Life in the East (Season 5, S...

بواسطة not_behindyou

Idk what to put on the cover so here's season 5's poster. This is an AU, and these characters don't belong t... المزيد

Introduction Ig
Alyssa's Description and Slugs
Prologue - The Fall of the Eastern Champion
Chapter 1 - Traitor or Truth Teller?
Chapter 2 - The Journey
Chapter 3 - Explanation Received
Chapter 4 - Close Escape
Chapter 5 - Heading back to camp
Chapter 6 - Fight for Camp
Chapter 7 - Meeting
Chapter 8 - Discussion
Chapter 9 - Relocation
Chapter 10 - Infiltrate a Train
Chapter 11 - The Ride to Peach Blossom Spring

Ranks and the Political System of the Outlaws

28 0 2
بواسطة not_behindyou

Masterpiece above not mine. I got it from a Slugterra fic writer on Instagram. 

Edit, 17th of December 2023: Just made some tweaks 

The ranks in the rebels camps/bases worked like this, every 10 years a new 1st in command is chosen from the 2nd in commands, it was created to keep the democracy as the whole point of the organization's existence to rebel against the Emperor. Why become like him if you hate him?

The 1st in command of all Headquarters/the founder died of an Emperor attack at a HQ he was visiting about a decade ago. It was decided that the spot he used to own would never be filled again as a sign of respect. 

Upper Ranks (just the Serenity HQ):

1st in command - Commander Dux

2nd in commands - Hamengku, Alyssa, Flower, Kalise, Venari, Altiora, Ben and more rebels

3rd in commands - Deputies (more on them later)

4th in commands - Sub-deputies (also more on them later)

5th in commands - Doctors

Lower Ranks:

6th in commands - random members (filler)

7th in commands - official rebel members

8th in commands - unofficial members (civilians, rebels going though the official process, etc.)

These ranks apply to all rebel bases, only the members vary. 

There is one deputy per topic below per base.

Deputies:

Food Deputy - In charge of food and raids to get food, rarely lives are lost in the raids. The current Food Deputy is Wèi.

Description of Wèi:

Wèi is a slightly short, pure blooded Chinese male with brown eyes, he has brown skin and currently only has one x-shaped scar on his face. He has short, black hair and has a stern personality among his peers. He always takes his job very seriously and shaves his beard often. Wèi wears his Serenity Bush on his Sash, next to his slugs, he's an Elf and has no major scars. Sometimes he views himself as a workaholic. He has 3 lines that cross diagonally with his scar that serve as his marks (see below the page)

His wedding ring:

Fun fact: Wèi is 39

Security Deputy - Basically the police, and they have their own team. The current Security Deputy is Fortis.

Description of Fortis:

Fortis is a tall male, he's of mixed North Macedonian-Greek descent and has a light-brownish skin tone. He has a blue eye and slightly long, green hair  in it. He has a minor scar on his arm and a major one on his face. The one on his face goes across his whole right eye, which left him blind in that eye as well as leaving him an eyebrow slit. He also has a stern personality and can be a workaholic depending on the time of year. He's growing his beard but you can't really see it that much. His Serenity Bush is worn in the same place as Wèi's, his sash. He's an Elf, he's married and his ring is a silver ring with sapphire in the middle. He has marks on his arms and face as a symbol of the fauna (see below the page)

For reference for his ring:

Fun fact: Fortis joined the Outlaws 10 years in the Emperor's dictation.

Medical Deputy - In charge of the doctors and verifying if they are hostile, rarely do those kinds of doctors get away with it. They also must do everything they can to keep everyone as mentally and physically healthy as possible. The current Medical Deputy is Kalise.

Description of Kalise:

Kalise is a tall female, she is of Italian-French descent. She has a milky white skin tone, green eyes and has long, wavy, hair. She is a Brunette and is considered one of the most loved nurses of Serenity because of her sweet caring personality. Under her Nurse uniform she has small cuts from scars on her upper-left-arm from The Attack of the East, sometimes causing pain to write prescription's. Her Serenity Bush were weaved into a flower crown and is worn behind her head. She is an Elf and she doesn't wear marks as it can get in the way of her work. 

Her Serenity Bush looks similar to this:

Fun facts: She has her own therapy business, it was established a decade before she became Medical Deputy and is a key factor to her work. She's also left handed.

Resource Deputy - In charge of finding resources when needed. Such as silk, metal and wood. They have a team to help gather items and defend them if they are unable to defend themselves when gaining items. The current Resource Deputy is Venari.

Description of Venari:

Venari is an average height female of Russian-Cambodian heritage, she's also slightly Niuean (Niue is a self-governed island in Polynesia) she wears her Serenity Bush above her left ear. She leaves her long, straight, black hair untied mostly. The part of Russia she's from is the part in Europe. She few ,small scars on her face and has a bright personality. She can be very serious when it comes to her work though. She is an Elf that wears no marks as Russians and Cambodians have a negative view on marks like tattoos. She's slightly brown and has green eyes.

Fun fact: Polynesians wear a Flower on their left ear if they're either: married, dating or engaged. Because Venari's clan comes from partial Niuean/Polynesian descent, that rule is seen as apart of their culture. (A flower on the right ear means their single) she's married to Wèi

Floral deputy - in charge of taking care of wild life, and ensuring Serenity bushes bloom to prevent less death caused by floral. They have their own team but they are never really needed. The current Floral Deputy is Flower.

Description of Flower even though there is a pic of her at the bottom of this chapter:

Flower is an average height female of Indonesian-Dutch descent, her Serenity Bush is worn on her sash. She has green hair, and eyes as well as 3 markings below each of her eyes. She has a stern personality when it comes to her enemies, but is kind and gentle to her loved ones. 

Fun fact: Even though her markings are not the ones used as a symbol of fauna, instead of a symbol of the floral life she decided to have the marks that show her remorse for the fallen. 

Most of the deputy's are in their late 30's - early 40's and are elves.

Sub-deputies:

Sub-deputies are the lower ranked version of deputies. They're in charge of things viewed as less vital than the ones Deputies are take care of.

Pollution Sub-Deputy - In charge of preventing pollution, they have their own team to help them in some circumstances. Such as littering or preventing too much smoke get in the air from a fire. The current Pollution Sub-Deputy is Altiora. 

Description of Altiora:

Altiora is a tall female of Icelandic-Kazakh heritage, her Serenity Bush is worn on her right hand like a bracelet. She's a brunette with green eyes and has a polite and forgiving personality. She's one of the few lucky ones with no scars and joined the Outlaws 10 years ago. She wears the 3 lined marks below her eyes.

She wears her Serenity Bush like this:

Fun fact: She's been married to Fortis for 5 years. 

Her ring:

Its Sapphire like Fortis' ring.

Spy Sub-Deputy - In charge of finding potential spies, must work extremely hard to gain the opportunity to be voted. The current Spy Sub-Deputy is Mendax.

Description of Mendax:

Mendax is a short, male of North Korean-Estonian descent, his Serenity Bush is worn on his back, about below the neck. He has a similar scar to Fortis but on his left eye and has short, green hair and brown eyes. He has a strict personality to basically everyone and is a workaholic, but not often. 

Fun fact: The reason Mendax is North Korean is because his ancestors were from Goryeo (the Korea's in Yang's life span and before they were 2 different countries) They decided to live in China, ending up in the Eastern Caverns, they were from modern-day North Korea. His North Korean ancestors had children with other Estonian immigrants.

Correct me if i'm wrong in the Korean historical era.

Technological Sub-Deputy - They manage important data such as when the next 1st in command meetings with other bases is. When important data is received, it is their job to notify the 1st in command. They also have limited access to other rebel base data, most of the data is private to the public. It is also their job to update the organization wide data if Serenity ever receives important news or information so the other Outlaw Locations are aware. The current technological sub-deputy is Ben.

Description of Ben:

Ben is a male of Singaporean-Romanian descent. His Serenity Bush is currently torn and will be replaced soon. He has no scars, brown, short, hair and blue eyes, his personality is stiff/stern but around loved ones is cheerful and caring. He wears the 3 lined diagonal mark.

Fun fact: Ben is Asexual.

Funerie - A word created and used in the East, its typically used to describe death, funerals and/or both. 

Origin if anyone asks: My history teacher used it a lot but when I searched it up I couldn't see if it existed so I guess its a new word.

Funerie Sub-Deputy - In charge of dead bodies, this person has a team of their own to help them. People often die because their Serenity Bushes were torn or lost before they can get a new one, people are quite rarely lost to battle. This person's job is to clear the bodies and bury them properly like a funeral service. A funeral will be ran by this Sub-Deputy unless their clearing another body/having another funeral. If they died in battle, they wait for the battle to end then they get the body. The current Funerie Sub-Deputy is Alyssa.

Why is this so detailed 😭

You already got Alyssa's description a few chapters ago.

Deputies enrol for the elections. By doing so they have agreed to take a 2 year course educating them how to do their role and going though several checks to determine if they intend to cause harm in the future if they are chosen. Its not very often after all of those checks, any of those people get away with their evil tasks for the future.

Deputies serve 5 years, 2 years before they finish their time, the elections for their department are held so when their service is finished the Deputies are ready to be replaced.

You must be at least 15 to vote, it isn't compulsory but it's highly recommended. 

Sub-Deputies are elected by the Deputies of their topic.

Here is a chart of the topics Sub-Deputies fall into:

Pollution - Floral

(Altiora was chosen by Flower)

Funerie - Medical

(Alyssa was chosen by Kalise)

Technological - Resource

(Ben was chosen by Venari)

Spy - Security

(Mendax was chosen by Fortis)

No Sub-Deputy falls under the Food category.

Sub-Deputies serve for 3 years, 1 year before they finish their service, the elections are held for their department due to the course for Sub-Deputies lasting a year.

The elections per topic are not all in the same year.

Usually there is 1-2 Sub-Deputy elections per year and 1 Deputy election per year. Its only different if a Sub-Deputy/Deputy was killed before they finished their service. 

The more dedication you give to the camp, the higher the ranks you are. Such as Flower, she's been a rebel for literal decades, hence why she's 2nd in command.

You can get kicked out from the ranks if you have bad intentions, committed a crime, or were a spy.

If you committed a crime, or a spy, they get sent to jail (the Serenity jail is a different kind of dome Alyssa built.) Bad intentions that have nothing to do with the Emperor can get you kicked out of the whole organization, you are literally banned from ever joining any rebel base again. 

If a Spy is found then a huge organization check is made, not just the base they were found in. For a spy to get in the rebels is challenging, they need to first find one, hide their intentions through several checks and go though a whole process of hiding their goals.

If a Deputy or Sub-Deputy is killed somehow, they will be replaced with former Deputies/Sub-Deputies of that same department until the elected person has finished their course.

If you're a deputy/Sub-Deputy and in the upper ranks, if asked what rank you are you simply say the highest one. For example, Alyssa is 2nd in command as well as the Funerie Sub-Deputy/4th in command. Meaning if she was asked her rank she would reply 2nd in command. 

The East is partially influenced by Latin and Chinese. China, being above the East and Latin being the less evolved version of English, English being less evolved due to the East being thousands of kilometres underground.

The Spy and Technological Sub-Deputies go through the strictest course as they govern the most important information.

The markings on the face of a Rebel shows how long they have been a rebel, unless they choose a different marking (more on that later.) It's not compulsory to wear the marks, they're mainly there to represent your membership.

16-20 years - Flower (They symbolize remorse for the fallen)

Close up:

11-15 years - Ben (Symbolizes injuries caused by the Emperor)

6-10 years - Yellow dude (idfk okay) represents fauna of Serenity

5 and under year/s - Two lines under eyes (basically the yellow guy but no markings on the arms. It has no meaning, its just there to show your membership)

The longer you dedicate, the more options you have to choose as a marking. For example, Venari has served 20 years, she can choose whichever mark she wants as she's met all of their standards.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it good enough, am I?

Markings are made from a special kind of Rock called Machre. Its a black rock when split open, a black liquid comes out of it and that liquid is then used as marks. Its harmless to human skin.

They're gathered by the Floral/Resource Deputy. Who looks for it depends on how busy they are. For example, the Floral Deputy is too busy taking care of dying vines, so the Resource Deputy will find Machre and use it to create the marking liquid for them.

Machre is produced and named after a specific plant called Merila, how much is produced depends on season. They produce the most Machre when Aestas ends/Cadere (Fall/Autumn) begins.

A census occurs annually to update the information of the entirety of the organization. Like if there is more unofficial members than official in most locations, if there's 20% less people than the year before, age ranges, how many defectors there are on average, did more people join this year than before, how many members joined this year, etc.

A ceremony is held annually, usually a month before the census, the ceremony is how unofficial refugees become official members, after their course is finished.

Despite Hamengku not being a Deputy nor Sub-Deputy, he still runs the membership programs and verification. If he isn't busy, he will teach the refugees the way their political system works, new plans being formed, history of the camp. If he's busy volunteers teach them under supervision to prevent any potential emotional/physical damage caused by the volunteer.

They can decide whether or not they want to take the course, usually everyone takes it. If they don't take it then they must wait for the ceremony deeming them a member. The course is usually under a year long, so they have all the knowledge needed to run the camp if they ever enter the upper ranks.

If a rebel joins just before a ceremony, like a moth before it, then they simply wait for the ceremony to finish, then start the course.

Although Serenity is the only cavern that the people need to wear Serenity Bush due to the floral life, other Headquarters can come to collect them every once in a while as it's used as a symbol of membership for them.

They send a small team to collect the plant directly from the current Floral Deputy, (Aka Flower.) Due to it only being native to Serenity Cavern, the other caverns can only go to Serenity only to collect it. This usually doesn't happen as they can make fake versions of the Serenity Bush.

If your Serenity Bush can no longer be used, like it died. You can simply go to the greenhouse (where they grow) to collect one for yourself.

You can become a doctor by either having medical experience prior to The Attack and evidence to support it, or you can take a 4 year long course.

Pronunciation stuff:

Machre: Mac-reh

Merila: Muh-rill-la

Fun fact: Merila is an actual plant native to Australia. Its the only plant I could find whose name is similar to Machre, otherwise I would have another plant that's native to China.

Reply to this line or whatever its called if you have any questions, feedback or something I could add about this system.

Why did I love writing this Political System when I don't even like politics 🤡

3000 WORDS EXACTLY COUNTING THESE?!- 

I MEANT TO WRITE 2000-

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

10.7K 194 22
PLEASE MY FRIEND MADE THE COVER AND ITS THE FUNNIEST SHITSHHSKALA, THIS IS BASED OFF A SHOW ON NETFLIX CALLED TOO HOT TO HANDLE BUT WERE MAKING AN ID...
23.2K 704 128
Wassup! I'm Zan as u should know ^^ ~ This book revolves around Lander. Idm adding minor ships into chapters, but please make requests abt Lander! ~...
22.1K 519 19
we both love the outsiders and johnnyboy so why not write oneshots about them?! the au we're going to mostly be using is that they're living in our t...
5.4K 190 29
Before we start, the story nor characters belong to me. This was originally written by Enellii on Ao3 if they see this and wants me to take it down I...