A Fox Surrounded in Darkness...

By kindheartedshutin

The Madrigals aren't the only family to be blessed with a gift in their Encanto. There is a second family nam... More

Character info
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Not a chapter
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Not a chapter
Chapter 9
Update-not a chapter
Chapter 10- The Rose-Red Tyrant
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Not a chapter
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Not a Chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20- The Usurper from the Wilds
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Questions for the readers
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27- Beanfest
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30- The Merchant from the Depths
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Life update
Jump Scares
Chapter 36- Camp Vargas I
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40- Terror is Trending
Chapter 41- Camp Vargas II
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44- Terror is Trending (cont.)
Not a chapter
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47- Spectral Soiree
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 (April Fools')
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 39

300 18 3
By kindheartedshutin

"Hey, you know class is over, right," a voice called out to a figure. The figure was staring out the classroom window.

"I'm sorry, what," the figure snapped out of their trance.

"I came to get you for lunch," the voice chuckled. "Are you that worried about your friend over at Night Raven?"

"I guess you could say that," the figure sighed and looked back out the window.

"Ah, there you two are," a new person entered the room. "Che'nya, Asher is looking for you. He was going on about you being late to something."

"Well, isn't that something," Che'nya grinned. "I may or may not have missed something important."

"You should go then," the figure stated. Che'nya agreed then vanished.

"I know you're worried about her," the new person said. "If Che'nya had seen her there then that's a good thing."

"How can you be so sure of that," the figure asked, turning away from the window.

"Mirabel, you've got to trust us," the person sighed.

"I do trust you, Neige," Mirabel muttered. "It's just she has been through a lot with Abuela and her family."

"How about we go off campus and get her a few gifts that we can give to her when we see her," Neige suggested.

"I can see her in person," Mirabel was shocked.

"Yes," Neige smiled. "Halloween is coming up and Night Raven does a big event that the public can attend."

"Halloween," Mirabel repeated back in question.

"It's a really big tradition in this world," Neige says. "Let's go shopping and I'll explain more."

⦓Classroom⦔

"I am a purrson arriving in the room," Che'nya stated as he appeared in the classroom. He saw a dorm member of his sitting in one of the benches, doing some work.

"You are 15.8 seconds late," the dorm member said, not bothering to look up from his work. The dorm member had short white hair that framed his face, light blue eyes with a monocle on one eye, and freckles covering his face. "I've heard you made quite the commotion at Night Raven College a while back."

"Oh, that," Che'nya chuckled. "My dear friends were having an unbirthday party that I couldn't bear to miss."

"Next time you go try not to cause too much of a commotion over there," the dorm member sighed. "We wouldn't want you to get in trouble with the headmage."

"Of course, Asher," Che'nya grinned. "Maybe next time, you can come as well. I think Trey will enjoy seeing you again."

"That's what school events are for," Asher shook his head. "Besides, Halloween is right around the corner."

"I wonder what they will do this year," Che'nya wondered out loud.

"I have a feeling it's going to be chaotic," Asher comments. "Anyways, I heard Neige is planning to go off campus with Mirabel to do some shopping, you better go catch up."

"I'll see you on the other side," Che'nya smiles then leaves the classroom.

⦓Craneport- Wharf⦔

"Wow, this place is beautiful," Mirabel looks around the area.

"Yep, it sure is," Neige agreed. "Let's hit a few shops to see if anything catches your eye. I do have a question for you, though."

"Ask away," Mirabel says, looking through the shop windows as they walk.

"You are really close to Y/n and you talk a lot about her," Neige starts off. "But... Let's just say, if there was a way for her to stay in this world and not return to yours, what would you want her to do?"

"I would like her to stay in this world," Mirabel answers without hesitation. "She needs to be away from her rotten family and in Encanto my familia and I can't really help her or keep her safe. Dolores has told me that her family plans on moving back to their homeland with Y/n."

"That's terrible," Neige comments.

"I wonder what's happening at home now..." Mirabel looks up at the sky.

⦓Encanto⦔

"You still can't find them," F/n questioned Alma. They were standing at the entrance of the casita.

"No one has seen them," Alma frowns. "Dolores can't hear any of them."

"This is all Mirabel's fault," F/n was getting angry. "If she would've stayed away from my daughter then no one would be missing."

"I think you're being unreasonable," Alma said. "Your youngest has helped the village, and my family. Maybe they are all hiding her so she'll stay here with us."

"I am not allowing her to stay here," F/n snapped. "She is still a child who needs her family."

"Her father and Abuela are arguing again," Dolores sighs. She was in the village with Camilo and Julieta. "He's very persistent on Y/n leaving with them."

"We can't let them leave with her," Camilo grumbles as he kicks the road.

"I believe they are all safe where they are," Julieta looks up at the sky. "It is hard though having her gone and also all three of my children."

"Bruno's prophecy showed that they will come back," Dolores comforted Julieta. "The only one who won't come back is Y/n, but that is to be expected. It also sees like she's found great people there to look after her."

"It's sad that we won't see her anymore," Camilo frowns.

"Yes, but her safety is more important," Dolores states. "Especially with a family like hers."

"I going to miss that ball of sunshine," Julieta weakly smiles. Dolores and Camilo agree.

Tú eres el que florece desde las sombras...

Lo único que queremos es que seas feliz...

A/n-

Tú eres el que florece desde las sombras... Lo único que queremos es que seas feliz... - You are the one who blossoms from the shadows... We want nothing more then for you to be happy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 263 14
It's been four years since the disaster and beauty of the Madrigal family and their encanto was shown to the village. The family has since become clo...
36.7K 788 24
(Y/N) lost her family in a raid at her home village at the age of 4. While running away, she came upon, Casita, the house of the Madrigals. She is ac...
4.5K 131 49
๐ด ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘Ž ๐‘”๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘™ ๐‘ก๐’‰๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘”๐‘œ๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘Ž ๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘“๐‘“๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘“๐‘’๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’?... ๐‘…๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ...
612K 15.3K 31
What happens when a child, not born into the Madrigal family, discovers the powers that they hold... a gift, if you will? Keep reading to find out...