. Next chapter coming on Tuesday, aka tomorrow 5.12. Thank you so much for your constant support and especially your patience!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

730K 42.2K 128
[mlm] The lonely Elf had waited many years to meet his bonded mate, but reality was harsher than he would have liked when he finds out his mate is no...
1.9M 44.4K 67
Have you ever felt so broken that you couldn't pull yourself out of bed and continue to live your life like you used to. A simple task such as tying...
632K 34.6K 67
Time didn't matter to her. She got up when the sun did and tried to sleep when the sun went down. because of this seemingly endlessness, she's forgot...
39.5K 1K 17
{Edited 7\1\23} She leaned closer to me and her lips landed on my own. I moan at the euphoric sensation. I absolutely love it. We pull away from one...