I Found You

By Courtney98xo

This story is based on the BBC show Peaky Blinders, we start off in the year 1921 and so forth, up until 1934... More

Actors and Actresses
Part 1. The First Time Meeting You.
Part 2. Moving, Moving Where?.
Part 3. We Meet Again.
Part 5. A Problem Shared, Is A Problem Halfed.
Part 6. Billy Kimber.
Part 7. Killing Someone.
Part 8. The Races.
Part 9. The Lee Family.
Part 10. Our First Kiss.
Part 11. First Job Of The Company.
Part 12. Questions Spinning and My Head Killing.
Part 13. I Found You And You Found Me.

Part 4. An Unexpected Invitation.

81 2 0
By Courtney98xo

A few hours past and it was so busy and warm in the place, that on my break I decided to stand at the door, to get some fresh air. I stood there, watching people go about doing their everyday tasks, from men welding, to just generally walking from place to place. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a figure approach my direction. Walking along with him, was a magnificent white horse, as the figure came closer, for a moment, I thought I recognised him, but I wasn't entirely certain, as I couldn't see his face, for it was hidden by one of those fashionable peaked caps, that all the men were wearing. The figure, fought with the horse slightly, as the horse was pulling against the reigns and the figure of the man, was having to pull back to stop it. I could have sworn I recognised him, I thought to myself, as I went to go back inside to begin working again, up until my shift was ready to end.

Time got on and it was nearly closing time and I was asked by Harry to mop the floor. Once that was done I was told to take the dirty water in the bucket and chuck it out of the side door. So I opened it and chucked the contents of the bucket out into the street, not realising that someone would be walking past and that someone being a familiar face, I knew, I wished I'd hope to see again, but I wasn't entirely prepared for how soon. "Oh sorry!". I gasped out, as the figure stopped in their tracks and glared at me, the horse stopping with him. The figure, then looked up at me, his face no longer hidden, by his peaked cap. It was him, I jumped back slightly in shock at the realisation, of who it was and he did the same, he probably thinks I'm stalking him or something.

"What are you doing here in Birmingham!". He snapped slightly at me, whilst holding onto the horses reigns, whilst looking down at his shoes, to see if I had marked them, with the water. "Oh, I-I-I-I moved down 'ere, with me father and brother, as they needed to move somewhere different for work and this is where they came up with!". I stuttered out, trying my best not to look him in the eyes, as I clung onto the bucket for dear life. A short silence ascended between us and of course stupid me had to break it and keep him there longer, than what he probably wanted to be. "I'm Rosie by the way". I told him, quickly glancing up at his face and then back down at the ground again. "I know who you are". He said coldly. I was just about to ask him how, but then I thought, I dare not question a man like him, for he may become angry, but then again Harry might have told him of my name, so I decided to change the subject.

"What's his name?". I asked, nodding in the direction of the horse, that was stood waiting patiently for his master, to move along. "He doesn't have a name". He replied. "Aw, the poor little fella deserves a name". I replied. However, my reply was ignored and he carried on talking. "You have something to say to me?". He asked rhetorically. I stood there for a moment, trying to think of what he could mean by that and that I should think of a question to ask fast, incase god knows what he might do, should I not respond, I thought to myself. "The other night you came into the pub when I was singing, you said singing weren't aloud, well I'd like there to be one night a week when there's singing, as I think it would be great for everyone, Saturday nights, Harry was afraid to ask ya so...". I stated, as I did remember that yesterday, Harry did want to ask him, but was to afraid of the reponse he would get, so I said if I got the chance, I would ask him instead.

"But your not". Was all he replied with. I hesitated in replying for a moment, as I felt my breath hitch in my throat, scared to say the wrong things, but my brain was not catching up to my mouth and more words continued to spill out of it, without me even thinking first. "I am, but I don't mind a good old sing song, now and again". I replied back with courage, courage that I had no idea, where it came from, as I am no good in confrontations or fights be that with a man or woman. He looked away from my gaze for a moment, before returning to look back at me. "You sound like one of them rich girls that come from Durham for the races, do you like horses?". He said, but then changed the subject straight after, as he went to the other side of the horse to stroke him. I didn't even get the chance to answer, before he began to speak again.

"How do you fancy earning yourself some extra money?". He asked me. I opened my mouth slightly in shock and moved my head back, a bit bewildered at what I heard, had come from his own lips and if I heard him correctly. "Doin' what?". I asked cautioualy, a bit unsure of what his answer would be. He didn't answer straight away, as he got up and mounted the horse, as he sat upon the saddle and got comfortable he spoke again. "Dig out a nice dress, I want to take you to the races". Was all he said, before he galloped off on the horse, leaving me standing there my head swirling and my knees becoming shaky. Did he really just ask someone like me, to go to the races with him, someone who he hardly knows, has hardly even spoken too. What is he up too I wonder.

I went back into work and carried on as normal, but I couldn't stop thinking about, why a man like Thomas Shelby, has asked a girl like me to go to the races with him. Six thirty came and my shift was finally over and as I walked home, there was a sudden nip in the air, as a flurry of snow had began to fall, it was definitely becoming more like winter. I pulled my coat further around my body to keep me warm and tucked it under my chin, as I walked closer to my house. I finally got to the front door and had just put the key into the lock, when out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone.

I slowly turned to see who it was and I realised that it was man, from the build and height of height of figure. At first I thought it was Mrs Parker's oldest boy David, who lives in the row of houses opposite, but a few doors up and who is around the same age as myself. He has been giving me glances every once in a while, when I have been walking to work, every morning. I couldn't really make the figure out, as since it was winter it was around seven o'clock and it was already dark. The figure was standing on the corner of the street, standing leaning against the end house wall, near enough tucked away in an alley way, that lead to the row of houses behind. I then saw what looked like an orange glow appear from his mouth and then it slowly moved down to his side, I realised that whoever it was, was a smoker and that the orange glow was from a cigarette, that was lit within his hand.

My attention from the figure was then interrupted, by the sound of a horse snorting. I looked to see a bit further down the street and with no rider upon his back, stood a beautiful white horse, his reigns tide up to widower Mrs Twiddles fence. The realisation suddenly hit me, as to who's horse it was and that the figure stood lurking in the shadows was him. As I turned to slowly look back at the figure, he had come out of the shadows and was now leaning upon the lampost, that stood on the edge of the path.

He looked at me, before looking down at the ground and then taking the cigarette from his mouth and chucking it on the ground and began to walk away from it, as he started to walk diagonally into my direction, only this time he did not look at me, he just looked straight ahead. I did too, however it wasn't until I heard the shuffling of feet right beside me, on the pavement, that I turned back to see where he had gone. He was strangely standing at the door of number six, he had his hand on the door, as he paused for a moment, he then shot a glance up at me and the corner of his mouth went up into a smile of some sort. "Goodnight neighbour". Was all he replied with, as he then opened the door of the house and was greeted by a loud cheer from the inside, with another man, shouting his name at him in a greeting kind of way, the door to the house then shut.

Meanwhile, I was stood there in complete shock, my hand went up to my neck and I held it there for a moment trying to help control my breathing, as I pressed my back up against the front door to help steady myself. He knows where I live and he only lives next door, now I didn't know whether the butterflies in my stomach where excitement, giddiness or if they were from nerves, at the thought of living next door to the Peaky Blinders. Somehow, as though it were a blur, I made it back inside the warmth and safety of the house, I took off my coat and placed it onto the back of the desk chair. The house quiet and still, as my father and brother were both in bed.

I took of my kitten heels and moved my feet around and brought them up, so that I could massage them with my hands, for working in heels no matter what size, is a killer to a ladies feet. I then walked over to a few of the gas lamps and lit them one by one, after I walked over to the front window and closed the curtains. I then walked over to the desk under the stairs and plonked myself down into the hard wooden chair and turned the gas lamp on that was on the desk, so I could see. I then opened the desk draw and took out my diary and pen and began scribbling.

Me again... oh were do I start... so work was good today that was until... until I bumped into him again... that Peaky Blinder... that beautiful chizled faced, ocean blue eyed Peaky Blinder, he's even asked me to go to the races with him. Oh what should I do... I mean I am somewhat excited, ad for a quiet village girl like me, has never been to the races before...part of me wants to go with him... but the other part is telling me not too, for the Peaky Blinders are trouble and I don't want me or my father and brother to get involved in such trouble... but I can't stop thinking about him... I try to put my mind on other things, but it doesn't work... his face keeps flashing in my mind... his voice sends tingles down my spine, when he speaks to me... maybe I should talk to someone to see what I should do... for with my head, battling my heart, I can't think straight right now and I need some advice and to top it off I've never really had anyone "kind of" ask me out before, as normally men who I have talked to find me boring and too quiet... or overall this invitation, could just be me reading the signals wrong, for he could just be trying to be friendly and just wanting to take someone out or maybe he is using me for something he's got planned... who knows, but for now, I shall try and keep my distance and focus on work and looking after the boys, since this place has become a pigsty, since we moved in, honestly what would they do without me ey... anyway I'm off to bed now... ready to enjoy a nice morning off and clean this house from head to toe, before going to work again at six and finishing at eleven.

I then placed the pen down and closed my diary and put it back into the draw and got up from off the chair and turned down all the gas lamps within the room and then, I walked up the stairs to the bathroom sink, brushed my teeth. Once that was done, I went and walked to my room and went to bed, ready for a new day tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 1.1K 24
The story of a girl with a troubled family and a disastrous life. What will happen with an arranged marriage to form a truce between two families? I...
665K 22.3K 42
"Don't care if he's guilty, Don't care if he's not; He's good and he's bad, And he's all that I've got." She grew up watching them, fearing them. A...
27.8K 790 41
❝And I love you; for that, I vow that my absence will plague you for the rest of your cursed days. ❞ Tommy Shelby x female!oc Peaky Blinders season t...
1.1M 29K 93
"Realising how fucking beautiful you are suddenly sobered me up" Anna Smith, the girl who was brought up in a tiny village, sheltered naively from al...