metamorphosis | various bnha

By stupidgorilla

[various!bnha x fem!moth!reader] "why do you wanna be a hero?" "i don't remember." quirkless and bullied [las... More

0 - b4 u start
1.1 - coma
1.2 - wake up, [first name]!
1.3 - pls let me take the exam!
1.4 - the whole family can hit
1.5 - orientation
1.6 - pls be more selfish.
1.7 - janitor's closet
1.8 - in ur room
1.9 - hawks and miruko are bad influences
2.1 - let's go bully 1-a !
2.2 - u fuckking pest!!
2.3 - make it ur own
2.4 - those red eyes
2.5 - lamp, have you heard of them?
2.6 - it's not u (mostly)
2.7 - 2 urself!
2.8 - ¿1 of them?
2.9 - bite me! :3
2.10 - mutants can't sing
special - king of all losers
2.11 - nightmares
2.12 - red tie
2.13 - woogle, is it illegal to knock out a teacher?
2.14 - empty promises
2.15 - lovebug? gross!
2.16 - nezu hates [first name]
2.17 - ur the worst
2.19 - missed u
3.1 - dragons are real!
3.2 - fuck eraserhead!!!
3.3 - some sorta existential crisis
3.4 - headache
3.5 - the scary forest
3.6 - stupid fucking magician
3.7 - spinner?
3.8 - not enough
special - cold-blooded
3.9 - a friendly reunion :D
3.10 - i'm gonna fucking haunt you
3.11 - not yet
3.12 - u were right
3.13 - just letting yk
extra - songs !

2.18 - best friends?

1.4K 56 115
By stupidgorilla

FIRST OFF we have not one, not two, but THREE beautiful fanarts from fae on quotev !!! the eyes r js like how imagined and the clips r so cuteee and the dress is so pretty like im actually obsesseddd like the casual outfit is def my favvvv

AND NEXT we have two cutesie drawings from rupu (also on quotev) !!! THEYRE SO CUTE the eyes r so prettyyyyy and the wingssss are SOSOSO well done AND like omg guys i love getting fanart im going insane i would rec looking @ their artbook/checking out their stories !!!

theyre all so mf cute omfg i was frothing at the mouth when i saw these they literally motivated me to write like omg anyways this chap is kinda super long uhh idk how wp readers feel abt long chaps to lemme know pls!

...

summary - izuku is really starting to get on [first name]'s nerves. aren't they supposed to be best friends?

...

Izuku leaned his head against the cold metal door to the infirmary, his hand on the knob. The boy let his tears fall to the floor, he didn't even bother to wipe them. He had heard all of that. He didn't know you felt that way. Well, he knew you hated Kacchan, of course you did, and you had every reason to. Kacchan took your life from you. But he felt guilty. Izuku thought of that time, all the way back to the beginning of the school year, which felt so long ago, when he told you, "Please don't report him, [nickname]!"

He was such an idiot for saying that! He doesn't even think he apologized for that. He just got hurt and you forgave him even though he never said sorry. All because you hated the thought of him getting hurt so bad and suffering while you were mad at him. You were so caring towards him, and you refused to not be by his side when he was hurt.

God, you should have reported him, because of all that turmoil he put you through.

He was glad you finally confronted Bakugou. He was so, so happy for you. But why couldn't he bring himself to open the door? This is important for you, he shouldn't interrupt this moment, should he? His hand twitched against his will.

Should he try to comfort you? Is it even his place to do so? Would your other friends do a better job at doing that?

Izuku was so troubled. It hurts to think about your relationship sometimes. So tragic, it could've been published as a storybook. Two kids – outcasts – meet and become each other's support. One of the supports gets punched into a coma and the other has to try and stay strong because it's what the other would have wanted. Then, the support comes back and, like him, is stronger, better. And he's grateful that you got your quirk. Izuku doesn't know if he could've gone to UA without you.

He missed- No, he misses you. He's supposed to be your best friend.

Even though you're back, and you're still the same [nickname], and you're still his support, you're just so far away now. It's like he can't reach you anymore. Everyday he curses the fact that you were put into different classes. Although, even without being placed into the Heroics Course like he was, you're still lightyears ahead of him.

But he'll try. He'll try to catch up to you, no matter what.

Izuku admires you a lot. You're up there right next to All Might. You're just so inspiring and you're... You're just the best. You've always been there for him, haven't you?

But he hasn't always been there for you. God, he's no better than Kacchan. He's hurt you just as much. Do you even trust him anymore? You didn't even tell him about Shigaraki.

Yes, he knew about that whole situation. It was Izuku who heard that vile man utter your name, afterall. He was so scared to bring it up, afraid you would break down if he mentioned it. He thought about your battle with Kacchan, you had yelled Tomb, which he could infer was Tomura. Izuku ran around the campus looking for you, but you had disappeared.

He needed to check up on you. So he would visit your house – though whenever he tried to mention Shigaraki, he found himself with a dry mouth and a little voice in his head that told him not to ruin the moment.

He thinks he likes you.

Izuku talks to his mom about you a lot. His admiration was just too much sometimes.

If you could stand up to Bakugou, why couldn't he?

He felt like shit. Why did he ever defend Kacchan?

"Ah, Midoriya," Recovery Girl croaked, only slightly astounded to see the green-haired boy. The mentioned boy jumped, leaping away from the doorknob with a flushed face from being caught lingering in front of the infirmary. "It's very late, boy, shouldn't you be getting home like everyone else?"

"A- Ah!" he stammered, deeply embarrassed. "I just wanted to visit [nickname] – uh, I- I mean, [first name] – to see if she's conscious yet."

Recovery Girl's wrinkled lips serenely stretched across her face. "Are you dating?" she bluntly asked with no shame.

"Oh, no!" Izuku quickly yelped with a red face. "W... We're just really good friends," he stammered, though he wasn't sure anymore.

...

When you woke up, you saw Bakugou's bed empty. You sneered.

Soft snores echoed throughout the room, and you turned your head to see Izuku. His arms were crossed, and his green head of hair limply hanged down. He was wearing his UA uniform without the blazer on. He looked so cute.

But when did he get here? How long has he been here? "What time is it?" you wondered out loud, glancing around the room for a clock.

Recovery Girl walked in and pressed a chaste kiss onto your forehead. For a second, you forgot about her quirk and thought that she just loved you, haha.

The two of you were on good terms, with you regularly visiting after MMA club to straighten out your wings (which were often slammed on the mat). She was like a cute old grannie.

You felt that strange, warm feeling of your energy levels being depleted due to her quirk, and the immediate effects of her quirk acted, causing your body to ache much less than before. You were strong enough to roll onto your back and sit up against the white headboard of the bed. Letting out a small sigh, you tried to relieve the knot of tension in your back by rubbing it.

"Dear, are you feeling well enough to attend class? I believe it's sixth period right now," Recovery Girl said with the usual kind smile on her face.

You thought about it for a moment before shaking your head. There's only an hour of school left, like hell you're staying. You glanced towards Izuku. "How long has he been here?"

"Hm, since his lunch period, I believe," she answered.

You smiled slightly.

Gosh, Izuku, you're an angel.

His eyes slowly opened, his dark green lashes fluttering against his freckled cheeks. A small yawn escaped his pink lips and they curled into a smile at the sight of you awake. Your puffy, red eyes must have thrown him off for a moment. '...And he looks like one, too.'

"[nickname]," he whispered, "you were so... you were so great yesterday!" His eyes sparkled as he stared at you, reminiscing upon your battle yesterday. The way you handled your quirk, especially considering the fact that you've had yours for only around five months, was just so impressive. You used your quirk like a real hero.

His heart swelled as he thought about it.

You can finally become heroes together like the both of you have always wanted. You'll be the number one hero, and he'll be right behind you in the charts, supporting you. Although you usually insisted it was the other way around.

He was your sidekick, and he would be right by your side as your support.

Izuku's heartbeat rammed against his chest as you shot him a familiarly gentle smile, one that he often found himself daydreaming about. It filled him with a fuzzy, warm feeling and he found it hard to restrain himself from melting into the chair he was sitting on. "H... How are you feeling?" he asked.

As you stared at him, your black eyes pooled with curiosity. "I'm good. Just a little sore 's all," you hummed. Your body was in much better condition than yesterday.

There was a long pause.

"I did it," you hastily said, the words spilling off your tongue before you could shut up. Izuku raised his brow, clearly confused by your sudden confession. "I told Bakugou."

And Izuku started crying, like full on sobbing. You panicked. Of course you were panicking, why the fuck is he crying!? And so much?? It never fails to amaze you, the amount of tears your best friend can produce from his eyes.

"Izu-"

"I'm sorry!" he guiltily blubbered. His head fell to his hands and he refused to look at you. "I'm so... I- I shouldn't have said all that stuff about you telling anyone else b- because it'll... ruin his career. It was so... shitty of me, [nickname], I really should've... I should've supported you, regardless of what you wanted to do. I shouldn't have- Gosh, I messed up didn't I?" He rubbed his red eyes.

'Yeah, you did mess up,' you wanted to say. Your lips twitched into a frown. You remembered how pissed off you were when he told you that. It hurt, it felt like he valued Kacchan more than you, and it made absolutely no sense to you. "Why did you say that though?" you asked him, the same desperation from last night seeping into your sore throat. "Just, why? I know you've known him longer, but do you like him more than me?"

"Of course I don't like him more. God, I love you, [first name]." Izuku was silent, realizing that he had just confessed. He looked up from his hands to see your reaction and jolted at the sight of your big, sad eyes. He would never get used to your striking black eyes. "But I don't know," he hoarsely whispered through wet sniffles. "I don't know why I care about him so much, or why I think we can still be friends after what he did to you. I don't know why I still want him to succeed at all." His voice painfully wobbled.

There were tentative pauses between your words as you spoke, "Do you actually think he can change?"

He looked away again, rueful. "Yes."

And you let his words linger in the air-conditioned room.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. He didn't like your tense silence. For a change, he squirmed in his seat under your uncomfortably miserable gaze, and he knew what he said was wrong. He regretted it, but he really did have hope Kacchan would change. He has to.

You shook your head. "Don't say sorry if you don't mean it, Izuku, I don't like that. It's fine. You have your own... opinion."

"I'm s..." He wanted to say sorry again, but he didn't want to see you even more upset at him. "O- Okay, I won't."

"Maybe he will change," you pensively considered for a moment, your tone stippled with specks of forced optimism. Leaning the back of your head against the hard wall, you averted your eyes to the ceiling so you wouldn't start crying again. "But I don't think I'll ever forgive him. I can't. To me, he'll always be the bastard that put me into a coma." You bit your shaking lip. Forgiving him would be like betraying the girl who fell into that coma. You often found yourself missing her.

"I don't expect you to forgive Kacchan-" He tried to backtrack his words. "I- I don't really want you to either, if I'm being honest. He doesn't deserve it. Yet. But-"

"What would you have done if you were me?" you quietly questioned, interrupting him. "Why don't you hate him like I do? He bullied you, didn't he? Why am I the only one who hates him?" Your voice trailed off, getting lower as you continued, and it cracked at the end. You tried to guess what Izuku would say. He would probably over-explain something and then say yes.

"No, I do... I do hate him, trust me, especially for taking you away from me. The year in which you were gone was the worst year of my life, but I... H- He has a good heart in there somewhere." He sounded unsure of himself, like he was trying to convince himself. "When we were younger, before all that quirk stuff, Kacchan was kind – or as kind as someone with a temperament like him could have. I- I really do think our classmates are helping him become a better person and–"

Bingo.

"Just say yes, just say you would forgive him," you tiredly sighed. A pang of self-disgust punched your chest, and you thought about last night. Someone like Izuku, someone who sees the good in everyone, is that the personality of a hero? Is it selfish of you not to forgive Bakugou?

No. He deserves it. You're allowed to hate him. For now, Izuku's in the wrong, he's too selfless, and it was beginning to piss you off again. Though, the fact that it pissed you off made you want to sob. Isn't being selfless a good thing? So why, why do you hate him for it? You don't want to lose him either.

The reason you fell into that stupid fucking coma was because he was bullying Izuku, so why... Why is he defending him? And why are you starting to hate your dear Zucchan?

The venom in your voice caused his eyes to blow wide and his jaw slightly dropped. He brought himself to nod. You've never used that tone with him, even on your worst day.

It won't be the same between you two, will it? The two of you both knew this. It was like there was a rift between the two of you now. Though to Izuku, the already present valley just became wider, more jagged and dangerous. Still, he would try to repair the bridge connecting you.

Would Bakugou really change? As someone training to become a hero, you prayed he would change. You wanted to ask him about quite a few things that were on your mind. Some thoughts concerned Bakugou, but you should stop thinking about him for now. You tried to change the topic and pretend like everything was fine between the two of you. "But I was just wondering..."

"Yeah?" his voice was eager.

You were nervous, though you knew you shouldn't have been – this is Izuku, after all, your Zucchan. "How did you get your quirk...? I assumed you're just a late-bloomer like me, but..."

Izuku jumped, he was not at all expecting you to ask that! Should he tell you? God, he really, really wanted to! Would it gain back some of your trust in him? He glanced towards Recovery Girl, hoping to see any sort of signal that would force him to keep his mouth shut. Recovery Girl negligently turned her head with a hint of amusement in her smirk. This was his choice to make afterall. Izuku nodded to himself as he bit his lip. If he were to tell anyone about the truth of his quirk, it would be you, his dear best friend.

Yup! Best friend!

"Yes," he muttered out of the blue.

"Hm?" You stared at him with a confused look on your face. He had been silent for a few minutes before letting out a determined yes. It was amusing. He was probably thinking really hard about something, haha.

"This quirk I have," he began, a strangely solemn expression on his face. You nodded, staring at him in interest and listening intently. "It's not my own."

He tried to gauge your reaction, carefully analyzing your facial language. You were naturally pretty expressive – if you hated him, it would show.

You raised your brow at him. How can his quirk not be his own – unless he was saying that in the way that Shouto meant. Izuku's father is in the States, isn't he? You don't remember what he was like, or if you've even ever met him. You don't think Izuku has mentioned him much. You mentally prepared yourself to give the green-eyed boy the same speech you had given to Shouto at the Sports Festival. "Look-"

"I-"

"My bad, you go," you quickly said.

He paused and swallowed a lump in his throat, curious as to what you were about to say, but continued nevertheless. "It was last year, before you woke up. I- I had met All Might– Wait."

He reached into his yellow bag and pulled out two candy bars, both of them being your favorite kind. He handed one to you with a slightly bashful expression – his eyes were attached to the tiled floor, his freckled cheeks were a light shade of pink, and his lips slightly quivered. "Y- You haven't eaten today yet, have you?"

You shook your head with a grin. "Thanks, you're so, like, thoughtful, Izuku." But not thoughtful enough sometimes.

He forced his eyes away from the floor and smiled back at you. He was so cute. But still, you're mad at him.

Your eyes widened as he continued his story, the origin of his powerful quirk. You gasped when he had mentioned the slime villain, scowled in disgruntlement when he had told you about how All Might crushed his dreams of becoming a hero, dropped your jaw when he told you about the return of the slime villain and Bakugou having been held hostage, validated him when he mentioned how he had run in to save his bully (you had admitted you would have left Bakugou without a second thought), raised your brows when All Might saved the day, sympathetically groaned when he detailed his training regiment, and laughed when he ate that golden strand of hair.

Oh, wow, That was a lot. So he doesn't hate his dad... Or maybe he does, but he just isn't a factor of this at all. "Wow, Just... Wow. That's... Wow- Sorry, but I just- I, wow. Oh, I'm saying wow a lot, aren't I? It makes sense though-" Now that you really think about it, their quirks are quite similar, and Izuku gets pulled out by All Might during lunch sometimes. At first you thought it was regular shmegular favoritism, because your Izuku is just so heroic – but now you know it's a bit more than that.

Izuku giggled. He missed this. He really loved just talking to you like this. He loved your expressions, your little noises of surprise, your nuanced input. Gosh, he still has yet to find someone else he bounces off of so well. He doesn't want to let you go.

Your eyes were wide open, and Izuku never realized how large they were able to get. "So that's where you went on that one day? When I slept over and you got up at, like, 3 AM?"

He sheepishly nodded. "Yeah..." He then jolted straight up. "But you can't tell anyone! No one at all! Shit, I have to tell All Might that I told you-"

"Wait, is that really skinny blond guy All Might."

"How'd you know!?!?!"

"Izuku... Come on now."

...

You groaned, tiredly shutting off your blaring alarm with your non-dominant hand.

Yay, school!

It had been nearly two days since the exam; nearly two days since you told that bastard Bakugou about what he did. You hoped you didn't see him today.

Your [dominant] arms were still in a pair of casts and slings – they could have been healed already, but you told Recovery Girl to give you another day with your [color] cast. You wanted to get it signed! You've never done that before! Signed casts were something that popular kids did – no one would ever want to sign your cast when you were younger.

You exited your apartment, coincidentally at the same time as Rin. You smiled at him, slightly awkwardly. There were three other bodies in his apartment, you sensed, thanks to your antennae. "Morning, Rin-kun," you said. His silky black hair was down, you noticed, which you've never seen before. It's usually in a cute braid. He looked really pretty – like Getou from Jujutsu Kaisen kinda.

His sharp eyes widened before relaxing again. "Oh. Good morning. We're a little late, aren't we?" His black eyes trailed down to the [color] cast on your arm.

You checked your phone. 8:07 AM. If you're lucky, you'll make it to UA right before the first bell. "Ah-"

"[first name] IS YOUR NEIGHBOR!?!?!?"

Kosei's spiky auburn-ish hair bounced as he slightly jumped in shock at your appearance. His big beady eyes were wide as he stared at you, and you realized just how much you had missed his stupid little face. You smiled widely at him and gave him a brief hug. "Kosei!!" You then registered the other boys present – "Oh, Kaibara-kun and Awase-kun, too! What are you all doing here?"

"C'mon, Vlad-Sensei's gonna scold us!" Awase said, speeding ahead. The rest of you followed. He's such a fast walker, what the flip.

You assumed Kosei, Kaibara, and Awase had stayed over at Rin's last night. Awase looked so tired, he didn't even have his usual headband on! He had such cute round eyes, oh my gosh.

Kosei's tan cheeks quickly turned pink. It was so obvious he likes you, God, it was kinda embarrassing. He wondered if you noticed (you most definitely have). He could only think about the fact that you were sleeping right next door – he felt like a little pervert. Kosei's face got even hotter at the thought.

Kaibara, who had silently moved to stand beside you, yawned, raising his hand to cover his mouth. "We took our Practical yesterday and Sensei let us take our videos home to review–"

"–So we did it together," Kosei finished, holding up four black USBs chips. They were all labeled with cute dog-themed stickers, each one strangely resembling each boy (courtesy of Vlad King). You let out a small laugh when you saw the corgi sticker, which had an uncanny resemblance to Kosei. You just had to point it out.

The auburn-haired boy flustered. Do you really think he looks like a corgi? He didn't know whether to be flattered or offended! If you were a dog, he thinks you would be a... Hm... A nice big one.

Hey, you wanna review your footage now! Just as you were about to ask something, Awase pointed at the cast on your arm. "What the shit happened to your arms?" he asked. He was a bit worried when he saw it, especially because he noticed you weren't at lunch yesterday.

You raised your sling, acknowledging the injured arms. "Practical," you grunted out, rolling your eyes a little.

"You took it, too?" Rin asked, an incredulous look on his face. "I didn't know you could take it..."

"Yeah, I'm, like, special," you said with a smug smile. "It was me against the Big Three, y'know!" Yes, you were bragging, because at the end of the day, even though you did more running than fighting, it's still an impressive feat!

"Three...?"

"Did you pass?"

The four boys were thoroughly impressed by this. One against three? You never fail to impress them.

You nodded vigorously with a large smile. "I'll tell you guys about it at lunch! Did you four pass?" You hoped they did, you wanna go to the camp with them.

Fortunately, all four of them passed, meaning you'll see all of them at the camp. You grinned.

Kaibara smiled. So you're going to the camp? He genuinely couldn't wait. He checked the time and his eyes widened. Shit, you have ten minutes to get to school. He grabbed onto one of your uninjured hands and began to pull you away from the other three, breaking into a jog. "Let's go, [last name], we don't want to be late!" he yelled.

"Hey, wait for us!"

"You sly bastard!"

"Kaibaraaaaaa!!"

...

You made it to homeroom just in time, just a few seconds before the bell would ring. "Wait!" you called out to the four boys who had begun to walk over to their class. You dug a marker out of your backpack, a [color] marker that would contrast against the [color] of your cast. "Sign my cast," you urged, your eyes sparkling with expectancy.

Kosei was the first to grab the marker, he scrawled his first name in large letters on your top arm's cast, his tongue poking out slightly between his lips. "Am I the first?" he asked, his cute puppy eyes gleaming with a strange hope as he smiled his signature grin. He really is a corgi.

Quite awkwardly, you admitted, "No, Izuku was the first." You turned your arm a bit so he could see the big signature that said Zucchan. Izuku had signed your cast yesterday, after he had woken up from his nap. He was the one who gave you the idea to have people sign it.

Kosei grumbled a few things, most of them quite jealous words, and pinched your cheek. "Let's just pretend I was the first," he said. You chose to agree and pet his hair.

"Midoriya, from Class A?" Rin confirmed, taking the marker from Kosei. You nodded and he hummed. "He's smart, isn't he?"

Rin knew the boy as the winner of the Sports Festival's preliminary race. He pulled some tricks at the end and won first place due to it. Personally, he thought that you deserved first place. You could have won first place, most definitely, but you chose not to. He wondered why. Though in the end, it was good judgment, because first place was targeted like a slab of meat in a lion den.

Kosei, trying to hide his jealousy, rolled his eyes slightly. Midoriya Izuku is actually his enemy. Sometimes Kosei wished he could just become the principal and put you in 1-B, the better class- Wait, ew, that sounded like something Monoma would say. Monoma keeps bugging him for your number but he really doesn't want to give it to the boy.

Rin's signature was now on your cast, and then Kaibara's, and then Awase's. You thought it was cute how all of their handwriting looked so different from one another. The bell rang, and you realized that you should probably go into your classroom.

You didn't realize that Kaibara had taken pictures of the boys signing your cast. He would print these out.

"See you at lunch," you said with a smile.

Rin simply waved and left. Kaibara gave you a sheepish smile and nodded his head. Kosei hugged you before speed walking off to class. Awase stayed behind, glaring at you. Why is he glaring at you? It scared you a bit. Your lips awkwardly flattened as you returned his prolonged eye contact.

Awase huffed, his heartbeat irregularly quick. He can do this! He forced himself to move, and he gave you a brief side hug and ran off before you could say anything. Well, you could stick your head into his classroom (it's literally right next door after all) but you decided to save him the embarrassment.

Your face heated up a little. That was so cute, Awase!!!

...

Luckily, Ectoplasm had yet to take attendance. He wasn't even in the room yet. Your class was surprised to see you with not one, but two broken arms. Holy shit, what did you do yesterday?

Aina grinned at you, "We heard you passed!" Her best friend was gonna make it, whether those snotty Heroics kids like it or not! You're better than all of them, and she really believed that. You're the most heroic person out there, and she knows you're gonna transfer some day. Aina didn't like it, the thought of you leaving her. Really, she didn't want you to leave at all. If she could, Aina would transfer, too, but, alas, her quirk just isn't made for that department. All she had were these nails, which were pretty, but just so flimsy.

She could never be like you.

But it's not like she was jealous, no, of course not! She was proud! She just hoped those stupid Hero kids wouldn't rub off on you.

Shinsou was another case.

God, was he envious of you. He was so jealous, really. You – the girl who had told him that his quirk wasn't evil; who had let herself be so vulnerable in front of him; who had encouraged him during the Sports Festival and carried him to the final round; who had reassured him after his loss; who had introduced him to MMA – were just so perfect. That's what he thought at least. Your life, unlike his, was eventful and you were so beautiful and popular. You were so perfect in his eyes.

While your classmates bombarded you with questions, Shinsou couldn't bring it in himself to stand up and greet you, like he usually would have.

At first, he thought you were outgoing. He remembered the day of the orientation. You had greeted him so casually and though he was weary of your bright presence, he found himself looking for you at lunch. Maybe he could sit with you? But, unfortunately, you were already sitting with a rather large group of people. You were already so popular on the first day of school. He couldn't bring himself to walk up to you.

The next day was the day UA was infiltrated by reporters. You had looked over and began walking over. Although you were awkward, your actions were just so assuring, like you knew exactly what you wanted to do. You had asked if he wanted a lift, or something like that, and he jokingly said yes. You guessed he was serious and you actually picked him up. He remembered his shock at how easily you seemed to pick him up. Even after what would have been a brief interaction, you prolonged it by following him to class. You asked him questions about himself, and Shinsou, who rarely spoke about himself, enjoyed it.

In homeroom, you had defended him by diverting the topic slightly, and he appreciated it. You had even stayed during lunch time just to tell him about how not villainous his quirk was and invite him to eat lunch with you. God, you were too nice. And with what happened in the closet... He thought about it an unhealthy amount. Not in a crazy, yandere way, but in a 'What if we kissed' way. Even though he had just begun talking to you that day, it was the perfect condition to kiss in, in his opinion.

And you ignored him for a while after that. He would notice you forcing yourself not to look at him during class, and it was amusing at first. Then, it just got annoying. He wanted to talk to you again, but you just wouldn't give him the chance to.

This time, he would be the one to ignore you. You were going on that camping trip during the break, so it would be easier to ignore you anyways.

He wanted to go with you on that trip.

Why not him? Why couldn't he be chosen too? Why did you choose those Hero kids over him? He then realized something that made his heart clench: would you really even care? You have so many friends, especially in the Hero Course. It doesn't matter if he stops talking to you because you have a million more friends to go talk to.

A tsunami of insecurity washed over him.

He saw you walk, no, strut with an air of your usual goofy nonchalance to your seat, and this time it slightly irked him. Why do you walk like that? Like you're so great?

Maybe it's because you are.

He focused on his phone when you sat down on your desk beside him. He wanted to look busy so you just wouldn't talk to him. He wasn't sure how well he would be able to avoid you.

"Shinsou-kun!" you sang, setting down your bag. When he continued to stare down at his phone, you frowned. You then bobbed your head in front of him, so that he was forced to look at you. "Hello?"

He glanced up. You beamed at him and he felt his resolve crumbling, like your smile was so radiant it melted the walls he tried to put up. Shinsou simply hummed and went back to his phone.

'Weird...' you thought. Usually, he would've given you that hot half-assed grin of his and said morning, or something like that. He hasn't given you a response like this since the beginning of the school year! Did your relationship go backwards? Is it because you've been with the Hero kids so much? You skip general classes twice a week to train with either 1-A or 1-B, and you usually eat with your friends in 1-B and Aina during lunch.

Maybe you have been neglecting him quite a bit as of recently.

"Can I, uh, eat lunch with you, Shinsou-kun?" you minutely asked. Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes.

"Can't – I'm eating with Tanaka-san and the rest," he excused, his voice a bit too harsh for your liking. "Besides, you can go eat with those hero kids you love so much."

Oh, so he's jealous.

Tanaka Yozou, upon hearing his name uttered, leaned his fuzzy head towards your conversation. His quirk, big ear, allowed him to enlarge his ears to a sizable amount. It was easier to catch soundwaves or something, so he had really good hearing. He had a conceited (almost perverted) look on his face as he listened in. He loved when people talked about him. It was good for his ego.

"Yo, bro, why'd your ear grow...?"

"Tanaka, you bastard! Are you even listening to us?"

Tanaka ignored his friends' comments and instead jumped up from his seat before you could answer. "Yes, [first name]-chan, you can eat with us!" he exclaimed with a grin.

"[first name]-chan!?" you repeated. You haven't spoken to him that much, so you were taken aback by his sudden informality. But then again, you don't care that much about formalities either. You just do it because you assumed other people cared about them. "Okay, you're Yozou-chan then," you teased. The boy accepted the nickname with open arms.

Aina also jumped up from her seat. "Hey, I'm coming too!"

"Eh? Maybe our entire class should just eat lunch together..." Ruyami suggested.

Hayami kittenishly smiled, glancing towards Shioza, "I'm not opposed to that idea."

Shioza pumped his fist in the air excitedly. "Bonding time!" The boy, who was usually quite quiet, beamed. You and Aina shared a look.

Shinsou groaned. God, why are such a magnet?

...

Lunch was eventful, to say the least. You had sat down beside Shinsou, with Aina on your other side. Across from you three, were Yozou, Gintaro Ryota, and Kise Doumu. Aina spoonfed you as you spoke with your class. It was crazy how little you knew about some of your classmates.

Shinsou grumbled. He was trying to ghost you, but he just couldn't escape you. You and Aina were acting all lovey-dovey too, and it was pissing him off. He tried to focus on his conversation with the boys, but it was hard to ignore the two of you.

"Here comes the train, babe~" Aina cooed, holding up the last spoon of [food] to your lips. "Choo choo~"

Your eyes went wide and you tried to suppress a boisterous laugh with twitching lips. You opened your mouth and instead of Aina gently placing the spoon into your mouth, Shinsou had grabbed it from her grasp and shoved it into your mouth. You choked, trying not to spray all the food out of your mouth because that would be gross. You slammed a fist onto your chest, trying to get the food out of your epiglottis.

Shinsou panicked. Oh, God, he was not expecting you to start choking, He roughly patted your back, hoping that you didn't die because he would probably go to jail.

And he would miss you, of course.

After an embarrassing fit of coughs (while Aina was calling Shinsou homophobic), you were able to swallow and you glared at Shinsou. "What if I died!?"

"I would've cried," he said, though his voice was hysterically flat. You couldn't help but laugh, and Shinsou realized just how hard it would be to ghost you. He just can't.

"[last name]-chan!" a voice behind you proclaimed. You craned your head around to see Kaminari Denki from 1-A. In his hands was a leaf of lined paper, clearly haphazardly torn out of a notebook. "I wrote you a poem while I was in English."

"Oh, God, Kaminari-san." Why is he doing this to you (in front of your entire class, too!). Your face heated up. Does he want to embarrass you?? "Please don't," you begged.

The boy ignored your pleas and got down on one knee, like he was about to propose. He clutched a hand to his heart. and cleared his throat with a dramatic series of fake coughs. Kaminari seductively batted his eyelashes at you, and began to recite the poem in a dramatically Shakespearean manner:

"[last name]-chan, you are super cool; [last name]-chan, when I see you, I drool. Your beautiful black eyes are striking, and to you I have taken a liking! You seem like you could beat me blue, but that's the sorta stuff I'm into. I think you are very fast. Very long, my eternal love for you will last. You are like the moon, and I, the tide! I will always gravitate to your side. I think we could work if you gave me a chance, uh, I was in love with you at first glance! Uh, um, [last name]-chan, I wanna hang out with you, so please go to the mall with me!"

You physically recoiled in disgust and plain embarrassment. Does Kaminari not have an embarrassed bone in him? What's with that line about him being a masochist?? And that last line didn't even rhyme! Cornball.

Kaminari bashfully smiled at your silence. "So?"

You deadpanned. Shinsou snorted while Aina had recorded the entire scene and broke out into a cackle she couldn't hold back. The rest of your classmates were either dumbfounded, had secondhand embarrassment, or were laughing their asses off. The ordeal had piqued the attention of nearby tables who had about the same reactions.

Monoma grunted in exasperation in his seat between Honenuki and Kuroiro. "Ugh, those 1-A fiends are preying on her!"

Honenuki, who had been banging the table with his fist out of sheer amusement, laughed even harder. "Please, that kid doesn't have a chance, Monoma!"

"I can't watch this any longer!" Monoma sighed as he stood up, slamming his palms on the table.

"Eh, aren't ya gonna stop him, Itsuka-chan?" Setsuna asked between laughs.

Kendou grimaced, "No, he deserves it..."

"Huh?" Tsunotori Pony questioned, glancing around her classmates.

Sero then walked up to Kaminari and put a sad hand on his drooping shoulder. "What did I tell you, dude, she doesn't want you, lil bro." He tried to pull the boy away before he could embarrass himself further.

"Jirou-chan said it was a good idea though!"

"She set you up." Sero then turned to you, an apologetic expression on his face. "Sorry, [last name]," he said with a grin.

"AGH, SHE ALWAYS SETS ME UP! But you liked it, didn't you, [last name]-chan?"

You stood up from your seat, and Kaminari was reminded of the extremely noticeable height difference between you two. It was even more drastic with him on one knee. He quickly scrambled up, but you were still way taller than him. 'Scary!' he thought. A bead of nervous sweat ran down his tanned cheek. Oh, wow, did you get even taller?

"Please don't do that ever again, Kaminari." And you just walked away. Izuku tried to meet your eyes, but you kept your eyes forward. He frowned. As soon as you got into the empty hallway you keeled over cackling, tears streaming from your eyes.

Sadly, you missed Monoma, Shinsou, and Aina teaming up to make fun of 1-A.

Aina stretched her hand towards the Class A boy, her pointer fingernail growing alarmingly and dully poking the boy's forehead. "That shit was ass, babe."

...

a little drawing for y guys hehe dont mind yanagi shes a cutie patootie

...

wc - 6,682 words

BOOOOOOM OMFG IM SO HAPPY FANART!!!!! and that poem took me too fuckijsnf long to think of olakmfoa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

550K 27.1K 35
"Suck my dick, Bedhead." U.A. High, Japan's most prestigious school for the next generation's top aspiring heroes. It's a place to forge new friendsh...
224K 5.1K 65
(*WARNING*: contains foul language, mature content I guess, and also cringe) (Y/n) (L/n) has a non average life with a rare confusing bunch of Quirks...
2.5M 117K 76
❝I'M ALWAYS TIRED, BUT NEVER OF YOU.❞ [various x reader] a lazy girl with a few missing brain cells is on the path to becom...
13.9K 492 17
ᴵᶻᵘᵏᵘ ᴹⁱᵈᵒʳⁱʸᵃˣ ᶠ! ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ ╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ╰┈➤ ❝ If your dreams don't scare you there too small. ❞ ♡˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚🍒:; ↳ ❝ ¡ Stop moving ya head ! ❞ ╔═══...