๐‘๐„๐‹๐„๐•๐„ฬ โ”€ ๐ซ๐จ๐›๐›๐ฒ ๐ค...

By gabbyssworld

๐‘๐„๐‹๐„๐•๐„ฬ- ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ง๐™ž๐™จ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™š๐™จ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™—๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™™๐™–๐™ฃ๏ฟฝ... More

๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐ง๐ž
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง

๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ž๐ง

179 10 0
By gabbyssworld

IT WAS SAFE TO SAY THAT PRESSURE BRED FRUSTRATION.

"Pull up!" Madame LeBlanc words were paired with thunderous claps that echoed through the studio. "Up, up! Come on, five more!" She tucked her striking blonde hair behind her ear in irritation.

The speaker that played a recording of fierce violins ceased its playing. All the dancer's attention became fixed on LeBlanc. Marissa finished through her turns and swiped her sweat soaked hair from her forehead. She rested her hands at her hips, gripping through the fabric of her leotard for dear life.

Madame LeBlanc was never the kind of teacher who got angry at her students. She was just so passionate about the art. She wanted her students to dance with vigor and excitement, so when they didn't, she became very inimical.

"The performance is in two months. It's the biggest production this company has ever seen and, with who I believe to be the best dancers this company has ever seen." She crossed her arms and looked at the room full of teenagers tersely. "I don't understand why you guys are fumbling through steps that the class beneath can execute perfectly. Step it up because if things continue like this, there will be no show."

Her eyes tracked the students in the room, checking for attentiveness and understanding. "Gather for dismissal." The students spread themselves evenly into three lines of five and performed a short variation for LeBlanc. When class was finally over, everyone thanked LeBlanc with applause and rushed from the room in a hurry to leave.

Everyone aside from Marissa.

"Don't you have to be at work soon?" Madame LeBlanc looked down at her watch then back up at the girl.

"I got someone to cover my shift. I think I'm going to stay and practice some more," Marissa answered with a shrug of her shoulders. "I'm not gaining enough momentum in my turns."

Madame LeBlanc sighed and moved her purse from her hand to her shoulder. "Momentum isn't your problem, Marissa."

That grabbed the young girl's attention. "It's not?" LeBlanc shook her head. "Then it's something else because you and I both know that you were talking about me at the end of class today."

"I can't ever get anything past you, can I?" She placed her hand on Marissa's shoulder. "The problem is something that can only be fixed when you admit what you're afraid of."

"I'm not afraid of anything. I've danced in front of people before. I'm not scared of that."

Madame LeBlanc turned and started for the door. "Lock up when you leave. There's a spare key on my desk," she called over her shoulder before disappearing beyond the door.

Marissa stood in the empty studio with her eyes trained solely on the door, and her mind racing for the answer to the question she had been asking herself a lot recently: What am I so afraid of?

***

Production practice ended about an hour ago and Marissa was still sweating it out in front of the studio mirror.

She found herself ready to throw in the towel multiple times. She thought maybe she wasn't cut out for the role; that she should have taken advantage of every opportunity to practice.

If she hadn't have been so distracted by her father and his less than opportune arrival, maybe she wouldn't be as unfocused as she was.

Marissa pulled herself away from her thoughts and was going to restart the music when she heard the studio door close. "One more hour, Frankie. I promise," she called without looking over her shoulder.

"I'm not Frankie."

Marissa stiffened unintentionally. She placed the remote on top of the speaker and spun to face the door. Wiping away some sweat from her forehead she played with her hands. "How'd you get in here?"

"The janitor. Frankie, I'm guessing, is his name?"

"Yeah," she muttered. "What are you doing here?"

"You said you would call me back a couple days ago and, I still haven't heard from you." He removed his hands from his pockets and folded them across his chest. "I was worried about you."

Marissa was trying to forget her breakdown on the phone the other day. "I forgot. I'm sorry." He didn't say anything for a while. The two teenagers just stood watching each other from several feet away.

Before she knew it, he made his way over to her and pulled her into a hug. Marissa let her hands hang at her sides for a beat. She felt her eyes flutter close, reveling in the warmth and comfort of his arms around her body; cradling her like she could slip through his fingers.

Her arms wrapped around his shoulders and breathed him in, returning the affection. "Thank you, Robby." Her words felt heavy and full of meaning. Too heavy and too full of meaning, so she pulled back. "I'm okay."

"Are you saying that because it's true or because you think it's what I want to hear?" Robby let his hands fall from her waist as he looked intently at the girl in front of him.

"Both," she answered honestly with a budding smile. "I got the part."

Robby matched her enthusiasm, "Marissa, that's great. When did you find out?"

"Yesterday. After this last week, I really needed some good news."

"You know what has to happen, right?" A mischievous grin coated the boy's face. He pulled his phone from his pocket and walked over to the speaker.

Marissa caught on and began to back away. "Robby, no," she said shaking her head. "We haven't tried it in four months."

"Great. We're long overdue for some practice." Robby walked over to Marissa's phone which was connected to the aux cord. Madame LeBlanc didn't believe in Bluetooth. She barely knew how to use wireless headphones. She decided nothing was wrong with good old, brick and motor, electricity.

Cords worked just fine with her.

"I have a show coming up. If I get injured at your hands, Madame LeBlanc will kill you."

"Come on, Mari. Live a little." He took off his jean jacket leaving him in a maroon tee-shirt that was fitted. Marissa knew he was training and was bound to put on some muscle, but this wasn't what she was expecting.  He had gone from the rough-looking thief she once knew to the sculpted, refined boy standing in front of her.

Marissa couldn't help but stare. Not at his muscles; at least not intentionally. She just looked at him like the minute her eyes left his the world would crumble. Like her eyes were meant to see his.

"Mari?" He paused the music before it even began.

Marissa blinked quickly and smiled. "Sure, what the hell?" She pulled her ponytail, letting her hair cascade down and frame her face. "Let's put your middle name to good use."

Robby smirked and resumed their song. I've Had The Time Of My Life was the back for the trick Robby and Marissa had been trying to land for the longest. When Robby learned Dirty Dancing was Marissa's favorite movie and when she learned his middle name, it only seemed fitting they try it.

Turns out, it was as hard as it seemed in the film.

"Maybe you should stretch?" Robby laughed at the notion. "I'm serious. You could cramp up while I'm in the air and you'll drop me and then I'll break something and then Madame LeBlanc will kill you. Do you want Madame LeBlanc to kill you?"

"If it'll make you feel better." Robby's version of stretching consisted of two minutes of arm circles  and crossing his arms over his chest. "Satisfied."

"Sure," she said sarcastically.

Robby rolled his shoulders and planted his feet. They weren't completely sure of the logistics, but they knew that some skill and strength was required. They also knew the person being lifted had to be equally as strong as the lifter, and flexible enough to hold their stable position.

She was positive that Robby wouldn't drop her on purpose. She trusted him and that was the main ingredient in any lift. If someone doesn't trust their partner then they can't expect for it to work.

"You trust me?" Robby asked readying himself.

Marissa nodded, "I trust you."

The studio was long enough for the two of them to be as far as they needed to be. They walked back to their respective sides of the room. She placed her palms against the wall and took a deep breath.

She braced herself and started her run toward him. When she realized she was close enough to his eyes but far enough to not see the color, she popped into the air. Robby's hands immediately went to catch her waist and help her into the air.

His hands connected too soon and Marissa slipped. She came crashing down but was surprised when she never felt the floor beneath her. Instead, her hands collided with a solid chest and when she looked down she saw Robby's face just beneath hers.

Nearly all of her weight rested on the upper half of his body and their legs were hopelessly entangled. They looked at each other in shock before Marissa let out a small laugh. It got bigger and became louder when Robby joined in.

His hands, which were instinctively still on her waist, tightened around her as laughter racked his body. Marissa inhaled sharply when she felt it. Their laughter ceased and the remnants floated around them. There was something intense in the air the existed around them. The intent in their eyes fueled the confusion and unpredictable feelings brewing in the back of their minds.

"Sorry," Robby said but Marissa wasn't sure which act he was apologizing for.

So, she just said, "It's okay."

With words spoken and unspoken hanging around them, all they could do was watch each other. Minutes could have passed before either of them heard his phone ring.

Marissa pulled herself off him and stood, walking to pause the music on her phone while Robby answered his. She pretended to be lost in the mountain of messages her mother had sent. She pretended like her entire body was turning against from a mere flicker of his touch.  

"I should probably get going. I've been gone all day." She breathed deeply before turning around. "Thanks for..."

She didn't even know what to thank him for, "Thanks."

Robby fiddled with his phone and displayed an almost confused expression. Neither of them knew much of what transpired between them or what it meant. "No problem. I have to get going too."

"You have a curfew at the LaRusso's?"

"Not exactly. I have a date, actually." The words sounded strained as they came out.

Marissa looked down briefly, "With Sam?" He nodded. "That's great," she said through a smile albeit small. "Where are you guys going?"

Robby seemed a bit taken aback by the girls nonchalant attitude. "The roller rink."

That grabbed her attention. "The one with all the different themes?"

"Yeah. Tonight is 80's night, why?"

Marissa smirked to herself. She knew exactly where Robby and Sam were going because it's exactly where Miguel and Tory would be. It wouldn't be her fault if they ran into each other.

They would just have to resolve their differences in order to have a good time. Marissa didn't see it happening, but she was slowly losing her problem-solving capabilities when it came to other people.

How was she going to help others avoid their problems when she couldn't even admit to her own?

"I just know some people there." She unplugged her phone and walked over to her bag in the corner. "Have fun."

"Really?"

"What am I supposed to say? Fall and crack your head open?" She pulled her jogging pants over her ballet skirt and leotard and zipped up her hoddie. "Seriously, have fun."

"Okay...thanks."

"Come on, I have to lock up."

As they were leaving Marissa was dreading her return home. There was a lot to be said of her father's return. A lot she was choosing to avoid.

But, if there was one thing Johnny taught her, it was that people who don't face their problems head on are cowards. Those who choose to let others fight their battles.

Marissa's relationship with her father was everything to her when she was younger which is why she held onto to hope for so long.

Maybe it wasn't time to let go, but time to face the prospect of it.

gabbys note. it's been a while but I'd like to think this chapter makes up for it

Finally some robby and marissa content (leave ship name suggestions in comments:)

i really liked the dirty dancing idea ever since the show revealed robby's middle name was swayze and i think it's cute because of marissa's dance background

The first photo of S6 dropped yesterday!!!!

so excited!

please don't be a ghost reader!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 1.2K 23
- What if ๐˜ˆlexandria can never love another again? แตแตƒสณแถœแต˜หข แต‡แตƒแตแต‰สณ ๐˜ˆlexandria ๐˜‹iaz always had an undeniable lov...
1.1M 48.8K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
230K 10.1K 39
๐™„๐™จ๐™๐™ฆ ๐™ ๐™ค ๐™–๐™œ๐™–๐™ง ๐™›๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™ž ๐˜ฟ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ค ๐™ข๐™š ๐™–๐™–๐™Ÿ ๐™—๐™๐™ž ๐™—๐™–๐™ง๐™ฆ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™–๐™–๐™ฉ๐™๐™ค ๐™ข๐™š ๐™ก๐™š๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™– ๐™๐™–๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ ๐˜พ๐™๏ฟฝ...
2.3K 63 7
Seniors Wally Clark and Alice Cherry ruled the school in 84' Until on the night of the homecoming game when their lives would be forever changed. Sta...