Catastrophic Masterpiece

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Cataleya is mysteriously back, but it won't take long to find out how or why. Dean is wrestling with a confe... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Season Four
01. Lazarus Rising
02. Are You There, God? It's Me, Cataleya Delgado
03. In the Beginning
04. Metamorphosis
05. Monster Movie
06. Yellow Fever
07. It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
08. Wishful Thinking
09. I Know What You Did Last Summer
11. Family Remains
12. Criss Angel Is a Douchebag
13. After School Special
14. Sex and Violence
15. Death Takes a Holiday
16. On the Head of a Pin
17. It's a Terrible Life
18. The Monster at the End of This Book
19. Jump the Shark
20. The Rapture
21. When the Levee Breaks
22. Lucifer Rising
Season Five
23. Sympathy for the Devil
24. Good God, Y'all!
25. Free to Be You and Me
26. The End
27. Fallen Idols
28. I Believe the Children Are Our Future
29. The Curious Case of Dean Winchester
30. Changing Channels
31. The Real Ghostbusters

10. Heaven and Hell

73 5 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

"You want Anna?" Sam asked. "Why?"

"Out of the way," Uriel ordered.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Dean protested. "Okay, I know she's wiretapping your angel chats or whatever, but it's no reason to gank her."

"Don't worry."

Cataleya narrowed her eyes. "You're some heartless sons of bitches, you know that?"

"As a matter of fact, we are," Castiel replied. "And?"

"And?" Sam repeated. "Anna's an innocent girl."

"She is far from innocent."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means she's worse than this abomination you've been screwing," Uriel said. "Now give us the girl."

"Sorry. Get yourself another one," Dean told him. "Try JDate."

"Who's going to stop us? You three? Or this demon whore?" Uriel threw Ruby against a wall. Dean and Cataleya attacked him.

"Cas, stop... please," Sam begged.

Castiel touched Sam's forehead and he fell to the ground.

Uriel punched Dean and Cataleya. "I've been waiting for this."

Suddenly, a bright light engulfed Castiel and Uriel and they disappeared.

"What the..." Dean and Cataleya began.

Dean helped Ruby to her feet. "Come on."

Ruby knelt by Sam, who was stirring. Dean and Cataleya got into the back room and found Anna with her hands and arms covered in her own blood.

"Anna. Anna!" Dean and Cataleya called.

Anna had used her blood to draw sigils on a mirror. "Are they -- are they gone?"

"Did you kill them?" Dean asked.

"No. I sent them away... far away."

"You want to tell us how?" Cataleya questioned.

"That just popped in my head. I don't know how I did it. I just did it."

CABIN

"So, what do you think?" Dean wondered.

"I think Anna's getting more interesting by the second."

Cataleya nodded. "I agree. And what did they mean by "she's not innocent"?"

"It seems like they want her bad, and not just 'cause of the angel radio thing. I mean, that blood spell -- Some serious crap, man, Catty."

"Something's going on with her," Dean said. "See what you can find out."

"What are you two gonna do?"

"Anna may have sent the angels to the outfield, but sooner or later, they're gonna be back. We got to get ourselves safe now."

BOBBY'S PANIC ROOM

Anna was sitting in a chair in the panic room.

"Iron walls drenched in salt," Dean told her. "Demons can't even touch the joint."

Ruby was waiting outside the open door. "Which I find racist, by the way."

"Write your congressman," Cataleya replied snarkily.

"Here."

"Hex bags?"

"Extra-crunchy. They'll hide us from angels, demons, all corners."

"Thanks, Ruby." She turned to Anna. "Don't lose this. So, Anna, what's playing on angel radio? Anything useful?"

"It's quiet. Dead silence," Anna said.

"Good," Dean commented. "That's not troubling at all."

"We're in trouble, huh? You guys are scared?"

"Nah," Dean and Cataleya answered.

"Hey, Dean, Catty!" Sam called.

"Just stay here, okay?" Dean instructed, turning to Ruby. "Keep an eye on her."

BOBBY'S DINING ROOM

"How's the car?" Dean asked.

"I got her," Sam replied. "She's fine. Where's Bobby?"

Cataleya glanced at Sam. "Bobby's in the Dominican. He told me to tell you you break anything, you buy it."

"He's working a job?" Sam questioned.

"God, I hope so," Dean said. "Otherwise he's at hedonism in a banana hammock and a trucker cap."

Sam frowned. "Now that's seared in our brains."

"All right, what did you find on Anna?"

"Uh, not much. Her parents were, um, Rich and Amy Milton -- a church deacon and a housewife."

"Riveting," Dean and Cataleya stated.

"Yeah," Sam agreed. "But there is something here in the report. Turns out this latest psych episode wasn't her first."

"No?"

"When she was 2 1/2, she'd get hysterical any time her dad got close. She was convinced that he wasn't her real daddy."

"Who was?" Dean wondered. "The plumber, hmm? A little snaking the pipes?"

"Dude, you're confusing reality with porn again. Look, Anna didn't say. She just kept repeating that this real father of hers was mad. Very mad -- like wanted-to-kill her mad."

"Kind of heavy for a two-year-old," Cataleya commented.

Sam glanced at her. "Well, she saw a kid's shrink, got better, and grew up normal."

"Until now," Dean said. "So, what's she hiding?"

"Why don't you just ask me to my face?" Anna suggested.

"Nice job watching her."

"I'm watching her," Ruby shot back.

"No, you're right, Anna," Sam agreed. "Is there anything you want to tell us?"

"About what?" Anna asked.

"The angels said you were guilty of something. Why would they say that?"

"You tell me. Tell me why my life has been leveled... Why my parents are dead. I don't know. I swear. I would give anything to know."

"Okay. Then let's find out."

"How?"

BOBBY'S BASEMENT

Dean was leading Pamela down the stairs.

"We're here!" Dean told Pamela.

"Pamela, hey!" Sam greeted.

"Hey, Pamela," Cataleya said.

"Sam? Cataleya?" Pamela called.

"Yeah," Sam and Cataleya confirmed.

"Sam, Cataleya, is that you two?"

"We're right here," Sam told her.

"Oh. Know how I can tell?" She grabbed Sam's butt and shook Cataleya's hand. "That perky little ass of yours and that strong grip of yours. You could bounce a nickel off that thing or be squeezed to death with that grip of yours. Of course I know it's you two, grumpy, sweetie. Same way I know that's a demon, and that poor girl's Anna and that you've been eyeing my rack."

"Uh... uh... uh..."

"Don't sweat it, kiddo. I still got more senses than most."

"Got it," Sam replied as Cataleya smirked.

"Hey, Anna," Pamela greeted. "How are you? I'm Pamela."

"Hi," Anna said.

"Dean told me what's been going on. I'm excited to help."

"Oh. That's nice of you."

"Oh, well, not really. Any chance I can dick over an angel, I'm taking it."

"Why?"

"They stole something from me." She took off her sunglasses, revealing white eyes. "Demon-y, I know. But they're just plastic. Makes me look extra-psychic, don't you think?" She laughed. "Now... how about you tell me what you deal is? Hmm? Don't you worry."

"Nice and relaxed," Pamela instructed. "Now, I'm going to count down from five to zero. When we're at zero, you'll be in a deep state of hypnosis. As I count do, just go deeper and deeper, okay? 5... 4... 3... 2... 1. Deep sleep. Deep sleep. Every muscle calm and relaxed. Can you hear me?"

"I can hear you," Anna replied.

"Now, Anna, tell me... How can you hear the angels? How did you work that spell?"

"I don't know. I just did."

"Your father... What's his name?"

"Rich Milton."

"All right. But I want you to look further back... When you were very young.... Just a couple of years old."

"I don't want to."

"It'll be okay. Anna, just one look -- that's all we need."

"No."

"What's your dad's name? Your real dad? Why is he angry at you?"

"No. No! No." She screamed. "No!"

"Calm down."

Anna continued screaming. "He's gonna kill me!"

"Anna, you're safe."

Anna's screaming continued. "No!" The lights exploded and glass shattered.

"Calm down."

"He's gonna kill me!" Anna screamed.

"It's all right, Anna."

"Anna?" Dean and Cataleya called, walking towards her.

"Dean, Cataleya, don't," Pamela warned.

Anna threw Dean and Cataleya across the room.

"Wake in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Anna... Anna?" Pamela called. "You all right?"

"Thank you, Pamela," Anna said. "That helps a lot. I remember now."

"Remember what?" Sam asked.

"Who I am."

"I'll bite," Dean replied. "Who are you?"

"I'm an angel."

BOBBY'S LIBRARY

"Don't be afraid, I'm not like the others," Anna reassured.

"I don't find that very reassuring," Ruby commented.

"Neither do I," Pamela agreed.

"So... Castiel, Uriel -- they're the ones that came for me?"

"You know them?" Sam asked.

"We were kind of in the same foxhole."

"So what, were they like your bosses or something?" Dean questioned.

"Try the other way around."

"Look at you."

"But now they want to kill you?"

"Orders are orders. I'm sure I have a death sentence on my head."

"Why?" Pamela wondered.

"I disobeyed... which, for us, is about the worst thing you can do. I fell."

"Meaning?" Dean pressed.

"She fell to earth, became human," Pamela explained.

Cataleya frowned. "Wait a minute. I don't understand. So, angels can just become human?"

"It kind of hurts," Anna replied. "Try cutting your kidney out with a butter knife. That kind of hurt. I ripped out my grace."

"Come again?" Dean and Cataleya said.

"My grace. It's... energy. Hacked it out and fell. My mother, Amy, couldn't get pregnant. Always called me her little miracle. She had no idea how right she was."

Dean frowned. "So, you just forgot that you were God's little Power Ranger?"

"The older I got, the longer I was human, yeah."

"I don't think you all appreciate how completely screwed we are," Ruby told them.

"Ruby's right. Heaven wants me dead."

"And Hell just wants her. A flesh-and-blood angel that you can question, torture, that bleeds. Sister, you're the Stanley Cup. And sooner or later, Heaven or Hell, they're gonna find you."

"I know. And that's why I'm gonna get it back."

"What?" Sam questioned.

"My grace."

"You can do that?" Cataleya wondered.

"If I can find it."

"So, what, you're just gonna take some divine bong hit, and, shazam, you're Roma Downey?" Dean asked.

"Something like that."

"All right. I like this plan. So, where's this grace of yours?"

"Lost track. I was falling about 10,000 miles per hour at the time."

"Wait," Sam said. "You mean falling, like, literally?"

"Yes."

"Like the way a human eye can see?" Sam guessed. "Like a comet, maybe, or a meteor?"

"Why do you two ask?"

BOBBY'S LIBRARY

Sam and Cataleya were surrounded by books and old magazines.

"Here," Sam said. "In March '85, a meteorite vanished in the night sky over northwestern Ohio. It was sighted nine months before Anna was born, and she was born in that part of Ohio."

"You're pretty buff for a nerd. Cataleya's a petite nerd."

Cataleya eyed Ruby suspiciously as she added, "Look, Sam and I think it was Anna and here, same time -- another meteor over Kentucky."

"And that's her grace?"

"Might be."

"All right. That just narrows it down to an entire state."

Cataleya stood. "I'm gonna check on the others."

Sam nodded and looked to Ruby. "Look, it's a start."

"Sam... I'm sorry," Ruby apologized.

"For what?"

"For bringing you this mess. If I had known, I would have kept my trap shut."

"Yeah, well, we'll muddle through."

"Not this time. You do not want to get between these two armies. It's Godzilla and Mothra. If one side doesn't get us, the other will."

"So, what do you want to do? Dump Anna and run? Forget it. Look, I know the angels freak you out."

"Forget the angels. It's Alastair I'm scared of."

"Alastair?"

"You met him in the church. Practically the grand inquisitor downstairs. Picasso with a razor."

"And?"

"And you should pull him out and throw him back in the Pit... if you weren't so out of shape."

"Ruby..."

"No, your abilities -- you're getting flabby."

"Yeah, so how do I tone up?"

"You know how. You know what you got to do."

"No, I'm not doing that anymore."

"Sam..."

"I said no."

"Well, then you better pray that Anna gets her groove back, or we're all dead."

EXT. BOBBY'S SALVAGE YARD

"Pamela get home okay?" Anna asked.

"Yeah," Dean replied. "She said she was sorry. "It's just after last time, she, uh... This is just a little too rich for her blood."

"I don't blame her. You guys should do the same."

"Well, we're not that smart. Can I ask you something? What do they want Leya for? Why did they save her?"

"I'm sorry. The angels aren't talking about it. And it was after I fell."

"That's another question. Why would you fall? Why would you want to be one of us?"

"You don't mean that."

"I don't? A bunch of -- of miserable bastards... Eating, crapping, confused, afraid."

"I don't know. There's loyalty... forgiveness... love."

"Pain."

"Chocolate cake."

"Guilt."

"Sex."

"Yeah, you got me there."

"I mean it. Every emotion, Dean, even the bad ones... It's why I fell. It's why... why I'd give anything not to have to go back. Anything."

"Feelings are overrated, if you ask me."

"Beats being an angel."

"How's that possible? You guys are powerful and perfect. You don't doubt yourselves or God or anything."

"Perfect... Like a marble statue. Cold... no choice... only obedience. Dean, do you know how many angels have actually seen God? Seen his face?"

"All of you?"

"Four angels. Four. And I'm not one of them."

"That's it? Well, then how do you even know that there is a God?"

"We have to take it on faith... Which we're killed if we don't have."

"Huh."

"I was stationed on Earth 2,000 years. Just... watching... silent... invisible... out on the road... sick for home... waiting on orders from an unknowable father I can't begin to understand. So don't tell me that-"

Dean laughed and Anna asked, "What is so funny? What?"

"Nothing," Dean replied. "Sorry. It's just... I can relate."

"Hey," Sam called.

"Did you guys find something?"

"I think so."

BOBBY'S LIBRARY

"Union, Kentucky," Sam said. "Found some accounts of a local miracle."

"Yeah?" Dean questioned.

"Yeah," Cataleya replied, walking into the room. "In '85, there was an empty field outside of town. Six months later, there was a full-grown oak. They say it looks a century old at least."

"Anna, what do you think?"

"The grace," Anna stated. "Where it hit, it could have done something like that, easy."

"So grace ground zero -- it's not destruction. It's..." Sam was cut off.

"Pure creation."

IMPALA

Dean was driving, Sam was passenger, and Cataleya, Anna and Ruby were in back. Dean looked in the rearview mirror and laughed.

"What?" Ruby asked.

"Nothing," Dean replied. "It's just an angel, a hunter and a demon riding in the backseat. It's like the setup to a bad joke... or a Penthouse Forum letter."

"Dude... Reality... porn," Sam said. "And one of those girls is our friend."

"You call this reality? I'm aware."

Cataleya rolled her eyes. "My god you have no filter."

Dean shot her a look in the rearview mirror.

OAK FIELD

"It's beautiful," Dean commented.

"It's where the grace touched down," Anna told them. "I can feel it."

"You ready to do this?" Dean asked.

"Not really."

"Anna, what are we even looking for?" Sam questioned.

Anna put a hand on the tree trunk. "It doesn't matter. It's not here. Not anymore. Someone took it."

BARN

"We still got the hex bags," Dean reminded them. "I say we head back to the panic room."

Cataleya nodded. "Yeah; that sounds like the best idea."

Ruby frowned. "What, forever?"

"We're just thinking out loud!"

"Oh, you two call that thinking?"

"So help me I will-"

"Hey!" Sam yelled. "Hey, hey, hey. Stop it."

"Anna's grace is gone," Ruby told them. "You understand? She can't angel up. She can't protect us. We can't fight Heaven and Hell. One side maybe, but not both. Not at once."

"Um... guys? The angels are talking again," Anna informed.

"What are they saying?" Sam asked.

"It's weird... Like a recording... a loop. It says, "Dean Winchester and Cataleya Delgado give us Anna by midnight, or...""

"Or what?" Dean pressed.

""...or we hurl her back to damnation.""

"Anna..." Sam began. "Do you know of any weapon that works on an angel?"

"To what? Kill them?" Anna asked as Sam nodded. "Nothing we could get to... Not right now."

"Okay, wait, wait. I say we call Bobby," Dean suggested. "We get him back from hedonism."

Cataleya looked up at him. "Dean, what is he gonna tell us that we don't already know?"

"I don't know, but we got to think of something!"

"Yeah, I know! But what."

WOODS

Dean was studying a book over the Impala and noticed Anna walking up. "Hey. Holding up okay?"

"Trying," Anna admitted.

"Yeah."

"A little scared, I guess. So, um... Dean... I just wanted to thank you."

"For what?"

"Everything. You guys -- you didn't have to help me-"

"Hey, let's can the "thanks for trying" speech, you know? Participation trophies suck ass."

"I don't know. Maybe I don't deserve to be saved."

"Don't talk like that."

"I disobeyed. Lucifer disobeyed. It's our murder one, and I knew it. Maybe I got to pay."

"Yeah, well, we've all done things we got to pay for." He smiled, seeing Cataleya walk up.

"I got to tell you something," Anna said, looking at her. "You're not gonna like it."

"Okay," Cataleya replied with a frown. "What?"

"About a week ago, I heard the angels talking... About you... What she did in Hell. Cataleya, I know. It wasn't your fault. You should forgive yourself."

"Anna, I don't w-want to, uh... I don't want to... I can't talk about it."

"I know. But when you can, you have people that want to help. You are not alone. That's all I'm trying to say." She looked between Dean and Cataleya. "I'm gonna give you two some time." She walked away.

Dean, after seeing Cataleya's expression, pulled her into a hug and she, without thinking, gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and pulled away.

"What was that for?" Dean asked.

"You know... Our last night on Earth... all that," she teased.

"You're stealing my best line. Leya-"

"I told Anna the truth. I don't want to talk about this."

He nodded. "Okay. Then there's something else I need to tell you. After you died, I realized something."

Seeing his pause, she asked, "What?"

"I love you, Leya. And you don't have to say it back, but I needed you to know."

"Is that why you've been so weird since my return?"

"Yeah."

"Huh. Well I can't say it back, but you don't infuriate me as much as you used to."

"I'll take that. You wanna sit and forget the world for awhile?"

"That sounds... nice."

Dean and Cataleya sat in the Impala, a strangely comfortable silence between them.

BARN

Sam was asleep over an open book as Ruby left.

CROSSROAD

Ruby burned her hex bag.

"Hello, Ruby," Alastair greeted.

"Alastair," Ruby said.

"I have to say, I'm surprised to find you out in the open like this."

"Yeah? Desperate times."

"That they are. You looking for this?" He took out her knife. "Your gawky human friend gave it to me."

"Keep it. I just came to talk."

"About what? About how a demon is protecting an angel? We really must revoke your membership."

"Look, I know I'm not employee of the month, but this -- I never wanted to get in the middle of this."

"Why are you here, Ruby?"

"I'll give you the angel."

"Will you? And in return?"

"I walk away. Me, Cataleya and the Winchester brothers, all of them. This angel business is none of our business."

"Hmm. You know... I'd always heard that you were a devious, cowardly little slut. You don't disappoint."

"So, what do you say?"

"It's interesting... Prudent."

Two demons appeared and grabbed Ruby from behind.

Alastair continued. "But, uh... Let me make you a counteroffer."

BARN

"Look at that," Uriel said. "It's so cute when monkeys wear clothes."

Dean frowned. "I'm dreaming, aren't I?"

"It's the only way we could chat... since you're hiding like cowards."

"Don't normally see you off your leash. Where's your boss?"

"Castiel? Oh, he, uh... He's not here. See, he has this weakness. He likes you. Time's up, boy. We want the girl."

"Wouldn't try that if I were you. See, she got her grace back. Full-blown angel now."

"That would be a neat trick, considering..." he took out a necklace, "...I have her grace right here. We can't let Hell get their hooks into her."

"Well, then why don't you just give her back her angel juice?"

"She committed a serious crime."

"What? Thinking for herself?"

"This is our business. Not either of yours."

"Yeah, well, I guess you just like being a pain in the pooper."

"No. There's more." He looked at Dean. "You could have cut yourself a slice of... angel food cake. Didn't you? Huh? You didn't and yet you could've."

"What do you care? You're junkless down there, right? Like a Ken doll?"

"Ooh. Well, it's your last chance. As it is Cataleya's. Give us the girl, or-"

"Or what? What, you're gonna toss me back in the hole? You're bluffing."

"Try me. This is a whole lot bigger than the plans we got for you and Cataleya, Dean. You can be replaced."

"What the hell? Go ahead and do it."

Uriel frowned. "You're just crazy enough to go, aren't you?"

"What can we say? I don't break easy."

"Oh, yes... you do. You just go to know where to apply the right pressure."

OLD BATHROOM

Ruby was tied to a dentist chair.

As Alastair tortured her with a knife, he said, "You know the problem with your generation? Instant gratification. It's all now, now, now. No patience, no craftsmanship. But I do have to say... This knife of yours... It's an exquisite piece. You must tell me where you found it. You know... I haven't been up here since Poland '43. Truth is, I loathe it. It's chilly. No stink of blood or sizzle or flesh or the wet flap of flayed skin. I don't know how you stand it. So, the sooner you cooperate, the sooner I can finish up with this ghastly angel business and return home to my studies. But no rush. Let's take our time... Relish the moment. Now, I'm going to remove this, but don't you go smoking out of that meat. You won't get very far."

"Oh!" Ruby cried.

"Now you tell me where that angel is."

"No."

"No?"

"No. I tell you, you'll kill me. But I'll show you."

BARN

"I don't know, man," Sam said. "Where's Ruby?"

"Hey, she's your Hell buddy," Dean replied as he drank from his flask.

Cataleya drank from her own flask.

Anna looked between Dean and Cataleya. "Little early for that, isn't it?"

"It's 2 a.m. somewhere," Dean said.

"You two okay?"

"Yeah, of course."

Cataleya nodded. "Fine."

The doors opened with a blast and Castiel and Uriel entered.

"Hello, Anna," Castiel greeted. "It's good to see you."

"How?" Sam wondered. "How did you find us?" He paused. "Dean?"

Dean turned to Anna. "I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"Because they gave him a choice," Anna explained. "They either kill me... or kill you and Cataleya. I know how their minds work." She smiled at Dean to say goodbye. "You did the best you could. I forgive you. Okay. No more tricks. No more running. I'm ready."

"I'm sorry," Castiel told her.

Anna looked at Castiel. "No. You're not. Not really. You don't know the feeling."

"Still, we have a history," Castiel said. "It's just-"

"Orders are orders. I know. Just make it quick."

Alastair, a bleeding Ruby and another demon appeared.

"Don't you touch a hair on that poor girl's head," Alastair warned.

Uriel glared. "How dare you come in this room... you pussing sore?"

"Name-calling. That hurt my feelings... You sanctimonious, fanatical prick."

"Turn around and walk away now," Castiel ordered.

"Sure. Just give us the girl. We'll make sure she gets punished good and proper."

"You know who we are and what we will do. I won't say it again. Leave now... or we lay you to waste. I've done it before, and I won't hesitate to do it again."

"Think I'll take my chances."

Angels and demons began fighting. Castiel tried to exorcise Alastair with his hand only to get no result.

"Sorry, kiddo," Alastair said. "Why don't you go run to daddy?"

Uriel exorcised a demon as the demon cried, "Aaaaahhhh!"

Alastair began exorcising Castiel. "Potestas inferna, me confirma. Potestas inferna, me confirma. Potestas inferna, me confirma."

Dean hit Alastair with a crowbar and Cataleya kicked Alastair in the back.

"Cataleya, Cataleya, Cataleya... I am so disappointed," Alastair told her. "You had such promise."

Alastair attacked Dean, Sam and Cataleya. Anna took her grace from Uriel while he was killing the demon.

"No!" Uriel cried.

Anna broke the pendant releasing the grace. White light flowed into her mouth and she cried, "Shut your eyes. Shut your eyes! Shut your eyes!"

The hunters shut their eyes as bright light came from Anna's body and made Alastair disappear, leaving behind Ruby's knife.

"Well, what are you guys waiting for?" Dean asked. "Go get Anna. Unless, of course, you're scared."

"This isn't over," Uriel said.

"Oh, it looks over to me, junkless."

Castiel and Uriel disappeared.

"You okay?" Sam questioned.

"Not so much," Ruby replied.

Dean frowned. "What took you so long to get here?"

"Sorry I'm late with the demon delivery. I was only being tortured."

Cataleya turned to the taller brother. "Dean and I gotta hand it to you, Sammy. Bringing them all together all at once -- angels and demons. It was a damn good plan."

"Yeah, well, when you got Godzilla and Mothra on your ass, best to get out of their way and let them fight," Sam said.

"Yeah, now you're just bragging," Dean told him.

"So, I guess she's some big-time angel now, huh? She must be happy... Wherever she is."

"I doubt it."

Cataleya shook her head. "No. She isn't."

ROADSIDE

Sam was sitting on the hood of the Impala with a beer. Kennedy was sitting cross-legged on the hood twirling her beer. Dean was leaning against the side of the car near them.

"I can't believe we made it out of there," Dean said.

"Again," Sam and Cataleya agreed.

Dean held out his bottle and Sam and Cataleya clinked it.

After a moment, Cataleya said, "I know you two heard him."

"Who?" Sam asked.

"Alastair. What he said... about how I had promise."

"I heard him."

"You two aren't curious?"

Dean momentarily met his eyes. "Leya, we're damn curious. But you're not talking about Hell, and we're not pushing."

"It wasn't four months, you know."

"What?" Sam questioned.

"It was more like 40 years."

"My God," Sam and Dean said.

Cataleya took a moment to gather herself before saying, "They, uh... They sliced and carved and tore at me in ways that you two... Until there was nothing left. And then, suddenly... I would be whole again... like magic... just so they could start in all over. And Alastair... at the end of every day... every one... he would come over. And he would make me an offer. To take me off the rack... if I put souls on... if I started the torturing. And every day, I told him to stick it where the sun shines. For 30 years, I told him. But then I couldn't do it anymore, Sammy, Dean. I couldn't. And I got off that rack. God help me, I got right off it, and I started ripping them apart. I lost count of how many souls." A tear rolled down her cheek. "The -- the things that I did to them."

"Catty... Catty, look you held out for 30 years," Sam said. "That's longer than anyone would have."

Cataleya was crying. "How I feel... This... Inside me... I wish I couldn't feel anything, Sammy, Dean. I wish I couldn't feel a damn thing."

Dean walked towards her and hugged her. He held her head to his chest and placed a hand on the back of her head as they stood there, mid-hug while she softly cried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

786 56 13
A new threat emerges for the Winchesters, unbeknownst to them, and it's no supernatural creature. And, as if things couldn't get worse, a Nephilim co...
274 24 11
Sam is mysteriously back after a year, or so they think. And he's not the only one. The hunters discover one has betrayed them to open a door to mon...
36.3K 618 22
"belle?" dean said looking at me with surprise and a bit of betrayal in his eyes. "shit." "you know these lads?" crowley looked at me, confused. bel...
121 0 5
Hallie wasn't quite like her brother, but they did share some similarities. For years, she'd heard tales of the American Hunters and their reckless w...