In My Deep Memory ( IN REWRIT...

By Sandriallana

"Memories are echoes of the past that resonate in our present; they remind us of where we come from and guide... More

Prologue
I- Night Shift
II- Twelve years ago
III- Lost and Found
IV- Tragedy
V- Aline Hartland
VI- Torn threads
VII- Boarding school
VIII - Unexpected Encounter
IX- Echoes of the Past
X- Bad news
XI- Captive
XII- Axel Kennedy
XIII- Partners in Pursuit
XIV- Unraveling Threads
XV- Evil Father
XVI- Unraveling shadows
XVIII- Intricate Connections
XIX- Family Reckonings
XX- Turn Against The Evil
XXI- Unexpected Alliances

XVII- Birth of truths

17 6 6
By Sandriallana

The investigation was becoming increasingly satisfying. Axel did not even need to resort to force, as the manager, a chubby old man, behaved like a friend. Despite his advanced age, his memory did not fail him. Far from it, he remembered a certain young man who had frequented his establishment—a sharp-minded, well-educated guy, the ideal type for all women.

"By the way, you really look like him, child!" he mentioned between anecdotes.

Though Axel intended to receive simple and direct answers, he had to endure the old man's stories. Initially surprised by his father's praises, Axel became less so as the tales unfolded. His father was indeed regarded highly by this man. Impatient by nature, Axel almost interrupted when a detail caught his attention.

"If you had seen the faces of his groupies when he brought a young girl here, they cried for a whole week!"

"Can you tell me about this woman, this girl? Who was she? His girlfriend?"

"Easy, young man, that's what we all hoped for, but unfortunately not. A tall brunette, stunning, with metallic blue eyes, believe me, my boy, I've never seen anything like it. Like a sapphire. Rich kid, yes, but living a simple life. They were studying together, it seems. They often came here to talk. Intellectuals, always with strange words. But they were inseparable. It lasted for years, and then one day, she didn't come anymore.

Neither did he, for a few weeks, and when we saw him again, he was not the same. He withdrew into himself. He became a shadow, entering and disappearing in silence. It was clear he loved that girl. But this love seemed to be one-sided. Poor man! You youngsters! Shortly after, we never saw her again. I wonder what happened to that lad! That love truly made him suffer. He really loved that woman. I know what I'm saying!"

After this revelation, the manager swiftly changed the topic, as if nothing had happened. Axel couldn't believe it—his father, in love? It was unimaginable! Yet, there was coherence between the old man's words and his father's confession during their last one-on-one.

"I was so obsessed with that woman that I could have killed her."

That sentence still echoed in his mind.

Unveiling an unexpected impulse, Axel randomly showed a picture of Arele to the old man, who widened his eyes.

"Yes, yes, she looks a lot like this girl!" he exclaimed, same appearance, same features. "And those eyes, I'd recognize them anywhere! Is she his daughter? And who are you?"

If Axel had hoped for any trace of his mother in this conversation, he was led to a more complex truth, yet far from unpleasant. Back at his desk, he instructed his team to investigate Arele's mother, as she was likely the person they were talking about. The dossier he received was crystal clear.

Moebi Hartland, BBA and social sciences graduate from Berkeley, probably where they met, eldest daughter of the founder and former CEO of the Artland company; married to Luc Dark Obby, mother of Arele Dark Obby, who died in a car accident 12 years ago.

Seemingly ordinary to the eyes of ordinary people, yet Axel knew it was just a facade.

"Send me everything on the April 15th accident involving Moebi Dark Obby. Also, find out about Luc Dark Obby," he ordered his men.

"Maybe you're cunning, father, but I am no less. I will soon uncover your secrets, and I swear I won't let you get away with it like this!"

***

I'm truly sorry; I should never have caused you pain, not like this. I love you so much, if only you knew. I only realized it too late. Now that you're no longer here, my heart, soul, and body cry out for you with all their strength. Could you ever forgive me, even just one day?

***

September 12th,

" "Mommy, Mommy, where's Daddy? Why doesn't he ever come?"

I didn't know how to respond to this question, which seemed directed at me. I was at a loss for words.

"Come on, let me take you to your parents," I simply replied.

"But Mommy, you are our Mommy!" exclaimed the little boy. "Have you forgotten us too?"

"Me? Mom? How?" I looked at the disbelieving child as he ran ahead of me, taking his sister with him, but they disappeared. They were just there in front of me. Where did they go? Although I didn't understand it, a ball of anxiety formed in the pit of my stomach. I started searching for them. By what names? I didn't know.

"Don't leave me, please! Where are you?"

I run, I think, but no answer. I was on the edge of the abyss. I hurt so much that I couldn't hold back my tears. I couldn't help it.

"Mommy, are you crying? Big brother, Mommy is crying!"

"Mom, don't cry, please. You're strong, Mom. Live, please, fight for yourself, for me and my little sister, for us!"

"Where are you? Who are you?" I continued calling, hoping to find my way and get out of this confusion.

"Arele!" I heard a different voice. "Wake up, Arele, you have twins, you know. They're growing inside you. If only you could hear them move! Live, Arele, you must live for them. I know you can hear me."

Twins? That I live? But…"

***

"Hurry, call the doctor, she's going into labor!"

"We need to proceed with the aerial chair, quickly!"

Nurses and the doctor rushed into the room of the patient about to give birth. Since the young woman was still in a vegetative state, childbirth was more delicate and dangerous, especially as she was expecting twins.

Fathim was at the peak of her worry. She had been trying to reach Michel for a good ten minutes without success.

"Damn it! What's he doing?" she exclaimed.

"We have to wait another 30 minutes to start. Stay close to her and inform us of any changes," said the doctor.

"Fine!" she replied before calling Michel for the umpteenth time. He finally picked up.

"Good grief, Michel! I've been trying to reach you forever. Come to the hospital quickly," she said before hanging up on him.

"Ugh, this woman," grumbled the young man.

Michel did not like hospitals, especially when he saw the condition of his friend. He rarely visited her, often under Fathim's insistence. Even as a child, he had a phobia of hospitals, and it did not seem to improve as he grew older. He had tried for her, but coming back from there, he would feel nauseous for a week.

Fathim was unaware of this. She counted his refusals among guilt, ego, and everything else. Although he initially managed to slip away, she always found a way to corner him. And when it happened, he couldn't even articulate. Let's admit it, this woman has more power over him than he had thought. Someone who has never been interested in the female gender, other than Arele, his childhood friend and love, now carrying another man's child.

He did not know if he could bear to see this child being born, as it would remind him of his failure. Sometimes, he considers himself a coward for using the same excuse, but it's stronger than him. In truth, he can only be grateful to Fathim for everything. For Arele and for himself. Looking back, he has never been able to do it properly. He'll treat her to dinner after all this.

Arriving at the hospital, Michel grimaced as he got out of the car. He quickly traversed the corridor, avoiding inhaling the scent of medicines.

"What's happening?" he asked the young woman when he caught up to her.

"She's going into labor!" she said without turning around.

"Wait! What?" he exclaimed. Although he knew this day would come, he did not feel ready, not at all.

"They're going to proceed with an aerial chair in a few minutes. Nothing is certain yet. Twins! My God, I hope they're okay!"

Fathim was at the end of her nerves. She tried as best as she could to hide it, but she couldn't. Michel noticed it immediately. He regretted making her carry this burden alone. He dared to gaze at his unconscious friend for the first time in a long while. She was as pale as a sheet but as peaceful as a lake. It seemed like nothing that was happening concerned her. Even in this state, she remained true to herself. He lingered his gaze on her swollen belly. She was beautiful even like this, and so vulnerable.

"Please wait outside," the nurse's voice pulled him out of his thoughts. The wait was excruciating. Seconds turned into minutes, minutes into hours, and hours felt like an eternity.

Three hours later, they finally heard cries piercing the silence of the room. They felt a massive weight lift off their shoulders. Fathim rushed inside first.

"It's a miracle!" exclaimed the doctor. He turned to the young woman and introduced the newcomers. "Congratulations! Your friend was very strong. The babies are healthy. They still need to stay under observation to gain more weight and nutrients."

"And the mother?"

"It all depends on her will now!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello sweeties,
Here we are again with Arele, Axel, Michel and Fathim.
What will Axel discover after further investigations?
How will evolute Michel and Fathim's relationship?
What names do you want to give to Arele's baby?

Don't hesitate to comment!(≧▽≦)(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 13.2K 34
Blaze White is the New Girl at the Prep school in her mothers old home town. But her only goal for senior year is to keep a low profile, no friends...
494K 17.6K 43
DARK ROMANCE We entered in that basement and the smell of dry blood hit my nostrils. I look at the basement and it looks old and dirty place the wh...
45.6K 1.8K 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
1M 20.7K 42
When a young women named Cordelia, find's herself in the new club downtown, she encounters deep family secrets after she parties hard and bumps into...