Fans of each other || Zoro x...

By MsFailure_

An old acquaintance. A old heartthrob. An old wound. Eventually, it all reverts to it's opposite. A famed mar... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
A/N

12

2K 70 9
By MsFailure_

"This is to seal your vow and your friendship."

- - - - - - - - -

(Y/N)'s POV (1st person)

We reach the East wing after a while, the only light being from the hallway and Usopp's lantern. Once we get into the room, Kaya goes to the back up generator, switching it on. Usopp then blows out the flame in the lantern as it wasn't needed. He puts down the lantern and aggressively flinched, blaming it on a spider.

"We treated him like family," Kaya stresses, "How did I not see it? How did I not see him?"

Not gonna lie, out of context, that sounds like a heartbroken teen finding her 'true love.'

"It's not your fault. He took advantage of you. Now, I need you to be strong so that we can get out of here," Nami comforts.

Kaya then starts walking towards the mantel, more specifically, the painting above it. Kaya promptly takes off the cloth cover, revealing a portrait of her and her parents. She stares at it for a little, letting out a disappointed sigh.

"They'd be so disappointed."

"No," Nami shakes her head, "No, they'd want you to survive, and that's exactly what we are going to do."

Kaya nods, stepping back a little to open up the hidden compartment behind the portrait. Inside, was the second crank. Kaya pulls it out with some resistance, so Nami helps. We all then all try to pull the crank so that the lights and energy turn back on.

- - - - - - - - -

Zoro's POV (3rd person)

Zoro opens his eyes, looking around to find the same surroundings that he woke up to last time. He props himself up onto his elbow, thinking for a little. Zoro tries to stand up, staggering a little, and steadies himself with a hand on the damp wall.

-FLASHBACK-

Zoro waited by the lake for so long, it was starting to be sunset. He noticed Sensei, as well as (Y/N) walking towards him. 

Zoro turned around fully to bow to Sensei, "Sensei. I was just waiting for Kuina."

He finally looks at (Y/N), noticing tear stains against her skin. "Do... Do you know where she is?" he asks, confused and starting to assume the worst.

"Kuina is..." Sensei started, looking away from Zoro guiltily, "There was an accident. She's... She's gone."

There was a moment of solemn silence, until it was broken by a tearing up Zoro, "But... she can't be. We made a promise."

(Y/N) slowly walked up to him, the tears starting again, and pulled Zoro in for a hug. Zoro wrapped his arms tightly around (Y/N), trying not to cry. Sensei rested his hands on both of their shoulders, his condolences being nonverbally conveyed as well as mourning with the two kids.

-PRESENT-

"We made a promise," Zoro reminisces.

This gives him motivation, starting the climb once more.

-FLASHBACK-

All of the students walking in a single filed line, all uniformly making a sort of semi-circle around the shrine to honor Kuina.

-PRESENT-

Zoro gets around halfway in the climb, rocks falling, but he still continues on.

-FLASHBACK-

Everyone sits, leaving Zoro standing. Sensei looked at him, Zoro staring straight back. He then starts walking towards the shrine, bowing towards Sensei. Sensei bowed back to acknowledge him, so Zoro turned to bow to Kuina's shrine. Zoro and Sensei share another glance before Zoro kneels down to take Kuina's katana. He brings it up, holding it up in front of him, bowing once more.

"Sensei, please give me the honor of allowing me to carry Kuina's sword."

-PRESENT-

Zoro loses grip, holding on with one hand.

-FLASHBACK-

"The Wado Ichimonji is a rare blade. Why should I allow you to carry it? "

-PRESENT-

Zoro regained his stability and continued upwards, almost reaching the top of the well.

-FLASHBACK-

"Because Kuina and I made a promise, that one of us would become the world's greatest swordsman to ever live."

"Then it's up to you to fulfill that promise. For you, and for her."

-PRESENT-

Zoro looks up to find the top of the well, reaching for the last stones as well as finding a suitable stone for his feet.

-FLASHBACK-

Zoro takes the sheath, and inserts it into his belt to secure it's place.

-PRESENT-

Zoro reaches the top, using leverage to push himself over the edge, landing in a standing pose. He looked around, stepping away from the well.

-FLASHBACK-

Unbeknownst to Zoro, (Y/N) was hiding in the behind the platform in the brush. After she witnessed Zoro gaining Wado Ichimonji, she smiled and started her lone journey, not turning back.

- - - - - - - - -

(Y/N)'s POV (1st person)

Usopp groans, "God, this thing needs some oil."

"No, it just needs some elbow grease," Nami responds.

"Oh Kaya. Oh, Miss Kaya," we hear.

Usopp closes the compartment, as everyone scatters to hide.

"Sounds like we might have a bigger rat problem than I thought. Sounds like we need a cat in the house," Kuro taunts, kicking the door open. "Now, now, Kaya, I know you're in here. Come out. There's no point in hiding who we are anymore." 

Kuro scratches his claws against the untuned harp creating a horrendous tune.

"Isn't it exhausting putting on airs, pretending we're better than we are?!" he rants, stabbing the chair.

This keeps going on, more stabbing, crashing, and general destruction of property while Kuro rants and rants about not liking Kaya.

After a while, I hear Nami tell Kaya to not do something. Then Kaya responds with a "I'm stronger than you think."

I have a bad feeling, so I get out of my hiding spot, but kept out of sight. I see Nami and Kaya rush at Kuro, but Kuro had insane speed, and trapped them from behind. Usopp brings out his slingshot, loading it. Kuro drops both girls, aiming his claws at Kaya. Nami turns around to face Kuro, but he blocks her with his claws.

"Too easy."

I move out of the room, finding Luffy, just in time too. Usopp lets his ammo loose, making Kuro lift his other hand. Nami rushed over to Kaya, when Kuro quickly moved to Usopp, pushing him over with a lot of force. He then comes back to the two girls, about to stab Kaya.

Luffy catches Klahadore's hand, making him turn to Luffy. "These are my friends. You don't get to mess with them."

"You are annoyingly resilient."

"Well, I am made of rubber."

Kuro rushes at him, sizing him up. Luffy responds with trying to punch him, but Kuro moves away faster.

"Did you really think you could get the best of me? I'm Kuro of the Thousand Plans."

Nami and Kaya move over to help Usopp.

"Then come out and fight me."

"No, you poor, poor, sap. So you think you want to be a pirate?"

"I am a pirate."

Kuro chuckles, "And how long have you been on the seas? A week? A month? I was a captain for years, and I never failed in a raid. Not once. And what did I get in return? A life of worry, and a target on my back as wide as the East Blue."

Luffy throws another punch towards Kuro, failing.

"Is that what you want?" Kuro continues, "A lifetime of always looking over your shoulder."

Another punch thrown.

"You'll never get a peaceful night's rest because someone is always waiting to slit your throat. Pirates. Marines. Why, even your own crew."

"Not my crew," Luffy defends, "We've got each other's backs. Always."

Kuro rushes past him, slicing Luffy along the way. "Until the day they don't. I've killed more crewmates than I care to remember. They're expendable. Every single one of them."

"Being a pirate is not about raiding villages or perfect plans. It's about adventure. And freedom."

"Freedom?" Kuro chuckles, "There is no such thing with a bounty over your head."

"You gave up on your dream. No one who does that can ever call themselves a pirate." Luffy looks around, and closed his eyes.

"Looks like your the one giving up now."

"No. I'm done talking. Now I'm listening."

Kuro appears behind a pillar, and Luffy turns his feet a little, throwing a curved punch. This time it hits its target.

"You didn't plan for that, did ya?" Luffy asks, smiling.

Kuro gets up, and the real fight starts, Kuro blinded by rage taking the offense. Finally, Luffy finds a spot where he catches Kuro's hands, calling out his finishing blow. "Gum Gum! Bell!"

Kuro gets pushed out of the window, leaving Luffy the victor.

Small Time Skip

We reunite with Zoro, who defeated the two crew members. We all gather around the two cats, Luffy patting Zoro's back. 

"I'm sorry about the mess. You probably need some new staff," Zoro advises.

Kaya responds, still in shock, "I think I'm done with staff for a bit."

Zoro being Zoro, complains about not being able to collect their bounty.

"No, no. The marines already know where we are. We have to get out of here," Nami thinks logically.

"Where are we gonna go? We don't even have a ship," Luffy points out.

"Yes, you do," Kaya corrects.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1.3K 38
𝕻𝖆𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖊, 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖗 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘. 【one piece x reader】 re-upload since wattpad took it down...
27.6K 1K 8
𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐈𝐄𝐂𝐄 | 𝐑.𝐙𝐎𝐑𝐎 | ㄨ ⟊ in which, an archer and and a swordsman join a stretchy straw hat pirate in his journey as they avoi...
117K 4.7K 17
When one dream to become a swordswoman in a sexist village keeps you from fulfilling your dream. Roronoa Zoro who is a swordsman in training takes yo...
57.4K 1.5K 13
━━━━━━ ❝𝐉𝐎𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖!❞ (𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟏) 𝐬𝟏- ❝𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧.❞ 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘺. 𝘋 𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘺 𝘹 𝘯𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳!𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳