Gmailing You

By _amxnx_

The days when no technology existed, love was written on letters, eyes were met, hands were frequently intert... More

1. Save Your Tears
2. Those Eyes, Oh God
3. Cherry Blossom Fall
4. Starlight and Moons
5. A Betrayed Heart
6. Vanilla Ice Cream
7. Bittersweet
8. Just Friends
9. Stolen Hugs & Kisses
10. London
11. Ramen Night
12. Best Friend's Love
13. Such A Tease
14. Apple Bites
15. Theif Of Hearts
16. Lift Your Arms
17. Eyes On You
18. Take My Hand
19. Sunsets and Secrets
20. Stuck With You
21. Garden Of Butterflies
22. The Wrong Mail
23. Home Alone
24. The Second Chance
25. Magic Of Melon
26. Falling All In You
27. Hugs & Cuddles
28. Take Me With You
29. Trails Of Love
30. Bed Sharing
31. Camera Beauty
32 . Obsessed Bunny
33. Confession Reveal
34. Wrong Timing Right Person
35. Survival Of The Fittest
36. Bunny Gurl
37. Don't Run Away
38. Bandit Of Love
39. Flowers & Her
40. Steps To Hell
41. Sunshine & Beaches
42. Jealousy Is A Disease
43. Humpty Dumpty
45. Surprise Kitten
46. Missed Bus
47. Taennie
48. My Only One
49. Love Circus
50. Kill For Love
51. The Unexpected
52. Enchanted
53. Birthday Boy

44. Bonfire

328 33 12
By _amxnx_

"I want to be with you, it is as simple and
as complicated as that."

_

What do you mean?" Jungkook is confused as he's getting dragged by you to the bonfire. There are mats surrounding the wood logs. Stars spread in the sky. The logs were arranged by Nam Joo. Jennie is helping arrange drinks in the tin. The small kids rushing and playing around. The adults take their seats.

It's chilly until the fire gets lit. And there's lightning in the dark environment. Sparks of light enchant the darkness.

"What?" You still have your arm linked with Jungkook's. It's chilly and you take the chance of the situation. Cling onto him more. "We're gonna have a little talent show and I want you here."

The words comfortably come out without any hesitation or stuttering. You meant it and you're not shying away. Keeping it straightforward for him.

Jungkook can't take his eyes off you. He's staring and you can feel it. But you don't look up yet. You'll be caught red if he catches you. So, you bury your head under his large arms. "Come, let's go." You lower your hand from his arm and clasp your palms in his.

And they're so warm. So familiar to you. It feels like you're back home after a long vacation. Jungkook holds them more firmly and follows you as you take a seat next to Jennie.

Shortly, Nam Joo takes his seat next to him. Hands him a can of beer and he appreciates it. Won't come to arguing like he always does. Settles on the fact that Nam Joo didn't mean any harm, but it didn't mean he wasn't careful. He was.

You're wrapping a warm blanket around you and Jennie. Hands warming up in the heat. Sweet giggles and laughs, sweetening the mood.

Jungkook got his knees slightly touching yours. You press your arms next to his. And bend slightly on him to lean on him. And Jungkook wants nothing but to get you in his lap. But of course, he doesn't. You don't push him further.

"Alright, show them talents." Your mom is pouring a glass of soju for herself, "I heard Jungkook loves poetry. Can you make us listen to a few lines of them?" Your mom is glowing with expectations and Jungkook would never decline your mom.

He softly smiles, takes a little sip of a beer can, and settles it down near his feet. Warms his hand. Smiles to himself again. Brushes his hair and tucks it behind his ear.

You're so madly driven by his beauty that you've forgotten how to breathe. You can never get used to him looking so enchanting and beautiful.

"So, I read this somewhere..." he rests his hands on the mat and takes a deep breath. Head thrown back. Everyone has their eyes on him. Curious and eager to know what's coming.

He shuts his eyes, recollects, and opens them. Glances once at you and then at the audience.

You wrap yourself in the blanket warmly and listen to him intently as he starts.

"Until the stars burn out and all the world's end..."

Oh, you're so not ready for this.

"Until the planets collide and the sun withers..." his eyes are so shiny with the flames sparkling in them.

"Until the moon's light dies and the rivers and the seas run out..." Jungkook is calm as he speaks. Each word is so clear to everyone. It's just his voice and heart talking loudly.

He flutters his eyes and takes the next words. "Until I grow so old that my memories fade away and my tongue cannot say your name..." his eyes find yours again and you're so awestruck.

"Until my heart beats for the last time, only then perhaps I would stop loving you. Perhaps."

Oh God.

This man was made with love. Lots of love. And you're crying. Each word is meant for you. It's hitting you. You wanna get lost. Lost in him and never get found. Get deep buried in him. You could never reach the level of love he had for you.

Loud claps and whistles take over the silence, and you're coming back to your reality. Jennie is clapping impressively. She is astounded. So taken aback. "He's so good." She tells you. "The girl he will love will be so damn lucky." She makes sure to mention it.

You feel your heart quicken up. Have an eye contact with Jungkook. So much to say yet not being able to.

"Mr Jeon brought him up so well." One of your aunts compliments Jungkook's dad and suddenly his dad is adjusting his collar. Laughing. Proud "In my era, I was so like him."

Jungkook's mom giggles and slaps her husband's arm. Warns him there are kids, and he puts a finger on his lips only to smile widely either way and laugh out loud.

On the other side, your dad is poking your mom's arm, and she's covering her mouth to hide that wide grin. Surprised by all the teasing your dad is doing. There's love in the air, romance peering out of everyone. Couples giggling and shying away.

And you are sitting beside Jennie and Jungkook. Feeling so much. Feeling so close and yet so far.

Until Jungkook decides to bend a little near to you. Have his lips graze your ears. "Do you recognize those lines?" He whispers and his voice enters deep inside your nervous system, shaking you up. He's referring to the lines he said to you.

The lines. Of course.

It was from the book you gifted him on his ninetieth birthday. It's so so so unexpected how he remembered the lines so well.

It's been how many years? Seven years since he read it. Since he fell for you. And damn, it's turning you into a manic. Jeon Jungkook has fallen first head-on for you. Way before you could even realize it.

You nod, eyes softening for him. "I was written for you and you for me. The writer of all writers had ordered us to be."

You're reciting one of the lines from the book and Jungkook is having his brows crease up slowly.

Oh, he can't take this.

"I shall not gaze at another but keep praying for each other..." You're so sweet. The words are whispers just for him to hear. And he wants to kiss those lips reciting them for him.

"You are my peace, my friend and beloved. In your eyes, I see home, and that is where I shall end." You glance at his lips and then into his eyes.

Jungkook's jaw is clenched, and hands clasped tightly in a fist. He wants to grab your face and kiss you hard. Why can't he? Why can't he just be yours? Why was it not easy? Why was love testing his patience? Why make it so hard when it was so easy to love you?

It was so so so not fair. The world was unjust for him. Hated it. Hated the world that did not include being with you.

Nam Joo takes Jungkook's attention. Gives him a cooked marshmallow to eat. Distracts him. Noticed Jennie by paying a little attention to you and Jungkook.

"This is tasty, isn't it?" Nam Joo blabbers nonsense as one of your family members is acting their play. Entertaining everyone with their talents.

They distributed the marshmallows to everyone.

Jungkook is merely paying attention to Nam Joo. Thankful about how he got saved. He twirls the marshmallow stick around his fingers and takes a small bite. Hums. Gives him a thumbs up.

"It's good."

"You're too."

"Ew, shut up." Jungkook cringes and Nam Joo laughs. Pats his shoulders and aggressively nods. "Alright alright." He jokes. Likes teasing him always.

Jungkook is side-eying him and Nam Joo is smiling. "Don't worry, I'm leaving tomorrow." And Jungkook's demeanour changes. His tightened brows lose up and his face drops. Like it upsets him.

Nam Joo is chuckling, now looking at Jungkook's face. Noticing the details, he did not see coming. "What?" He is amazed. "Will miss me?" And Jungkook's softened face turns into a stone face with an eye roll. He shakes his head and continues to heat his palms in the fireplace, giving no care.

Nam Joo pokes his elbows on his arms, and Jungkook is minding his own business.

"Y/n, come here."

That takes Jungkook's attention.

"Me?" You're blinking. Chewing the marshmallows like a softball. "Of course, bestie." Nam Joo is being so sweet in his words. It not only reaches your soul, but it does Jungkook's too.

Jungkook is sneaking his hand in yours. Slowly. Intertwining them in his and burying them in his pockets. You're so confused. Your doe's eyes staring so dumbed.

Jungkook is looking down at you. Reading that innocence on your face.

"Please don't look at me like that." He's whispering and your lips pull out and brows crease together. "Hm?" You want to be such a baby to him. Want him to take care of you. To hold you close. To protect you. To adore you.

"God, Y/n."

"You were saying something to me?" You glance at Nam Joo. Still got your fingers clasped with Jungkook's. Give them a firm grip and Jungkook is feeling things.

"I have a few marshmallows. You want some?" He asks digging the bag and you nod, "Sure, give it to me." You don't move. Bend forward. Try to take it from him. Graze through Jungkook's lips and his breathing has fastened.

You spare him a few seconds of look, "What, can't handle this much?" You whisper it to him and he's dead. You sniffle a laugh when you notice him turning pale.

Oh, he was so gone.

You bury your head down only to find a little flower. Pluck it. It's a white small daisy. Very small. Twirl it in your fingers and look around, finding no one looking at you. Casually put it behind Jungkook's ear and he's flinching.

You flinch at his flinch.

He's so taken aback. You're too.

His eyes find the little daisy in your fingers and the way quickly his eyes find yours. You were tucking a damn flower behind his ear. Dear God.

"Give it a rest," Jungkook whispers sternly. "Don't be so dangerous." He looks around before coming back to you. "And so..." he sneakily takes the flower from you.

"... romantic." He keeps the flower in his pocket. Blushes.

You grin. Nod. Decline. "I'll adore you." You lean on his shoulders and press your cheeks against them. Intertwine your fingers with his inside his pocket.

Jungkook is still holding his sanity. You're playing with him or you've...

Jennie is minding her own business. Not interested in talking. She's busy with the aunt who is giving her tips on how to become a pro at cooking. And she's listening so intently. So interested.

You take the marshmallows from Nam Joo and take a bite of one. Bite a minor part of one of it and leave half of it out. Direct your lips towards Jungkook and ask him if he wants to share it with you. To take a bite of it.

Jungkook is so so so so not understanding how and why you're getting so bold. Innocence was good on you, but this? Jesus, he is about to become a heart patient.

"Did some wiring in your brain tangle or something?" He is genuinely concerned. Eyes all tensed. One was okay. Twice was accepted. But third? The third time is intentionally done.

And Jungkook doesn't really wanna come to believe it so soon that you've chosen him and that you have made up your mind. It is too soon, or maybe he just can't come to believe it yet.

"No, Kook." Your eyes are shining. The eyes that look at him when in love. Oh, he recognizes them so badly. He was craving for it. Right now, he was meeting them. And he feels like he's about to cry.

"Can you give me a kiss?" You're asking him in such a pleasing manner he can't help but eternally lock his lips with yours. Give it all to yours to keep. Even if he will turn mute. Can't say no words. Everything surrendered to you. Has already given you his heart. Anything else was a pin.

He is begging you at this point. "Please, Y/n."

You frown. "Why not?"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, love."

"Shit. Don't call me that."

"Why, love?"

"C–cause—God I will start to hope for things."

You nod. "You can hope for things. Be certain. And lock it." Jungkook looks away. Brushes fingers through his hair. Licks his lips. Frowns. Takes it in. Glances back at you.

"Mean it?"

"With all of my heart."

"Is that a promise?"

"No."

"Then?"

"Promises are meant to be broken."

"And?"

"Efforts are better than promises."

"So you mean—"

"HAPPPYYY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!"

And there's a big blast. Sparkles everywhere. Confetti's flying mid-air. And there's a big cake following with the other six heads slowly coming out of the shadows.

"Oh, look, there he is."

"Damn, he has grown hair."

"—oh look at those studs."

"Wow, Y/n is there too."

"My, my, they look so good."

"Yah hurry."

"He's so dumbfounded."

"CAREFUL THE CAKE WILL FALL."

"Oh, it won't."

"YAAAHH—IT'S SLIPP–"

"—God stop screaming."

"It did not slip."

"What in the world?" Jungkook is surprised and confused and gone. He nudged his eyes and blinked rapidly to see what if he was seeing was true.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU JUNGKOOK. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU." And you immediately join the ones singing. Namjoon, Yoongi, Jin, Hobi, Taehyung and Jimin.

It's his birthday?

What?

Is it already twelve?

Did his friends come here to celebrate his birthday?

Did you decide to choose him on this auspicious day?

Was this your surprise?

He can't take it.

Is his birthday for real?

Can't think straight,

but if it was,

This was the best one.

+++

He's about to leave for a year and I can't take it. Gonna miss his lives so badly. Gid gid sksjsjsjsjds

Okay okay, there's so much to say. I don't know where to start. First and foremost. Yes, I've reached safely. It is been two days. The jet lag didn't affect me much. Gladly.

Second, in these two days of travel and three days of adjustment, I've seen lots and lots of new readers come. I am still processing it. So happy to have you here in this space. Hope you are loving the book so far. Let me know by a cute vote and comment ;)

Also, the remaining tannies are leaving T T can't believe it yet. Their short hair is so much to take. Crying.

I'll update the new chappp asaaaap. Hope u liked this oneee. Things are coming to a close soon, aren't they??

YEPYEP ANYWAY HAVE A GREAT DAY. BEWARE KF THE COLD. STAY WARM. LOVE YOU.

Muah

Amxnx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 76.8K 58
"Just follow my lead, and we'll learn this together." βœ” Β©BadBusanBxtchesOnly 2018 Started: 9/21/2018 Ended: 4/24/2019 1M reads 8/5/2021 πŸ’œπŸ’œ **πŸ₯‰3RD...
180K 6.8K 27
"hey, it's me jungk-" "i'm sorry but i don't know you" in which jeon jungkook had fall in love with a girl who had an amnesia. Β©jecngguks
8K 456 26
❝ who are we to say that we are never meant to be together? we are not God. ❞ jeon jungkook idol x underground fighter au ©jiggukae 2021
604K 13.6K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.