Crescent Bookclub [OPEN]

By tothecosmos_

Welcome to Crescent Book Club, where you get to share your stories and exchange feedbacks with other authors... More

Forms
Session 12 | June 1-15, 2024
Session 11 | May 16-31, 2024
Session 10 | May 1-15, 2024
Session 9 | April 16-30, 2024
Session 8 | April 1-15, 2024
Session 7 | Mar 16 - 31, 2024
Session 6 | Mar 1-15, 2024
Update & Task Reminder
Special Task | Feb 18 - 29, 2024
Session 5 | Feb 1-15, 2024
Session 4 | Jan 16-31, 2024
Session 3 | Jan 1-15, 2024
Session 2 | December 16-31
Session 1 | December 1-15

Guidelines/Rules

647 46 42
By tothecosmos_

How does it work?

* Each member will be partnered with another member and be required to read at least three (3) chapters of each other's story. Feel free to read more than that.

* Leave 3 quality comments that will add up to 35 words on each chapter.

* Reading sessions/task duration will be semi-monthly.
1st to 15th day of the month
16th to last day of the month

* Your partner will be changed once the story with fewer chapters has been completely read and the other has read the same number of chapters.

* To ensure that everyone who wants to join the book club is up for the reading responsibilities, new applicants will have to undergo a trial task where they have to read 3 chapters of a member's story before they will be officially accepted.

***

RULES

- Follow this account to avoid missing out on the task reminders. You'll get a follow back.

- Add this book to your private library and public reading list, so you will get notified when there's  a new update.

- Your stories must have at least 3 chapters to enter the book club.

- Each member is allowed to enter up to 2 books for as long as you are willing to do double the assignments.

- Only English stories will be accepted.

- Mature stories are allowed, but no smut books. Stories with minimal sexual scenes are acceptable.

- LGBTQ stories are welcome.

- All genres are accepted, except for random books and poetry. Short story anthologies are okay.

- You must be comfortable with reading mature and LGBTQ stories. While I try to pair you up based on your story genre and reading preference, I can't guarantee that you won't be reading a story that doesn't contain such themes.

- Constructive criticisms are encouraged, though not required. Readers' reactions are completely fine. Absolutely no personal attacks or hate comments will be tolerated. Password is your favorite color + any kind of flower, e.g. black rose.

- If you're going on a hiatus, let me know before the next book club session.

- Failure to finish your task before the deadline without informing me and providing a valid reason once will get you a warning. Failure to do it the second time will get you kicked out.

- Don't join the book club if you know you don't have enough time for the responsibilities.

- Don't be rude. Respect your partners, as well as the other book club members.

- Questions/Suggestions here --->

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 244 19
Would you love to step onto the center stage? Let's put the spotlight on you! Your stories should shine and be noticed so come join us. Show a littl...
Ice Cold By m

General Fiction

2.3M 85.6K 50
[boyxboy] Wren Ridley is always two steps ahead of everyone, or so he thinks. His life seems out of his control when he starts having feelings for so...
107K 855 13
Fancy writing some short fiction? This collection contains a series of prompts that can be used as a personal challenge, a way to compete with your f...
32.1K 1.3K 38
A book club where you get placed in weekly pairings to read four chapters of each other's story and leave extensive feedback!