Friday Night Hoppin' Season 1...

By Mr_Man1ac

Y/N was your average teen... Well kinda. Y/N was fearless, he wasn't afraid of anything ; if he saw a potenti... More

Bio
Season 1 Episode 1: Anne Or Beast?
Season 1 Episode 2: Best Fronds
Season 1 Episode 4: Flood, Sweat and Tears
Multiversal Mayhem Part 1: Squid Kids
Season 1 Episode 5: Hop Luck
Season 1 Episode 6: Stakeout
Season 1 Episode 7: The Domino Effect
Season 1 Episode 8: Taking Charge
Season 1 Episode 9: Anne Theft Auto
Season 1 Episode 10: Breakout Star
Season 1 Episode 11: Sprig vs Hop Pop
Season 1 Episode 12: Girl Time
Season 1 Episode 13: Dating Season

Season 1 Episode 3: Cane Crazy

213 9 3
By Mr_Man1ac

The Episode begins off at the Plantar Farm, more precisely, the basement, where Anne, Sprig, and Y/N are right now. Currently, Sprig and Y/N are going through Anne's bag since Y/N didn't bring anything with him. Anne is watching Sprig, in case he has any questions on what she has in there, and Y/N is making sure not to break anything of Anne's since he's seen most of the stuff she has in stores, but could never afford it.

Sprig: Wow, Anne, look at all your cool stuff! What's this? (Picks up a toenail clipper) Ah, I get it. Torture device.

Anne: That's a toenail clipper.

Y/N: By the way, could I borrow that tonight, Anne? (Anne gives him a nod)

Sprig: Oh, okay, okay, sure. Oh! How about this? (He holds up a bike pump.) What does this do? (Pumps air into his mouth and speaks with a muffled voice.) It's painful. (The air hisses as it comes out) Oh, and this. [He clicks a cat pen.] Oh, I love this. This is amazing.

Anne: You know what? You can keep it.

Right before Sprig and Y/N can continue digging through the bag, a bell is rung before Hop Pop speaks up.

Hop Pop: Kids! Chow time!

Anne, Sprig, and Y/N run up the stairs. They all soon take a seat with Y/N sitting next to Anne as she and Sprig begin banging the table, Y/N joining in also, while Polly is flapping her arms around, as Hop Pop is filling some bowls with stew.

Kids: Time to eat! Time to eat!

Hop Pop: Hold on, you kids. Hold on.

Kids: Time to eat!

Hop Pop hands out everyone's bowls full of bug stew, which really disgusts Anne and Y/N.

Anne: Ugh! Uh, you know what? I think I'm gonna pass. (Gently pushes her bowl away from her.)

Y/N: Yeah Hop Pop I don't want to starve, but I'm not eating this. (Pushes his bowl away from him)

Hop Pop: Why? Is my food not good enough for the prince and princess?

Anne: Well, if I'm the princess, then you're the king of bad cooking. (Chuckles)

Sprig: Ohhh!

Polly: Oh oh oh!

Y/N: Ohhh Dang!

Hop Pop: Oh, yeah? Well, you... I...

Y/N: What's the matter, Hop Pop? Frog in your throat?

Polly: Ohhh!

Sprig: Oh, they got you again!

Hop Pop: Oh, dang it! You know what? I'm gonna take a nap. I don't believe this. I feed you two, I house you two, and this is how you two repay me? If you don't shape up soon, Anne and Y/N, I'm throwin' you both out! (Slams his bedroom door and a flower vase falls down.)

Anne: Yeesh. What's his problem? (She grabs a cane and hunches over speaking like an old man) I'm Hop Pop, and I cook bad and have a temper problem!

Sprig, Polly, and Y/N laugh at this imitation.

Sprig: That's so Hop Pop!

Anne: Eat your aphids, don't play with them. Elbows off the table!

Sprig, Y/N, and Polly laugh again.

Anne: Sometimes I wonder why I even bother putting up with you at all! (She slams the cane down onto the table, which causes it to break, and causes Sprig and Polly to gasp.)

Anne: Oopsies. Guess I don't know my own strength, right, guys? (Sees the their shocked expressions) You guys okay? What's the big deal? It's just one cane.

Y/N: Yeah it's not that special.

Sprig: That wasn't just any cane. It was Hop Pop's special cane, passed down from his father, Hop Poppity Pop, all the way from his father, Hop-and-Lock-Drop Soppity Pop.

Y/N: (Deadpans) Well I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

Anne: (Realizing this) Oh! You guys gotta help me. He's gonna kick me out the second he finds out about this. I cannot go back to living in a cave!

A flashback begins with a thunderclap. Anne is curled up on the cave floor as dozens of bugs surround her. Water then falls on her face.

Anne: (Traumatized) Uhhh! The nights were the hardest.

Sprig: Don't worry, Anne. We'll do whatever it takes to help you.

Polly: Eh, count me out.

Y/N: Same here.

Sprig: Polly!

Anne: Y/N!

Polly: What? I hardly know her.

Anne: Would you help me for one of these? (Pulls a candy bar out of her pocket)

Polly: (Gasps) Candy from another world? Lady, you've got yourself a deal.

Anne: Glad to hear it. (Turns to face Y/N) C'mon dude, I really need your help.

Y/N: Look Anne, as much as I would love to help you, I wasn't the one who broke the cane, and I don't want to go back out there! (Points outside) For all we know there could be ACID RAIN out there! Oh wait that probably doesn't exist here...But still. (Mumbles to himself) I'm also not trying to go back to sleeping on grass.

Anne: Please? (Starts giving puppy eyes to Y/N which causes Y/N to blush.)

Y/N: O-Ok fine, but if the cane doesn't get fixed your taking the blame for it.

Anne: Ok, thanks man. Now, let's try to save my skin.

They try to use some leftover bug soup, Polly's bow, and forcing Y/N to use his Microphone cord, in order to glue the stick together. It works...

All: Yeah!

...But then the stick breaks instantly.

Anne: Okay, maybe we can't fix it, but someone else can? Someone good with... wood?

Sprig: Anne, you're a genius! We'll just take it to Leopold Loggle, the woodsmith. He loves wood. Almost a little too much.

Cuts over to the woodsmith shop, where Loggle is taking a good look at the broken cane.

Loggle: Uh-huh. Oh, oh, yes. Well, aren't you fascinating? Yes, you are.

Anne: Can you fix it?

Loggle: As a matter of fact, I can... not.

Sprig: Huh. Can you make a new one?

Loggle: Absolutely... no way.

Polly: Do you have one we could buy?

Loggle: Of course I do... n't. I don't.

Y/N: Why do you keep doing that?

Loggle: Old smithing accident. You don't want to know.

Anne: Uh, okay, so--

Loggle: (Interrupts her) Tripped on an anvil. Landed neck-first on a metal pipe. Pierced my voice box clean through! (Extends his neck to show the scar, which gets mixed reactions)

Polly: Blegh!

Anne: Dude, come on!

Sprig and Y/N: Cool.

Loggle: Switched over to wood after that. Anyhow, I'm afraid I can't do much for you. That cane was made with wood from the incredibly rare, extremely dangerous Doom Tree! (They all gasp) Few have made it to the Doom Tree alive, fewer yet returned. It holds many secrets that mortals dare not--

Anne: (Interrupts him) Dude, it's a tree. Just tell us where it is.

Sprig: Yeah, Loggle, cut the chitchat!

Polly: You're bald!

Y/N: And Old! (Fist bumps Polly)

Loggle: Okay, okay. I got a map to the Doom Tree right here, but it'll cost ya.

Anne: Click. (Takes a picture with her phone; and shows it to Loggle)

Loggle: Or you could do that for free.

Anne: Come on, guys. We gotta hurry. Hop Pop could wake up at any second!

Sprig, Polly and Y/N: Right!

Loggle: Be careful, you kids. It's cursed, I tell ya. Cursed!

Anne: To the Doom Tree, everyone. (Leaves the shop)

Polly: Whoo-hoo! (Leaves the shop)

Y/N: Lets do this! (Leaves the shop)

Sprig: Yeah! (Notices a wood carving of a very muscular Loggle) Whoa, Loggle. We gotta talk about this, man. We're comin' back. We're gonna talk about this. All right, good-bye. (Leaves the shop)

The four are now seen wandering the deep forest that surrounds Wartwood, with only the sounds of beeping, screeching tires, more beeping, screeching birds, and giant dragonflies eating those screeching birds. As they continue to walk to the doom tree, we look onto a small pink robot in the trees. The eye of the robot begins to lock onto Y/N. The inside of the robot read "NIGHTMARE ENERGY 0%."

Though a figure isn't present, someone speaks to the robot.

???: R3TURN B@(K. ! G0T W#@T ! N33D3D.

A red and black portal forms, which causes the robot to vanish. Presumably heading back to its creator. After a few minutes of more walking, they come across the Doom Tree

Anne: (Grunting) Hold up. We're here. Now, that is an ugly tree.

Sprig: Just one of Mother Nature's horrible mistakes.

Y/N: Aside from Anne's hair what are the other mistakes. (Laughs until Anne hits him on the head. Y/N then clutches his head) Oww!

Polly: (Notices a skull then chuckles) Frogs died here.

Anne: (Points up at a branch) Look. That branch is perfect. (Climbs up the tree and begins pulling with her back, Sprig climbing up to help her while Polly watches from below, and Y/N climbs up to the top of the tree unnoticed)

Polly: You people and your legs.

Anne continues tugging, which doesn't work. Soon, Sprig climbs up next to her, and spits on his hands before gripping the same branch

Anne: (Jokingly) Careful. The tree is cursed. (Both her and Sprig have a laugh before focusing) Okay, seriously though, on three. One, two...

Y/N: THREE! (Y/N jumps from the top of the Doom Tree, and grabs onto the branch which causes the branch to snap and the tree to... scream?)

Anne: Uh, did the tree just scream?

The Doom Tree begins shaking, throwing Anne and Sprig off before standing up properly, revealing itself to be a large, nightmarish, stick bug. The Doom bug then roars at them, getting its saliva all over their faces.

Sprig: (Licking the orange stuff of his face) Oh, hey, it's maple.

Y/N: (Gives it a try) Finally something good in this world.

Anne: Ru-

Before Anne can tell the the others to run Y/N snatches the branch out of her hand. The Doom bug sees this and then focuses it's rampage onto Y/N. Anne and the others look at him with worry. Anne, and Sprig begin to run after Y/N and the Doom bug with Y/N holding onto Polly.

Y/N: (Looks back) Don't worry I know what I'm doing!

Sprig: (Looks to Anne) Does he really?

Anne: He probably doesn't know what he's doing... (the three begin to chase after him) We're coming Y/N!

*Song Name: Creature Feature*
(Original Song Name: Danger, by Rareblin. Imagine it's The Doom Bug and Y/N instead of Black and Boyfriend)

The song starts as The Doom bug begins to give chase on Y/N, and much to Y/N's surprise he seems to be outrunning it. Y/N then begins to find a way out of this predicament since he in fact didn't know what he was doing.

Half way through the song The Doom bug begins to slash and roar at Y/N which causes Y/N to dodge and grow tired. As the song comes to the end, Y/N falls to the ground and The Doom bug goes to kill him. But before it can accomplish its goal Anne grabs the stick, and throws Y/N over her shoulder, handing the stick to Sprig in the Process.

Anne: That thing is not a tree. It's some kind of grody bug!

Sprig: A bug that wants to kill us!

Polly: Less talky-talky, more runny-runny!

Taking Pollys words to heart, they quit the conversation and continue running, occasionally trying to hide, only for their cover to be blown by insects scaring Anne. Soon enough, the sun is beginning to set, and Loggle is beginning to close his shop

Loggle: (Sighs) Well, Loggle, another day, another step closer to bankrupt-(Hears a noise behind him)- Eh?

Loggle gets pushed into his store by the three kids, Anne then sets down Y/N somewhere safe, and The Doom Bug Bursting in soon after, causing them all to scream and for Loggle to hide in a chest. Anne then begins assaulting the Doom Bug by tossing random pieces of wood at it.

Anne: What's it gonna take to get rid of this thing? (Picks up a wooden cuckoo clock) Oh, this is nice. (Tosses it at the Doom Bug, which causes the clock to break easily)

Leopold Loggle: (Laments) That took 20 years to carve.

The Doom Bug then corners Anne, only to hear a yell from behind. Turning around reveals... Polly with wooden limbs. Polly marches over to The Doom Bug and begins attacking it with her new limbs, causing the right leg to get launched off after one kick.

Anne: (Grabbing the leg) Charge!

Sprig: (Grabs some sandpaper) Charge!

The three begin assaulting The Doom Bug from three different angles: Polly from in front, Anne from behind, and Sprig from above. They're doing well, until The Doom Bug remembers it has multiple legs and kicks both Polly and Anne away. Y/N sees whats happening and decides to take matters into his own hands.

Y/N: Hey Twig! (Gets The Doom Bugs attention) Have at me! (Y/N's eyes glow black and red for a second, but unbeknownst to Y/N the gem begins to crack a bit more, though it isn't noticeable)

*Song Name: WoodShop*
(Original Song Name: Reactor, by Ethanthedoodler. Imagine It's The Doom Bug and Y/N instead of Green and Boyfriend)

As the song continues The Doom Bug begins to attack Y/N faster, even managing to land a few hits on him. The song then comes to an end as Y/N falls to the ground and gets launched into one of the walls.

Anne see's this, and looks around where she landed. She then finds a jar full of termites.

Anne: Termites! Why would a woodsmith have termites?

Loggle: I'm a complicated man!

Anne: Incoming!

Anne throws the termites at The Doom Bug, which begin eating at the bark all over it's body. Soon enough, the termites finish chewing the wood, revealing underneath is... something truly disturbing. Y/N gets up and walks toward the trio looking at the damage of The... whatever it is.

Polly: Uh...

Sprig: Cool.

Anne: This world is messed up.

Y/N: (Deadpans) You are just now realizing that?

The hideous monstrosity begins to take it's leave, whimpering the whole way out.

Anne: Up top!

Sprig: (High fives Anne) We did it!

Polly: That was awesome, you guys!

Y/N: (Out of breath) And tiring!

Anne: Now, let's get this cane back to Hop Pop.

Loggle: Give me that! (Emerges from the chest and snatches the cane)

Anne: Hey!

Polly: What gives, Loggle?

Loggle: I'll tell you what gives. This doesn't even begin to cover the damages you've caused to my shop. You're gonna have to give me something else. Come on. Pony up.

Sprig: (Sighs) Will this work?

Loggle: What? What is this, uh... (Begins clicking it) Oh. (Continues clicking it) Oh! I like this. You can go. (The four kids begin to leave until...)

Y/N: Actually I'll stay back for a bit. I'll meet y'all at the house, okay? (The trio gives him a nod)

Sprig: Sorry, Anne. After all we worked for too.

Anne: It's okay. We'd better head home. Hop Pop's probably already awake and furious.

Polly: Probably a bad time to bring this up, but I still get the candy, right?

Cuts back to Y/N and Loggle, with Loggle still clicking the pen, until Y/N coughs getting Loggles attention.

Loggle: So why did you stay back, you want a job?

Y/N: Nah. I stayed to make an offer. If I can beat you in a rap battle I can get the cane back, deal?

Loggle: (Thinks about it for a bit) Deal. (Shakes Y/N's hand)

*Song Name: Deal Maker*
(Original Song name: Guy, by Kiwiquest. Imagine it's Loggle and Y/N, instead of Ved Guy and D-Sides Boyfriend)

The Song soon comes to an end with Y/N ending up coming on top.

Y/N: Heck Yeah! (Goes for the cane) And now for the cane.

Loggle: (Stops Y/N before he can take the cane.) Now hold on. Instead of taking the cane how about taking some copper coins. (Pulls out some copper coins from his pocket)

Y/N: (Thinks about it for a bit) I don't see why not. (Takes the copper coins from Loggle and starts to leave the store) Thanks dude.

Back at the Plantar Farm, Hop Pop is seen still asleep, and is just starting to wake up from his nap.

Hop Pop: (Opens the door and yawns) Whoa, boy. I needed that. Hope nothing happened while I was asleep to make me mad again. (See's everyone covered in bruises) Oh, no. What did you do?

Sprig: What's up with canes? Who even needs them these days, am I right? (Gets jabbed by Polly) Ow.

Anne: (Sighs) I'm really sorry, Hop Pop. I was goofing around, and I broke your favorite cane.

Hop Pop: (Shocked) You what?!

Anne: I know, I know. Also I was the one that broke the cane, and not Y/N. I'll show myself out. (Begins heading to the door)

Sprig: We'll come visit you, Anne. We promise.

Y/N: (Bawling his eyes out) I didn't even plan to stay here!

Polly: (Crying) And just when I was starting to like you and Y/N!

Anne: (Holding back tears) Don't make this harder than it is. (The four then begin bawling and hugging, leaving Hop Pop confused)

Hop Pop: What the-- What's going on?

Anne: You're throwing me us out. Well me out since Y/N didn't do anything. You know, like you said you would.

Hop Pop: (Sighs) Mmm. Anne, truth be told, I was never gonna throw you out. I was just talking tough so that you'd show me a little bit more respect.

Anne: That's kinda messed up, man.

Y/N: Ditto.

Hop Pop: Heh heh heh. (Inhales) Yeah. I probably was a little bit too harsh. But I only did it because you remind me of myself when I was your age. Rough around the edges. Now, put that bag down, young lady. You're not going anywhere.

Sprig: Whoo! Yeah! I like that.

Y/N: I didn't mean anything I said!

Polly: Yeah! I wasn't worried.

Anne: Thanks, Hop Pop. So you're not mad about the cane?

Hop Pop: Oh, I'm furious about the cane. (Raises his voice) You're on dish duty for a month!

Anne: Ugh. Yes, sir!

Hop Pop: Now that that's settled, I wrote a long list of comebacks to get back at you two for this morning. (Reads the list and clears his throat) "Hey, Anne, is that your hair, or is it a dandelion?" Ha. (Sniffles) Uh-- Oh. Are those long, lanky limbs, Y/N, or are those, uh, twigs? Ah! (Sprig just coughs) The moment has passed, hasn't it?

Y/N then throws his microphone at Hop Pop shocking Anne, Sprig, and Polly then walks down to the basement.

Bonus Clip!

We now return to the small pink robot from earlier. It has now reached it's destination which is... inside a computer.

We get a close up onto the creator of this robot. It is tall and lanky, while wearing a Top-Hat on his head, has whites eyes, two arms with an extra two coming out of his back, and looks glitchy and pixelated around his grey looking body.

The figure seems to be looking at portals, that show different worlds. Though only two can be visible with one having an Orange Glow to it and shows another version of Y/N in the portal and the other having a Dark Blue and Purple Glow to it and shows a demon version of Y/N  in the portal.

It then looks at the scan of Y/N that the robot took seeing if his data is up to code. More specifically looking at his Nightmare Energy with it still being at 0%

???: L00K$ L1K3 3V#RYT#!NG !$ 0K !N T#3 MULT!V3R$3.

As it begins to continue looking at different multiverses and timelines, the camera pans towards the scan of Y/N with his Nightmare Energy going up to 1%. Looks like this journey just got a whole lot more interesting...

By the way here's a look of what those robots that GL!X uses look like:

(Sorry I couldn't find a better photo)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 428 22
The last time Marcy was in town, six months ago for Anne's 23rd birthday, the trio almost revealed everything. Thank Frog, it was just for a week. Bu...
1.2K 75 18
It been a year after the Purple War. Now the Trio are back home...but when a parasite enter Sasha's mind. There's nothing to stop The Darkness
2.3M 46.5K 52
I sit down on my bike looking around the school parking lot. Listening to music, I stand up begin to walk through the student-less parking lot. Hones...
16.8K 620 20
I OWN NON OF THESE CHARACTERS WITHIN THIS STORY A little bit about Y/n is that she is quite shy out in the real world, however when she's on the Inte...