๐‹๐€๐๐Ž๐‘ - ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‡๐”๐๐†๏ฟฝ...

By kibajvng

โœง๐‹๐€๐๐Ž๐‘โœง โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐๐จ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐ฅ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ... ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ ๏ฟฝ... More

Prologue
one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight

three

475 36 4
By kibajvng

Alistair stepped into the launch tube wearing the arena outfit. His plate rose into open air - a tropical island arena surrounded by azure waters.

The other tribute plates clicked into place as a voice boomed - "Let the 75th Hunger Games begin!"

Alistair steadied his nerves with a breath. Back in the Games. The stuff of his nightmares.

"May the odds be ever in your favor," the announcer said. Such false well-wishes never applied here.

The countdown commenced. Alistair tensed, ready to sprint. He needed to get to land, and locate Katniss and Johanna. Fight for survival again.

Finally reaching one, the voice shouted "ONE!" 

At one, Alistair dove off his plate into the water, paddling swiftly toward land. His goal - secure a weapon from the Cornucopia before some of the deadlier tributes.

Dragging himself ashore, Alistair sprinted to the golden horn and snatched up a bow with a sheath of arrows along with throwing knives.

Turning swiftly knife poised to attack, he found himself facing Gloss. She froze and raised her hands in a cautious truce. Alistair hesitated, then tilted his head for her to move on.

Gloss nodded gratefully before whipping her own knife past Alistair. He spun to see the District 5 male collapse to the ground, her knife in his chest. An intentional miss - she had spared him.

Not waiting around, Alistair took off running. He needed to locate Johanna and Katniss. Taking the treeline, Alistair sensed danger and dropped just as a knife whistled past where his head had been.

Alistair deftly avoided another knife swung at him from the water. Loading his bow, he turned to find Finnick approaching, trident aimed warily.

Alistair's eyes narrowed. "You trying to kill me?"

"Why would I kill you?" Finnick countered, scanning their surroundings.

Alistair kept his arrow aimed warily at Finnick. "Maybe because you keep throwing knives at my head?"

Finnick frowned, glancing around for the assailant. "That wasn't me. I just got here." His posture seemed genuine.

Their standoff was interrupted by another knife slicing between them. Both jumped back.

"We need to move, figure this out later," Finnick said. "Where are Katniss and Johanna?"

Alistair hesitated before gesturing north. "Saw smoke through the trees that way. A signal."

Finnick nodded. "Mags is waiting there too. Come on then, ally. Safest to stick together for now. But stay sharp!"

Finnick took off running, Alistair following cautiously. 

A prickle on the back of Alistair's neck made him spin and loose an arrow without hesitating. It pierced directly into the chest of the District 8 female, knives glinting in her hands. She stared at them in shock before crumpling.

Finnick let out an impressed whistle as he eyed the fallen attacker. "Nice shot. How did you know she was there?"

Alistair tapped his temple grimly. "Useful trick I picked up."

He yanked his arrow from the girl's body. "We need to keep moving. We don't know where her allies ar-"

He was cut off as Finnick suddenly grabbed his wrist in an iron-grip, hauling him forward. "Less talking, more running! Come on!"

They sprinted through trees and tangled vines, the sounds of battle and agony fading behind them. After a tense minute, Finnick slowed. "They should be just ahead."

He cautiously released Alistair's arm but gestured insistently forward. "Let's get there in one piece, shall we?"

Alistair spun toward approaching footsteps, drawing his bow. But he lowered it slightly as Katniss and Peeta emerged with Mags in tow.

"Have you seen Johanna?" he asked sharply. They shook their heads.

"She took off when she got her axe," Peeta explained, winded.

Finnick hurried over to check on Mags while Alistair nodded, concerned for Johanna but knowing they had to keep moving. 

The five allies retreated deeper into the humid jungle, hoping to evade pursuers.

Eventually Finnick stopped to let Mags rest. Alistair watched her with quiet sympathy - no one deserved this fate, least of all an elderly, kind victor.

Peeta wiped sweat from his brow. "We need to find fresh water."

Just then, three cannons fired ominously.

After the cannons fired, Finnick callously commented "Music to my ears."

Katniss whipped around, incensed. "You think this is funny?"

Finnick met her glare steadily. "I don't care about any of them."

Pulling out her machete, Katniss took a threatening step toward him. "Good to know."

Finnick didn't flinch. "You want to face the Careers alone? What would Haymitch say?"

"Haymitch isn't here," she snarled.

A tense beat passed. Alistair and Peeta exchanged an uneasy look, unsure whether to intervene. 

Finally Peeta cautiously ventured "Let's just keep moving."

He started off, followed swiftly by Alistair. Katniss held Finnick's gaze a moment longer in cold warning before she reluctantly stalked after them.

The group ventured deeper into the humid jungle, Peeta slashing vines to clear a path. Finnick followed with Mags on his back. Katniss and Alistair brought up the rear, surveying their surroundings warily.

Without warning, Peeta slammed backwards as if punched. He collided into Katniss and Alistair, all three crumbling to the jungle floor.

"Peeta's not breathing!" Katniss cried frantically.

Finnick rushed over, shoving her aside to start CPR compressions on Peeta's motionless chest. Confused, Katniss drew back her bow but Alistair swiftly grabbed her arm and shook his head - Finnick was trying to save Peeta's life.

After agonizing minutes with no response, Finnick slumped back exhausted. Immediately Alistair took over, pinching Peeta's nose and sealing his mouth to breathe air into the boy's lungs between chest pumps.

The alliance watched anxiously, fearing it was too late. Finally Peeta jolted and coughed weakly. Alistair sat back with relief as the others scrambled to Peeta's side.

Peeta's eyes fluttered open and he gasped weakly at the gathered faces around him. "Thank you," he rasped to Finnick and Alistair. They each gave him a small nod in return.

Katniss and Finnick scanned the jungle for signs of their hidden attacker. But nothing stirred. Alistair reached for his bow, senses on high alert. Whatever force had struck Peeta remained unseen, slipping back under the dense foliage.

"Think you can move?" Finnick asked Peeta. "We can't stay out in the open like this." He helped Peeta slowly to his feet.

----

The group searched for water through the dense jungle until Katniss suddenly stopped. "Hang on," she said, slinging her bow over her shoulder. She clambered swiftly up a nearby tree.

The others exchanged confused glances as they waited on the ground. When Katniss descended back down empty-handed, she explained, "There's a dome force field around the whole arena. We must be at the perimeter now. And no signs of fresh water." She sighed frustratedly.

"We should set up camp here while there's still light," Finnick directed. "Take turns keeping watch. I can go first."

Katniss eyed him distrustfully. "Not a chance."

Finnick met her gaze steadily. "Honey, that thing I did back there for Peeta that's called saving his life. If I wanna kill either of you I would've done it by now." He hefted his trident and strode off to stand guard.

Katniss scrunched her brow, clearly wrestling with her doubts about Finnick. Alistair watched her carefully. Finnick had a point - he'd had ample opportunity to betray them but hadn't. 

With a weary sigh, "Why don't you get some rest? I'll take the first watch,"Katniss suggested to Peeta.

 "Just for a little bit," he mumbled before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.

Alistair watched as Katniss moved up to sit against a tree to keep watch, her face etched with worry and determination. 

His attention then shifted to Finnick who was gently helping Mags up a small hill. Alistair couldn't help but admire Finnick's compassion, a stark contrast to the harsh realities of their situation.

As Alistair turned to his side, feeling eyes on him, he met Peeta's gaze. "What?" Alistair asked, his voice barely a whisper.

Peeta shook his head. "Nothing. Just you don't talk much."

Alistair remained silent for a moment, "I don't like wasting my energy, especially when I'm dehydrated," he finally replied, his voice barely audible.

Peeta nodded thoughtfully. "I guess none of us feel much like talking. Except Finnick." He grinned wryly.

Alistair let out a quiet huff of amusement. "His chatter helps keep the tone light, I suppose."

"You really don't trust anyone here, do you?" Peeta asked, studying him.

Looking upward where Finnick was tending to Mags, Alistair was silent for a moment before replying softly. "The games teach you friends make weaknesses. And weakness gets you killed."

Peeta held his gaze sadly. "It doesn't have to be that way."

Alistair glanced over to where Katniss kept vigilant watch. "Maybe not. But trust is a luxury we likely can't afford for long."

He leaned back, closing his eyes. Peeta looked down with a small sigh before shutting his own eyes to rest. An uneasy alliance for now - but a brittle one. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295 2 6
โ›you have to learn how to play the games before you go in. it's a show to them, so give them a showโœ ๐–บ ๐—๐—‹๐—‚๐–ป๐—Ž๐—๐–พ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐Ÿจ9๐—๐— ๐—๐—Ž๐—‡๐—€๐–พ...
1.8K 45 29
๐‘ถ๐’๐’† ๐’š๐’†๐’‚๐’“ ๐’‚๐’‡๐’•๐’†๐’“ ๐‘ฒ๐’‚๐’•๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ท๐’†๐’†๐’•๐’‚'๐’” ๐‘น๐’†๐’‚๐’‘๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ, ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ช๐’‚๐’‘๐’Š๐’•๐’๐’ ๐’Š๐’” ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’…๐’š ๐’•๐’ ๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’Ž๐’‘ ๐’๐’–๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’”...
916 21 14
โ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พใ€€แดฎแต’แต’แต ยน โฑโฟ แต€สฐแต‰ หขแต–แตƒสณแต หขแต‰สณโฑแต‰หข โ˜ฝเผ“๏ฝฅ*หšโบโ€งอ™ (๐Ÿ”ฅ) "๐–จ ๐—๐–บ๐—Œ 12. ๐–ญ๐—ˆ๐—, ๐–จ'๐—† 21, ๐– ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–จ ๐—Œ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐—๐–บ๐—„๐–พ ๐—Ž๐—‰ ๐—Œ๐–ผ๐—‹๐–พ๐–บ๐—†๐—‚๐—‡๐—€, ๐–ฟ๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—† ๐—...
95.6K 4K 25
๐Ÿน๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŒพโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€๐™ท๐™ถ! โ”Šอ™ ใƒป... หห‹ ห–*ยฐเฟ ๐‹๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐Ž๐ซ ๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก โŒ—โŒ— หš เผ˜โ™ก ยทหš โ‚Šหšห‘เผ„ุ˜ ๐ˆ๐Œ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” (๐˜บ/๐˜ฏ) ๐˜‰๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ...