๐‹๐€๐๐Ž๐‘ - ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‡๐”๐๐†๏ฟฝ...

By kibajvng

โœง๐‹๐€๐๐Ž๐‘โœง โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐๐จ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐ฅ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ... ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ ๏ฟฝ... More

Prologue
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight

one

659 36 0
By kibajvng

Haymitch paced in front of Katniss and Peeta, his expression serious. "Forget what you think you know about the Games," he said. "This year you're up against experienced killers."

Peeta looked concerned. "What does that mean for us?"

"It means you need allies," Haymitch stated bluntly. "Most of these tributes have years of friendship between them. You're at a disadvantage and high on their kill list."

Katniss crossed her arms defiantly. "No. Allies will just slow us down."

Haymitch turned to her. "Going it alone is suicide. They'll target you immediately."

Peeta tried to reason with her. "He's right Katniss. We need help to survive."

But Katniss remained stubborn. "How can we trust any of them?"

Haymitch's tone hardened. "It's not about trust. It's about strategy and staying alive. I know these people. Make allies your own way, but do it."

Haymitch turned on the screen, profiles of the tributes appearing. "Cashmere and Gloss, siblings from 1. Capitol favorites who won consecutive Games. Lethal and well-sponsored."

He clicked again. "Brutus and Enobaria - the savage faces of the Career pack. Watch out for her fangs."

More faces flashed by as Haymitch briefed them. "Beetee and Wiress - intelligent but not killers. Morphlings - camouflage experts turned addicts. Not a threat."

Finnick Odair's handsome visage appeared. Katniss raised an eyebrow. "Capitol's golden boy and a skilled warrior," Haymitch described. "Especially deadly in water."

"Weaknesses?" Peeta asked.

"Mags. She volunteered for Annie, was Finnick's mentor. He'll protect her regardless."

Katniss scoffed, "He must know she can't win. I doubt he'll stick his neck out."

Haymitch gave her a look. "Careful. He's more loyal than he seems."

Haymitch clicked the screen again. "Now for District 7 - potential allies or lethal threats."

Johanna Mason and Alistair Arrow appeared. Johanna glared at the camera angrily while Alistair's expression was unreadable.

"Johanna won by feigning weakness then axing her competitors," Haymitch explained. "Alistair dominated with stealth and archery skills. Rumor is he's your male counterpart, Katniss."

Katniss raised an eyebrow. "And what do you believe?"

Haymitch pondered a moment. "I believe the games turn even good souls into killers. But Alistair may still have compassion underneath. He's not as cold-hearted as they claim."

"You seem convinced he's on our side," Katniss said skeptically.

"I can't guarantee anything. But if we get him as an ally, it improves our odds," Haymitch replied.

He switched off the screen. "My advice - keep both from 7 in mind. Johanna's viciousness could help or hurt us. And Alistair...let's just say it's better to have him with us than against us."

------

Alistair and Johanna stood by their chariot, ignoring their stylist's pleas to smile.

Johanna scoffed, "I'll smile when they're all dead."

Alistair smirked in agreement. Just then, Finnick Odair sauntered over. "That's the spirit!" he said charmingly, offering them a sugar cube.

Johanna and Alistair exchanged an unimpressed look. Finnick was undeterred. "Might as well enjoy some sweets before dying, right?"

Johanna walked away dismissively. Finnick popped the sugar cube in his mouth, unbothered.

"She wasn't the one I came to see anyway," he said, turning to Alistair.

"What do you want?" Alistair asked bluntly.

Finnick smirked. "They say you and Katniss are similar. But you're clearly meaner."

Alistair crossed his arms impatiently. "If you just came to waste my time-"

"I want you to ally with me," Finnick interjected. "Everyone sees District 7 as the biggest threat. Together we'd be unstoppable."

Alistair eyed him skeptically. "And why should I trust you?"

"You shouldn't," Finnick replied with a roguish grin. "But we can use each other to take the others out. Once it's just us two, may the best tribute win."

He held out his hand expectantly. Alistair considered it, then firmly pushed Finnick's hand away.

"I don't need you. I work alone."

With that, he walked off, leaving Finnick momentarily speechless. Alistair wouldn't be swayed by charming words or false promises. When it came to allies, he relied on no one but himself.

----

Alistair and Johanna stood stone-faced in their chariot as it rolled out to the adoring Capitol crowds. Neither cracked a smile for the cameras. What was there to celebrate about this twisted death pageant?

"STAR! STAR! STAR!" the people chanted when Alistair appeared. He hated that nickname they'd saddled him with, a symbol of their clueless obsession.

Alistair kept his eyes cold, his jaw set. Let them cheer, he thought bitterly. Their excitement just proved how bloodthirsty and inhuman they all were. If he had his way, he'd rain arrows down on every overdressed Capitol socialite here.

Beside him, Johanna glared venomously at the shrieking mob. Alistair knew she shared his disgust and fury. Two victors forced to parade for sheep ready to celebrate their deaths. It was revolting.

But Alistair wouldn't play the docile puppet this time. If he was reaped, he would go down tearing apart the whole sick game from within. Let them chant for their "Star" now - when he was through, the Capitol's precious system would burn.

----

Alistair and Johanna waited by the elevator, irritated by their stylist.

"Star, huh?" Johanna said wryly.

Alistair scoffed, "More like Scar. Once I'm done with them, it'll be all the Capitol has left to remember me by."

"Well, it's showtime," Johanna said as the elevator opened, revealing Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch.

They walked in. "Our stylist is useless," Johanna complained, removing her tree costume. "I'd love to put an axe in her empty head."

Turning to Peeta, she added, "So what's it like now that the whole world wants to sleep with you?"

Katniss looked indignant. "I don't think the whole world-"

"I wasn't talking to you," Johanna snapped before facing Peeta again. "Wanna unzip?"

Alistair watched them impassively, though inwardly he was amused by Johanna delighting in pushing their buttons. 

Peeta awkwardly unzipped Johanna's costume as she smirked at Katniss and Haymitch. It dropped to the floor, leaving her naked.

She shot a look at Alistair, who shook his head firmly. "Absolutely not." He had no intention of stripping down for their amusement.

When the elevator opened, Alistair strode out without a glance back.

"Bye, let's do it again!" Johanna called mockingly as she followed, still nude.

"Thank you, District 7," Haymitch muttered sarcastically.

Katniss glared after them indignantly while Peeta seemed unsure where to look.

Alistair hid a smirk as they walked away. Johanna never missed a chance to provoke. He wouldn't have participated in her ploy, but privately he admired her audacity and complete lack of shame. It was a quality they shared - refusing to bend to expectations.

Johanna caught his eye, grinning impishly. "What? You jealous you didn't join the show?"

Alistair just shook his head, amused despite himself. "Get dressed, Mason. We have training to do."

----

Alistair was observing the other tributes train when Katniss approached, two bows in hand.

"I hear we're practically twins," she said wryly, offering him a bow. "Let's see if it's true."

Alistair's eyebrow raised. "So they say. Though apparently I'm the meaner one."

Katniss smirked. "They clearly haven't met me."

Alistair took the bow, weighing it in his hand. "I don't put much stock in Capitol gossip. But I am curious to see your skills myself."

They sized each other up. Katniss' gaze was challenging. "Rumor is you're incredible with a bow. Care to prove it, Arrow?"

Alistair let out an amused huff. "Please. There's a reason for my surname."

"Talk is cheap," Katniss retorted. "Show me what you've got."

Alistair's eyes glinted competitively. "Gladly."

They turned to the targets and fired in sync, each hitting dead center. Katniss quirked an eyebrow, impressed.

"Not bad, Arrow. But can you do this?" She rapid-fired three arrows clustering in the heart of the target.

Alistair flexed his fingers. "Child's play." He drew and released just as quickly, his arrows splitting hers down the middle with a resounding crack.

Katniss let out an appreciative whistle. "I'll admit, you live up to the hype."

"As do you, Girl on Fire," Alistair said. "Perhaps we are kindred spirits with the bow."

Katniss smiled, a glint of competitiveness in her eyes. "How about best of 10 shots?"

Alistair returned a steely grin. "You're on."

As they took aim again, a newfound understanding seemed to form between the aloof archers. Here was someone who spoke the language of nock and arrow as fluently as they did. And that mutual respect was a start. 

After finishing their arrows, Katniss lowered her bow. "Let's call it a draw."

Alistair smirked. "Only because you were losing so badly."

"I was trying to spare your feelings when you cry yourself to sleep tonight," Katniss shot back wryly.

Alistair chuckled. "Wow, sore loser much?"

They turned to see the other tributes had stopped to watch them, looking impressed and intimidated.

"Well this was fun, but see you on the battlefield," Alistair said, moving to leave.

"Wait," Katniss interjected. "I have a proposal."

Alistair raised an eyebrow.

"An alliance between 12, 7, and 3," Katniss stated. "Beetee and Wiress are smart, not a threat."

Alistair looked skeptical. "You think I'm not a threat?"

"A calculated one. But we have a common enemy," Katniss replied meaningfully.

Alistair understood her implication. They both despised Snow.

"Think about it," Katniss said before walking off.

Alistair watched her thoughtfully. An intriguing offer that held certain advantages. And Katniss had proven herself someone he could respect. 

Maybe an alliance wasn't so bad after all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295 2 6
โ›you have to learn how to play the games before you go in. it's a show to them, so give them a showโœ ๐–บ ๐—๐—‹๐—‚๐–ป๐—Ž๐—๐–พ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐Ÿจ9๐—๐— ๐—๐—Ž๐—‡๐—€๐–พ...
3.1M 97.5K 62
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท ๐‘๐”๐ˆ๐๐’ # ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿšโš”๏ธ -', เผ„ โช ๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ฝ๐™ธ๐™ฒ๐™บ ๐™พ๐™ณ๐™ฐ๐™ธ๐š โซ ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต โ” a former district four victor is t...
509K 12.2K 22
โYou want me to babysit them for you?โž โA little bit of blood is the least of my worries.โž โI don't care how well I do, I don't care if I get hurt or...
74 2 14
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ ๐ ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ || ๐š๐ฎ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐š ๐ ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ. ๐’๐€๐‘๐€๐๐‡๐ˆ๐๐€ ๐Ž๐ƒ๐€๐ˆ๐‘ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ...