Growing Up | Evansson Twins

By Le0naShah

Axel and Alexandrea have gone through so much in their life. Never knew about their parents, didn't have any... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 43

354 13 3
By Le0naShah

*21 November 2023, Tuesday*

They've all come to an agreement on Alexa's bucket list

On what she wants to do

Basically it doesn't consist of dangerous things so the parents willingly agree with it so long that none were injured or in any dangerous activities.

Brian and Noah will joins them over the weekend since they have school but starting on the twins birthday, they'll attend a week of online school and stay with Scarlett and Chris as they want to spend their time together

But as of now, the family of 4 just stay together and spend their much needed time together. To also compensate for several years that the parents missed out.

The extended family of theirs give them their privacy but they check in with each other every day. Alexa got texts, call, facetime session with her extended family every day

They have a plan to go to her mother's Hampton's house for vacation but since it's gonna be winter and freaking cold, they decided to go camping. It's in one of Alexa's bucket list wishes.

Rose is gonna come home tomorrow since it's gonna be their mother's birthday.

Speaking of, they're gonna celebrate and make a surprise.

Chris has a plan with the twins.

Also,

Alexa's condition. Even for Scarlett and Chris who just got the girl back in their life could see the difference after the girl were being properly diagnosed

They could see how she's getting tired, how constantly she gets sick and not being energetic. Imagine if the person who wasn't really there with you could notice the difference, what about Axel?

He felt his heart breaking so damn much at seeing her like that but Alexa always assures him with a smile or being her cheeky self to cover it up.

-/-

After dinner, they could see how Alexa fights off her sleepy state. So, Chris and Axel helped with doing dishes since Scarlett and Alexa made dinner

Scarlett went to put Alexa to bed. She loves moments like this where she tucks Alexa in for bed, staying with her daughter, caressing her back in a gentle way to coax the girl into sleeping and just mesmerizing her daughter's face features.

In times like this her sorrow, her regrets also linger around the longer she watches Alexa on how grown up she was. How grown up Axel was.

Alexa peeked an eye open as she heard a sniffle coming from her front, where Mama was laying in front of her, next to her on bed.

"You're so emotional Mama. I know where I get it from now" She said with her sleepy mumble and cuddle her mother closer

Scarlett on her part just pulled her daughter closer, putting her chin on top of her daughter's head as she was just soaking in the moments with Alexa.

She's been doing a lot of thinking. Overthinking is more likely. About the future. How it'll look like if her daughter weren't there with them. Because whether she wants to believe it or not, her fear is taking over her whole mind.

No matter how she and the others denied that possibility out loud, they were thinking of it. The thoughts managed to get on them.

"I love you My Sweet Mushy" She said in a quiet whisper to which Alexa just giggled in response because she loves how Mama always calls her by that nickname now.

She'll call Alexa by her name only when she's ticked off now, which rarely happens. And Scarlett knows how much Alexa loves calling by the nickname she called her daughter seeing as Alexa's face lights up every time Scarlett calls her by that name.

Something so simple could make her daughter happy, she will do it.

"I love you too Mama"

Scarlett smiled softly and kissed her daughter's forehead as she continued tracing soothing patterns on her daughter's back. Never get tired of hearing the twins calling her Mom or Mama

And it doesn't take long for Alexa to lull into her deep sleep with the comfort radiating from her Mama, with the gentle touch and caress Mama provided.

Scarlett, stay for a bit longer once Alexa has fallen deep into her peaceful slumber. Every night, her mother will stay in bed, just a little longer with Alexa, cuddling with her.

But tonight, she's a bit (not a bit, probably too much) emotional. It's her birthday tomorrow and she got to celebrate her birthday with her babies tomorrow. Complete. The twins and Rose and Chris, the love of her life.

This will be the first time she celebrated her birthday with the twins but it's also possible to be the last one.

No matter what, no matter how hard Scarlett pushes away that thought, it always comes back haunting her. Lingering in her.

And she couldn't help but to cry while watching Alexa's sleeping face. How her heart hurt from this whole thing.

How she questioned everything if this is God's way to make her suffer because she let her babies suffer when she gave them up 14 years ago.

Alexa, even in her sleep, could sense her mother distress and sorrow, so her hand seek to be holding her mother's and squeezed it gently though in a weak form since she was asleep but hope it'll give comfort

Scarlett had to bite her lips from letting out her sobs from the sweet actions her daughter made and squeezed it back, bringing the girl's knuckles close to her and pressed a gentle and loving kiss on it with tears slipping out, falling onto it.

And to avoid a total meltdown, she got up from Alexa's bed, leaving the girl's door ajar and left for hers and Chris's shared bedroom.

-/-

Sharp at 12 am, 22nd November 2023, Wednesday

Chris, Axel and Alexa, who was being woken up by Axel since she insisted to do this surprise, tiptoeing in their parents bedroom.

Alexa being the one on the front and holding a vanilla cake, decorated birthday cake that the three of them make while Rose the one choosing the flavor since they want the girl to be involved as well

The cake have Alexa's cursive handwritten 'Happy birthday to the best Mama ever'

And they spotted a sleeping Scarlett in bed, with her back facing them, she managed to cry herself to sleep after leaving Alexa's room. Chris has been there, holding Scarlett the whole time as she cries and cries till she's asleep.

Alexa sat next to her mother in bed with Axel joining next to her and Chris went to his side of the bed and caressed Scarlett's hair out of her face, noticing the slightly swollen eyes that he hoped the twins wouldn't notice but of course they noticed. It's their mother.

They know why and what causes it.

"It's 12 am" Chris said, whispering to Scarlett softly as he caressed the woman's face to wake her up when Scarlett just snuggled on his side and hummed dismissively, continuing her sleep

Both Axel and Alexa scoffed and rolled their eyes in amusement. Their mother really loves her sleep

"Mama" Alexa's voice ringing through Scarlett's ears that made the woman turn around and wake up in a moment.

No matter how much she loves her sleep, she will always wake up if her children call for her.

And she didn't expect to see her daughter holding a cake with a candle on it, Axel with a party hat and Chris with a big smile and proceeded to sing her a happy birthday song, though Chris purposely sing it slightly off key just to raise the mood which makes the other three laugh

"Happy 39th birthday, Mommy. May you granted with never ending happiness" Alexa said "Because you deserve it" She added with a soft whisper, smiling at her mother in assurance

"Happy birthday Mom. We love you so much" Axel said his wish next with a wide smile

"Happy birthday love" Chris added with his own big smile and pecked on Scarlett's lips affectionately

"Bluegh" Came as a response from Alexa and Axel, just a playful response but internally, they love it. They love the affection that their parents show to each other but as the right passage to be kids, mocking the parents sounds about right, right?

To which when Chris hear the response he just cupped Scarlett cheeks and give her a slow and loving kiss which Scarlett reciprocated the kiss back just to mess with the kids

"PDA!"

"OH MY GOD WE'RE STILL HERE PARENTS!"

Both parents pull away with laughter after a while.

At moments like this makes them all think that they can forget everything that is happening and has happened.

The chemistry they have, isn't like they just reunited after almost 13 years being parted ways. It's the bonding that never left them. Funny how it works hey? But it's there.

"Mamaaaaaa blow the candlessssssss" Alexa said, dragging her words in dramatic purpose

"Don't forget to make a wish!" Axel added

Scarlett smiled and thought to herself, she has everything already. Her babies, Chris, Rose are coming tomorrow, this wealth that she received, everything basically.

But there's still one thing, she thought as she stared at Alexa who were smiling at her mother

And as she blow the candles,

She wished for only one thing, to let her and Chris witness her babies growing up, all of them.

Axel grinned as he took the frosting and icing on the cake with his fingers and put it on his mother's face, which startled Scarlett at the sudden actions and raised her eyebrow threateningly at her son

Axel makes himself small at receiving his mother's signature eyebrow. It scares the shitless out of everyone. Everyone that is sane. Because no sane person will dare to cross Scarlett Johansson eyebrow raising bruh.

Scarlett smirk and wiped the cake icing on her son and daughter as well

"What!?" Alexa said in surprise as she has been roped into this "Cake is to be eaten!"

Scarlett shrugged her shoulder and grab a handful of cake and feed it to her daughter which have Chris and Axel burst out laughing and Scarlett took that to be feeding the boys with the cake as well making their mouth full

Chris, Alexa and Axel just let Scarlett have her fun and smile internally and are relieved to hear Scarlett let out her genuine laugh after all of the things that happened. Even if it's not for long, at least there's a good memory.

And that night, after they finished with the cakes, the twins slept with their parents in the big bed, snuggling to each other.

Chris and Scarlett feel content to be holding them the whole night.

And the content feelings continue until the next day with them celebrating Scarlett's birthday with just the 5 of them as Rose arrives early morning and they spend it with just them for the most part of the day and then with their entire extended family.

How Scarlett was so grateful and content to be celebrating her 39th birthday with her loved ones. She feels utterly complete.

The moment was being recorded with the camcorder courtesy of Alexa.

For memories.. 

---------------------------------------- 

Hey, new update, sorry, busy with being sick and adulting. But it's also since it Scarlett's birthday! 

See you guys in the next one. Have a nice day/ night wherever you guys are, love you guys <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 7K 54
On Kayla's second birthday, her mother left her outside a Barnes & Noble. Confused, scared, and all alone, with nowhere to go she followed her mother...
The accident By A

Fanfiction

25.5K 912 15
Lizzie's kid gets kidnapped and years later she finds and adopts a child read for the resto Includes TW, like r@pe, kidnapp!ng and abuse.
312K 7.8K 150
Rhislette and her twin brother Harrison were given to a family when they were 1 and a half. Except that adoption never went thru. When Scarlett and...
154K 4.2K 52
Eloise is a 15 year old girl who's been in the foster system most of her life,her parents died when she was very young and she knows nothing about th...