October Boyfriend

By benandmirandalover

Miranda accidentally wishes for a boyfriend and Zara the sorceress makes it happen. More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9

3

371 32 5
By benandmirandalover

Ben woke up the next morning and looked towards the other side of his bed. It was completely different from how he woke up yesterday. Miranda was lying on his chest and her leg was thrown across his. Checking the time he slid out of bed and got up to make breakfast again and to prepare her lunch.

"Ahh shit." Miranda jumped coming into the kitchen fully dressed and ready for work. She should have been prepared to see him, but she thought yesterday was a dream.

"Are you going to scream every time you see me?" Ben asked raising an eyebrow.

"No, this is going to take a while for me to get used to." Miranda waved.

"Ok. I made you a breakfast sandwich and coffee. I put it in this travel mug so it will stay hot for a while. I also made your lunch, it has silverware and napkins packed inside." He listed out, then pointed to the lunch box.

Miranda smiled lightly, now this she could get used to.

"Thanks, Ben. I guess I will see you when I get home."

"What time do you get off? I was thinking we could go out to dinner tonight."

Miranda wanted to roll her eyes, but she refrained. "I don't know, my hours are iffy."

"Iffy?"

"Not predictable."

"Ok got it."

"Where would one find that word?"

"The dictionary."

"Thanks."

After Miranda left Ben took a shower and got dressed for work. Today was his first day at Seattle Grace and he was nervous. He met with the department head and they toured him around. He had two surgeries he was scheduled for today and the rest would be simple procedures.

"Excuse me miss? Can you tell me where the OR board is?"

"New here?"

"Yes, Today's my first day. I did a tour but I can't remember exactly where that was."

"It's okay. It took me a week to figure it out myself."

"It's on the 3rd floor by the nurses station."

"Thank you so much."

"What department are you in?"

"Anesthia."

"Wow Ok."

"Why do you look shocked?"

"Because most anesthesiologists are old."

"Ah, I see." He laughed. "That is true. 72 % of all anesthesiologists in the US are 40 are up." He replied after checking his database.

"Right. They don't look as good as you do either." She flirted.

Ben smiled. He believed that she was flirting with him. It kind of made him feel good, but then it didn't because he was with Miranda.

"Thank you for the compliment. Have a great day."

As he was walking up to the board he stopped in his tracks, staring at the side of Miranda. She really was a beautiful woman. Her hair was tied back in a ponytail and she was holding charts. Walking over he stood beside her just looking for his name on the board. Deciding not to say anything he found his name and walked over to the nurses station.

"B. Warren," Miranda repeated confused, looking at the name under anesthesiologist for her exploratory laparoscopy.

Miranda turned her head getting ready to hand her charts in and that's when she saw him. She looked him up and down in his blue scrubs and she had to admit that was a turn-on. He made those look extremely good. His brown skin contrasted against the navy blue. If she wasn't mad at him for stalking her she would have maybe complimented him, but instead, she did the opposite. Marching over she grabbed his arm roughly.

"What are you doing here?"

"Working." Ben countered confused once again.

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to work here?"

"Why not?"

"Because you are not real. Just because you possess the knowledge of a doctor does not mean you are one."

"I am one.. says my 16 thousand hours of clinical training." He gritted. "See you in surgery. Dr. Bailey."

"Benjamin don't walk off." She yelled and then bit her lip because people were now staring.

"I have patients to tend to Dr. Bailey." He replied, never turning around.

Miranda walked into the OR and began scrubbing in. She watched from the window as Ben talked to the patient while setting up his anesthetics. When she finished she walked into the room and held her arms up above the sterile field.

"Dr. Bailey. I've been looking for you." Mark rushed out, holding a mask over his face.

"Yes, Sloan."

"I already got the patient's permission. I want to do the skin graft while she's already under so we can start the healing process early and she doesn't have to be put under twice."

"Oh great. That's fine. Set him up for a skin graft, please." She instructed the nurse.

"Thank you." Mark nodded before, backing up to scrub in.

She wanted to tell Ben that a skin graft would add at least 30 more minutes to the surgery, but she didn't. She was hoping that he could adjust quickly to those types of changes. She didn't know what he was capable of and how he could do this job. Mark scrubbed in and came into the room. He looked over at Ben, never seeing him before he assumed that he was who the nurses were speaking of today.

"So Dr. Warren. How do you like it so far? I've been hearing about you all day via nurses. You're stealing my thunder." Mark joked and Miranda rolled her eyes.

"I think it's a great place to work, especially being in the same building as my girlfriend." He said seriously with a smile.

"Who's your girlfriend?" Mark questioned.

"Dr. Miranda Bailey," Ben answered confidently.

Miranda's eyes widened and she felt her cheeks heat up. "Ignore him. We are not dating." She said quickly.

Mark smirked at her and shook his head. "How long have you two been dating?"

"Officially October the 1st."

"Congrats Bailey. I'll keep it a secret."

"I highly doubt that. He is not my boyfriend."

"So just someone you're seeing?"

"No, I don't see him."

"We see each other every day. We even live together."

"Stop talking Ben." She hissed. "You know what everyone stop talking, let's just work. That's what we are here to do."

After the surgery was over Miranda walked out and began to wash her hands. She looked back into the now-empty OR and saw Ben sitting there putting the tools into the correct bins. Irritated with him still, she walked back into the room.

"Benjamin."

"You're upset and don't say you're not upset because--"

"You can read me."

"Yes." He nodded.

"You told the biggest gossiper in this damn hospital that we were dating that's why I'm mad.

"I just told him the truth. I like seeing you here. Statistically 76.13% of people who work with someone they know, are happier and perform better at work."

"I don't need statistics Ben."

"Sorry, I will try not to do that."

"What exactly are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know you are a man, but you seem like a robot. No offense."

"None taken I am a computer."

"What? Are you serious?"

"Yes, it's true. I was created for you and to learn and interact with the world as a human, but deep down, I'm still a machine."

"This sounds like something out of a Frankenstein story."

"It does, but I promise I won't go on any electricity-stealing rampages. I'm just a computer with a heart."

Miranda laughed and tilted her head at him. "I'm a private person. Stop telling people we are together."

"Ok. I won't do it again."

"Thank you."

"Have a good day Benjamin."

"You too... wait can I sit with you at lunch today?"

"No."

"You need to update your vocabulary."

"Uh, rude. There's nothing wrong with my vocabulary."

"Then why do you say no so much?"

"Because it's an answer to a question. It's a noun."

"Yes. But you're in the act of answering which is a verb. Also, no is considered an adverb and adjective."

"Thank you for the English lesson. I have work to do." She sneered, before walking out of the room.

Ben walked into the cafeteria and he looked around. He saw Miranda sitting in her seat eating her lunch. He was glad she enjoyed what he made.

"Hey Dr. Warren," the woman from earlier waved, ushering him over.

"Hey, you know my name?" Ben asked.

"Yeah, it's on your jacket."

Ben looked down and chuckled. "Have a seat," she gestured.

"How did your surgery go?"

"It went well. No complications."

"That's great." She smiled.

"I didn't get your name earlier?"

"Oh, it's Ivy."

"Ivy, that's beautiful," Ben replied, looking through a catalog of plants and different meanings in his mind.

"Thank you and I know that yours is Ben, but is it shortened?" She asked gesturing to his jacket again.

"You're very observant... it's Benjamin, but Ben is fine."

Ivy laughed at his comment"Ok Ben tell me about yourself."

"What do you want to know?"

Miranda looked over at Ben and the woman he was sitting with and she stared. They seemed to be engrossed in a conversation and were getting along well. Suddenly two other women came to the table and Ben stood to pull their chairs out.

"Ben, these are my friends. This is Kathy and Naomi, Kathy is a pediatric nurse and Naomi is an ob-gyn. Ladies this is Doctor Warren an anesthesiologist."

"Hi, it's very nice to meet you," Ben responded shaking their hands.

"Nice to meet you too. We're all getting lunch."

"I have never been through a line before," he admitted.

"You have never been to the mall? It's the like that."

"No, I haven't." He responded seriously.

"Oh okay wow. I can go get you some food. They have salads. Pizza, chicken sandwiches, hamburgers. Fruit and vegetables."

"Okay thanks, I'll have a chicken sandwich with a small salad and a bottle of water."
"Okay got it," Ivy said standing with the rest of the women.

"Oh take my card and everyone's food Is on me."

"Thank you," they gushed.

Miranda's mouth dropped when the original woman took his black card. "Unh uh," she sighed shaking her head.

Ivy went into the line and grabbed Ben's items and her own. Ben watched everything that she did so he could be prepared to do it in the future. 

"Okay, here you are," Ivy smiled setting the tray down.

Naomi and Kathy took a seat with their trays.
Just as Ben was about to take his black card back from Ivy, Miranda intercepted it in a quick snatch.

"I'll take that," she snapped eyeing the three women before turning to Ben.

"Let me speak to you for a second," she said to Ben before moving out of the table's ear range.

"Hey," Ben greeted.

"What is this about?" Miranda asked holding his card up.

"Oh I was just buying the ladies' lunch," he explained.

"That's not necessary," she told him." I'm keeping this with me since you clearly don't know how to use it,"

"I do know how to use it."

"It was a Misappropriation of funds,"

"I was just being nice,"

"Being nice can get you taken advantage of." Miranda returned putting the card into her pocket.

Ben looked at her strangely and he could read her. She had a mixture of worry, frustration, and jealousy coursing through her.
"I'm going to go eat, I hope you enjoy your food," he replied.

Miranda shoved her hands into her pocket. "Thanks and thank you, hey, why would you make me lunch and not make yourself some?"

"I didn't really think about it. I will just make us both lunch moving forward."

"Okay"

Back at her table Callie and Arizona took a seat. "Aww there's your human toy"

"He's not a toy,"

"Then what is he?" Arizona asked and Miranda knew that Callie had filled her in.

"He's a computer,"

"Wow, so he's robotic,"

"Not robotic in the sense of hard steel. He's a real man but you know how we say that our brain is the computer and control center. His brain is literally a computer. He can search databases and everything. "

"Dam that's neat. Are you two coming around to each other?"

" No, he stays in his room and I sleep in mine. It's just best if we keep our distance."

"He's handsome," Arizona noted. Miranda pursed her lips together and didn't give a response.

"And the ladies love him. He looks like a charmer."

Miranda cut her eyes over to that table again and she felt irritated again.

"Since you don't want him do you think he can find another girlfriend until his time is up? Like is that in the rules."

"No, that's not in the rules and he was made for me so I highly doubt that."

"But the stroll said he has his own thoughts and feelings."

"Do you think I am the all-knower of this stuff? I know that he was made for me and he's attached to me. He knows everything about me. I don't know anything else about this stuff. It's crazy and it's magic."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Baby Mama By Love

Fanfiction

24.6K 749 12
A doctor visit for a routine birth control removal flips her life upside down. Inseminated by a specimen meant for a patient in the next room, now-pr...
12K 171 5
Miranda has a steamy Bucket list that Ben helps her fulfill.
34.4K 1.3K 26
Miranda goes to talk to a therapist after her divorce and it wasn't at all what she thought initially. Things get passionate, deep and ultimately mes...
19.5K 682 13
Long time friends Ben and Miranda decide to have a child together without becoming a couple. After becoming involve with each other they secretly ha...