Bad Moon Rising. (Male Reader...

Johnny_Blade289 tarafından

I died. My god had other plans for me. Now I live on as his avatar, and I want only one thing: Vengeance! Daha Fazla

Prologue: Kill the moon.
Chapter 1: Kill the knight.
Chapter 2: Kill the Deal.
Chapter 3: Kill The Mob
Chapter 4: Kill The Executioner
Chapter 5: Kill the resurrected
Chapter 6: Kill the mercenary
Chapter 7: Kill this abandonment
Chapter 8: Kill The Silence
Chapter 9: Kill The Mimic
Chapter 10: Kill the Taskmaster.
Chapter 12: Kill this possession
Chapter 13: Kill The Spector

Chapter 11: Kill the tournament.

256 10 4
Johnny_Blade289 tarafından

I awoke with a heavy grogginess, my body protesting every attempt to move. Blinking against the haze, I tried to discern the passage of time. The room was dimly lit, and the air carried a quiet stillness.

A sense of warmth and weight pressed against my back, and as my senses sharpened, I realised Leone was asleep beside me. Her rhythmic breathing and the comforting embrace offered a stark contrast to the chaos of the recent battle. Despite the pain that lingered, her presence provided an unexpected solace, grounding me in the aftermath of the fight. I tried to get up, but her arms prevented me from getting up. I hear her stir and a small chuckle comes from her.

"G'morning, moonshine." She sleepily said.

"Good morning. Two questions: how long have I been out for and why are you in my bed?"

She leaned on my shoulder with a playful smile on her face. "Well, (F/N), If you want to know, you were out for two days. And to answer your second question, I'm in your bed because boss needed someone to watch over you so you, and I volunteered."

Damn, two days? That caught me off guard. The sound of my stomach rumbling indicated that I was hungry. I went to get up, only to be pulled back into bed by Leone.

"Leone..."

"Hm?"

"Can you let go of me? I need to get something to eat."

"Mmm, just a few seconds." She groaned. So I waited a few seconds.

Then a few seconds turned into a minute.

Then five minutes.

Then ten minutes.

"LEONE! LET GO ALREADY."

-----------------------

"Hey, everyone! Look who's back on their feet!" Leone called out as I entered the main room. All eyes turned to see me walking in, a bit wobbly, with Leone following just in case.

"Finally back on your feet, I see," acknowledged Najenda.

"Yeah, just about. What happened in the past two days while I was out?" I asked.

"Well, Taskmaster managed to escape. There have been no sightings of him in the capital, and we have no idea where he is," Najenda informed me.

"Hm. Well, hopefully, he'll think twice before ambushing us or trying to off me again." My gaze shifted to Tatsumi, who gulped. "You and I? We're having a chat about covering our tracks."

"He's right, you know. You got sloppy," remarked Akame casually.

"Am I going to get a punishment?" Tatsumi asked nervously.

"I can take him for a day's training," I volunteered.

"Are you sure?" Najenda asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. After all, his physique needs toughening up. He's soft."

"Hey, I'm not soft!" Tatsumi protested. I responded with a firm jab at his body with my index finger.

"Ow! Hey!" Tatsumi exclaimed.

"You can't train anyone yet. You've just bounced back, and your legs aren't even fully recovered," Mine nearly exclaimed.

"I can walk and throw a punch. That's all I need," I responded to her.

"Are you being intentionally dense!?" She asked.

"Huh?" I said in a mocking tone. I cast my gaze on Tatsumi.

"You're in for a hard day's training."

Even with those words, it couldn't prepare for the painful body conditioning I was putting him through. It began with elbowing hard oak trees, progressing to me punching him in the abs during sit-ups.

Currently, I observed him repeatedly kicking a small tree. Tatsumi hissed at the pain, his shins heavily bruised. "Hey, can I stop now?" he asked.

"No. Keep kicking that tree."

"But it hurts!" he whined.

"Tough. You led Taskmaster to us. You're not going anywhere until you knock down that tree with nothing but kicks."

He glared at me. "Oh, you mean like this!?" he yelled, furiously kicking the tree. At first, there was a crack, then the sound of splinters breaking. Tatsumi continued slamming his leg into the tree until it bled. Eventually, the tree gave way and fell. Tatsumi collapsed to the ground, holding his leg, hissing in pain.

"Are you sure that was necessary?"

I looked behind and saw Najenda crossing her arms.

"It's a lesson he won't forget. Besides, he'll come out tougher from it," I said, with Tatsumi cursing at me.

-----------------------

(Capital, an hour later)

Both Tatsumi and myself were walking through the capital, trying to keep a low profile. Najenda had left earlier that day to head for the revolutionary army HQ to try and recruit some new members to the night raid

Apparently, we were meant to be meeting up with Lubbock and Leone in some place discreet. Eventually, we came across a book store called Booknight. Lubbock was standing at the entrance.

"Hey." I greeted.

"S'up." Lubbock greeted back he motioned fot both Tatsumi and I to follow him. Going down into a cellar. Gotta say, couldn't have chosen a place more hidden.

"Hey there!" Leone warmly greeted us. "Welcome to the capital hideout."

"Gotta say, the place looks quite cosy." I said.

" Mine has started to appear on wanted posters." Lubbock pointed out, handing me a poster for Tatsumi and myself to examine. "Which means only the four of us are able to walk around the capital."

"What about Taskmaster? Any sign of him?" I asked.

"Nope, nothing. It seems like you scared him off." Lubbock said with a smile.

"Word of the Moon Knight in the city has started to spread." Leone said to me. "It's a good thing you wear a mask, (F/N). It's done a good job at hiding your face." Said Leone.

"What do the people think?" I curiously asked.

"It's a fifty-fifty deal. Some people like the idea of a masked vigilante, but others think you're a complete psychopath for cutting bushman's face off." Leone sweat dropped

"Speaking of the city, the jaegers seem to be all anyone can talk about." Tatsumi pointed out.

"Obviously since Esdeath is their lead. That's the real topic." Said Lubbock. Such a dangerous person is..."

"Seriously, how dangerous can she be?" Tatsumi asked. The whole room went silent.

"That's right. You haven't heard a lot that one time."

Lubbock went on to tell a story about Esdeath, back when Najenda was in the army. But I zoned out.

"(F/N)?" I looked to my left to see Khonshu. "Is something the matter?"

"Do I even stand a chance against someone as evil as her?" I muttered.

"As long as I'm by your side, my priest, there's always a chance. She may freeze you all she wants, you can never truly be stopped."

Khonshu's words were reassuring. How can you stop that which truly cannot die?

"Hey, Moonie. You listening?" Leone's voice brought me back to the world.

"What? What did I miss?"

"Esdeath's holding a tournament, and there's a huge money prize.." Tatsumi pointed out. "I want to compete in it to earn money for my hometown, but my leg's not right after your damn training!"

"I'll compete in it for you, if you want." I offered him. He blinked, processing what I said.

"Really?"

"Yeah, why the hell not."

"No way, Moonie!" Leone nearly yelled. "You were wheelchair bound for two weeks because your legs were broke. You shouldn't even walking right now!"

"Sorry, Leone. But I've already made my mind up."

Leone tried to argue, but I tuned her out. Right now, I had the tournament to think about.

------------------------

The crowd reverberated with energy as the tournament unfolded. Amidst the lively atmosphere, (F/N) (L/N) found himself facing a formidable opponent. Leone, Lubbock, and Tatsumi observed from their seats. Lubbock and Tatsumi enthusiastically cheered for (F/N), while Leone, her expression tinged with concern, sensed something amiss, discerning it in his eyes.

"In the east corner, presenting Kalbi The Butcher!" proclaimed the announcer. "In the west corner, (F/N) The Priest!"

The crowd erupted in cheers for both contenders. Esdeath, seated and seemingly disinterested, couldn't help but focus on (F/N). There was an undeniable allure about him, something that set him apart.

"You're my supposed opponent? Spare me. That prize money is practically mine," taunted Kalbi.

Acknowledging the challenge, (F/N) mused, "He's imposing, no doubt. Yet, I've confronted fierce adversaries." As he equipped spiked brass knuckles, he poised himself for the impending clash.

Kalbi unleashed a relentless assault, his blows landing with brutal force on (F/N), who absorbed each strike with an unwavering resolve. The arena echoed with the sickening sound of impact as (F/N) embraced the onslaught, using it as a grueling test of endurance.

Blood dripped, and bruises formed, yet (F/N) remained steadfast. Kalbi, momentarily taken aback by this unconventional approach, pressed on with increasing ferocity. The crowd's cheers transformed into a mix of awe and unease as they witnessed (F/N)'s unorthodox fighting style.

(F/N)'s spiked brass knuckles became instruments of both offense and self-inflicted punishment. Each strike he delivered carried the weight of resilience, while Kalbi, growing frustrated, intensified his attacks. The clash of their conflicting strategies created a brutal spectacle, captivating the onlookers.

Esdeath, her disinterest was replaced by a subtle curiosity, observed (F/N) as he endured the relentless barrage. It was a spectacle of endurance, a test of wills that pushed both combatants to their limits. The arena pulsed with the raw energy of a fight unlike any other.
(F/N) seized the opportunity for a final, decisive move. With a surge of relentless determination, he unleashed a single, brutal strike that echoed through the arena.

The spiked brass knuckles connected with a resounding impact, and time seemed to freeze as Kalbi, caught off guard, crumpled to the ground. The crowd fell silent for a brief moment, stunned by the sudden turn of events. Bloodied and battered, (F/N) stood victorious, his intense gaze fixated on the fallen opponent, a crazed bloody smile on his face.

The arena erupted in a mix of astonishment and applause, acknowledging the unorthodox but effective victory. Leone, Lubbock, and Tatsumi watched in awe as (F/N), with his twisted smile still lingering, emerged triumphant from the intense and unpredictable duel.

"The winner is (F/N)!" The announcer's voice bellowed

"He did it!" Tatsumi exclaimed, happy for his friend. Leone let out a sigh of relief.

(F/N) spat out a gob of blood as he looked around at the arena. His eyes landed on Esdeath, who defended down the stairs. The sight of her was enough to turn his blood white.
She walked and stopped in front of him, as he wiped the remaining blood from his mouth.

(F/N) was your name, right. It's an nice name" She said to him with a small smile.

"The match was superb. You fighting style caught my attention. I wish to give you your prize."

Instead of the money that (F/N) expected, he found collar around his neck. "What the-"

"From now on, you'll belong to me." Said Esdeath, and proceeded to drag him out of the arena.

"Hold on a second-"

"No. There are two many distractions." Without a moments hesitation, she hit him in the back of his head and knocked him out.

The area was in shock. Tatsumi, Leone and Lubbock looked at one another in panic.

"What-what the hell is happening?!!

Authors note: Esdeath isn't the love interest.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.6K 65 17
My problems keep pilling up on me. My life has changed since my dragon Nightmare has came in. But that doesnt bother me. Someone i know and love just...
126K 3K 44
F/N was your average high schooler with an appreciation for Star Wars. Despite his strained relationship with his father, he had a good like, though...
1.6K 68 26
Xisuma-centered oneshots because my mind is horrible at continuing to write the same thing.