As The Rain Stops (Slow updat...

By bubbillette

"Two exes, a child, and their not-so-typical family love story." | Tales Of Teyvat #1 || Wriothesley x Neuvil... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Special Chapter
Eight
Nine
Ten
Neuvillette Day!
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Hello!
Nineteen

Four

1.1K 40 12
By bubbillette

"The stars are beautiful, aren't they?"

"Yes, they are, but you know who's more beautiful?"

"The view of the sea?"

"Nah, of course you are." 

As the latter said those words, he became a blushing mess. They've been together for years, yet the latter's  'cheesy' side always appears unpredictable for him... He can never know when he will say something cheesy.

"I'm not beautiful."  The latter's forehead creased as he hold his chin to make him at the latter.

"Who said that? Did Navia said that? Or maybe Clorinde? Or Charlotte?"  The latter asked, "Or is it Furina?"  he added.

He chuckles and hold the latter's hand, "None of them, I just thought of that."  He said.

"Well, stop with your wrong and nonsense thinking."  The latter said. He then kiss the tip of the other's nose, and smile at him,

"You're the most beautiful man I've ever seen, and no matter what happens you're the only beautiful person I will ever love, do you understand, my Neuvillette?" He said as he stare at his glistening eyes,

Neuvillette nods as tears roll down to his cheeks, "I understand. And only you will I ever love, my Wriothesley."  He said.

Wriothesley smiles again. He wipe off the tears out of Neuvillette's cheeks, and give his lips a peck,

"No matter what happens?"

"No matter what happens."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A new morning comes, the city is slowly becoming busy as establishments are starting to open up.

At this kind of time, Neuvillette was supposed to be at his office, drinking his morning coffee or tea, while reading some cases.

But today is unlike any those days as he is still in bed sleeping soundly. 

Wriothesley, on the other side, was busy preparing breakfast not just for him, but also for his guest.

He decided that he will fetch Sigewinne later in the afternoon, for he wants to take care of his guest first.

He's humming a Fontainian song, when someone suddenly interrupt him,

"Wrio...thesly?"

Wriothesley stop and turn his head to where the voice came from.

"Good Morning, Monsieur Neuvillette."  He greeted with a smile plastered on his face.

"H-how did I end up here? D-did something happened to me last night?" Neuvillette confusedly asked.

"Well, last night I saw you on the street, standing there while staring at the night sky."  He said,  "I suspect that you're drunk for your face is red and you're not in your own self when answering my questions,"  he added.

"And you brought me in here?" 

Wriothesley nods, "My apologies for bringing you here. The Palais Mermonia is way too far, and my place is the only nearest option."  He reason out.

Neuvillette become silent. He can't help but to mentally facepalm himself upon recalling every details of the last night's event. 

He didn't expect that he would get drunk. Though he was at the tavern to forget but not to get too drunk, He didn't plan to go stray on the street, and especially, he never planned to be rescued by Wriothesley, a.k.a. his ex that he wants to get over with...

"Here, have some tea." Neuvillette look up and he saw a cup of tea that Wriothesley put infront of him.

"T-thank you."  He answered, "But I should've take my leave. Thank you for bringing me here."  He added.

"Have some breakfast first before you leave."  Wriothesley suggested.

"No, thank you. I don't want to bother you anymore."  He said.

"You're never a bother to me, Neuvillette." Wriothesley softly said. This cause Neuvillette to fluster and look away as he felt his cheeks burning.

What should I do? I can't be stuck here with Wriothesley.

"Ahem, fine I'll just take my leave after we eat breakfast."  He said earning a sweet smile from Wriothesley.

"Great! You can take a sit, and I'll serve our breakfast in a minute."  He said.

"But I should help you-" he got cut as he was about to reach the plates,

"No need, you're my guest so let me serve you. And besides aren't your head aching? I think you've drunk too much last night."  Wriothesley said.

Once again, Neuvillette's face turns red, "I- Surprisingly it's not aching."  he murmured but it was loud enough to be heard by Wriothesley.

"That's good to know."  He said then he turn of the stove, "Say, are you drinking with someone last night?"  he asked with a tiny bit of hint of upset voice.

Neuvillette's forehead creased, "Do I have someone with me last night?"  He asked to himself before realizing that he is indeed with someone last night.

His eyes widen upon this realization, "Navia!" 

"What's with her?" Wriothesley confusedly asked.

"She's with me last night!" Neuvillette panics as he started to bit his lower lip due to his developing anxiety. He's starting to worry about his friend. "I-I need to know if she's alright!"  he worriedly said and was about to run off when a hand caught his waist and holds his face,

"Calm down, baby~Neuvillette knows what he heard. He heard it clearly.  'Baby'  one of Wriothesley's endearment to him when they are still together.

That endearment used to calm him before, and it is still working until now.

Neuvillette calm down as he close his eyes upon feeling the soft rubbing of his ex-lover's thumb on his cheeks.

"Everything is fine, same goes with Navia. I'm sure Melus and Silver take her home last night, so you don't have to worry, hmm?"  Wriothesley's voice is full of assurance causing Neuvillette to feel something familiar, again.

The familiar feeling when Wriothesley said he's the only one he will ever love.

Though is this lawfully right? His feelings for this married man, is it valid?

Is it right to let his guards down, and let his ex-lover be this close to him while holding his waist and cheeks, and smiling lovingly at him?

Of course it is not lawfully right!

But for Neuvillette, who have been longing for Wriothesley for a very long time, he can't help himself but to savor this intimate moment with him.

Is it okay to be selfish, just for once?

"Yes, y-you're right." Neuvillette said, as he open his eyes and stare at Wriothesley's. "Though I can't help but to still worry about her."  He added.

"I told you, stop worrying. Navia is safe and sound." Wriothesley said and unexpectedly he kiss Neuvillette's forehead.

He then close his eyes as a single drop of tears escape from it, "You shouldn't do this. You shouldn't kiss my forehead, you shouldn't hold my waist and softly rub your thumb on my cheeks, and you shouldn't call me baby to calm me down."  He said as tears continues to roll down on his cheeks, "You're making me want you more, you're making me fall for you harder and deeper."   he whispered.

Seeing Neuvillette in this state makes Wriothesley's heart clenched, he hates seeing the latter cry. He hates it when the latter is hurting because this hurts him too. Because he still loves him.

"Neuvy, I still lov-"

"Don't say that, please."  Neuvillette hold Wriothesley's hand on his cheeks, "You're already with someone else. And both of you already have little Sigewinne. And I never want to  bring chaos or destroy your family, so please stop."  He put down Wriothesley's hand, and create a distant gap between them,

"But it is true, Neuvy, after all these years, I still love you, only you is where my heart belongs to."  Wriothesley said as he tried to hold Neuvillette again, but the latter step back,

"As much as I want to be with you again, I can't. It is lawfully incorrect. I love you too, and I will always do, but things are different now, Wriothesley."  He said, "It is best for everyone if we shouldn't see each other again. I'm sorry, and thank you for taking care of me last night."  He added before walking out of Wriothesley's apartment leaving the man he loves behind.

*****

A little dramatic chapter, hehe~ Anyway, this story reached 150+ reads. Waahhh,  I'm so happy. I never thought that you guys would read this crappy fanfic. 😭 Thank you very much for reading and supporting this fanfic! I love y'all💛

-wriollette-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.9K 2.6K 25
โ ๐˜„๐—ต๐˜† ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—ถ ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐—ด๐—ผ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€? โž โŽฏ wriothesley x f!reader โŽฏ college au , chat fic / text fic , exes to lovers
49.2K 900 34
Wriothesley, a criminal who was arrested at the age of 18 and released 5 years later, began his reputation as the Lord of the Fortress of Meropide, b...
118K 6.7K 91
Wriolette Mafia AU I have no further information about it as of yet. I have no idea where this is going. Enjoy! Picture on the cover belongs to th...
42.4K 1.1K 22
It has been weeks since the prophecy had been fulfilled, and Fontaine had been having constant rain. Wriothesley hasn't been outside the Fortress of...