The Super Saiyan Goddess

By _Alex-san_

[The Super Saiyan Girl - book #3!] After the defeat of Majin Buu, Earth entered a four-year period of peace... More

Character Information - I
EP. 1 - Overdue Reunion
EP. 2 - The God of Destruction
EP. 3 - Who Was The Super Saiyan God? (PART 1)
EP. 4 - Who Was The Super Saiyan God? (PART 2)
EP. 5 - Who Was The Super Saiyan God? (PART 3) - End Arc
EP. 6 - The Princess's Birthday
EP. 7 - Frieza Force Revival
EP. 8 - The Evil Emperor Returns
EP. 9 - Battle of A Thousand Men
EP. 10 - Golden Frieza - End Arc
EP. 11 - Parallel Universes
EP. 12 - The Blue Jewel
EP. 13 - Tournament of Destroyers
EP. 14 - Prince VS Princess
EP. 15 - Be My Wife!
EP. 17 - Frost, the Fraud of Universe 6 (PART 1)
EP. 18 - Frost, the Fraud of Universe 6 (PART 2)
EP. 19 - A Saiyan's Pride
EP. 20 - Never-Miss-Hit
EP. 21 - One-of-a-Kind Hit - End Arc
EP. 22 - Heartbreak
EP. 23 - Future Trunks Returns

EP. 16 - Curse of the Second-Born

62 1 0
By _Alex-san_

Niya glanced away. "I'm not being used..."

"You are. Why else would your deities want you on this team? You are the youngest fighter here, but you were only picked because you're the Red Jewel wielder, right?" Celri guessed.

She let his words sink in and she nodded.

"It was the same for my brother," he continued. "But if we work together, us second-borns can decide to do something new. We could do something of our very own."

Niya looked into his eyes. "What were you thinking of?"

Celri stared intently before glancing away. "I'm actually not sure yet..."

Niya deadpanned. She shook her head before getting into a fighting stance. "Are you trying to make me feel sorry for you on purpose?"

"Of course not!" he insisted. "You must understand the curse of the second-born!"

She smiled lightly. "I do not feel cursed, Prince Celri," she admitted. "It is my duty to support the crown and my people. It can be a bit... much, being the jewel wielder, but I love Lady Ayata. I don't know what else I would do."

Celri studied her. He sighed, "I guess you won't understand. Even if you are the second-born, you are still the jewel wielder. You are needed and revered..."

Niya tilted her head. "Even if I wasn't my ancestor's chosen, I would still be doing what I can to help."

He clenched his fists. That's what he wanted to do—to help. No one believed in him, always turning to Edam for help. Their eyes were always on him...

"So, if I'm on this team because I'm the Jewel Wielder, you must be quite skilled," she smiled, returning to universal language.

"Huh?"

Niya smiled kindly. "Come on, Prince Celri. Let's fight. This is your chance to impress me."

Celri blushed. "Alright. But no need to be so formal with me. Please use my name."

"Same with me!"

He composed himself and took his own fighting position. His feet were spread far apart, while hers remained close. She held a hand out in a defensive position, her other arm folded behind her.

Celri narrowed his eyes and in flash, attacked from above.

"Oh!" Niya gasped as she dodged. She only used one arm to block and redirect him at his every attack. She was quick to notice that although he lacked his brother's raw strength, he made up for this with speed and precision.

She smiled as she slipped around him.

His face flushed as she gracefully skimmed against him, dodging as if their battle were an elegant dance. He flushed brighter when she only continued to use one arm.

"Don't mock me!!" Celri angrily blasted her.

Niya cried out as it was too sudden to dodge so she took the blast. She collapsed on the ground and flipped over to get back on her feet. "That was a good one!" she dusted her singed uniform.

He panted from his burst of energy. "If you can defeat me, why don't you?!"

She smiled. "Because I'm going to help you break this 'curse' you talk about."

Celri blushed. "I think I'm more in love with you than before."

Niya laughed, her cheeks a bit pink. "If you used this confidence, you'll have no trouble breaking your 'curse'."

He smiled at her laugh. "When I do that, will you agree to be my wife?"

"I think it's too soon for that," she replied. "Besides, I have a boyfriend already. He's actually watching from over there," she pointed.

Celri turned and scowled at the group of young Saiyans, wondering which one was her boyfriend.

Roche smacked Goten on the back. "Aren't you going to fight for the Princess?"

Goten met Celri's eyes and the Prince knew. The half-saiyan wasn't worried, but he did feel a twinge of anger, to his surprise. Him and Niya had been dating for a long time, and they had many memories together. And even though, he was planning on breaking up with her, he still liked her very much as a good friends. But as they barely knew anything about Prince Celri, he was still untrustworthy of the Saiyan. "I would, but I don't need to. She's going to beat him anyway. But, if he wants to fight me after his match, I'll fight him."

Niya expected more of a rise from him, but she figured he wanted to remain polite. She put on a smile. "So, you see, you still have a long way to go if you want to win my heart."

Celri frowned at the arrogance of the boy. "Hmph. If you like strength, I'll get stronger. If you have any other desires, tell me, and I will fulfill them."

"Other... desires?" she questioned and blushed. What was she looking for in a boyfriend anyway? Someone kind and amicable? Her thoughts wandered off to Trunks and Mai holding hands, and when he gave her flowers.

The Prince found her embarrassed expression cute and chuckled. "I see you have a few things in mind."

Niya huffed and powered up. "Worry about yourself for now!" She charged up a giant ki fist and smashed it down on him.

Celri gasped and powered up to try to hold it back. "Hng!!" he strained. His eyes widened and his muscles trembled at the incredible strength and pressure.

Still, he couldn't help but be infatuated. The Princess truly was amazing, and he wanted to be amazing just like her.

Celri's sweat dripped down his face, and he watched as they splashed on the ground. Why was he trying so hard? He stared and realized.

I want to be great as well! he thought. The Princess will not be Queen, but she still performs as an excellent Jewel Wielder. I will not be King nor the Jewel Wielder, but I am still the son of the great King Sadala!

"Father trusted me to fight on behalf of him and our universe!" he raised his eyes to study the ki fist. "I will not let him down! I will show everyone my worth and contribute because I... am Celri, Prince of the Saiyans!!"

Celri's eyes strained, but then, he was able to see the connections of energy between the ki fist. He noticed the weakest bonds. "If I just...!" he charged ki at the tips of his fingers and jabbed the area.

Niya flinched as the ki fist cracked. "Huh?"

He smirked. "I can defeat you now, Niyata!" he jabbed at another weak area.

She gasped as the ki fist cracked further.

He crouched and aimed his fingers as a final beam shot through the ki fist, obliterating into a raining shower of crimson ki.

Niya watched in awe. "How did you...?"

Celri met her eyes, and she noticed his were a bit paler than before. "I can see...," he replied vaguely, watching as her ki circulated her body.

She tilted her head, confused by his meaning. "Are you alright?"

He started for her, and Niya got into position. She slid a foot back for support held her forearm ready to knock him away, until he jabbed her forearm and bicep.

Niya cried out when she felt her arm cramp then go limp.

Celri didn't take it further, and jumped back. "Looks like you'll need your other arm now," he smirked.

She and everyone stared dumbfounded at what happened. "Why can't I move my arm?"

"I stopped your ki from flowing in there," Celri explained.

Niya strained as she tried to get her arm to move. "Huh? But how?!"

"My eyes...," he groaned and rubbed his left one.

"Celri!" his mother, Argula, called and joined the other Universe 6 fighters to speak to her son. "It's a technique from our clan," she smiled proudly. "Not even I can do it, so you are quite special, my sweet Prince."

He blushed at her teasing name, but nodded. He blinked quickly and his vision returned to normal. He felt up at the braid in his hair, a smirk forming on his lips, "I will be the pride of the Lotus Clan, mother."

Niya blinked. "The Lotus Clan...? Oh, Yucca also comes from that clan!"

Yucca watched stunned. "I can learn that technique?" she questioned softly.

"I thought your clan was Koh," Goten remarked, interested.

"My family name is Koh," she reminded him, "but I come from the Lotus Clan." She felt up at her hair braid. "You see this? Any Saiyan who wears a braid like this is part of the Lotus Clan. I noticed Her Majesty and her sons were wearing one, but I didn't know it meant the same thing in their Universe..."

"Oh, I get it now!" Goten smiled. "Looks like you're really special, Yucca."

Yucca shrugged. "Not if I can't do a technique like his."

"Don't be like that!" Roche encouraged. "I bet you can figure out a technique even better than his!"

"Yep!" Marmie smiled. "If anyone can do it, it's you."

Bok noddded in agreement.

Yucca rubbed her neck. "We'll see..."

In the ring below, Celri blinked at the Princess. "Who's Yucca?"

"My best friend!" Niya smiled. "She's up there!" she pointed up to the talking saiyan teens. They could see the saiyan girl with the braid.

"I see," Celri replied. "I'm glad the clan still exists in your Universe. In mine, there are only three of us left."

It took her a moment to realize he meant himself, his brother, and mother. "Oh! I'm so sorry," she furrowed her brows.

"Thank you," Celri nodded. "Unless... you would like to help me rebuild my clan," he slightly blushed.

"H-Huh?" Niya turned bright red.

"Something we could accomplish together."

She rubbed her burning cheeks at his implication. "I'm going to defeat you now."

Celri composed himself and smirked. "We'll see about that. I am determined I can win now that I know your weakness."

"Hmph," Niya pursed her lips. "We'll see about that."

The Prince powered up a white aura and took off for the Princess directly.

"Very bold," she remarked and held only her non-limp arm to block. He smirked but his eyes didn't change. She winced as she realized what was about to happen and ducked the taller saiyan, jabbing him in the stomach.

Celri gasped, and Niya quickly kicked him away in the side.

He frowned as he caught himself.

She let out a relieved breath. "You were about to do the same thing to my remaining arm, weren't you?" she deduced.

"Yes," he admitted. "You always rely on deflection. I think I can predict your moves now."

Niya smirked. "I thought I was in serious trouble, but now I know your strategy. The only way you can cut off the flow of ki through my body is hitting me with the tips of your fingers. So, I just have to make sure you don't touch me."

Celri matched her smirk. "Well, well. Both of our strengths rely on physical contact. An interesting challenge. But just as I destroyed your ki creation earlier, I can do it again."

"Don't forget, Celri," she started, "I'm not at my full power."

He flinched. "Super Saiyan... But why haven't you used it?"

"It wouldn't be very fun to beat you so quickly," she smiled kindly. "So, do you think you've beaten your 'curse' yet?"

Celri lightly smiled. "I think I'm starting to."

"Good," Niya nodded brightly. "It's time to put your skills to the test. I won't be holding back now." She spread her feet apart and concentrated. "Ahhhh... HAH!" the ground trembled as a golden aura exploded from her. Her wavy hair stood up in bright golden locks and her eyes turned a bright turqouise. She winced as she still couldn't fully use her left arm.

He swallowed hard. "The might of Super Saiyan..."

"If your brother can reach this form, then you can, too," she assured. "If you reached this form and higher and combined it with your technique, I think you'd be unstoppable!"

Celri felt the weight of her words. "And higher?"

Niya smiled. "Sweet Celri, Super Saiyan is the just beginning of what we can do."

He blushed. "Sw-Sweet?"

She giggled. "Is that the only part you listened to?"

"O-Of course not!"

Niya shook her head with a smile. "Let's see how will hit who first."

Celri composed himself. He took a deep breath and stepped back into his position. This time, he took inspiration from her, and narrowed the gap between his feet. He relaxed himself and concentrated on his eyes. His technique turned on, and he could see the ki flowing through everyone. He tensed at her ki flow, noticing its intensity.

She studied him, too, and noticed his eyes fade to a softer color, almost gray. She was sure she could out-speed him in Super Saiyan before he could hit her, but she wanted him to draw out more of his hidden power. While fighting him, she felt his sadness and frustration. But now, she could feel his determination.

Niya smiled at him. "Ready when you are," she changed positions. Her limp arm hung at her side, but she spread her feet with a step back, holding a readied fist.

He took in this change. "Hmph," he smirked.

In a flash, they both teleported to meet in the center of the ring, where they both struck but just barely missed each other. As Celri fell forward, he rolled over to aim a ki-disrupting beam from his fingers. Instinctually, Niya used her forearm to deflect it, but cried out as her arm began to numb.

The Prince smirked. "Habits are hard to break. I've won."

Niya groaned as both her arms were rendered useless. She then suddenly laughed at her predicament.

Celri was taken aback. "Are you alright..?"

She nodded, "Yes. I'm just surprised! But also impressed! I'm glad you've pointed out my weaknesses."

From above, Beerus growled. "Niyata, that's enough!" he shouted. "Finish him already!!"

Niya flinched. "Oh, he used my full name... Guess I should really wrap things up," she smiled nervously.

Celri blinked. "What? You really think you can still defeat me?" he clenched his fists.

She nodded, flinching as her fingers in her right arm began to have sensation again. "I will never give up!!" she started for him but the last second, teleported behind him.

As Celri turned around with his fist aimed, she concentrated and trapped him in a ki bubble that began to drift out of the ring. "Hey!!" he grit his teeth. "This is nothing!!" He jabbed his fingers angrily, shattering the bubble in one attack.

As he fell, he was about to catch himself, when his eyes widened.

Above him, Niya teleported. She gave a victorious smirk, and rose her leg. "HA!!!" she swung down on his stomach.

Celri retched painfully. There was a shock wave that shot out from the attack, and he crashed into the ground.

There was a silence before the referee spoke up. "Andddd it looks like Prince Celri has lost via ring out! Princess Niyata will move onto the next match!!"

Niya let out a breath and powered down. She landed beside the Prince. "Hey, are you alright?" she crouched to reach for him but only her right arm trembled. "Oh..."

Celri groaned and held his stomach as he sat up. His eyes returned to normal, but his face was flushed. "I lost..."

She smiled. "You still did well! You're good at reading your opponents! Keep training, and you'll be able to beat anyone!"

He blushed harder at her compliments. "Thank you, Niya."

"Sure!"

Queen Argula made her way down. "What a fantastic match!" she smiled kindly.

"Oh! Your Majesty!" Niya bowed her head.

"Please, there's no need," she insisted. "Come." When she did, the Queen placed a hand on the Princess' arms. She closed her eyes.

Niya gasped as she felt arms grow warm again.

Argula smiled as she felt ki flow through her arms. "Better?"

"Yes! How did you do that?"

"You could say that it's my own technique," she winked.

Niya awed at her. The Queen was indeed beautiful, but she felt there was something about her that made her like her. "Thank you!" she blushed for staring so long.

"Of course," Argula chuckled.

Celri got to his feet. "A little help, mother?"

"Oh! My baby boy!" Argula gasped and tended to him.

"M-Mother!" Celri turned red.

Niya giggled at their interaction.

From above, Vegeta tried to hide his trembling. That woman is just like...

An image of a woman he had not seen in many years appeared in his mind.

"Mother..." he mumbled to himself.

12-26-2023

I apologize for a lack of uploads. December was a very busy month. I went to comic con for a weekend, then had my college finals, and then it was my birthday along with my birthday party and lastly Christmas yesterday ^^"

I hope you guys liked this chapter nonetheless! Thanks for your patience :)

<3 Alex-san

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 350 31
*All characters belong to Akira Toriama(not really sure if I spelled that right) besides Brookly and Ice they belong to me and (y/n) belongs to you.*...
189K 3.2K 32
(Y/N) is a Saiyan who was sent to Earth as a baby. She was found and raised by a young woman in the woods, who decided to teach her the art of fighti...
7.1K 231 24
Years after kid Vegeta was separated from his trainer Jin-Jer, after their home planet was destroyed, the duo reunites to realize that there's more c...
12.6K 184 8
Inspired by the Dragon Ball Legends One Year Anniversary story in this What If story Goku and Vegeta face off against one of their most powerful fusi...