"Caught between the tides of...

Galing kay taco_Hater

Lin, the fraternal twin to Leyley, is forced to follow after Andy and Leyley after he's trapped in an apartme... Higit pa

Soup For Your Thoughts?
The Missing Batteries Incident
I Love Pork!
Memory Lanes A Bitch.
Killer Sense
Freedom At Last
Freedom? (Mostly Fixed)
Right To Survive

The Insanity

1.9K 63 50
Galing kay taco_Hater

You wake up, refreshed and ready to be productive!

Or not.

-{=}-{=}-{=}-

Lin groaned, rubbing his face into the couch and closing his eyes harder in an attempt to not wake up.

The hunger pains sure didn't help him. Waking up early was just a crappy reminder of the hell he was currently stuck in.

Lin sighed, unhappy about the fact that his body refused him the sweet embrace of sleep, just to tell him to find something to eat.

He turned around, now lying so his body could face the TV. Reaching down, he grabbed the remote on the floor and powered the TV on.

Nothing better to do he supposed.

-(+)-(+)-(+)-

After watching TV for some unknown amount of time, Lin heard the sound of footsteps making their way into the large living space. Light, maybe a half-second difference in each step. Ashley.

Lin didn't bother trying to speak to her, instead just paying more attention to the TV.

Ashley stopped by the couch, some clothes tucked under her arm.

"Hey, give me your dirty clothes." She said, making Lin look up at her.

"Oh, you're gonna clean up for me Ashley? That's so nice of you." Lin said, rolling his eyes.

"Ok, Nevermind asshole. Try and do something nice and this is the thanks I get." She said, turning away and making her way into the bathroom/Laundry room.

Lin watched her turn the corner into the bathroom. Before simply looking back at the TV.

Soon, the sound of the Washing machine starting is heard.

Then a loud thud.

Lin, hearing the loud noise, looked away from his Show, before sighing and standing up. Making his way into the bathroom.

"Did you drop something or-?" Lin cut himself off when he saw Ashley out cold on the floor.

Lin stared at her for a few seconds, weighing his options in his mind.

He could, a; Help Ashley and waste what little precious energy he had left. Or b; just leave her laid out on the floor until she woke up.

Honestly, to Lin, option b seemed pretty juicy. But he knew then he'd have Andrew nag at him. Which was something Lin didn't want to deal with right now.

Lin walked over, grabbed Ashley's wrist, and dragged her into the living room.

That is what he would have said if anyone asked how she got from the bathroom to the living room.

In reality, Lin just picked her up and dropped her off on the couch.

Lin sighed and stretched until he heard his back pop. Then made his way into Ashley's room.

"Hey Andrew," Lin started, entering the room and getting the man who had previously been blankly staring down at the attention of the floor. "Ashley passed out." He said nonchalantly.

"What?!" Andrew asked, up in a flash as he made his way into the living room, and quickly went to her side.

"Damn it, Ashley, I told you not to overdo it!" Andrew complained as he put the back of his hand on her forehead.

Lin stared quietly, watching Andrew check on Ashley. No clear emotion on the boy's face.

-(+)-(+)-(+)-

S

Sometime later, Ashley wakes up, her head resting on Andrews's stomach and facing the TV.

Lin sat in the same spot as practically always, at the very far left end of th couch, on the floor. Right now he faced the TV with his full attention.

"Good news once again!" The newscaster said, a smile adorning his snake-like face.

"Some of you maaaaay have heard from your loved ones, that there's been supply shortages in the quarantined households."

"Well boy are we pleased to announce that all of that has been taken care of!"

"....it has?" Ashley asked softly, her voice rough.

"Does it look like im eating right now?" Andrew asked, not bothering to look down at her.

Ashley doesn't answer.

"On that note, we'd like to remind all of you not to enter the contaminated apartments."

"No, your friends don't need anything from you. Everything is taken care of."

"Should you feel the urge to help, the staff will be administering bullets directly into your brain as a thank you."

Lin chuckled at that.

"What's funny about that?" Andrew asked, looking over.

"... I don't know," Lin said softly, thinking about it for a few seconds.

"I don't know..." He said again as Ashley drips back into unconsciousness.

-(+)-(+)-(+)-

The phone phone ringing wakes Ashley up. But she's too tired to even attempt to get up.

Andrew ran his fingers through Ashley's hair, soothing her as she woke up.

"Hello?" Lin asked, answering the phone instead.

"No, he's awake..." Lin said, stopping to listen to what was said.

Andrew and Ashley looked over at that, Andrew stopping the head rubs. Ashley almost complained about it stopping, but her curiosity was her better.

"Uh-huh..." Lin said, leaning into the wall. Looking down at his fingers.

"..."

"Really?" He asked. He sounded surprised, but his facial expression was one of uncaringness.

"..."

"Yeah sure, I can get him real quick," Lin said, laying the phone on the desk, before looking over at Andrew.

"You coming or not? It's Julia." Lin said, Andrew was up quickly, a smile spreading across his face as Ashley gave a slight scowl.

Lin moved out of the way, allowing Andrew to grab the phone, and put it up to his ear.

"Hey, you were calling for me?" Despite his trying to sound nonchalant, his giddiness bled through.

Lin leaned back, resting against the wall and crossing his arms. Starting at the back of Andrew.

"oh yeah..." He said, agreeing with something.

"..."

"No no... Go ahead."

"..."

"Well that's-... I mean I can't do anything about that..." Andrew said, crossing one of his arms.

"Or I can try talking to her, but-..." Andrew was cut off by the person on the phone. His expression grew slightly annoyed.

"No, I mean yes. But that dosen't-..." Andrew face palmed, cut off again.

"No, im not angry. I'm just-"

"No, I-"

"...Can you let me talk?" Andrew asked, his frustration burning into his tone.

The voice on the end got increasingly louder.

"----Always about---- you don't ------ley and Ashley, and----" Julia continued on her tirade.

"----'ve has time to think----..."

"---- ---Just can't -- anymore." Julia finished off, Andrew standing there quietly for a few seconds.

"So... That's it then?" Andrew asked softly, almost crossing his fingers to wish it wasn't.

She doesn't reply, and Andrew waits.

".... Well, alright I guess?" He said, shaking his head.

"What else is there to say..... Sorry?" He questioned, before giving a half-assed apology.

"Although I really don't see why I should be held accountable for--" Andrew began to get angry, his frustration let loose fully, only to be cut off as Julia hung up on him.

"Ah." He said softly, uncaring.

Andrew sighed as he slammed the phone back in place.

"You just get dumped?" Lin asked as Andrew turned around.

"The hell do you think?" He asked, walking past him and toward the balcony.

"Ooh, I wonder why she dumped you?" Ashley said from her prone position, causing Andrew to stop walking.

"Why do you think?" He asked, anger clear in his tone.

"... W-Well how would I know? Maybe it's cause your body is infested with parasites and you're a homebody that's perma-quarantined?" She gave a shot in the dark.

"Or because she found somebody new? It has been a few months, buddy." She said, taking a jab at Andrew.

"Or maybe she just didn't like you all that much in the first place?" one final shot.

".... Sure, whatever you say Ashley." he said, walking to the door.

"For completely unrelated reasons, did she have like a younger sister or a hot mom who was rich?" Lin asked, but Andrew either didn't hear or didn't bother as he opened the balcony door and stepped out.

"...." It plunged the living room in silence.

Lin noticed Ashley close her eyes after a few seconds.

"Nuh-uh, it's late enough already. Go sleep in your own bed you bum." Lin said, walking over to the couch and attempting to get Ashley to move.

Ashley opened one of her eyes, staring at Lin unimpressed.

"Can't you see im tired? I've fainted once today already, and im already comfortable. Just go away and let me sleep?" Ashley asked.

Lin is staring down at her as she falls asleep.

Lin briefly thinks of just throwing her off the couch. With how angry Andrew is at the moment, it's not like he would care.

Lin reached out slowly, a slight predatory grin crossing his face.

But then Lin pulls his arm back. Simply rolling his eyes.

"At least move your ass over a bit if you're gonna sleep here. I may sit on it, but im not sleeping on the floor Ashley." Lin grabbed one of her legs, pulling it slightly.

Ashley groaned but complied. Moving over a little so that there was a small amount of room behind her.

Lin lay down, their heads lying on opposite sides of the couch as Lin watched TV.

-(+)-(+)-(+)-

Sometime later, Ashley opens her eyes. And the first thing she notices is the cartoons.

"Really?" she asked, starting at it unimpressed.

"What? Not like there's much else to watch." Lin said, his head propped up by his hand.

"But cartoons? What are you, five?" She asked, her eyes glued to the screen like a hypocrite.

"Meh," Lin said with a shrug.

"Is Andy still outside?" Ashley asked softly.

"I didn't hear Andrew come inside no," Lin said, shaking his head.

"Mhm..." She moaned softly as she stretched.

"Move your feet, Ashley," Lin said, moving back, and when Ashley didn't respond to his command in the gracious .024 seconds after he gave it to her, he used his knee to push her off the couch.

She landed with a thud, straight on her back with one arm reaching back to try and save herself.

"Asshole." She said, glaring up at Lin, who smiled innocently.

"I told you to move~"

"You're the worst." She said, begging to stand.

"Uh huh, I-..." Lin cut himself off, abruptly. Looking over at the door.

"Huh?" She asked, only for Lin to shush her louder then she questioned him.

"Do you hear that?" Lin asked, turning off the TV with the remote.

Ashley tuned her ears and confirmed a second later.

"The ambulance? So what, we hear them all the time." She said with a shrug.

"Yeah, but never this close." Lin stood up, never one to give up a free show, and walked outside.

A second later, Ashley walked out as well.

The first thing she hears is a cacophony of voices. All yelling for the ambulance. For help.

Lin smiles at the sounds of their begging. Meanwhile watching as a young woman was put into the back of the ambulance before it took off in a hurry.

"Color me surprised. They actually came to help." Andrew said, following the ambulance with his gaze.

"Figured they'd just let her die," he said with a shrug.

"Maybe she was. I didn't see her moving." Ashley chimed in.

"From all the way up here?" Lin asked, looking over with a raised eyebrow.

"Hmm, and would they really be blaring their sirens for a corpse?" Andrew asked. Looking over at Ashley.

"Then what do you suppose was her emergency?" Ashley asked, racing an eyebrow as she crossed her arms.

"No idea. No one showed up when you fainted." Andrew said, looking back over to the street.

"Well to be fair, it's Ashley we're talking about here," Lin said, and Andrew gave a burst of laughter at that.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I think you know."

"..." They went quiet as Andrew calmed down from his burst of laughter.

"... Well maybe she went into labor?" Ashley suggests, leaning forward so her upper half is over the railing.

"yeah, maybe..." Andrew said, giving a nod.

Ashley went quiet, thinking of something.

"Think they'd bring me food if I got pr--" Ashley began, only to be cut off by Andrew.

"Nope."

"Let me finish!" Ashley demanded.

Lin meanwhile looked down at the drop below and contemplated diving.

"How would you even get pregnant in here?" Andrew asked, glaring at Ashley.

"Well, we do have that one charming fellow next door?" She said, looking over at the neighboring balcony.

"Oh, I volunteer!" Lin said, looking over at the two.

"..." The two stared at him quietly.

"To get me pregnant? Whoa, didn't know you were into me like-" Ashley began.

"No, not that you idiot," Lin said, glaring at her for a second. "I volunteer to go find some girl and get her pregnant. I alone will carry this horrible burden, then we can see if she gets any more food!" Lin nodded to himself proudly.

"Absolutely not," Andrew said with a shake of his head.

"Psh, lame," Lin said, rolling his eyes.

"Where would you even find someone? I don't think the neighbor will just let you climb past his balcony to find some girl for you to knock up." Andrew asked, looking over at him.

"Oh, the person who lives beneath us is a girl!"

"How do you know?"

"I heard her contemplating just jumping so she didn't have to starve about 2 weeks ago. I'm sure at the slightest chance of even getting a sliver of more food she'd accept my offer." Lin said, nodding his head.

"you'd take advantage of her need for food?" Andrew asked, racing an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't say it like that, but pretty much."

"Psh, like I'd ever let you do that to some poor woman." Ashley said with a shake of her head.

"Hasn't stopped me before," Lin said before he turned and walked inside.

"... Wait, what does that mean Lin!?" She yelled.

"What does that mean?" Andrew asked much calmer as he thought about it.

-(+)-(+)-(+)-

It's been a few days since then. And in that time, a whole of nothing happened. Well, besides Ashley fainting. Again. So nothing important has happened in Lin's eyes.

And now Lin watched from a table chair as Andrew kicked at the door fruitlessly.

It was then he noticed Ashley walk in. Her hair was a mess and her expression was annoyed.

"How many more times are you gonna try that? It's clearly barred from the other side." She said, racing an eyebrow.

"What else am I supposed to do!?" Andrew asked, but before anyone could add anything they heard a pound from the other side of the door.

"if you don't stop banging on the door, I won't be bringing you any food tonight!" The warden, or one of them, yelled from the other side.

"You won't either way!" Andrew yelled back.

"Says you! The delivery will be here in a matter of hours." He said, and that seemed to pique their interest.

"Guess you don't want anything?" He asked, only getting silence In return.

"Yeah that's right. Now you better stop bang bang banging on that door or im gonna go in there and bang bang bang your head into the floor."

The warden's footsteps fade away.

"...Do you think they'll really get that delivery today?" Andrew asked quietly.

"Like, I didn't fuck this up for us, did I...?" Andrew asked as he put his finger.

"Unlikely," Ashley said.

"Probably not." Lin replied.

"Though, I guess we'll see."

nothing got delivered.

-(+)-(+)-(+)-

Andrew and Ashley lay on the rug on the floor. Meanwhile, Lin watched them from atop the couch.

Andrew sighed deeply.

"...... Talk about something." Ashley said, staring at the ceiling.

"I got nothing."

"Try." She demanded.

"So.....parasites." Andrew started them off. Great play, truly brilliant.

"It's been a few months. Either of ya feel any different?" Andrew asked.

"hunger/boredom." Ashley and Lin said.

"You'd think something would be happening to us by now," Andrew said, gritting his teeth.

"But I haven't noticed anything."

"That nurse never came back either. Like don't you want to monitor us?" Andrew asked.

"Oh yeah, that one that took our blood right? I completely forgot about her." Lin said, putting a finger to his chin in thought.

"Ugh, who cares?"

"Me Ashley, I care," Andrew said angrily.

"well I don't care, nor do I care that you care." Ashley said, looking off to the side smugly.

"Aside from starving, it's not so bad here."

"Come again?"

"That's a lie if I've ever heard one." Lin said, rolling his eyes.

"Aside from starving, I like it here," Ashley said, looking over at Andrew.

"..... Well I don't " Andrew finally said.

"I wanna jump off the balcony," Andrew said, laying his hand on his face to hide his frustrations.

"Mhm." Lin gave a nonverbal agreement.

"Ooh, I'll race you." Ashley said excitedly.

Andrew burst into laughter.

"No, seriously, let's go!" Ashley yelled. Sitting up slightly with a smile.

"Let's not. Though I appreciate your eagerness to join me." Andrew said, covering a smile.

"But it's a bit too romantic, so I'll pass."

"Romantic?" Lin asked, glancing away from the wall he had stared blankly at while listening to the duo speak and at Andrew.

"Excuse me?"

"What? Can neither of you understand it? Just imagine hitting the ground together, with such force we'll be turned into mush. Never to be separated!" Andrew said, a large smile adorning his face.

"Our remains would be so tangled up they'd have no choice but to put us into the same coffin."

"Literally insane talk all around," Lin said with an eyerole.

"I mean, we might as well. Been in this place so long it feels like a coffin." Ashley said, glaring around the walls and furniture.

"I'm not jumping off the balcony with you." Andrew reaffirmed his earlier statement.

"Get your head checked. "

"I should get my head checked??" Ashley asked, glaring over at Andrew.

"No wonder your girlfriend dumped you if this was your idea for romance," Ashley said bitterly.

"Ooh, they fighting," Lin said, watching the show. And purposely ignoring the thought of eating a certain corn-based snack.

"not 'Romance', I said 'Romantic'. They're not the same thing." Andrew said. Annoyed at having to explain.

"Romantic just means something is-"

The neighbor starts blasting his music again.

"...Again?! I just wish he'd just-"

The roar and shake of the building shut him up.

Andrew and Ashley sat up, while Lin quickly shuffled to stand to his feet.

Let's check that out, shall we?

-(&)-(&)-(&)-

Wow... Yeah, I finished this yesterday but waited until the next day to finish editing it. I'm probably on the next chapter. I'll run out of steam soon. So I hope you guys enjoy these fast speedy updates from me. As they will slow down eventually.

Word count-3087

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

44.7K 1K 58
When a 15 year old girl is in the orphanage because a lot of bad things has happens in the past, she gets adopted by her favorite band
2.9K 129 6
❝𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗳𝗶𝘅 𝗵𝗲𝗿...❞ __________________________________________________ It was the Great Water Depression that left many sick, many dead, and...
2.3K 37 11
Andrea Carly Webb. She prefers Andy. She's the sister of Matt Webb. Matt and Andy go to school with Josh Ramsay. Andy has a crush on Josh. Everyone i...
134K 1.1K 43
When Trish moves away, Ally, Austin and Dez have to find a way to cope without her, and Austin has to cope with the fact that his parents are getting...