MIDNIGHT TRAIN- RINA AU

De sofiasbassett

ricky and gina meet on a midnight train on the way to kourtney and jet's wedding without knowing who the othe... Mais

๐š™๐š•๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šœ๐šŽ ๐š–๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐šŠ๐š™

๐š๐š˜ ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐šŠ๐š— ๐šŠ๐šž๐š๐š˜๐š๐š›๐šŠ๐š™๐š‘ ๐š˜๐š› ๐šœ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š?

12 2 0
De sofiasbassett

RICKY wasn't shocked when the invitation to his best friend Kourtney and her fiancé's Jet came through the door. They had been dating for the last 5 years and Kourtney had been planning this day as long as he can remember she always wanted to feel like a princess on her wedding day and that's what she deserves.

THE bustling scene of NYC is something he enjoys with the buzz that he hasn't found anywhere else, but something is still off. He hasn't made it his home, and he is scared he never will find the home feeling anywhere, with unsupportive parents always telling him he isn't quite good enough for any of the dreams he wanted. So, his confidence was never there, and the lack of love and support his parents ever gave each other and himself made him truly sceptical of the word love. But he's always wanted that longingness that he has seen his friends get, especially Kourtney. He just hopes that one day that it happens to him, even if he isn't quite sure how worthy he is.

GINA has always been told by her mother if she got too close to people then she wouldn't be getting the same success everyone else got. So ever since she was a little girl, she remained closed off, rude and cold. How her mother viewed her success, was with how many numbers 1 dance videos she got or likes on social media to get someone to see the talent to make her become the professional dancer. But locked away, her dreams were wistful the idea of finding a connection with someone who understands her or even better being somewhere for more than 5 minuets, she's never had that opportunity, constantly packing her bags moving out before she can even work out where the nearest target is.

WHEN Gina gets the invitation come through the post from one of her friends in some state, she lived in for her final year she was surprised, she hadn't really thought she made that much of an impact of the students of East High but as she is about to bin it, she realises she's always wanted to be part of a group, a family. she decides to quickly send a response to Jet, she remembers him briefly in the summer semester the eric to her ariel in the little mermaid, she knew this didn't translate off screen, he was a devoted boyfriend to Kourtney, the one he is getting engaged to and she was closed off and rude so getting this invite was more of a shock than she ever could realise. When she eventually contacts him back to say she will go to his wedding, she's met with warmness and kindness, she really likes and warms her heart. She's been friends with him ever since.

RICKY as always is late, his signature tagline from friends to colleagues to family is 'am I too late' as there's never an occurrence where he isn't late. He wants to be early though for the wedding, he wants to be there for Kourtney and be the best possible friend for her that she has been for him all the years. Sure, they had a few fights and misunderstandings, like when he dated and then broke up with Nini but that's the past and they are glad there was nothing too sinister between them. He will always cherish his friendship with her, with bonding over Star Wars, while she was a secret fan and they were more open with it there was always a sacred bond between them, or how they helped each other with their anxiety with the fear of change of leaving school and going to the unknown. Regardless for any situation they were there for each other through thick and thin.

WHICH is why it is NOT his fault this morning for this night train, it is not! He needed to find a cat sitter for his cat Cheddar and he also needed to pack, even though he knew about this for months he still wasn't the most organised person in the world. He would one day, he is sure of it, just when that is the question. At least the wedding isn't for another few days so he has a while before havoc can be set loose. Eventually, he finds his friend Antione, who is more than willing to look after Cheddar, no matter how many protests he heard from Val about how 'they shouldn't trust him' or 'i'm sure he's not even French!' But that can't matter anymore he has approximately to get to the station in 15 mins before the train departs and he won't ever get to Kourtney's wedding, and she won't ever forgive him.

GINA is never late; she has never been arriving for anything at least an hour ahead. She must always be on time it's just in her blood from her mother, she must keep pushing to be the best possible person and never ever be late.

"The best opportunity goes to the ones who are early not the ones late Gina."

THAT'S why she must make sure she is always early, and has arrived at the station an hour early, with her sunglasses on to make sure she doesn't get recognised by any member of the public as she is not in the mood to be recognised today. She just wants to read her book in peace without people asking her a million times for a selfie or "can you do a TikTok with me". She just wants to read her book and get on to this wedding. She initially was going to fly there but there were no tickets available until the journey home, so this midnight train is the only answer she has left.

EVENTUALLY after the waiting around it is finally time to board onto the train, she can get into her carriage and not see a soul until she arrives at the wedding destination, she looks briefly at her watch 8 hours' time. She is finally relaxed, a book in hand, her pink headphones placed perfectly on her ears ready for the train to depart the station. When she looks up and a boy panting for air like a dog after running up a hill chasing the same ball repeatedly. His wet curls are dripping onto her stuff. She sees him smiling like a Cheshire cat, but his eyes locked in confusion. She imagines she looks the same, but probably angrier. But rightfully so, how dare he be in HER cabin.

"What are you doing in my carriage, do you want an autograph or something?"

SHE'S used to crazy fan encounters and she's usually fine with her fans interacting with her but today, not today she isn't she just wanted peace and quiet for the first time in her life.

"Autograph...? Why would I want your autograph?"

"because of" she waves her hand across her face and body with a fake smile on her lips "who I am, duh!"

HIS face doesn't contort into a sudden 'ohhh' or any 'omg I love you' she's used to hearing his face remains confused the smile dropping from his lips then suddenly a lightbulb moment goes across his face. 'Bingo' she thinks, hopefully this is it and she can carry on after a stupid selfie.

"SOFIA WYLIE!!!!"
NOW her face is contorted into confusion and he's back smiling like a Cheshire cat who had been given his milk, he goes onto explain how he loved her in so many projects like the school for good and evil or High school musical the musical the series, which is wayyy too long of a title she thinks, as he mentions he's from Utah himself and is so weird seeing the school he used to go be on television.

"-but yes, I am a huuuuge fan! Please please can I take a selfie with you!"

HIS hands are now begging for her to take a selfie, which now places her in a difficult situation, does she admit that this big shot of a movie actor isn't her? or does she play along with it? She doesn't want to crush the dreams or take away the magical moment he's having with her but not really her. She plasts on a fake smile and agrees to take a selfie. But just as he puts his camera in the air peace signs already on both of their hands.

"wait a minute.... You aren't Sofia, are you?"

SHE'S confused as his face drops, and he lowers himself onto the seat opposite her, a thud can be heard ringing in their now silent cabin other than the whips of the wind of the world moving past them.

"how could you tell....?"

"stupid! stupid! stupid!"

"hey, you're not stupid, just... confused."

"sorry. I could tell by your mannerisms, something wasn't the Sofia I knew well, I don't know but what I think I know of her".

"no, I'm sorry to disappoint."

"it's okay could've been worse. Anyway Hi, I'm Ricky"

HE sticks out his hand to shake, with his smile back on his face only this time it looks more relaxed, and the smile seems less forced, she returns with her hand out and more of a genuine smile on her face too.

"Gina... but I got to ask why are you in my carriage?"

HIS face drops into the same confusion he had once before as he digs out his ticket.

"Nope! This is mine, carriage 15 seat number G. sure you're not in mine?"

SHE digs into her own pocket producing her ticket carriage 15 seat number B exactly what both of their carriage says above them. They are both in right carriage, both where they are supposed to be. It's just not exactly the journey, she wanted.

————-————-———𝓃ℴ𝓉ℯ𝓈————-————-————-
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ☑️

hello again! hope you liked chapter one ! only a short one and it's only going to get longer from now on!

STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY ALWAYS!

INSTAGRAM; syxlivas
TWITTER/X: sofiasbassett

Continue lendo

Vocรช tambรฉm vai gostar

595K 49.4K 24
Indian Chronicles Book III My Husband, My Tyrant. When Peace Becomes Suffocation. Jahnvi Khanna has everything in her life, a supporting family, a hi...
287K 33.1K 83
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. ๐Ÿ”ฅโค๏ธ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...
3M 109K 31
"Stop trying to act like my fiancรฉe because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...