𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐑 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐆īŋŊ...

kibajvng

✧𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐑✧ ❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 đĻ𝐚𝐤𝐞 đĻ𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐨𝐨 đĻ𝐮𝐜𝐡 đĨ𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮đĢ... đĨđĸđ¯đž 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐡đĸđĻ īŋŊ... ЕŅ‰Đĩ

Prologue
one
three
four
five
six
seven
eight

two

568 41 2
kibajvng

Alistair was lost in thought when Johanna barged into his room.

"What's got you looking so serious?" she asked, plopping down on his bed.

"An alliance between 7, 12, and 3," Alistair said.

Johanna let out an amused laugh. "An alliance with the star-crossed lovers? How adorable."

Alistair gave her a look. "It's a logical strategy. Combined we could control the Games."

Johanna turned thoughtful. "Having the girl on fire on our side could be useful. And those tech geeks may have skills we lack."

Johanna raised an eyebrow, sprawling out on the bed. "An alliance with the star-crossed lovers? How romantic."

Alistair shot her a look. "It's not about romance. It's strategy."

"Uh huh. And let me guess, it was Katniss's idea?" Johanna asked knowingly.

"Yes, her proposal makes sense logically," Alistair said. "With both our districts, we could control the game."

Johanna nodded thoughtfully. "Allying with her beloved and those tech nerds could work to our advantage. Lull them into trusting us before we strike."

Alistair frowned. "I was thinking more of a sincere team effort."

"Please, you know there can only be one victor," Johanna scoffed. "Get too attached and you're asking for a knife in the back."

She eyed Alistair closely. "Or is this about your hatred of Snow? Don't tell me you're going rogue."

Alistair held her gaze. "I plan to undermine the games, one way or another. Are you with me or not?"

Johanna slowly grinned. "Now you're speaking my language."

------ 

Alistair and Johanna sat in tense silence awaiting their individual assessments. Behind them, Finnick leaned over to tap Alistair's shoulder.

"Nervous?" he asked with his usual smug grin.

Alistair barely suppressed an eye roll. "Do you ever stop talking?"

"I just find you so pleasant to chat with," Finnick quipped.

"Well that makes one of us," Alistair said flatly, turning away dismissively.

Finnick grabbed his arm. In a flash, Alistair had a knife to his throat.

"I'd think carefully before touching me again," he said softly, cold eyes boring into Finnick's.

Finnick looked momentarily stunned as the knife pressed to his throat. But then he smiled and swiftly slipped a golden bracelet onto Alistair's wrist.

"Alliance formed by Haymitch," he explained, admiring the bracelet. "You shouldn't threaten your friends like that."

Finnick gently pushed the knife away. Alistair stared at him coldly. "We're not friends."

"For now," Finnick replied breezily. He handed Alistair a second bracelet. "For Johanna."

Finally, Finnick turned back around. Alistair slid the knife away and faced Johanna, who was smirking.

"Don't," Alistair warned flatly, passing her the bracelet.

----

"District 7, Alistair Arrow, report for individual assessment," came the announcement.

Alistair rose, sharing a nod with Johanna.

"Good luck," Finnick offered. Alistair ignored him as always.

Entering the assessment room, Alistair's eyes narrowed at the Gamemakers on their platform, overindulging as they prepared to send kids to slaughter.

"Show us your best," Plutarch instructed.

Alistair moved to the archery station, noting the specialty arrows provided. Glancing up, he caught a shimmer - they had a protective shield.

Alistair's gaze landed on a copper-tipped arrow. A smirk tugged his lips. He raised the bow, aiming at the target. At the last moment, he pivoted, releasing the arrow directly at Plutarch instead.

The arrow sparked against the shield but still sliced Plutarch's cheek before clattering to the floor. The Gamemakers stared in stunned silence.

Alistair glared up at them. "My pleasure," he said mockingly with a bow before sauntering out.

The act of defiance felt good. Let them ponder the message behind that copper arrow.

----

"You became everyone's brother and sister. I don't know how we'll let you go," Caesar said to the District 1 tributes.

"You're our family. No one can love us more," they replied through fake tears.

"So sweet. Are you alright, dear?" Caesar asked Cashmere who kept sobbing.

"I'm sorry, I just can't stop crying," she choked out.

Alistair resisted rolling his eyes, seeing through the dramatic performance.

He tuned out the interviews until District 3.

"We'll miss your brain more than you," Caesar joked to Beetee.

"The Quarter Quell was created by man. It can be undone," Beetee hinted subtly.

The pieces clicked for Alistair. The victors were spinning tear-jerking narratives to undermine the Games, laying the groundwork for the public to question the Quell's validity.

As Finnick strode by, he whispered "Wish me luck" with his usual smirk. Alistair looked away dismissively.

The Capitol audience cheered wildly for Finnick. Caesar said, "I believe you have a message for a special someone out there?"

"My love, you have my heart for all eternity," Finnick proclaimed. "If I die in that arena, my last thought will be your lips."

Alistair scoffed under his breath. As Finnick passed back by, Alistair muttered sarcastically, "With a bit of luck, you might just get your wish."

Finnick just winked before moving to stand in his place..

Next was Johanna. As she headed onstage, Alistair called out "Try not to make anyone cry too much, Mason."

Johanna flipped him off without looking back. Despite himself, Alistair felt vaguely amused by her audacity.

"Johanna, you seem angry - tell us why," Caesar prompted.

"Of course I'm angry," Johanna snapped. "I'm getting totally screwed here. The deal was I won so I got to live in peace. But now you want to kill me again. Well, fuck that, and fuck anybody involved!"

She glared at the stunned crowd. Caesar adjusted his collar. "Yes, well...one woman's opinion. Who's next?"

As Johanna stormed off in a rage, Alistair passed her muttering "Subtle as always, Mason."

Johanna shoved his shoulder, eyes still blazing from her outburst. The corners of Alistair's mouth twitched in a fleeting smile.

He smoothed his expression as he joined Caesar onstage, preparing himself. This was his turn to shape perceptions in his own guarded way.

"And now...The Star of District Seven himself - Alistair Arrow!" Caesar announced dramatically.

The crowd went wild chanting his nickname. But to Alistair they sounded like bloodthirsty mutts, clamoring for him to die spectacularly. 

Caesar greeted Alistair eagerly. "The Star returns! Tell us, how does it feel being the Capitol's most celebrated victor?"

Alistair conjured his most charismatic smile. "It's an honor, Caesar. These people made me a star. I owe it all to them."

The audience ate up his words. Caesar pressed, "And any special someone waiting back home?"

At that, Alistair let his smile fade, eyes growing distant. "I'm afraid my family's cruel fate made me incapable of love."

Sympathetic sounds rose from the rapt crowd. Alistair continued solemnly, "With them gone, I sealed off my heart. The Games stain you...make you unloveable."

Tears shone in many eyes. Caesar clasped Alistair's shoulder in moved support.

"If I may die again in that arena, I only regret never having found someone to live for," Alistair finished softly.

As he exited, the applause and weeping signaled his triumph. By weaponizing their empathy, he had ensured the Capitol viewers would never look at the Games the same way again. 

"Our victor last year - Katniss Everdeen!" Caesar announced excitedly. "Doesn't she look fabulous?"

The crowd cheered wildly. Caesar beamed at Katniss. "Now, this is a very emotional night, yes?"

"Don't go crying, Caesar," Katniss replied wryly.

Caesar laughed. "No promises! Now, I think we're all disappointed a certain wedding did not happen, no? But - this is the dress you would have worn? Yes or no?"

Katniss nodded once. "President Snow thought everyone should see it."

"He was right as usual! Please, honor us with a twirl."

Katniss stepped out and spun, her white gown transforming to black with fiery wing-like sleeves. The mockingjay dress.

Caesar gasped theatrically. "Why, it's like a bird! Like a...a..."

"A mockingjay," Katniss finished calmly.

"A mockingjay!" Caesar echoed enthusiastically, though his surprise seemed forced.

Katniss gazed steadily into the stunned crowd, her bold transformation sinking in. 

Alistair watched her closely, realizing that she too was craftily playing off Caesar's promptings to send an underlying message - the girl on fire had turned rebel.

"But Peeta, the wedding, the marriage - never to be?" Caesar prompted dramatically.

"Well, we actually got married in secret," Peeta revealed.

Caesar feigned surprise. "A secret wedding? Do tell!"

"We wanted our love to be eternal," Peeta said. "I'd have no regrets at all if it weren't..." he trailed off, hesitating.

"If it weren't for what?" Caesar pushed eagerly.

Peeta took a breath. "If it weren't for the baby."

The crowd erupted into outraged chaos as Caesar gasped. "This is news! Let's all stay calm!"

But their distress boiled over, the people shouting for the games to be stopped, this crossed a line. 

Alistair observed it all keenly. Now the Capitol viewers had no choice but to question the morality of their traditions, the righteous anger would spread like wildfire. 

The spark was lit, the inferno to follow.

ПŅ€ĐžĐ´ĐžĐģĐļиŅ‚ŅŒ Ņ‡Ņ‚ĐĩĐŊиĐĩ

ВаĐŧ Ņ‚Đ°ĐēĐļĐĩ ĐŋĐžĐŊŅ€Đ°Đ˛Đ¸Ņ‚ŅŅ

25.6K 317 17
HER WORDS WERE AS SWEET AS CANDY if candy was laced with poison [Catching fire] [Finnick Odair x oc] started: 29.3.20 fini...
4.7K 111 17
- "You know i love games...i always win sweetheart." 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙃đ™Ēđ™Ŗ𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙂𝙖đ™ĸ𝙚𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙤đ™Ŗ𝙚 𝙖𝙙𝙖đ™Ĩ𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤đ™Ŗ! - đ™Ŧ𝙝𝙚đ™Ŗ đ˜ŧ𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙈𝙤īŋŊ...
74 2 14
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞đĢ 𝐠𝐚đĻ𝐞đŦ || 𝐚𝐮 đĸ𝐭 𝐰𝐚đŦ 𝐚đĨđĨ đŖ𝐮đŦ𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐚đĻ𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞đĢ. 𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐑 đĸđŦ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞đĢ...
3.1M 97.5K 62
ˏˋ°â€ĸ*⁀➷ 𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐒 # 🌊🐚⚔ī¸ -', āŧ„ âĒ đ™ĩ𝙸đ™Ŋđ™Ŋ𝙸𝙲đ™ē 𝙾đ™ŗ𝙰𝙸𝚁 âĢ īšŒīšŒīšŒīšŒīšŒīšŒīšŒīšŒīšŒīšŒīšŒīšŒīšŒīšŒīšŒ đ—ļđ—ģ 𝘄đ—ĩđ—ļ𝗰đ—ĩ ━ a former district four victor is t...