Prototype: Isekai'd

Od Peaceful7890

After experiencing a strange, bizarre event back at his home, our MC must now face challenges that might lead... Více

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 14 - 2
Chapter 15
The Web of Intrigue (1)
Chapter 16
10k reads
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
20k reads

Chapter 19

457 12 4
Od Peaceful7890

* * *

"Everything kills everything else in some way."

- A person waking up on Monday.

* * *

Silence filled the rooms, hallways, and gardens of a mansion, once bustling with maids and butlers maintaining the absolute "perfect" state of the surroundings. Exclude the occasional MIB agents patrolling around, the place was truly desolate; devoid of any life. 

Inside one of the rooms is a man, presumably in his late 40s, sitting at his desk - facing the front door. The surroundings were filled with antique furniture, large cabinets, and filled up bookshelves, giving it an "old" vibe. The smell of scented candles and wax also permeated throughout the room, though there weren't any candles to begin with for some reason.

He took a deep breath, and prepared himself for what's in front of the door.

"Open!" he exclaimed. The two agents outside didn't even get to knock when he called them out. They slowly opened the door and were greeted by his stare. 

"Pardon the intrusion, Mister Garrett," the blonde agent said, greeting him with the utmost respect. "We've come to bring news about your daught--"

"Spit it," the man interrupted. "What did those bastards say?"

"O-Our search personnel encountered one of their members, and they said that they'll... negotiate with you."

Silence filled the room for a few seconds, giving him time to think.

"Huh, anything else?"

"Sir William is willing to give you further information about the topic."

The man then stood up rom his seat and walked towards them.

"Take me to him."

"Please follow us."

* * *

Outside the mansion at the front gate is where the commander of the elite divisions stood - accompanied by dozens of agents that were equipped with a variety of weapons, ranging from swords to literal assault rifles. The commander scratched his chin as he waited for the owner of the mansion to come out and inform him. After a minute, he finally came out.

Garrett Griffonvale. One of the strongest individuals that currently exists on Stardust, and on the continent. Looking at his aura alone would be enough to make an experienced adventurer freeze in fear, waiting for impending doom. The surrounding MIB agents tensed up as he approached the gate; their arms already on their weapons incase something goes wrong. After reaching the entrance, he stopped.

Garrett reached out his hand to the commander. "Welcome," he said.

William introduced himself. "William Denster - Elite Divisions Commanding Officer." 

They both shook hands after.

"What did they say?" Said Garrett.

"They'd be willing to release your daughter under one condition," William revealed.

"What do they want?" Garrett's eyebrows frowned at William, as if he's about to hear something he doesn't want to know.

"Judging by your looks and the current situation, I'm sorry to say but---they want the crest."

Silence filled up the area, only being interrupted by the sound of the blowing wind. The surrounding agents next to Garrett could now feel a pressurizing sensation coming from him, almost as if they're being crushed. 

Then, a second later, Garrett released all of his pent-up anger in the form of a condensed bright-red aura, affecting everyone around him. A strong wind blasted from his position, knocking down the nearby agents except for William.

All agents around him readied and aimed their weapons at the man, hoping that he doesn't go on a rampage across the area. Some looked at the sole man who stood against the pressure - who didn't even lift a finger after witnessing what happened. After a few moments, William stared Garrett down and spoke.

"Garrett, I know how frustrated you are right now, but being angry in front of my men here isn't going to help anything. I can assure you that we'll get your daughter back safely - with the crest still on her."

Garrett calmed himself down for a moment, then spoke to him.

"I know."

William thought about it for a moment before reaching to a conclusion.

"Perhaps we should talk more about this at the headquarters, shall we?"

"I appreciate your concern."

* * *

At an abandoned building in the southern part of Stardust

Diana couldn't make out what she was currently seeing in front of her. Was it two people? Four? What are they wearing? What were they doing? Why can't she move? After a few more moments, she's now beginning to realize her situation.

"Diana Griffonvale, rise and shine~"

"W-What--"

"Shhh, take a rest. Don't overexert yourself. You can't do anything."

"You..."

Her vision began to return after a blurry phase of trying to make out the faces in front. A man with blue hair, with a white coat, wearing glasses, stood in front of her with a smile on his face. He reached out his right hand and caressed her face. 

"Hah~ so this is a face of a noble daughter."

When she finally got herself together, she suddenly moved her face and bit his hand hard - ripping the skin off and making him back away.

He looked at his wounded thumb that was bleeding profusely and remarked. 

"Oh, that quite hurt~"

Gritting her teeth, she then spat out the bloody piece to the ground.

"You're quite fierce. Oh well~" 

She watched as she saw his wound close up instantly, shocking her for a bit. 

'He's a healer? Wait, no... He can regenerate? Who is this person?'

The man took out a napkin out of his white coat and wiped the blood stain on his hand. 

"No need to feel scared, you'll be back to your privileged life sooner than later IF - you give us the crest~"

She looked at her family keepsake and went into deep thought about it. This person wants this kind of useless glorified thing hanging on her neck for almost two decades now? Why does he want this? What was in the thing by the way?

"It's such a shame that we couldn't even get it off of you after using our best methods. Something truly special is hiding inside the crest, and we want it~ So we're gonna have to ask your father about this problem... very kindly."

"Or, if that doesn't work out~"

He immediately pulled out a knife from his coat and threw it to the wall behind her - almost striking her head. 

"We're just gonna have to kill you as a last resort. We don't even like killing things at the start you know~ Well, some of us."

Diana cleared her throat. "What do you know about the crest?"

Creating a smile on his face, he then slowly walked towards Diana's side and went past her towards the wall where the knife landed.

"Well, I don't exactly know what's in it, but I think our benefactors have knowledge about it."

Taking the knife stuck on the stone wall, he then wiped it clean with the cloth he used earlier and placed them both back into his coat.

"They even paid us a large sum just to get you! If you want to know who they are, then you can't ask me about it. Only the chief and the others do."

Walking away, he then tucked his hands in the coat's side pockets and continued on.

"Honestly to me, I feel like we've made a mistake on taking this one. Accepting the money, angering your family, all of that. This is really a sketchy one. I wonder what made the chief bite the bait?"

Turning around, he then walked towards the door. But when he turned the knob, he said his last words to her before exiting the room.

"Don't try anything stupid when you're out there, even if your father's there to save you. One wrong move, and you'll end up dead - causing even more trouble up our asses."

"That's all - see ya next time, sweety~"

The door closes, leaving her alone in the silent room with her thoughts.

'Creep.'

* * *

As the man in the white coat walked in the dark hallways of the building, another man appeared right in front of him. Dressed in an outfit that screams out 'muscle brain,' i.e., white tank tops and black leather pants, he greets the other.

"How was she, Ethan?"

"Pure, but like a beast - probably knows how to fight as well."

"That's... kind of creepy, not gonna lie," the other remarked. "Condition before she woke up?"

"Deep sleep, had a snot bubble when I got there."

"Gas was too effective, I guess. Couldn't wake her up for a while."

They then walked together side by side while having a conversation.

Ethan spoke first. "So, what happened when you captured her, Grand?"

Grand answered immediately. "Oh, the market? Well, that was a real shitfest. Some guy came out of nowhere and I had to fight him."

The other became interested in his story. "Tell me more."

"So this guy had like weird stuff. He had like a ranged chain-weapon or something, sharp claws, and could create huge spikes out of the ground. Also had a huge-ass blade and armor and shields..."

"So it was a knight?"

"No, he didn't even resemble one of them. Looked like an average nobody at first. The guy could change his arms into the weapons I said before. Claws, blades, shields, you know it."

"He could change his arms? How?"

"I don't know. Best guess is that he could shape his physical form into anything. The guy also had regeneration like you."

Ethan took a moment to think about all of it before speaking.

"Interesting - to think someone else had my ability."

"You know what caused the market being destroyed?"

"You guys fighting?"

"Well, yeah, but the true cause was him. He exploded into like dozens of tendrils that went through everything. Didn't leave a single one alive inside when we got out."

"Huh... are you sure that he's still alive?"

"...Eh, fifty-fifty."

"Considering that he had my ability, then I'm sure that he's still alive."

"Really? He exploded after all."

"I'm confident that 'that' is one of his abilities. No one would be stupid enough to explode themselves unless if they're backed up into a corner."

Grand didn't reply for a moment after.

"Wait, did you..."

"Yeah, we did."

Ethan sighed. "Then it was your fault after all that the place got destroyed."

Grand then repeated the question. "So, chances that he's still alive?"

"Unlikely."

"Yeah, knew it."

"Oh, by the way, do you know who's the one that requested this?"

"The clients? Well, I was shocked because I literally didn't expect them hiring us for a job like this. Looks like they're really going to start another war on the continent if this escalates further."

"War? How the hell did you arrive to that conclusion?"

Grand chuckles. "I think it's better if you go to the chief yourself to ask about it."

"Oh wow, cliffhanger. Great. Why don't you just tell me now?"

"No can do buddy, find it out yourself."

"Why are you like this?"

"I could say the same to you when you're putting on an act. Why do you always go like: yeeeaaah~ when you're talking to the prisoners?"

"You don't need to know."

""You don't need to know~" I mean, come on - that's weird."

"Shut it."

* * *

A deep voice echoed throughout a dark room, catching the attention of those inside.

"The twelve syndicates of Luminous, are now here."

A dozen of individuals with unique clothing stood side by side, facing a man wearing an entirely black cloak, with a symbol of "shining light" on his back. He emitted an intense aura around him, presumably to make sure that the members would pay attention.

The man looked at the people in front of him one by one.

[Greta] - "Lightwitch"

[Joseph] - "Undead Swordman"

[Relia] - "Potion Brewer"

[Drell] - "Dual Macheteman"

[Lithio] - "Absorber"

[Karl] - "Eyewatch"

[Wralt] - "Electric Berserker"

[Alanor] - "Spikeweed"

[Ethan] - "Immortal Doctor"

[Devan] - "The Sorcerer"

[Illyha] - "Invisible Fox"

[Grand] - "Broadsword"

...

[???] - "Chief"

...

"We've come so far as a mercenary organization. I thank you all for participating in our objectives, whether or not if it was just for the sake of your own goals."

"You're wondering why I called you all here to this place suddenly. I'm hear to make an announcement about our present objective - about the Griffonvale crest."

"Our clients have paid us an incredibly large sum for the mission if we deliver the crest safely out of Stardust, and are willing to pay even more if we eliminate an individual related to the hostage: Garrett Griffonvale."

The reactions from the syndicates were mixed. Some were cautious, some were thrilled, and some didn't even react at all.

"I'm going to cast a vote. Are we going to take both objectives?"

The majority of the voters nodded in response, while the minority didn't answer.

"I guess that some of you are cautious about the new mission. I can relate."

"Garrett is one of the strongest individuals on Stardust, and he's being backed by the MIB at this moment. The opponents, are undoubtedly strong."

"But we have already accepted the task, and there's no turning back now. The fate of the organization lies on the success of the mission, and we will reap the rewards if we do."

The man made a gesture using his right hand, relating to what he previously said.

"Tomorrow, we will all head out towards Dranhir. We'll either fight and kill Garrett, or resort to the primary objective: Take the crest away from the daughter and send her back. If that doesn't work out... we will kill them both."

"Prepare the necessary resources. It's either going to be them, or us."

The man turned his back and slowly walked away in front of them, disappearing into the darkness.

* * *

"The day when the illusion of peace crumbles all over the world, we'll be the illuminating light shining over the chaotic night, guiding those who've lost their place in the new order."

"Until that happens, we will be in the dark, strengthening ourselves."

"It all starts here."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

13.5K 1.3K 47
[ BOOK 1 : COMPLETED ] 2019 is when the pandemic broke, little did they know that the Pandemic was just the beginning of an even bigger threat. Fast...
40.7K 1.8K 35
Barry was a normal depressed teen in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. He has two siblings and a best friend. *UNKNOWN ANOMALY DETECTED* "Ahhh, th...
30.3K 1.6K 41
Getting Isekai'd to another world is indeed awesome, especially embarking on an adventure as a hero to defeat the Demon King, who turns out to be a w...
812K 23.8K 56
Sora, a guy who was reading up on "That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime", had not been paying attention when he got struck by a moving truck. H...