The Monsters in Sleepy Hollow

By Lotus_Horizon

(Y/N) Van Helsing, on of the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing, the man who defeated Dracula hundreds of yea... More

Chapter 0: The Last Van Helsing
Chapter 1: Aleera
Chapter 2: Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 3: Unkindness
Chapter 4: A Learning Experience
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Weep Now, or Never More
Chapter 7: Verona
Questions
Chapter 8: Monsters
Chapter 9: Taking Action
Chapter 10: The Hound of Baskerville
Chapter 11: Hunter and Witch
Profile #1
Chapter 12: Conflicted
Chapter 13: Marishka
Chapter 14: A Black Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 15: Expanding Minds
Chapter 16: The Comedy and Tragedy of Van Helsing
Your Dream Women: Act 1
Chapter 17: Night's Bane
Chapter 18: Woe is Me
Chapter 19: The Longing Sorcerer
Chapter 20: The Old Hunter
Chapter 21: Annihilation
Chapter 22: I Miss the Misery
Chapter 23: Sins of the Mother
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: Awaken
Chapter 26: Pan!c at the Café
Profiles #2
Chapter 27: A Heated Reunion
Chapter 28: Predatory Instincts
Chapter 28.5: Thank You
Chapter 29: Fall From Grace Weary Angel
Chapter 30: Anne Lorraine
Chapter 31: You Have Power, Nothing More
Art Chapter
Chapter 32: Bloody Tears
Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 34: Happy Endings
Art Chapter for Act 2
Chapter 35: The Lone Van Helsing
Chapter 36: It Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 37: Who is (Y/N) Van Helsing?
Chapter 38: Good Intentions
Questions for Act 2
Chapter 39: New Places, New Faces
Halloween Art
Chapter 40: The Monsters in Salem
Chapter 41: Suzume Akiyama
Chapter 42: Down
Chapter 43: Everything Is(n't) Fine
Chapter 45: Tea With A Doll
Chapter 46: Road Trip
Chapter 47: The Eve of Halloween
Chapter 48: Prophet
Chapter 49: Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Now You See Me
Chapter 51: Homecoming

Chapter 44: Beloved

1.2K 75 23
By Lotus_Horizon

Y/N: Marishka?

  You stared at her as she looked back at you with a cold gaze.

Y/N: No. . . this is all in my head. . . you're not really here. How would you even know where I was.

Marishka: You aren't that hard to track. But I expected you to be on some grand adventure. Not cowering away in ANOTHER small town. But, old habits I guess. Running and hiding from your problems where you think we can't reach you. Yet, here is your problem. Right here.

Y/N: You were never my problem.

Marishka: Really? 

  She traces her claw over the scar on her neck.

Marishka: That didn't stop you from trying to kill me and my sisters. To think, after we accepted you into our family. But even you should know, never bury your enemies alive. I don't plan to with you.

  You put your claws away as you walk closer to her. You walk closer as you see her extend her own claws. You walk closer to her slowly.

Y/N: Marishka. You were never my problem. I didn't mean to hurt you or the others. 

  Marishka rushes at you, grabbing you by the neck as she hisses in your face. Baring her fangs at you as you just stare in her eyes. Your chaotic mind was isolated as you just looked her in the eyes. Her grip tightened around your neck as she lifted you in the air.

Marishka: I can't believe I ever loved you. Even with this. . . lesser version of you. 

  She tosses you aside as she readies herself for a fight.

Marishka: Fight me. You didn't hesitate before.

  She rushes at you at high speeds as you ducked under her strike, grabbing her by the wrist and pushing her aside making her stagger a bit. She looks back at you slashing at you. While you didn't care to live, you wanted to live long enough to apologize to her. If she was here now, then the others must be near or something. Even if it was just Marishka, you wanted to try.

  She lashes at you as you grab her arm, kneeing her in the stomach and flipping her over your shoulder. You look down at her as she quickly leaps up to her feet.

Y/N: I don't want to hurt you. I admit, I do want to die. I believe it would make your lives easier, and the lives of everyone around me. But you came here. I don't know why you're here, but I ant you to know, I am sorry. You can kill me if you want. But not until I make things right with your sisters.

Marishka: They will never forgive you. You hurt them, you hurt me! You will only ever be a reminder of the love you stole from us! I knew we should have NEVER let Aleera keep you!

  As she talks, sirens are heard in the distance. You look over the building as Marishka smiles to herself. Wings form from her back as she flies into the air. 

Marishka: IF you truly desire your own death, go ahead. Jump off the building and break your skull open. I'll return to feast on your remains.

  As she goes to fly away, you feel a surge in your body as you leap into the air, digging your claws into her back. You grab her by the hair as you take control of her, turning her hair into a certain direction.

Marishka: GET OFF OF ME!!!

  She quickly spins around to get you off as you dig your claws into her body. You grab her tightly, hugging your arms around her waist as she reaches down, trying to rip your arms from her. You climb up her body as you wrap your arms around her neck.

  Looking down you saw just how high in the air you truly were. Falling from this height was sure to kill you. She spins around making your grip loosen, making you feel nautious as you try to hold onto her. Hugging her tightly.

Y/N: Why can't you just listen to me!

Marishka: You had your chance! I'm not listening to you anymore!

Y/N: Fine!

  You grab her by her hair again forcing her to the ground by any means. Using your other hand to slash at her wings as she let's out cries and screams like a banshee. Which hurt you to hear, but you needed her to fall to the ground and fall to the ground.

  She begins to lose altitude making her fall to the ground. You were happy to be getting closer, but you feel Marishka grab you by your leg as she flies into a nearby forest. she lands, throwing your body into the side of a tree, breaking the tree in half as you feel the air being knocked out of your body.

  You leap to your feet as fast as you can, as she rushes at you again. You duck under her strike as you block her punches. She kicks you as you grab her leg, flipping her over your back and slamming her down to the ground, knocking the wind out of her.

  You mount her and grab her by her neck as this feeling was all too familiar to you. You remember a similar position when you were back in Sleepy Hollow. She takes advantage, grabbing you by your hair, pulling you down as she punches you across the face. Kicking you across the forest floor.

Marishka: We gave you everything! And you tried to kill us all!

Y/N: I never wanted you to kidnap me! If it weren't for you taking me, mother would be alive! WE wouldn't be doing this now!

Marishka: Oh boohoo! Your mommy is dead! Do you want a hug? Well too late for that. We didn't cause her death, and even afterwards we wanted what was best for you! I was willing to do anything for you, and you try to decapitate me!!?! You try to stab Verona in her heart! and even tried to cleave Aleera's out!!!!

  She leaps at you as you grab her hands, spinning her around as you throw her at a tree, but she lands on the bass wit her feet, launching herself at you, forcing you further into the forest.

Y/N: I never wanted to hurt you! I just.  . couldn't control it!

Marishka: Control what!?!? You're real feelings! How you always saw us as beasts for you to purge!?!? You even tried to kill that little witch boy Robin! And that Bloodstone girl! 

Y/N: That was not my fault! You know just as well as I do that Carmilla still has power over me!!!

  She punches you across the face, sending you into the bushes.

Marishka: Then where is she now!!! IT doesn't sound like I'm fighting her! It seems like it's just you, just like it's always been, just the way you like it! You betrayed us all! I wanted nothing but your joy, and even changed! I changed for you! And what do you do!?!

  She rushes into the bushes grabbing you by your face, slamming your head into the side of a tree. 

Marishka: You try to kill me!

*SLAM*

Marishka: You try to kill Verona!

*SLAM*

Marishka: You tried to kill ALEERA!!!

*SLAM*

Marishka: You ruined us! Just to satisfy the old feelings of your dead mother!

*SLAM*

Marishka: Even SHE didn't see us as creatures to hunt by the time she passed! And you know it!

*SLAM*

Marishka: You ALWAYS knew!!! But you didn't care!

*SLAM*

Marishka: I was willing to love you! To give US a chance! But I wasn't good enough for you! 

*SLAM*

Marishka: None of us were!

*SLAM*

Marishka: You broke my heart!

*SLAM*

Marishka: Mine, Aleera's and Verona's!

*SLAM*

Marishka: Even Dracula wasn't so cruel!!! You're more of a monster than any of us!

*SLAM*

Marishka: I-

*SLAM*

Marishka: Hope-

*SLAM*

Marishka: You-

*SLAM*

MArishka: Burn-

*SLAM*

MArishka: In-

*SLAM*

Marishka: HELL!!!

*SLAM*

  On that final slam, the dree is broken from the base as your now bloodied and broken face is left, dripping and pouring with blood. You gag on the broken bones in your throat that were once parts of your teeth. Your nose mangled to the side, your eyes burning with blood dripping form the sockets. Barely able to see. Your jaw hanging open, broken to the side. Luckily your shroud of hair was able to hid your mangled face. 

  But Marishka wasn't done. She grabs you by your neck, slamming you to the ground as she begins to strangle you. Ready to sever the connection your soul had to it's body. You were left choking from the force of her grip and the broken teeth and blood that filled your throat.

Marishka: IT doesn't matter! You want death so badly!? I'll five it to you! It would be better if you suffered! I wish I could keep you alive long enough just to make you feel the pain we felt! That one year of what you did to me hurt WAY MORE than the CENTURES of pain I have lived through! Out of all the years I have lived, this past year hurt the worst!

  You grasp at her hand, trying to break free but then she slams you to the ground, mounting you as she crushes your neck as you grip her wrist to stop it. But you don't bother trying to stop her any further. You let go as you feel yourself ready to just accept your fate. But this feeling felt familiar. Especially as you felt water dripping onto your face.

  You can't help but smile a bit at the memorable feeling. You gag on your words as you try to speak, but the air leaves you, as you feel droplets of water hit your face.

". . . I'm sorry my beloved Dracula. But I cannot kill this child. I tried, I really did want them dead. But, I cannot. Am I getting soft now?"

  Your burning eyes weakly open as you brag Marishka by the collar of her shirt. Punching her across the face.

  You sit up as your jaw manages to snap itself back into place. You spit out the broken teeth as new ones slowly grow in to replace the ones you had lost. You reach up, snapping your nose back into place as the wounds slowly begin to heal. Your face returning to normal as your neck cracks with a loud snapping sound.

  Marishka recovers a bit as you rush at her kneeing her in the face, as hard as you can, right across the jaw, knocking her down. You punch her across the face, forcing her down into the dirt even more. Even raising your foot in the air, and brining it down on her skull. Over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. 

  Stopping yourself as you stand over her now unconscious body.

Y/N: I'm sorry Marishka. I could have ended any fight I was in quickly if I really tried. Even with Suzume, while she is skilled, I wasn't really trying to win all that hard. Even now I admit I wasn't trying too hard to kill you. But you're just as confused in the head as me it seems. I know there must be a way to fix us. . . 

  You think it over for a moment as you fell to the ground. Breathing heavily as you lay on Marishka's chest. You snuggle close to her body as you crawl to her face, pressing your lips against hers, with tears ripping down your face.

Y/N: I'm sorry Marishka. I love you. I really do. I love all of you.

  You continue to kiss her lips as tears drip from your eyes and onto her face. You hold her body close as you wanted nothing more than to never let go. You eventually feel exhaustion set in as you pass out in her grasp. But before you do, use your fangs and bite a part of your lip a bit just to draw blood. All before pressing them against hers one more time.

Y/N: 'Take my blood, and live. After that, do what you will with me.'

"My beloved, Marishka"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.1K 2K 28
We all know the story of how Dracula became a "monster," right? Or at least we think we know the story behind how he came to be the villain that Van...
36.1K 632 26
Dracula and Jamie have known each other for a couple of centuries, even back in 1897 when they continuously defeated Abraham Van Helsing. Then after...
1.2K 219 34
When a mysterious canine attack occurred in the Romanian region of Transylvania, it not only brought the legendary Van Helsing back to a location he...
66.1K 1.5K 25
*currently being re-vamped* Alucard has held many titles in his lifetime, from 'impaler' to the feared 'Dracula'. Throughout his dark history, there...