EreMika : The Past That Follo...

De breshea_carter

Mikasa Ackerman, she's the new girl in town, due to a tragic experience, she's coming to a new city to live w... Mais

Present Day
New Beginnings
Mesmerized
Paranoia and Confessions
First Love
Drama and Reassurance
Understandings and Better Days
Euphoria and New Memories
Mishaps and Accidents
Getting Away
First Dates and Promises
Plans
New years and Newcomings
Figuring It Out
Revisting The Past
Love Day
Truthfulness

Good Times

65 1 0
De breshea_carter

Mikasa was purely exhausted, these people were simply made different. After a few hours at the fair, they all decided they wanted to eat out and now they're on their way back to Armin's to watch movies for the rest of the night.

She didn't know how she would survive with them at all. "Did you see how scared you were when it stopped at the very top?" Eren said reminiscing about their recent adventure getting stuck at the top of the Ferris wheel.

"Eren hush because you were squeezing my hand just as tight." Mikasa said with her arms crossed hearing Eren's laugh fill the car. "No admit it you were scared."

"I was, we were sitting at the very top of that damn wheel. Then you had to audacity to rock the cart a little bit." She said.

"Hey it made you sit closer to me, I'm not complaining." Eren said as Mikasa scoffed.

"Were you guys actually stuck?" Armin asked.

"No, they were letting someone else onto it. It has to stop for that." Eren said. "Mikasa here thought we'd met our doom."

"Yeah yeah keep rubbing it in." She said. "Don't worry Mika, you're cute when you're all scared and what not." Eren said as Mikasa blushed turning away looking out the window embarrassed.

"So what about you Armin, what did you go on?" Eren asked. "Only a few rides, I ended up going in the love tunnel with Annie of all people." He said blushing. "It wasn't supposed to happen."

"What? Isn't that good? A step closer!" Eren said.

"No! It's not good! Annie is dating Bertolt, the only reason he didn't go with her is because Reiner had pulled him to go on something else. Annie was curious about the love tunnel and pulled me to go with her. I didn't mind but I didn't want Bertolt or anyone to get the wrong idea."

"Well let's be honest, Bertolt isn't making Annie happy. I don't think i've seen her smile once when being with him, if anything they're always arguing or something."

"Yeah well that's their business, I have no right butting in because of my feelings." Armin said.

"Well Annie seems to not mind. I'm starting to think she likes you too."

"Yeah right. Annie hasn't showed any interest in me, it's just a one sided crush, I'll probably get over it pretty soon."

"Armin you've been saying that since freshman year, we're seniors now."

"Ugh whatever Eren, just drive." Armin said as Eren chuckled. Who was he if he didn't tease his friends. Soft snores were heard from the passenger seat. He looked over to see Mikasa, fast asleep her arms were crossed over her chest hugging the plushy he'd won for her at the fair. Her head was tilted leaning on the door of the car.

"Look at this sleepy head." Eren said. He smiled seeing she was actually holding the plushy, sleeping with it like she said she would.

"Let her sleep Eren, she's probably super tired. She's not used to being out with us for long yet."

"Yeah I know."

Pulling up to Armin's house they were the first to arrive. The others must've stopped at other places on the way there. "Atleast it will be quiet for a moment." Armin said.

"Yeah, a moment of silence." Eren said. Behind him was a sleepy Mikasa, she was yawning and was just ready to get back in the warmth to get comfortable and lay on something soft.

Walking inside she slipped her shoes off, following Eren and Armin to the living room. She had found comfort back on the couch, lifting her feet up laying her head on the arm of the couch.

"Mikasa I have an empty guest room, you can go lie down in there if you want to sleep in a bed." Armin said.

That would be lovely. "Where is it?" She asked in a soft voice. "Come on I'll show you." Eren said walking over. He grabbed both of her hands pulling her off the couch. She followed Eren's lead, as they walked down a hallway downstairs. At the end of the hall, he opened a door walking inside of the room.

"This is usually the room I use when I stay the night here." Eren said.

"It's perfect, I want to make love to the bed, that's how much I need it right now."

"Well, don't make love just yet." Eren said going inside of the closet in the room, pulling out a large blanket for her. "Here." He said handing it to her and she happily took it. She slipped his jacket off, setting it down neatly, she sat the plushy on the bed as she climbed in it.

"Do you need me to tuck you in?" Eren asked in a teasing tone. Mikasa didn't have the energy to joke back. "Hush Eren." She said.

"I'm just making sure. I'm sure you'll sleep well with my twin there to keep you company." Eren said as Mikasa let out a low chuckle. "Actually." She said turning to look at him. "I have a bit of trouble sleeping at night sometimes.. and I was wondering.."She said looking up at him. "If you would stay with me." She asked.

"You want me to make sure you fall asleep well?" He asked.

"No- I mean yes but I'd like it if I had someone here with me too."

He smirked. "So a cuddle buddy?" Eren asked.

"If that's what you call it, then yes." She said as he chuckled. "Alright hold that thought for a moment." He said walking back over to the closet he got the blanket out of.

She watched him rummage through it, then pull out some clothes. "Here." He said walking back over to her. "These are some of Armin's old clothes, I'm sure they will fit you." He said.

"What? I don't need to change." She said.

"Please, I'm sure you don't want to sleep in your crop top and skirt." He said. Good point. "Okay then, where can I change?" She asked.

"I'll step out and let you get changed." He said as she nodded.

When Eren stepped out Mikasa did begin to change her clothes. Starting with the skirt, she slipped it off first putting on the sweatpants given to her, then with the shirt, it was a bit oversized for her but it would do. She figured she was probably staying the night anyway so she might as well be comfortable.

She used the hair tie she had on her wrist to put her hair into a messy ponytail, some of her hair still falling from the sides. She left her locket on, afraid if she took it off she'd forget it.

She folded her clothes neatly and sat them down on the desk in the room. "Eren, I'm finished." She said loudly as he slowly walked back in. "My isn't someone comfy." He smiled as she chuckled.

"Thank you for the clothes." She said as she got back in the bed. She slipped the blanket over her body, then she patted the area next to her for Eren to sit.

Which he did, he took the hoodie he'd been wearing off tossing it somewhere in the room. He was already wearing a T-shirt and sweatpants that he could sleep in.

"So, did you have fun today?" Eren asked.

"Yes, I did, despite being thrown up on." She chuckled. As he scoffed. "I'm still annoyed with that idiot." Eren said as Mikasa giggled.

"Want to play a game?" Eren asked. "The others still aren't back yet and we have time, you know until you get sleepy." He said.

"I'm already sleepy." She said yawning, but she smiled. "But I'll stay up to play a game with you. What game?" She asked.

"Truth or Dare." He said smirking, he sat crisscrossed on the bed turning to fully face her. "Okay. Let's play." She said.

"Okay, choose one, Truth or Dare." He said.

"Hm.. Truth." She said. "Is it true that you have a crush on someone in our friend group?" He asked as her eyes widened and her cheeks reddened. "Ah so it is?"

"I didn't say anything."

"Your face told it all." He smirked. "Do tell." He said moving to lay on his stomach parching his hands under his chin, kicking his feet in the air. "I'm not going to say." She said.

"But you said truth!"

"You didn't ask who I had a crush on you asked if I had a crush."

"Well now I'm asking who. If you don't say I'll start guessing."

"Go ahead." She said with a chuckle.

"Armin."

"No."

"Reiner."

"No."

"Jean?!" He said looking at her incredulously. "No Eren."

"Ymir?"

"I'm not into girls." She laughed.

"Then who?!"

"I'll tell you, come here." She motioned for him to come closer. He did. She bent down to whisper inside of his ear. "It's Connie." She said as Eren moved back looking at with wide eyes. "With BALDY?! Man who knew you had a thing for skin heads." Eren said as Mikasa burst out laughing.

"I'm kidding Eren." She said.

He let out a sigh in relief. "Whew, for a second there I believed you. So then who is your crush?"

"I don't have one Eren."

"You said you did!" He exclaimed. "No, you assumed I did based off my reaction. I was just shocked you started off with a question so bold to ask so I went along with your quick assumption."

"Pfft, well if you did have a crush, would you tell me?"

"I don't know, can I trust you with such information?" She asked raising a brow. "Duh, I wouldn't tell." He said. "Unless you know, your crush is me." He smirked, he watched her cheeks redden again as she rolled her eyes. "Don't get too full of yourself Eren."

"Your turn." He said.

"Truth or Dare?" She asked.

"Dare." He said.

"Hm... I dare you to...." She said looking around the room trying to find something. "Come on, what do you really want me to do?" He asked getting closer to her. Mikasa couldn't think anymore, he was like an inch away from her, looking her dead in her face. She resisted the urge to look at him fully, especially his lips.

"Um.. I-I don't know." She said as he watched her get flustered.

"Lameee." He said. "Truth or Dare?" He asked.

"Truth."

"Is it true you've actually never ever kissed someone?" He asked.

"Yes it's true, I've never ever kissed anyone."

"Do you want to?" He asked as she looked at him. "What do you mean?" She asked, she could feel her heart nearly beat out of her chest as she watched him. "Do you want to kiss someone?" He asked again.

"I- I'm not sure." She said averting her gaze from him, looking down. She couldn't look him the eyes with him staring at her like that. "You wouldn't want to know how it feels?"

"Do you know how it feels?" She asked.

"Yeah, I do." He said, she felt a pang in her chest at his answer. She didn't know why but she did. As if she wanted his answer to be something different. "Oh." She said. "Must be nice." She said.

"Eh, it was so sloppy, my first kiss, neither me or the girl knew how to, so no one knew how to take the lead. It wasn't the best kiss." He said.

"Well I'm sure you gained experience on others." She said. "Eh, I don't really put myself out there like that, I had one girl I was serious with like a year ago, but we didn't work out." He said.

"Why didn't you?"

"Remember how I mentioned how girls only want to use me for pleasure?" He said as she nodded. She was hugging her plushy to her chest listening to him talk. "Well the girl I was with, that's all she cared about. At first I didn't think anything of it, but once I caught on I realized she didn't actually like me, she liked the idea of me. Being with her opened my eyes to see through girls intentions. Don't get me wrong guys are like that too, Jean is an example, but I'm not like that." He said.

"I'm sorry that happened." She said softly as he looked up at her. "Yeah well it's okay, I was in a slump after the break up because I actually did like her but now I'm over it." He said.

"So, are you looking for something.. new?" Mikasa asked.

"I don't know, I kind of think I already stumbled upon it already." He said as she lowered her gaze. That pang was back. "I see, well I hope it works out." She said. "I think I'll lay down now." She was so oblivious.

Eren sensed her mood change, he didn't know if it was something he said but he didn't want her to go to sleep just yet, he wanted to keep talking to her. So he tapped her shoulder, making her turn to him.

"What is it?" She asked softly.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm just.. sleepy again." She said sighing. She still didn't meet his eyes. He wanted her to, he wanted to look into them. "Mika." Eren said scooting closer to her, his position reflected hers. Lying on his side.

Eren reached over and pushed a few loose hairs from her face. Mikasa closed her eyes at his touch, it was always so gentle. His touch lingered when he softly swiped his thumb over the scar on her cheek. "How'd this happen?" He asked as she chuckled lowly.

"Have you always been so curious about everything?" She asked. She raised her hand placing it over his as he still rubbed over the scar.

"Yeah I have." He answered softly. "I want to know more about you, but I keep hitting roadblocks whenever I ask you." He said as Mikasa sighed.

It wasn't as easy as he thought. But maybe she could open up.. just a little bit.

"I was picking up some glass from a vase that had broke, I ended up dropping a piece and it bounced back up and cut me." She said. "I've accepted the fact that it won't go away." She said.

"I like it." Eren said swiping his thumb over it one more time before moving his hand. There was a ghost feeling when he did, his touch still lingered a bit. "Can you tell me more about yourself?"

He watched her take her gaze elsewhere. She really wanted to but she just couldn't risk talking about it and having an episode right here.

He watched her battle with herself while looking at her. He scooted closer. "I want to but.. things are just.. hard right now." She said softly.

"Is that why you moved?" He asked as she nodded. "Is it a sensitive topic?" He asked and she nodded again. "When you feel ready will you open up about it?" He asked as she looked back up at him. "Yes." She answered softly. "Okay." He said. "Come here." He said as she Mikasa scooted closer to him, her face near his chest as his arms wrapped around her. "I'll be here when you're ready."

"Thank you Eren." She said closing her eyes taking in the citrus scent mixed with mint that lingered to him. "I'm sorry about whatever happened to you back home." He said.

"No it's okay, don't apologize." She said. "I just have to keep pushing forward." She said as she yawned. She snuggled into him more.

Once Eren felt that her breathing had evened out, he knew she was fast asleep. He didn't know exactly what was troubling her but it had to have been horrible if she can't even talk about it. Atleast he knows now that the topic of her past is sensitive. So he won't pry anymore, until she's ready to talk about it, he's going to respect her boundaries.

He pulled the blanket over the both of them, holding her close to him, he felt he was keeping her safe, sheltered by his warmth. He'd do it anytime she needed him.

Eren slowly bent down and left a soft kiss on her cheek, right on her scar. He vowed to himself to be the best thing that ever happened to her. He was going to follow through on it.

"We're back Armin! We're ready for the movies to be played!" Sasha walked in loudly with everyone else following behind her.

"Oh hey guys, I was just about to start filling the bowls with popcorn." Armin said with a smile.

"Where's Eren and Mikasa?" She asked.

"They um- they've.. been in the back since we got back. Mikasa was sleepy so Eren took her to one of the guest bedrooms."

"What?!? They're together right now?!" Connie asked.

"I would assume so." Armin said.

Sasha was about to go down the hall to see for herself but it was Jean to beat her to it. He marched down the hall to the room and he pushed the door wide open.

There he saw the two of them, lying there together in one another's arms. Jean was about to storm in the room to pull Eren out the bed but Sasha and Connie stopped him. "Dude seriously, just give up, that girl wouldn't talk to you in a million years considering you spilled Soda on her and Threw up on her in the same week. Just stop." Connie said.

"Yeah, I mean there's other girls out there, Mikasa is totally out of your league anyways. So just give up on her!"

"And lose to Eren again?!?" Jean said. "Like hell!" He shouted.

"Can you guys shut the hell up." Eren said in a deep raspy voice. He stirred awake sitting up rubbing his eyes looking at everyone standing in the doorway. "Don't you guys see us sleeping?"

"We're totally sorry, we're just trying to prevent a horse from trotting into the wrong field." Sasha said as Jean rolled his eyes.

"Eren? What's.. Going on?" Mikasa asked stirring awake. She sat up too looking at everyone who looked at them.

She can see how this looks awkward. "We were just sleeping." She said.

"We know, we saw." Sasha said snickering. "Did you think we assumed differently?" She asked with a smirk.

"God, fuck off." Eren said plopping back down in the bed.

"We'll leave you guys." Connie said as he closed the door.

"Lay back down Mika." Eren said.

"Eh, I'm kind of awake now, we might as well go and join them." She said softly looking down at Eren who threw an arm over his face. "Those guys can be so annoying."

"They were probably just shocked seeing us in bed together." She said blushing. He peeked from under his arm looking at her and he smiled, showing his teeth. "You make it sound so naughty."

"I do?! Pfft yeah right." Mikasa said.

"I'm just pulling your leg." He said as he sat up. He grabbed her hand bringing it to his mouth, softly kissing the back of it. "That would be an interesting scenario though." He smirked as Mikasa snatched her hand back. "A tease like always. Let's go."

Eren laughed getting out of the bed he quickly walked over to Mikasa grabbing her hand holding it. She looked at him and he squeezed it. "Let's go right?"

They both walked down the hall together hand in hand, they entered the living room. Everyone was sitting in the dark their attention on the movie playing on the television. Eren quickly pulled Mikasa over to the unoccupied couch and sat on it.

No one noticed they had joined which was great. Eren pulled his legs up, lying back and he pulled Mikasa to sit between his legs.

The position was kind of awkward but she quickly got over it and sat back against Eren's chest. "Your hair is tickling my nose." He whispered to her close to her ear. "Yeah well you sat me here like this." She said.

"Yeah well I figured you were still cold, you know body heat is the best way to warm up remember." He whispered as she chuckled. "Whatever you say Eren."

She was trying to concentrate on the movie but Eren kept doing little things to her such as blowing on her neck, tickling her side making her squirm, and worst of all kept whispering things into her ear trying to get her to laugh.

"Come on you know that's funny." He whispered.

"Eren stop." Mikasa said trying to hold her laughter. It would be bad if anyone looked back seeing the two of them, especially while they all were into the movie.

"What? I'm not doing anything." He said as he wrapped his arms around her pulling her closer to him.

Mikasa's breath hitched when she felt Eren's lips graze the back of her neck. She turned around looking at him. "What did you just do?" She whispered holding the part of her neck she was sure he kissed.

"I don't know what you mean." He whispered back.

"You're not slick."

"I have zero clue what you mean."

"How would you feel if someone did that to you?"

"Good, great even." He smirked as she rolled her eyes turning back around. "But I didn't do anything. Scouts honor."

"Yeah right." Mikasa said about to get up and move but Eren pulled her back down. "I'll quit it, I promise." He whispered when she hit his chest again.

"You better."

Eventually everyone in the room had fallen asleep, Eren was still up but he didn't move because Mikasa had turned over and laid her head on his chest falling back asleep, so he let her stay there.

He gently rubbed her back making sure she stayed calm. He took into consideration that she said she sometimes can't sleep well at night so he made sure she got as much sleep as she wanted even if it meant he had to become her mattress.

The room was pitch black dark but he could hear rustling. He looked over to see who was moving when he saw two shadowy figure walking. He watched them and noticed it was Armin and Annie going upstairs together. The light above the front door gave them away.

"Nice Arlert." Eren smirked to himself. He just hoped Bertolt didn't wake up or figure out they were gone. He wasn't an advocate of cheating but he wanted Armin to atleast hit the ball to make it to a base, to build atleast a solid friendship with Annie so she can consider him and decide for herself if she wants him.

Similar to what he was doing with Mikasa, but for him, he was further than he thought. Further than both of them had thought.

"There you go, you can use my bathroom." Armin said while he looked at Annie who hadn't said much but that she wanted to use the bathroom.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you, alone Armin." Annie said turning to face him. She walked around his room, examining it closely. He was much cleaner than Bertolt.

"Oh then what is it?" Armin asked watching her walk around his room before finally turning to him. He sat down on the edge of his bed and she walked over doing the same thing.

"I wanted to talk about.. us Armin." Annie said. "Us? What about us we're friends." He said.

"Yeah but.. I know how you feel about me. Our friends aren't exactly the quietest people. I hear the teasing all the time, and I notice how you uncontrollably blush when they do and-"

"Annie." Armin cut her off. "What are you trying to say?"

She sighed, turning away feeling her cheeks burn with blush. "I'm trying to say that I like you too Armin." She said. "It's just.. I grew up with Bertolt and Reiner and he's always liked me so I figured I would give him a chance, but then I met you, and Bertolt became insecure and now all we do is argue about the smallest things and I'm just at my limit." She said turning back to Armin who looked at her with blush painted on his cheeks.

"I- I want to be with you Armin.. but I don't want to break Bertolt's heart. I don't know what I should do."

He reached over and placed his hand over hers. "Look Annie, I understand the dilemma you're facing, but it's all about what you think is better for yourself. I'm happy that you were able to tell me how you feel, but if you need to work things out with Bertolt you should. Be truthful but be mindful of his feelings too, and then if you still decide that you want to be with me, maybe we could figure something out, one step at a time." Armin said with a soft smile looking at her.

She smiled back, feeling a tear slowly slide down her cheek. "Thank you Armin." She said pulling him into a hug. "Please wait for me okay?" She said.

"Of course, I will."

When morning came, Kuchel was waiting patiently in the living room for Mikasa to get home, she knew she had plans yesterday but she was still a bit worried. With the doubts she had, she wondered how well Mikasa was feeling after everything.

"Where's the brat?" Levi said coming from downstairs. "I have some news for her."

"She spent the night at a friend's last night. She'll probably be home soon."

"Yeah? Was it a girl or a boy?" Levi asked.

"Well a boy came and picked her up yesterday."

"I figured. Tall, muscular build,brown hair, stupid man bun in the back, Slight tan, green eyes?" Levi said describing Eren.

"Well yes, that's who picked her up. How do you know him?"

"I always see those two together after school when I pick her up. She always gets in the car with this flustered look on her face, and she's been wearing his jacket all week." Levi said. "Oh speak of the devil." He said looking out the window. He watched as Eren opened Mikasa's door, helping her out his car. They stopped and talked for a bit before Mikasa got on her tip toes and hugged Eren. He smiled at her before running back to his side of the car getting in.

When Mikasa made it to the porch, she turned and waved to Eren who waved back and drove off.

Levi saw her scramble for her keys but he beat her to opening the door.

"Morning sunshine." He said as she looked at him.

"Goodmorning." She said walking past him into the house.

"Someone looks like they had an interesting night, don't tell me these are the clothes you wore initially." Levi said looking at her.

"Well no, I borrowed them from a friend."

"Who? Mr. Stupid hair?" Levi asked.

"These aren't Eren's." She said. "And his hair isn't stupid."

"Oh then he must have a little brother who let you borrow such a get up."

"What? No these are Armin's. Everyone spent the night there, it was more than just me and Eren." She said.

"Don't pay Levi any attention Mikasa, as long as you had a good time, that's all that matters." Kuchel said.

"Right." Mikasa said.

"Anyways, be ready Wednesday after school you start your first day of work." He said as her eyes widened. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, you wanted a job so I got you one, I know the manager at the frozen yogurt shop not far from campus, they were looking for a part timer and I told them you were interested. They said you can start Wednesday after school." Levi said. "So be ready, let your little boyfriend know so he doesn't hold you up socializing." Levi said as Mikasa rolled her eyes.

"Eren isn't my boyfriend."

"Well from where I stand I can't tell." Levi said.

"Do you have something against him?" She asked.

"No not at all, I'm just looking out for my little cousin. Boys are idiots." He said.

She chuckled. "Well you don't need to worry about Eren, we're just friends. Plus he's very nice and sweet everyone in the group is." She said.

"Hmph, Fine. Whatever, I'm going to head out, I have a few things to do today." Levi said.

"Oh me too Mikasa, I have to go help a friend with something relating to work. Do you think you'll be okay on your own for a while?" Kuchel asked as Mikasa nodded.

"Yeah I think I'll be fine." She said.

"Are you sure?" Levi asked.

"I'm sure."

"Good then, there's a pamphlet for different take out options stuck to the refrigerator, call in something for dinner and use the money in the kitchen drawer to pay for it." Kuchel said as Mikasa nodded.

"Okay, I'm going to go take a shower." She said.

"Hey, kid." Levi called out stopping Mikasa making her turn around. "Yeah?" She said.

"If you have company over, make sure they take their shoes off at the door and keep the place clean." He said. "Understood?"

"Yes.. understood." Mikasa said.

Was that Levi giving her permission to have someone over? She grew giddy with excitement.

Before she went into the bathroom to take a shower she plopped down on her bed, holding her phone up looking for a certain name.

Even though she had spent most of her time with them yesterday, she wanted to see them again.

So she dialed their number. She waited as the phone began to ring. One time, then two, then the third one came and she was growing nervous that they wouldn't answer, until she heard them speak.

"Hey you, miss me already?"

God what's with him and being arrogant.

"Eren."

"The one and only. What's up? You need something? Everything okay?"

"Yes everything is fine, I'm getting settled in. I was just wondering, I'm going to have the house to myself for a while... would you like to come over later?" She said but she needed to find a reasonable excuse for him to actually come. "To brainstorm ideas for our school project?"

"Are you inviting Armin too since he's in the group?"

"Well.. No-" She was cut off hearing him laugh over the phone.

"Don't worry I'm joking, so come over for the project right? That's it?"

"Yes."

"Yeah sure, I'll be over in a bit, for the project." She could hear the teasing smirk in his voice.

"Okay see you later then." She said smiling.

"Will do, see you later." He said hanging up the phone. Something in her lit up and the feeling in her stomach had grown bigger and lasted longer. She held her phone to her chest, sighing in relief. What exactly was Eren doing to her.

Mikasa wasn't trying to look cute but she definitely didn't want to just look like she put a makeshift outfit together.

She wore a tight fitting white T-shirt with a design on it, black tights with a low sitting bun. Her hair was messy and loose but it went with her whole comfortable in the house look.

She knew that she lived with clean freaks but she still made sure everything was still tidied up. She figured they would sit in the living but knowing Eren he would get curious and wander around and try to find her room.

A knock at the door pulled her attention. She walked up to it and opened it, seeing Eren standing there looking smug as always.

"Hey you." He said smiling at her.

"Hi." She said softly. "Take your shoes off when you come in." She said.

"Pushing your habits on me huh?" Eren said.

"Well I do it because I'm half Japanese, my cousin is just a complete clean freak. One scuff on the floor would send him up the wall and don't let a piece of dust fall, he'd have a heart attack." She said as he chuckled slipping his shoes off.

"I brought some of the notes we might need to go over the project." Eren said smirking at her.

"Oh yeah right... the project." Mikasa said. She knew that was just a cover up, if she were to be honest with herself she just wanted to see Eren again. It was an impulse decision when she called him. She took advantage of the moment she had or was given.

"So where are we going to discuss said project in the living room, kitchen table, your room?" Eren said.

"Where do you want to talk about it?" She asked

"Your room sounds nice." He said as she rolled her eyes. Of course that's where he wants to go.

She led the way down the hall with Eren following. She opened the door to her room letting Eren in then she closed it, and locked it.

"So, how do you want me, in the chair? On the bed?" Eren said.

"What do you mean?" She asked with flushed cheeks.

"For the project Mika." He said.

Right. Head out of the gutter Mikasa.

"We can sit on my bed." She said.

She watched him get comfortable, sitting down going through the binder he brought with him. She sat down across from him bringing her legs up watching him go through the notes.

"So where did you want to start?" Eren said looking up at her.

"Eren."

"Hm?"

"I didn't call you over to really work on the project." She said.

"Oh? I thought you made it clear that was the reason." He smirked.

"Yeah well I fibbed." She said averting her gaze from him. "I.. called because.. I wanted to see you again today.. Alone." She said.

"Man, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I thought about you the whole ride home, even almost started talking about you to my idiot brother." Eren said.

"You have a brother?"

"A half brother, same dad different mom, but he lives with us, he's like 100 years older than me."

"Be realistic Eren."

"Fine, he's 27. He works at some kind of research lab. I don't know much about it." He said.

"Are you two close?" She asked.

"Eh, in a way, I don't know I didn't meet him until I was like 10. It was awkward at first but I warmed up to him eventually."

"Well that's sweet." Mikasa said.

"So, you missed me. So are we just gonna sit here looking at one another?" He asked with a smirk. "Not that I mind."

"No Eren. I wanted to talk to you about something." She said.

"About what?" He asked.

"Hypothetically speaking, say if someone.. wanted to learn how to kiss, could they practice with someone without there being strong feelings involved or feelings getting in the way?" She asked.

"Like for learning purposes only?" He asked.

"Yes! Learning purposes. Just to get the hang or gist of it." Mikasa said. "Hypothetically speaking of course."

"I think so, but I'm sure if the person they're practicing with likes them, feelings will get in the way."

"Well what if it was with a platonic friend." She asked.

"Then I suppose it will be fine. Hypothetically speaking of course." He said as Mikasa chuckled.

"Good to know." She said looking away blushing.

Eren crawled closer to her. "Do you want to learn how to kiss Mikasa? Is that why you called me?" He asked with a smirk.

"I called because I wanted to see you again today." She said.

"And to ask me hypothetical questions about platonic friends kissing for funzies." He said as she rolled her eyes. "How did I know you'd find a way to tease me." She said looking at him.

"Mikasa."

"Hm."

"Do you want me to teach you how to kiss? For learning purposes of course."

"Strictly learning." Mikasa said.

"Yeah." He said as his eyes looked down at her lips.

"Yes. Teach me please." She said.

Eren crawled up closer to her, pushing pieces of hair out of her face. As he inched closer to her, Mikasa shut her eyes when she felt his breath fan her lips. She was expecting for him to kiss her, for learning purposes of course.

But she didn't feel anything. She slowly opened her eyes seeing Eren staring back at her. He raised his hand cupping her face, he moved to the side and placed a kiss on her scar like he did before when she was sleeping.

"I'm not going to kiss you Mikasa." He said. He chuckled when he saw a small pout make her lips.

"Why not? It's just for practice." She said looking at him with soft eyes, and flushed cheeks.

"Because, I'm afraid feelings will definitely get in the way." He said as she continued looking at him. "You should kiss someone when you truly like them or love them. When the time is right."

She wanted to ask him what exactly he meant. Her mind was too cloudy at the moment to completely understand.

She savored the feeling of his lips when they touched her cheek. She raised her hand feeling where his lips left.

"Okay." She softly.

She was feeling bold. She didn't know what had gotten a hold of her but she knew she needed to say something and get it off her chest, so she didn't explode.

"Eren."

"Hm." He looked up at her.

Just say it Mikasa. Tell him you like him. You can do it, no need to be nervous, it's Eren, if he rejects you, you can still just be friends.

Just say it.

She closed her eyes before slowly opening them to look at him. She opened her mouth and spoke

"Thank you." She chickened out. She couldn't say it. That bold spirit disintegrated just as fast as it came to her.

"No problem Mika, now should we really get started on this project or what." He smiled as she smiled back.

Next time, she'll say it, when the time is right.

"Yes, let's start."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

27.7K 802 13
﹙⭔.🫐 "its funny that we've both fucked so many people, ⟆ ( 〃yet we still havent ran into each other." .) ★☆﹔ "maybe thats a good thing."﹆ ◃.a sto...
67.4K 2.4K 26
jean kirstein x reader what is meant to be will be based off of season 4 characters ac for cover photo: artworkbyzuli on ig aot and all the charact...
12.2K 299 26
Eren Yeager, Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlert, Annie Leonhart, Bertholdt Hoover, and Reiner Braun. Three years of Junior High, they are all now in high...
1.9K 41 12
having to live out an exhausting life for eren, it was unexpected to save someone's life and have them save his too.