reminisce

By fairygurrlll

best friendz w/ christian aspects ゚+..。*゚+ More

characters list
dtb interlude
same ol mistakes
throw it in the bag
mad riches
let me in
burn one(interlude)
vibrations(divine signature)
ghost town
brain
angel
nothing can come between us
i'm not ready
palace/curse
jukai
cece's interlude
charleville 9200 pt.II
lets talk about it
too soon?
i. flight of the navigator
church
time
girl
no greater love
teach me
grown
bound

fucking young/perfect

630 33 6
By fairygurrlll

pretend like this is the week after thanksgiving and I'm not late😘
_________

Boy, I know that we could be more
Than just friends, but you're scared
Boy, I know, that we could be more
Than just friends, but you're scared

៚ • twelve
៚ • bronx, ny
៚ • 4pm
៚ • samaria bryant

"I knew it!" Jaliya exclaimed as we walked back to school from Popeyes. I finally told her about Bryson's dream, and to say she was ecstatic was an understatement.

"Yeah I was surprised too."

"This is amazing, so you finally told him?"

"Told him what?"

"How you feel."

"What are you talking about Jaliya?" I asked laughing.

"You told him you like him right?" She said and I nearly chocked.

"Jaliya...Bryson told me his dream and we agreed not to make it a big deal. And we don't see each other like that so can you like get over this fantasy of us dating?"

"It's not a fantasy. It's me seeing two people who clearly have strong feelings for each other suppress them out of fear and pride."

"Blahblahblah eat my ass."

"You're insufferable."

"I'm not built for a boyfriend anyways."

"You're insufferable."

"Look realistically if he wanted to he could've made a move years ago."

"You could've too."

"But I never-" I started to say but Jaliya darted her eyes at me. "Okay nevermind."

bryson⭐️- i need to see you

My stomach stopped.

"What happened?" Jaliya asked making me pause in my steps.

"Nothing," I said shaking that feeling off as we continued around the block towards school.

me- what happened? you okay?

bryson⭐️- im fine i just wanna see you before my game

me- where should i go?

bryson⭐️- outside the locker rooms

me- be there in like 5

bryson⭐️- and text me when ur with bria

me- okayyyy

"Samaria!" I heard and looked to see Bria. She was coming to Bryson's game today and we planned to meet in front of school.

"My girllll," I smiled hugging her.

"You ready to watch your brother play?"

"Of courseee," she smiled before we made it back into school and filed into the gym to secure our seats.

I told her and Jaliya that I'd be right back and headed outside to the halls. When I rounded the corner I already saw his frame leaning against the wall.

"Hi captain," I smiled as I moved closer.

He looked up from his phone and smiled.

"Hi Captain," he replied pulling me into a tight hug. "I missed you."

"You saw me four hours ago, quit with the mushy stuff." I mugged him as he still kept me in a tight hug.

"One day you'll learn to appreciate it bunny." He said once he pulled back. I would never admit it out loud, but I love the warmth from hugging him. If my safe place was a person it would probably be him.

And while I'm still not used to it, I don't mind the mushy stuff.

"Bria's here, she's sitting with Jaliya," I said and he nodded. "You ready for your game?"

"I'm ready and I feel like we have a good chance but you know how it gets. Just feeling a little anxious."

"You'll be fine Bryson. The team has been working on their chemistry so I feel you have a pretty good chance. Especially since I've seen you guys at practice. Just remember to breathe and believe in your strength."

"I'll try."

"Unt unt this isn't the happy, positive outlook Bryson I know." I said crossing my arms and he lightly laughed.

"Okay okay, I got this. We got this. The game is gonna be in our favor."

"That's better." I smiled and he did too.

"Okay you-you should go back in now, I'll see you on the court."

"Aii, pray for me and the team." He gave me one last hug and his keys.

"I will."

He headed back into the locker room and I I walked back to the gym to sit with Jaliya and Bria.

"I went in PSAL and searched up the game. If you see a nigga you like just let me know, I can scope him out for you," Jaliya said showing me her phone and I lightly laughed.

"She don't need one of them," Bria said side-eyeing Jaliya.

"Why not?" I asked confused.

"Just no. Don't worry, I'm plotting." She said with a mischievous smirk.

"You're so sneaky." I said mushing her head before we returned our attention to the court. More people began filing in the bleachers and eventually both teams were on the court practicing.

"Samaria?" I heard and turned to my left to see some boy standing.

"Yes?" I asked confused. It took a second for it to sink in who I was looking at.

"Darius?" I said surprised standing up. "Oh my gosh I haven't seen you since middle school what the fuck."

"Nah foreal it's been mad long," he chuckled before we hugged.

When we pulled back Bria was mugging and Jaliya gave me a questioning look before we sat down.

"Bria stop making your face up. And Jaliya this is Darius, he went to middle school with Bryson and I." I said and Jaliya gave him a smile before they dapped each other up. Bria kept a stank face.

I've never met a girl as expressive as her I swear.

"Oh shit is Bryson playing?" He asked and I nodded before pointing out #11 on the court.

"Damn that nigga got locs now." He lightly laughed.

"Yeah he locced up in 9th grade."

"Ya still attached at the hip?"

"He's holding me hostage actually," I shook my head and he lightly laughed. "Anyways how are you?"

"I'm chilling, junior year real life kicking my ass but I'm trying to lock in." He replied.

"Word bro, I don't know why these teachers are not teaching the way they should."

"Bro I thought it was just me! I'm starting to think junior year is the most stressful because these teachers stop giving a fuck about their students."

"My thoughts exactly, I'm just so over it Darius."

"But besides school...life is chill. I'm here to support my friend Reni on the team. He's number 8." He said and I looked to where he was pointing.

We talked a while longer before the game started.

Bryson was staring mad deep to where I was at I looked back confused. Then he tilted his head to the side to where Darius was.

I mouthed his name but I doubt he understood what I was saying.

"Is Bryson good?" Jalani asked.

"I'm not sure..."

★・・・・・・★
5:30pm

"YEAHHH!!!!" Darius screamed along with the other people from his school when they scored a point.

"Nigga settle down ya still down 7." I said and he nudged me.

"Gotta support, but you can't lie our team fire."

"Your team is good I'll give you that. But not better than my school. Wildcats on top." I said smiling.

"Ya mad corny for that Wildcats shit."

"And what is your team name?" Bria asked him.

"The Phoenix's." He answered.

"Wackkkk," she replied holding up an L to his face.

"Fuck y'all high school musical ass school." He said mugging us and we just laughed.

"Ugh Samaria," Bria said lightly shaking me, pulling me from my continued conversation with Darius. I looked to where she was pointing to the court and I saw Bryson arguing with some boy on the other team.

"Yo what happened?" Darius asked moving in.

"The boy on the other team pushed Bryson cause he made a shot and now they arguing back and forth."

"My nigga you pushed me!" Bryson yelled back.

"I barely touched you!"

"Dis nigga lying he pushed him." Someone behind us said.

"Not my fault ya losing, take ya anger out somewhere else!" Bryson yelled again. They kept going back and forth until they both had to sit out.

The other boy was out for the rest of the game and Bryson had to chill for a while. Usually they don't let players be on their phone when they're sitting out. But the coach let Bryson for whatever reason so I texted him.

me: bryson are you good?

bryson⭐️: im fine.

me: my nigga what's with the attitude?

bryson⭐️: maybe if you weren't laughing with a random ass nigga you would've seen me getting pushed on the court.

me: that's darius from middle school

bryson⭐️: and you were entertaining him while i was getting pressed ona court for no reason

"Bro..." I said showing Jaliya my phone.

"I mean you have been paying more attention to him than Bryson who's actually playing..." she whispered so Darius wouldn't hear.

me: im sorry bryson, i didn't mean to get carried away

bryson⭐️: nah it's fine

"Ughhhhh," I audibly groaned before focusing back on the court.

"You good?" Darius asked and I smiled, nodding.

The game continued and I decided to pay attention instead of being a chatterbox. Bryson was pissed having to sit out for the time being.

So I was pretty relieved when he got subbed in and got to play. Maybe he won't be too mad at me, but I was just innocently trying to catch up with a friend from middle school.

"What I said! What I said!" I exclaimed as the time ran out and our team won.

"Man whatever," Darius waved me off while the rest of us were still applauding.

The security guards wanted to rush us outside the building immediately. Like damn can I collect
myself for a second???

"It was nice catching up Darius." I said as he hugged me.

"Nah it was. Tell Bryson I'm sorry for how my team acted on the court."

"I will, get home safe," I said once I pulled back.

"Safety," he said dapping up Jaliya and Bria.

Jaliya went to her Uber while Bria and I got situated in Bryson's car.

"He wants you bad." Bria said from the backseat.

"No he doesn't. You know what's funny, I used to have a crush on him in middle school," I laughed.

"How come you never went for him?"

"I looked a mess and was too scared to make a move."

"Hmmmm."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, just hmmmmm." She said smirking in the backseat.

Watch me, goin' out of the way, when I shoulda went home
Only time of the day I get to spend on my own
I was trippin' off how I used to sleep at ya crib
Should drive by right where you live and pick you up on the way

mommy🩷- don't go home, just come to bryson's house because that's where we're at

me- okayyy

We sat in the car for a good 30 minutes before I spotted Bryson coming out of school.

I stepped out the car and walked over to him.

"Bryson."

"Samaria."

"I should've been paying attention to you playing. Especially since you were really excited to play and were adamant about wanting me there."

"Yes you should've."

"And I should've been talking less to Darius, he says you played well though and that your locs look nice."

"Tell him I said thanks." He replied bluntly.

"I feel really bad because that boy pushed you."

"But it's not your fault it's that boys fault."

"I know but you were so excited to play. And I wasn't even paying attention when it happened." I replied and he shrugged.

"You were more interested in your middle school crush than me," he said smirking and I rolled my eyes.

"No I wasn't."

"You couldn't come to my first game, and I was just really happy that you were gonna come to this one. But then you weren't even watching." He replied looking down.

"I'm really sorry Bryson, I know how much you wanted me to be there so that probably wasn't the best for you. I think you played really well though from what I did see...Next game I promise to pay attention. Can we call a truce captain?" I asked putting my hand out.

"Truce," he smiled before putting his hand in mine and shaking it.

"Bryson you played amazing!" Bria exclaimed one he got strapped in.

"Thank you Bria. I'm glad you were here. Now let's pick up some food, what we thinking?"

"Hmmmm pizza and wings sounds good to me right now." Bria cheesed sticking her head through the middle.

"All you ever want is fast food Bria," Bryson laughed and she threw up a middle finger at him.

"My parents are at your place and she said to just head over there," I told him and he nodded.

【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】
bryson's estate | 8:30pm
bryson's world

"Why it look like we're all about to get beat," Bria asked as we walked into the house and took off our shoes. Samaria's parents and mine were sitting all at the dinner table. They had chips and salsa and glasses of wine across the table.

"Oh I just can't wait!" My mom exclaimed ushering us over to the table.

We put our food down in the living room before washing our hands and standing by the dinner table.

"During winter break we will be going to Jamaica for a double family vacation! Staying in a villa, beautiful scenery and we'll get to visit Renai's side of the family in the country for a day or two. It's going to be so amazing!" She smiled and Samaria screamed.

"I HAVENT BEEN TO JAMAICA IN SO LONG, IN EXCITED," she cheesed going over to hug her mom and mine.

"Thank you mommy for giving me a chance to be pretty in a swimsuit and catch a tan," Bria smiled going to hug our mom as well and of course I followed to hug her too.

"Thank you mom for getting us on a vacation."

"You're so welcome my babies." She smiled kissing both of our cheeks.

"No love for the dads huh?" My dad said crossing his arms.

"Nah we ain't leaving you out pops," I smiled before putting him in a headlock hug.

"Bryson Jr. you smell like sweat," my dad yelled forcing me off of him.

I just laughed and dashed upstairs to the bathroom before he could get to me.

I took a long ass shower so I could eat my food in peace and not smell like I been running up and down a court sweating.

That nigga was really trying to press me on the court because we were winning. And I had to sit out because of it. But I got to go back in and play while he sat out for the remainder of the game.

And then Samaria designating all her attention to this middle school crush while I'm playing on the court. However, she apologized and I understood it wasn't intentional.

So regardless of those mishaps, we won the game and in a couple weeks, I'm real life going on a vacation with my family and my best friend's family. I was excited to not be freezing cold in New York and experience a new country.

I had just finished getting dressed when I got a knock on my door. I opened it revealing Samaria who instantly put her hands on my shoulder and started jumping.

"We're going on a vacation together!" She exclaimed.

"I know," I lightly laughed as she kept jumping. Once she tired herself out from jumping she tried to stand still but almost fell back. So I put my hand around her waist to hold her up as she leaned her head down and caught her breath.

"We get to go to Jamaica and catch a tan and have so much fun in a villa. Are you as excited as me?" She asked putting her head back up once she recovered.

"Of course I am. A villa with my family and yours. Nice sunlight, clean water and good ass food. I can't wait." I smiled and she was still cheesing.

I was still holding her waist with one arm and her hands rested on my shoulder. We didn't separate though, just stood there staring at each other.

I waited for her to pull back but she never did. Her grip tightened on my shoulders and my eyes moved to her lips. Her smile fell and her mouth opened like she was going to say something or move closer.

I wanted to move closer, I wanted to close the space between us...I wanted to kiss her.

But I also didn't at the same time because I was scared.

I was scared of her reaction, but most important I was scared of my own feelings and what would come of them. I was scared of being vulnerable about these feelings with her.

There was a knock at my door and we darted our heads.

"Mom said you guys need to come down and eat!" Bria said before walking back didn't the hall.

We slowly slid our hands of each other, still looking towards the door before heading downstairs to go eat our food.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

you've made it to the end of the twelfth chapter!

teehee, they finally had their little something🤭

☆ vote and comment my munchkins ☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 6.7K 37
"𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆, 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗱𝗼 𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗶𝗲, 𝘄𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗱𝗼 𝗶𝘁 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝗺...
144K 2.2K 40
"𝙽𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚍𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎". * DISCONTINUED *
652K 21.8K 77
❞𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮,𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞❞
24.6K 730 15
- 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵. ɪ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ...