Stars Aligned | βœ“

By weirdpranialive_

Book #1 of the Stars Series. ~She taught him to speak out loud He taught her to hear the silence~ ✨ "Do you... More

Author's note
Character Aesthetics
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
Epilogue
When Our Stars Collided!

42

3.4K 359 107
By weirdpranialive_

Chapter Forty-Two
"Because he's my best friend"

× ANANYA ×

"Preet chahiye, Reet, Geet, Meet sab udake mujhe toh bus Preet chahiye, Preet chahiye, bhai Preet chahiye" Deven sung this lines in a whole lyrical manner and I looked at him weirdly.

"Pagala gaya hai tu?" Kirti asked him and he just showed his tongue to her in a mocking way.
[Have you gone crazy?]

"Uske pyaar mei" Hearing my reply Deven just looked at me and nodded vigorously with a grin after keeping a hand on his chest.
[In her love]

I just shook my head and my gaze fell on Sahil who was looking like a husband material in his light yellow kurta.

You see that hot, handsome, tempting, directly thrown-out-from-heaven type of man standing there minding his own business? He's mine y'all, that's my man.

My simp side already started attacking Sahil the moment it saw him while the devil enjoyed the show and Angel shook her head standing in a corner.

My simp side is already pregnant. I tell you.

Uh, Why would say that, Anu?

You've lost it. More like, he has made you lose it, lose your shit, peace, calmness, heart, mind, brain, everything.

The stunt he pulled up yesterday, God damn. I don't think I'll be able to breathe in the same room as him.

Kidding.

But I don't know which bold ghost entered his body who did all of that because that was such a not Sahil thing to do.

My boy was so shy, what the fuck happened to him suddenly yesterday?

Not that I mind, I'm glad he took the initiative or else I was mentally preparing myself to gather some courage and do it by myself.

I'm not giving up on him, now.

He ruined my mental peace, now I'll ruin his till the day I die.

But yes, I am a person of words and not actions in this case, no matter how much I try to flirt but taking things ahead or even confessing is a big deal.

I've never been in a relationship, how do you expect me to kiss him suddenly? Where am I supposed to get the courage from? I'm not even experienced.

He has the experience and therefore I expect him to take a step. And yesterday he took like five huge steps except for the main which should've been taken.

And that male bitch, Vivian.

I'll forever curse him for making everything awkward for me. At this point, I'm awkward with Vivian, I'm awkward with Sahil. I'm awkward with myself.

"Oye"

My trance broke because of Sahil's voice and I glanced at him raising my eyebrows. Every time I look at him now, yesterday's incident plays inside my head making me red.

Just don't fucking blush.

This man says he doesn't like the word perfect but is a live example of it. Such a hypocrite.

"Teko pata hai,-" I cut his sentence in mid and interrupted.
[You know what-]

Thank you so much for not being awkward like me, Sahil. I appreciate you ignoring yesterday's event like it never happened.

However, I still feel the goosebumps all over my body when I remember yesterday's event. A shiver runs across my body every time I think about the way he pulled me towards himself.

Such a bookish thing to do.

"Nahi"  He glared at me and I grinned mischievously and then asked him to continue further through actions.
[No]

"Since my childhood, I've always wanted a star," he said and I nodded listening to his story. I jumped a little and sat on the table because I assumed this was going to be long. Not that I mind. He did the same and sat on the table while I shook my legs till he started his story.

"And now I got you" My eyes filled with amusement met his, which were filled with excitement.

"Aww," I said and patted his cheek lightly.

"You know," I started and he looked at me curiously like a child, "From my childhood, I've always wanted a cute, fancy dustbin, now I got you"

I controlled my laughter on seeing his reaction after the realization hit him. He looked into my eyes with a straight face.

"Why do I even expect something good from you?" He muttered to himself and I burst out laughing.

"Sorry, Mr cutie,"  I said and pulled his right cheek lightly. He removed my hand and gave an expression.

He started giving a lot of new reactions and expressions. Early he used to either smile, or narrow his eyes, or his face would be straight.

Aur abh toh jaise meri ruthi hui biwi ho wise natak karta hai.
[Now he throws tantrums like he is my angry wife]

I looked at Sahil only to find him staring at Deven with a scowl on his face.

"Why are you looking at him like that?" I asked him.

"Like what?" He asked and rested his face back normally.

"Like you are in love with him" He narrowed his eyes at my sarcastic comment.

"I do not like him" He confessed.

I've read enough books to know what that feeling is.

And I feel so good. Someone finally being jealous of me. I like these small emotions a lot and always wished for it to happen whenever I saw someone getting jealous or possessive of their loved ones.

"Why?" I asked him intentionally.

"He's weird and he sticks to you like chewing gum" He also muttered a curse under his breath which I wasn't able to hear clearly.

"Jealous much?" I asked him teasingly, he just shrugged in response.

"Don't worry, he likes someone else" Sahil immediately looked at me with a very happy expression.

"Who?" He asked me.

"Your sis-" Ananya, you have a crack in your head. Please fill that up first.

"What nonsense?" I bit my lower lip at his response.

I'm starting to become dumb after staying with him.

"Preet? This man is so problematic" He muttered angrily and glared at Deven who was far away from us but visible.

"Pehle gale milne ka man hora tha abh muh todne ka ho raha hai."  He added while I let out a small chuckle.
[Earlier I wished to hug him now I want to break his face]

"Do not open your mouth and say anything to Preet, or anyone. I'll not spare you" I threatened him.

"Why do you always take his side?"  He questioned and the irritation was clear on his face.

"Because he's my best friend" I immediately regretted saying this in front of him after I saw the look on his face.

Here goes his sensitive ass.

"I thought that was me," he mumbled slowly lowering his head dramatically.

"You are more than that" I tried to cover it up by flirting and winked at him while he just gave me an uninterested look.

"Yeah, yeah, cover it up now"

"This is not cover-up" I nudged him by the elbow rested my head on his shoulder intentionally and intertwined my arm with his.

"You are my top male best friend" He mockingly nodded his head and then kept a finger on his mouth politely indicating me to shut up.

"Okay, don't listen to me. What else can I say?" I shrugged lightly by the end of my statement. The next few minutes were acquired by a complete silence until I broke it.

"You tell me, Sahil, who do I spend most of my time with? You. Who do I flirt, and roast all the time? You. Who do I share my things first? You after Kirti. Who do I love spending my time with? You. Who makes me laugh by cracking the lamest jokes? You. Then why so sad, sweetie" I said looking at the people moving around us, engrossed in their work while we sat here in a comfortable manner as if the time ran slow for us.

"All this because of the fake dating, What if everything changes when this ends?" He asked and I looked at him and my eyes met his which needed the answer along with some reassurance.

"Do you think everything we did in the past few days was just an act?"  I cross-questioned him while knowing that both of us were aware of the answers. He didn't reply but a very small smile on his face did.

"Okay now, let's go for their haldi ceremony," I said and jumped after holding his hand which made him jump with me. I dragged him towards the function and he just followed me without complaints.

On our tracks, Sahil's mom bumped into us and her lips formed into a smile as soon as she saw us.

"Nazar na lage tum dono ko," She said like a typical Indian Mom and curved her hand above our head like a typical Indian Mom ever.
[I hope the evil eyes stay away]

I turned back and looked at Sahil whose eyes were already on me, as if waiting for me to turn. I smiled a little at this genuine action of Aunty and noticed him just smiling to himself.

🦋

"Do you know where Kirti is?" I asked Preet who shook her head.

"I saw her last with Vivian bhai, they were fighting" she replied.

"When are they not fighting?" I got an affirmative nod in return. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see who it was.

As soon as I noticed the person, my body stiffened and I felt a tight knot in my stomach. My breathing increased and I felt some mixed emotions.

"Anu?" I heard my nickname and I closed my eyes to control my tears, but strangely there weren't any.

I was just shocked at this moment. How?

"Maa?" I kept staring at her figure in disbelief. She did the same though tears were already falling from her eyes.

Four years. I'm seeing her again after four years.

I don't know how to feel about this. I was never prepared for this.

Within a second, another person was standing beside her, looking at me, shocked to see me. I could see the hint of anger in his eyes and I could feel my body's temperature increasing.

My mother's lovely husband. My so-called father.

The man I dislike the most. The man who almost made me give up my trust in men. The man who ruined my mother's whole life. The man who was going to ruin my life too.

If there is a list of people who I hate the most, this man's name would be present on the top with s red underline.

"Chamatkar," I heard this being called out and saw Sahil who was running and coming towards me. Just beside her was Kirti and Vivian, they had very tense expression on their face.

"Ananya, fuck" Kirti said, and noticing my parents, she shut her eyes tightly. My eyes went back to them who kept looking at me in disbelief.

"Why did you run away?" Mr Rajveer Rajput asked me directly coming to the point he was interested in.

After four years, this is the first thing he asks me. This.

I wasn't expecting a 'How are you?', 'Are you okay?' or anything but I didn't expect him to be this brutal. I was never prepared for this moment, but now that it was happening, it was hurting. A lot.

But again, my fault, expectation hurts.

Sahil was trying to come towards me but Kirti tried to stop him. Vivian held Kirti's hand asking her to not stop him. And within a second, Sahil was standing beside me.

"Did you run away with this guy?" My eyebrows narrowed at this question. He eyed Sahil from head to toe with a very judging look present on his face.

Right, he thinks a girl cannot run alone. She needs some man to do a small thing, running away is a big deal.

"I believe you want to hear a yes from me but unfortunately no, I ran away alone," I said and wiped my cheek to get rid of a single tear that fell.

"I cannot believe it. That day because of you, I felt so insulted, only because of you. We had to keep our heads down the whole time in shame because of you" He started the blame game while I rolled my eyes. I should've been prepared for this moment.

"Do not create any drama here, Mr Rajput" I cleared it before he could even start with more. I could answer every nonsense he would speak, but somewhere alone. I would not want to create a big drama in a public place.

"Chamatkar" I heard Sahil whisper. I knew he was indicating me speaking politely.

"Who is he? The guy you're getting money to survive from?" I knew the context behind that sentence.

He indirectly implied that I was sleeping with him.

I glanced towards my mother who did not speak a word till now but her gaze didn't leave me. Her heart was breaking, I knew it.

"Oh my my, how do you know that? You know, I'm kind of fulfilling his needs and surviving." I knew him very well, this is what my father would be thinking right now and that is why I brought it up.

He believes that the only way a woman can earn maximum money is by sleeping with someone. Or because of some household chores. He needs to modify his thinking now.

"How shameless-" he started and I cut him off.

"Not everyone is like you, Mr Rajput. And no, I'm not sleeping with him if that's what you are asking me. And the question of how am I surviving? On my own, with my money, happily. Now let's pretend as if we never met here, I don't want to create a fuss at anyone's wedding day"

"What about the one you created at yours?" He asked.

"You forced me to," I replied instantly and shrugged.

I was waiting for my mother to say anything, to speak up, but no. She would not. She could never be in front of her God-like husband.

She just stood there with a helpless look like always.

She was not helpless but she chose to be that.

"At a point, I'm so happy that you are gone. My reputation is gone but at least you are out of my house. A disrespectful brat, that's all you have ever been. And an unwanted child who would never listen to anyone" I closed my eyes at his words.

I've heard worse than this. But a long time ago. Now that I hear them again, something breaks inside me, even if I do not want to feel bad about his words. He does not matter to me at all.

"Even this guy will be tired of you one day and will leave you, Mark my words. You force people to do that."

How quick he was to judge our relationship when all Sahil did was whisper in my ear. This shows what kind of person he is.

"In case you forgot you didn't leave me. I left you guys." I replied and the rage in his eyes was visible. He raised his hand clearly to slap me but I held it in mid-air. Another hand was just going to do the same but I was faster.

"I won't allow you to do this with me, again. Your wife would not say a word to you when you do this to her but please remember, I am not her. You don't get to touch me again, Mr. Rajput" I said out loud in front of everyone who was present there and looking at us and left his hand. His male ego was destroyed by this action of mine.

As the tone of our voices was low, not many people were able to hear us, but it was loud enough for the near ones to hear.

The memories of the past where this happened some uncountable times repeated in my head.

"Please enjoy the wedding peacefully. Don't ruin everyone's day, because that is your habit. Forget that you met me." I said and folded my hands.

"I already forgot that I have a daughter who is just a disappointment. Don't come running towards us once you get ruined, you are already dead for me" I nodded at the daggers he threw in the form of words.

"What is happening?" Sahil's Mom and Dad came in our direction walking fast. Vivian held them back and spoke something to them.

"Stay assured. When I didn't come to you in these four years, I am sure I might not come on the upcoming ones too." I said and for the last time looked at my mother, who had her head down by now. She kept wiping her tears but did not feel the need to come towards me or hug me once.

Was I the only one who missed her?

I was angry, hurt, and disappointed in her. But it wasn't new. If she wouldn't speak for herself why do I expect her to speak for me?

I went towards her and engulfed her in a hug, anyway. She wanted to, but she would never. And I did not wish to lose this chance. She did not even hug me back but neither did she push me away. I inhaled her smell which felt like home because this was my only and last chance. Without uttering a word, I pulled back from her and went away from there.

I could have said more but I did not wish to create a big drama.

I started taking long steps and went out of the wedding hall, wiping the tears which now didn't stop flowing. I tried to find a place, a corner where no one would come or find me, walking directionless I felt my stupid nickname being called.

"Chamatkar"

Coming here was a fucking bad decision.

The whole fake dating was a bad decision. If I didn't agree to that then I wouldn't be here. 

I told Sahil that our families are somehow related because if his parents can show up at my wedding then obviously mine will attend his brother's. But No, he wouldn't hear it.

While walking I felt a tug at my wrist therefore I had to stop in my tracks.

"Leave me alone, Sahil," I said but didn't turn around. I wiped my cheeks with my other hand.

"Look at me" I didn't follow what he said but instead tried to get my wrist out of his hold. 

"Look at me, chamatkar" He repeated when I didn't listen, he came in front of me but didn't leave my hand.

"At least, look at me"

"Why should I? I told you our families know each other. I told you, I should not come here." I said and struggled to free my hand. His told was tight enough to not let me succeed.

Fresh pairs of tears left from my eyes. I was on the verge of breaking down but I controlled because I did not wish to do that in front of him. Or anyone.

I do not want to be considered weak in front of anyone's eyes.

"Leave my hand, Sahil" I yelled this time and instead of my hand being free, I felt a pair of arms tightly wrapping around me.

"Leave me, Sahil," I said and hit him so that he followed.

"I want to be alone" I whined and tears left from my eyes while I kept hitting him in frustration.

"Hit me as much as you want, I'm not leaving you," He said and I cried more at this.

"I should not have come here" I complained, my face hiding in the crook of his neck while I kept hitting his back with the other hand.

"Totally" he replied.

"I should not have agreed to do this fake dating bullshit," I said once again and tried to get away from him but the more I struggled, the tighter his hold was becoming.

"Totally"

"I regret everything, I did think that this was going to happen but no, I was dumb," I said in between my sobs.

"Totally" Was all he replied again, irritating me more than before.

I felt his head on my shoulder in between the hug and his hand caressing my back peacefully.

"I hate this, I hate you, I hate my parents, I hate this world, I hate my existence, I hate everything. Everything." He did not reply to me but now caressed my hair.

"Okay?" I did not understand what he said or asked after a few seconds.

"What okay?" I mumbled angrily and hid my face deeper.

"Nothing, keep going" I made a face and cried out again.

"I did not want to meet them. Why did I have to face them again?" My voice was breaking in between because of the sobs.

"And why are you not leaving me alone like everyone?" I did not get a reply so I just continued speak to instead. He just made sure to hum after my one statement and kept caressing my back.

"Why did they have to come today? Why were they attending the wedding? And if they spotted me then just ignore me, why create such a fuss? Ignore me like always. Why does it always happen to me? Why did I even come here with you? Why did I agree to this stupid fake dating? I should not have agreed to Amar bhai. I regret it, all of it. Even he left me after a few months of giving me hope. My father was right, nobody stays, Sahil, Everyone leaves me" My hurt was coming out in the form of frustration and I knew it. Finally, I felt that someone was listening to what I had held in my heart for so long.

"I will not" I heard him say softly and kissed the top of my head.

I let my emotions flow while he held me in his hold.

🦋

Ananya is one of the strongest characters I've ever written and I mean that honestly.

Thoughts on the chapter>>>

Any thoughts on her parents?

The chapter was a bit dramatic but I wanted to add this.

Do vote and share your views and for sneak peeks and updatess follow me on Instagram. - weirdpranialive_ (my og username lol)

Not much to say so Cya 🤝🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

702K 28.3K 43
"Anu, there's no other way now. You have to go to Mumbai to handle this project." Anaira was expecting this. She didn't want to go to Mumbai. She h...
1.2M 72.3K 105
(Apart Series - Book 1) Dev Kapoor... Popularly called DK!!! 31 year old hot headed, carefree, badass was currently the most talked and successful bu...
15K 1.8K 43
[COMPLETED] ➠ SHORT LISTED UNDER "MATTERS OF HEART" CATEGORY FOR WATTPAD INDIA AWARDS 2021!!! NOW A FEATURED BOOK ➠ 【SDAW is currently featured on w...
4M 140K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...