A Survivor's life in the dung...

By TheManCandy

Witness the journey of a man who lost everything, as he dives in the dungeon for strength and power. will he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Announcements
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
I'm sorry.
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Fuck Me
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 (Noice)
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
No Update Today
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Announcement
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
no chapter today
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Sorry
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Not a chapter (contain slight spoiler)
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93 Epilogue (Book1)
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Heracles Familia (New Members)
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Greetings!!!
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Sorry
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Well, Y'all Might Be Wondering.
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Welp, it's that time of the year again.
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140

Chapter 106

252 11 3
By TheManCandy

-17th floor, Wall of grief.

Denki and the rescue party stopped at the familiar entrance, they stared at the wall of grief without any ounce of fear. For Denki, Helga, Ryuu, and Asfi, the Goliath was little more than an inconvenience, especially with them fighting it together.

Not to mention the other members of the rescue team, Lysander, Eira, and Bors. All having experience of facing and killing the monster rex.

The only weak link in their group are the trio from the Takemikazuchi familia, who for the first time, had ever laid eyes on the wall of grief. As well as the gods, Hestia, and Hermes, who are practically useless when it came to a fight.

"So what's the plan here? We can't really fight that thing. Not the Lady Hestia, and Lord Hermes around." Bors raised the question that's on everyone's mind.

Denki bit his thumb nail as his brain starts to formulate a plan. 'We could stall... The six of us could hold it down, while Ouka, Mikoto, and Chugasa, escorts the two gods down the safe zone... We could also rush forward, prioritizing speed to outrun it... But the gods wouldn't be able to keep up...'

Helga watched Denki as he racked his brain, for her this is where Denki is the best at, while she specialized in the on-the-spot decision making, Denki excelled at strategizing and planning their moves. He always looks at a different angle, and always comes up with a sound plan if given enough time.

'He sure has grown a lot.' she thought to herself. While the young samurai was still green, he had proven himself capable, and shown qualities a leader possesses.

Asfi as well had a serious look on her face, she too realized, that with the gods here, their movement would be limited.

Right now, the two of them are the best strategists in the group, one born out of necessity, while other was molded with experience.

Ryuu, a level 4 as well, doesn't excel in this sort of skill, she was more like Helga, able to make decisions on the fly, and is a keen practitioner of the "In the moment" approach.

"I have a plan..." Denki spoke up, as he took his knife and kneeled on the ground. He started drawing the makings of his plan. "There's two option, and I would like to have your opinions on it." he faced the group with a serious look.

"Option one is for Me, Helga, miss Asfi, miss Ryuu, and the rest of Heracles familia to stall Goliath" He draws a huge circle, with seven "X" circling around it. He then pointed towards Ouka. "While the rest of you will run and escort the gods down the 18th floor." he then drew three squares forming a triangle formation outside two small circles.

"The problem with this plan is that we have to time it right. If the stalling team is a bit late, or if the escort team is a bit early." He continued as he draw the big circle braking the encirclement of "X" "The Goliath will break free as it's aggro would probably target the gods. We have enough proof that the monsters here go crazy if they sense divinity."

Asfi also kneeled down, looking at the plan seriously, her right hand covering her mouth as she thinks deeply. "What's the second option?" she asked.

"The second option is simple, yet more risky... We run for it, with you and miss Ryuu, carrying the two goddess as you two are probably the fastest out of all of us here." Denki answered, he then sighed. "But with no one stalling the rex, there's a risk that it may catch up. And with the gods literally in your hands, you two wouldn't be able to defend the incoming blow. Helga and I are the only level 3 here, we might be able to manage and take 1 blow, but the rest of us would die in one hit."

Asfi contemplated, she then looked at Denki and asked. "Why me and Ryuu? Couldn't you and Helga carry them instead? The two of us are better equipped of defending against the blows."

Denki shook his head. "That's my first thought as well, but we would be a tad bit slow in the process. And this plan needs speed above all else. As with no one holding the rex back, it would inevitably target the gods so we have to get out as fast as we can."

"Wouldn't it be safer if all of us run for it?" Hestia asked, confused on why the two -Denki, and Asfi- are fussing about it.

"It wouldn't. Goliath is a level 4 rex, it's stats are higher than everyone here." Eira answered, explaining why running for the exit is a bad idea. "While some of us may be able to make it, others would be killed in the process."

"...." Hestia could only bite her lips, she isn't a combat god, she silently watched as Asfi, and Denki formulate a plan, clenching her fist, feeling useless.

"So do we all agree?" Denki asked, making sure everyone is on the same page. "On using option one?"

"It's a good plan. But timing is essential." Asfi nodded, standing up.and dusting her knees as she turned to look at the entrance of the boss room. "I'll be the one coordinating out timing, the escort squad would go on my signal, while we pull aggro and stall the monster rex."

"No problems with me here. That's was what I was gonna suggest anyway." Denki nodded, while the rest has a look of determination on their face, looking straight at the wall of grief. He likes it, he wasn't sure if he will be able to coordinate timing, thankfully Asfi is here more that matter.

The team did some last minute check with their equipment, while Asfi and Denki go through some final checks with the plan. Their goal isn't to kill the rex, it was to ensure that everyone is safe and had passed through the 18th floor safe zone.

"Alright. This is the last hurdle, remember our goal isn't to kill Goliath but to make sure that the gods and everyone else makes it to the 18th floor safe zone." Denki stood at the entrance and looked back towards the rescue party. "For the stalling team; prioritize your safety, don't be a hero. For the escort team; move as fast as you can, don't worry about us, once you make it out, will be coming shortly after."

The team all nodded in agreement, readying themselves for what's to come. "Miss Asfi, if you will." Denki took a step back, giving full control to Asfi of what they would do inside the boss room.

"Heracles got himself some good children." Hermes who was standing at the back with Hestia smiled, his mind inadvertently went back to the large god, and how he brought fear to their kind when he was mortal. "He had trained them well. Especially young Denki."

"It's a mystery to me on how such a muscle headed gorilla had managed to pull several talented children into his familia." Hestia whined and pouted as she folded her arms in a haughty manner.

Hermes could only laughed awkwardly, for the first time, he hasn't a comeback for Hestia, too afraid of what Heracles might do if he agrees with Hestia saying that he is a muscle headed gorilla.

The two deities returned their attention back to the mortals, watching them work together to face challenges was one of the reasons why they descended down to the lower world in the first place.

"Each one has a role to play, the escort team will move on my signal, we will pull the Goliath at the farthest corner of the room. Remember that timing is important, only move when I give my signal." the adventurers nodded as Asfi gave her final pep-talk. "Above all else, work together, no one will die here."

.
.
.

*ROAR!!!*

The Goliath rex let out a mighty bellow as Asfi, Ryuu, Denki, Helga, Lysander, Eira, and Bors rushed towards it.

Asfi was the one who delivered the opening blow, grabbing one of her creation, a needle like rod, with runic carvings on its base. Asfi loaded her mana into the sharp rods, as they glow a bright blue hue.

She the threw three of those rods straight towards the monster's face, exploding in contact as the mana inside burst.

The monster reeled back a bit, feeling dizzy from the blow, not because of the damage, but from the sound that erupted near it's ear.

Ryuu dashed forwards, brandishing her sword straight for it's tendons, she made sure to load her mana into it, making her blade sharper.

The monster let out a grunt as it momentarily lost it's balance, Denki took advantage of that. Sheathing his weapon, Denki ran full speed towards Helga. "Helga! Shield!"

"Got it!" Helga sheathed her Claymore and grabbed her shield, facing Denki, she kneeled to the ground and pointed the large kite shield towards Denki, tilting it slightly into the air.

Denki smiles as he jump towards Helga, he then loaded mana into his feet, landing on her shield. With a grunt, Helga pushed up, aiming for the Goliath's head, launching Denki straight at it.

He then grabbed his sword mid-air, flying at the monster with an iaijutsu stance. He loaded mana into his sword, his whole body glowing a shade of orange that is reminiscent of the sun setting and autumn skies.

The voice of August sounded in his head. "Remember Denki, an attack must have intent!" as a violent smile slowly creeped into his lips, mirroring that of his captain.

Hermes, watching it had a creepy smile forming in his face. 'Looks like Heracles has another monster in his ranks. Who would have thought?' he thought to himself, as his heart beated fastly. 'Lord Zues, another mortal had proven himself worthy for the new era, if only you can see how interesting Orario is right now.' his smile grew wider as he holds himself back from laughing out loud.

Yamato Mikoto was at awe at what she was seeing, no... Everyone from the Takemikazuchi familia who came from the Far-east could see it. The fire that was from the legend of the Far-east, Mashima Toga, was burning brightly inside Denki's sword.

"Amazing..." Ouka could only mutter blankly, starting at awe of the young samurai.

While Chugasa could only drop her jaw at what she is seeing, it was perfection, the way his mana moved and coat his sword, you can feel the sharpness of it.

With a grin, Denki uses his left thumb to pushed his katana out of the scabbard, while his right hand held the handle softly, loosely, his hand, clasping the handle perfectly.

"Iaijutsu..." like a soft breeze, Denki's voice travelled into everyone's ear, his hand pulled the katana out of his scabbard in one smooth motion, the mana flowing like a river, trailing the slash of his sword.

The blade moved, straight for Goliath's eye, and with no wasted movement, it reached point A, to point B, in a fraction of a second. His sword didn't feel any resistance from the skin, it felt perfect in his hands, the motion was beautiful to look at, like art.

Denki landed on the ground, no sound was heard as he landed, it was as if he was floating. He began sheathing his katana without looking at Goliath. "Soyokaze." the sword locked in place with a click. And on cue, a huge gash appeared on the monster's face, running straight from eye to eye.

*ROAR!!!*

The monster roared in pain, as it's hand clasped it's eyes, the roar was deafening, they could feel their ears ringing as it trashed blindly due to anger and pain.

Asfi looked at the entrance, staring at the escort team. "NOW!!!" she yelled, snapping them into action. Ouka, Mikoto, and Chugasa surrounded the gods as they rushed towards the entrance to the 18th floor safe zone.

Asfi then ran besides Denki, looking at him differently, "Well, that's one way to get its attention." she chuckled, staring at the monster who at this time was starting to heal.

"It was shallow, I could have slashed deeper." Denki answered, keeping his eyes on the rex.

"Well, you sure made it flashy! Hahaha!" Bors chimed in, gripping his axe as he prepared himself to engaged.

"Yeah, where did that come from?" Helga as well jumped in the conversation. Trying to lighten the mood before they engaged at the now furious monster. "And you really made it mad, it isn't even looking at the gods, it's eyes are solely focus on you."

"That was the plan, as soon as the escort team makes it, we have to book it as well." Denki shrugs as he answered. Taking another iaijutsu stance as he willed his mana to burst forth. The others followed suit, letting their mana run wild, determine to stood their ground to let the escort squad have free passage towards the 18th floor.

"Remember, our goal isn't to kill it. No need for any more flashy moves." Asfi let out a playful chuckle as the group move at the now charging monster.

.
.
.
.
.

There's a small feast set up by the Loki familia in the 18th floor, it was to welcome Bell, and his party as well as to congratulate them for making it all the way towards the safe zone.

It was not lavish by any means, but it made Bell, Welf, and Lili, all gulp and droll at the smell. They were hungry, especially after what they have been through.

The night was full of laughter as the adventurers enjoyed themselves with the small feast. As that was happening, a piercing scream entered everyone's ears.

The others choose to ignored it, they were in the safe zone, so no monsters could ever come down here. Thinking it was just some adventurers having fun with each other.

But not Bell. He recognized the voice, it belonged to a very important person for him. He got up from where he was seated and ran towards the entrance of the 18th floor moving up.

.
.
.

"WAAAHHHHHHH!!!" Hestia screamed as she roll down the steep corridor towards the 18th floor. "Arghhh... Why didn't anyone told me that thing would be that big?!" She groaned as she caressed her head.

"Goddess?" A familiar voice entered her ear, it made her paused, like a statue. She turned slowly, her eyes glistening as tears started to form.

She saw the white haired adventurer, her child, the one who she came down the dungeon for. After two days of worrying non-stop. She is finally reunited with Bell.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

***

Chapter 106 is now complete. How are you all enjoying the story so far?

Again, sorry for the late upload, yesterday was hectic for me, got caught up with a double shift, thankfully today is my day-off so I'm able to get some much needed rest, and was able to write a chapter that I'm happy with.

Please leave a comment, review, and feedback to help me improve this fanfic. Every little thing helps me understand your preferences and will contribute to writing a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

Thank you for following this fanfic. I hope you're enjoying it.

Have a good day, everyone. Love y'all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 768 80
In a world where suddenly it's every man for himself. A young, popular boy from a prestigious high school had unknowingly triggered an influential ma...
141K 2K 20
A man by the name of Daniel Langcaster dies in his world from saving a lot of people during a robbery as such he meets god and he tells him of his d...
112 9 12
Izuku finds himself in the hospital after a gnarly fight with a villain. However, he notices that things are different. The place looks abandoned and...
22.6K 738 39
" "Fine. If you don't want me to care, I won't fucking care. No one ever will! Enjoy being alone and hated forever!" That's one less who will miss m...